youtube.com/watch?v=kx2WwwaLcu0
youtube.com/watch?v=W9oq4K0s7L8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yamaha

STIGMA!

1st for kawasaki a best

More bikes, more problems

what glass?

I actually took a street 750 out for a test ride, and while I hate HD's reliability, it was a very enjoyable bike to ride. I mostly liked the seating position and ergonomics compared to most cruisers I've ridden, but the street 750 isn't really a "cruiser".

Half tempted to pick one up, because it's either that or going for the NC700 I wanted. Nothing else feels super comfortable or is out of my price range.

Old D40, 35mm prime

Don't see FZ's climbing the hills at the x games.
Just saying

sry i meant raceglass on the yam

Oh, some shit no name shark skins knock off I bought on the R6 forums.

Right, all the WRs have already finished the course while the HD chugs up the first hill.

Hey dbt
I'm a highly skilled IT tech and want to treat myself to a motorcycle.
It will be my first so I want something a complete noob can be confident on. Ive been thinking about the FZ6.
Would it have enough power to ride my wife's son on the passenger pillion for when we go to magic tournies? I did a mockup of it and if seems good so far.

They've held up pretty well over the years.

>pastel
Europeans are gay my god

Noob
Better lean a bit harder.

Just bought a 98 road king police as my first bike. Only road dirt bikes before now.

Listen EF, OP went through all the trouble of posting a harley and saying "let's drop the stigma for a thread." You can at least respect that and drop the bike hate for one single thread, right?

Totally

Only closeted gays have problems with using certain colours.

ahh gotcha I have da sharkskinz it's nice

I agree, should be neon.

-_-

Wouldn't the street 500 be a better comparison to the GS500?

The street 500 might be comparable to a 125

Noice

Wow the iron 883 is 14k ride away?
For 14k you can get a softail
Whoever made this comparison shopped it hard

It's all they had at home depot

I rode one, it felt like it had more pull than any 500cc I've ridden for sure. It's just heavier and wider than what I really want out of a bike.

Honestly it feels a little bit like riding a rebel 500 with a similar top speed but more low-end torque.

Of course he can't. Why do you think he doesn't post with his trip anymore?

Question: where are all the turbo bikes?

Fuck the liter class, they already have too much power. But you could take a smaller (and lighter) bike and give it open class power.
>400-600cc triple
>modern VNT turbo
>electronic boost/knock control
etc

If something like a VW polo or chevy sonic can be turbocharged without fucking the price point or driveability, why not a sportbike?

Glad you took my advice, looks much better that way. But bait posting is still gay

Because the Polo has a turbo for fuel efficiency, not speed.

Stigma dropped
Here's my neat bikes

>all bikes redbook rrp in AUD at 2013 prices

I threw Harley a bone last thread big time I'm sick of bickering all the time

>can't we all just get along?

I'd have a panic attack if I ever got asked to wrench that thing. I'll stick with nakeds.

BEAST

Imagine this but with 35 years of R&D behind it

youtube.com/watch?v=pvvZiT_rslg

If you just had your hands relaxed and smiled, you'd have a much better picture and completely different perceived personality altogether.

>Question: where are all the turbo bikes?

In the past.

Does VGT give linear power delivery like a supercharger?

Kawasaki is the only modern forced induction...Suzuki did file patents for something iirc but I am waiting to see a 599 supercharged powerplant making 200whp from kaw

motorcycle.com/features/turbocharged-suzuki-revealed-in-patent-filings.html

How fast have you had it? Whats it top out at?

?

Spedometer goes to 120 and it pulls a little after that until rev limiter hits.

Will harley guys make fun of me if I show up on a street 750 instead of some road king or cvo?

My 300 was faster

Cute

Why didn't you join discord yet

Not even EF, but for 95% of scenarios you don't need to break 120mph on your bike. Unless someone has massive road rage and you need to completely fuck off, in which case a 600 or 1k sportsbike would be the most ideal.

