Considering buying some kind of classic landbarge for cruising around on the weekends...

Considering buying some kind of classic landbarge for cruising around on the weekends. Obviously not a daily since the gas mileage and safety are heinous. The 60s Continentals have style for fucking days and can be purchased (sort of) cheaply. What's the catch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S0whfz5XNTQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Caring about safety
What are you some sort of faggot?

most people don't have space to store one thee bigbois i guess, and the lack of safety, gas mileage, tech and speed.

Yeah. That's it. You got me.

The size is in the name, Continent-al. But really, people just see these as old junkers and not any good for shit, especially ones with under 350ci displacement, and double especially with under 300ci displacement.

Also, the ones you find for cheap are the junkyard warriors, wearing rust clothes. Get out the sanding and polishing equipment.

>some sort of faggot
I fuck dudes and I give 0 shits about automotive safety beyond what is required to make a car legal for me to drive. This "man" is some sort of estrogen elemental.

Quite honestly, can these maintain 80 mph on the highway?

>60s
Wrong decade for comfy barges.

I passed up buying '78 Mark V today. I think I finally understand what depression feels like. It doesn't really hurt, it just numbs.
delete this

Why? It's far better at being a 'landbarge' if that's what you are after.

If you want to have fun with an old barge get one that came stock with a v8 and an auto, and swap in a manual. Something like an old Buick Roadmaster

With a manual in those you can burn up tires with no effort

youtube.com/watch?v=S0whfz5XNTQ

That really wouldn't do much for anything outside of specific models like a late 90's Caprice or Roadmaster. Most 70's barges were slow because of smog as no American manufacturer had their shit together when the oil crisis hit so the best way to raise gas mileage was to make the engine fight for every drop with smog controls and detuning.

He's not wrong, most cars got barge-y by the 70's while the only landbarges of the 60's would be the Cadillacs, Lincolns, Chryslers and (technically independant) Imperials. Lincoln Continentals are starting to dwindle out, Cadillacs are still fairly prized and the Imperials and Chryslers just have every asshole at a carshow quote B-52's at you. If you want stupidly fun barges, then you should just go for something big and violently 70's like a Monte Carlo or a Granada.

How good is your storage situation? Any vintage barge is stupidly long and the last thing you want is to get a self storage that can't contain your tank of choice.

You haven't been here for long or else you would have gotten the joke.

I have a driveway so it would just be covered all the time.

Quality responses.

Will you want it to?

go for GM 68 to 71 Cadillac eldorado ar a real sexy choice getting the highest displacement front wheel drive mosters ever made