I personally wouldn't buy a street.
My first Harley was a 95 sportster 1200. It was too small for me though than a couple months later I got the slim s

Pic me on sportster

Because they wouldn't sell.
Why would you want that over just getting a better engine? It's just inflating the price for the sole purpose of having forced induction.
It's the same reason they don't make 250-400cc race bikes anymore, for about the same price you can get something way better.

Obviously

>tfw people shitting on ef for having a cap of 120mph
I can wring out an indicated 80 on flat ground in warmer weather.

As for ur question
Idk
If you want an entry level harley I suggest a used sporty
You can make them into anything you want with unlimited aftermarket.

What are your thoughts on this cutie?
Is the SF400 HyperVTEC good?

Sporty

well the biggest reason for forced induction is the
>GAINS

Has anyone ordered from pic related? Do they usually take a long time to complete your order? They havent responded to my email either. Im just hoping they took a long weekend since i ordered friday morning

Depending on which yamafag you are, at least you actually take your bike out where most people won't.

Extremely light
Extremely fun to ride
Extremely well made
Extremely good resale

Valve adjustments are a bitch
It's got no torque
Parts can be rare depending on country

It wouldn't be competing with 600s
A turbo 600 would be competing in the 1000cc class, same price and power, but less weight.

H2R is slower around a track than a regular liter, they're just not well suited to motorcycles.

Shit posting in dbt on occasion is enough for me

See It can't even compete with bikes its own size.

Looking to put it up on stands for the winter. Any good stands on the market and should I just get back or back and front?

It's a good bike but that's a lot of money for a bike you'll probably not keep forever.

>harley street 500
33hp
480lbs
>honda rebel 500
44hp
408lbs

No way the harley is faster or felt better

Pitbull is best, but they all do they same thing. Having both is useful

Very different kettle of fish tho man - turbocharging already overpowered bikes is a waste of time.

Historically the literbikes have always been faster than zx12s or zx14s or hayabusas or whatever. Mainly because of weight and overall physical limits of acceleration. Yawn.

The smaller bikes could use the extra power and they aren't as hampered by weight as the open class bikes.

Yes, there is a hierarchy, Dyna guys make fun of soft tails, who make fun of Vrods, who make fun of sporties, who make fun of the new streets. Interestingly ( not really, everybody knows why ) everybody makes fun of HD.

Protip, did you piss off a HD rider, just pass a bar, they will stop every time cause they are more interested in telling the other chap wearing faggots how cool a HD is rather than actually riding.

Its not light. Its actually very heavy and slow.
The suspension is junk from the 70s
The engine has to be revved to the moon to get any power going.
Its seriously a meme

Sorry, I rode a street 750 and it felt like a rebel 500 with more low end torque, but heavier.

I apologize for the mistake.

I have pissed off harley riders in the past (not intentionally) and all I had to do was split a few rows ahead in traffic.

>H2R is slower around a track than a regular liter, they're just not well suited to motorcycles.

Yeah maybe some tracks but this is a tired argument because the same can be said of many other bikes. On some tracks a 599 will lap faster than a liter. On some tracks a 250 will lap faster than a 599. Etc.

Which bike is better? The answer is simply it depends right? The H2R is 480lbs wet or so but more importantly has a longer wheelbase. It is suited for large sweepers and eats up straights. It would crush a liter here while still remaining competent elsewhere.

I do not understand what you mean by forced induction not being well suited for a motorcycle. The H2/H2R is very powerful. They just came out with a sport touring bike utilizing the same tech albeit with a higher compression ratio. The biggest thing with forced induction is linear power delivery for this application which is achieved with the Kawasakis so it does not upset the chassis. The other factor is bang for buck when making gains. Because you make significantly more power dollar vs dollar when compared to n/a. So again I don't understand what you mean.

>caring what harleyfags think

tfw not riding right now

I like to have both myself. Being able to lift at the triple tree is very nice

>same price and power, but less weight
No, no, and no. H2 is about double the price of superbikes, doesn't make that much more power, and weighs significantly more.
It's so much more beneficial to just add 400cc for a lot more power and not much more weight compared to a supercharger.
They weren't made because Kawasaki thought they would be good bikes, they were made just so they could say they made it.

I visited the guy selling the Ariel yesterday.
The bike looks quite imposing in person. The seat was comfortable, albeit a bit wide. The owner said that his seat was mounted a bit higher as were the footpeg mounts, the bike itself sits at stock height.
Even with the high seat the fuel tank is quite tall and seemingly obtrusive and doesn't sit flush with the frame as some images depict. At first, I thought this feature was weird, but after sitting on the bike I found it to be quite comfy. It feels as if you're sitting inside the motorcycle instead of on it.
What I didn't like:
1) For some reason I expected it to sound like a vmax. However, it just sounds weird and loud.
2) The posh TFT dash looks out of place on a bike like this.
3) Footpegs have visible marks that they were dragged.
4) Steering is slightly heavy, probably because of the girder forks. Front has some dive, unlike BMW.
5) Headlight is complete and utter rubbish! What the fuck were they thinking mounting this small and dim piece on a bespoke motorbike?
7) Doesn't feel like a 170hp muscle bike at all(not exactly a bad thing, but a bit underwhelming).

It's a very polished ride overall, breaks are very tactile, gearbox is smooth, suspension offers just enough feel, clutch is very light. Everything on the bike is sturdy and built to last.
The Somerset plant is a two hour ride from where I live so parts shouldn't be a problem.

Harley paid fir that race series to entice younger consumers

i thought it was powerful since it got VTEC.
you are probably right, picking the SF as first actual bike doesn't sound that good since the terrain here is an actual forest.

>you make significantly more power dollar vs dollar when compared to n/a
No you don't, look at power output from an H2 compared to an S1000RR

Riding a bike doesn't make you tough buddy, all these choices for a photo and you chose to look like a douche.

I always wondered why the h2 didn't have intercoolers?

>snow
Hey it's that other thing 2 strokes are objectively better at. Seems to have been some mistake as that's both a 4 stroke and a motorcycle.

It's designed so they don't need one

In honesty, VTEC is more of a fuel saving measure. It makes a bike feel more powerful when it kicks. Hence more fun to ride.
The dumbshits around here feel cheated by loss of HP. Envision the glass half full and you'll love it.

>H2 is about double the price of superbikes, doesn't make that much more power, and weighs significantly more.

The H2/10R are both available in different flavors. The H2 SX msrp is 19k. Compare that to the 10R SE at almost 22k. So you can get a supercharged powerplant for less than a 10R.

And then you say it doesn't make much more power but that is stock only and the supercharged powerplants make appreciably more torque. Then of course the forced induction pick up significantly more power when modding. Huge gains bruv.

Yes they weigh more but they are not superbikes. They are longer wheelbase. Instead of thinking of them as a heavy superbike think of them as a light hyperbike...the H2 is like 60 pounds lighter than the hayabusa or ZX-14R

bullshit

>No you don't, look at power output from an H2 compared to an S1000RR

Dude what? Did you deliberately forget to copy and paste the sentence right before this one? I said:

>The other factor is bang for buck when making gains. Because you make significantly more power dollar vs dollar when compared to n/a.

Show me a n/a motor that picks up the same gains as a forced induction motor dollar for dollar? The H2 shits all over the bimmer in this regard. It's not rocket science.

Is the fuel tank going under the seat?

No really, low comp, low boost and retard the piss out of the timing. see designed.

ZX10R is 15k msrp and makes 197hp compared to 201hp of the 19k bike.
Fuck off with your shitty comparisons, snake oil salesman.

Go drink the koolaid somewhere else, there's a reason companies aren't doing this - it's a shit idea.

they should've either gone all balls out with with the stupid goldwing engine or a more conservative build with a honda v-twin.

bullshit to your bullshit. That doesn't mean that people who mod them don't add an intercooler but yes they were designed to not need an intercooler. You know there is a guy who converted a H2R for street use. He even talks about some of this in his couple videos he posted to yt.

youtube.com/watch?v=mylS_kaN_Ls

youtube.com/watch?v=kx2WwwaLcu0

youtube.com/watch?v=W9oq4K0s7L8