Imagin spending half a million doolaroos on a... V6

Imagin spending half a million doolaroos on a... V6.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/o/1517204506148.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=78iwAWfOe_c
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a15884757/ford-gt-lap-record-vir-viper-acr/
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a15947346/2019-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-vir-lap-record/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, I won't, because I'll be spending my half a million doolaroos on a dragster rather than a trackmobile.

I wouldn't mind the V6, but the interior is the shittiest plastic pile of fucking dogshit in the world. You expect 500 grand to grant you a better interior than a 2007 honda civic, but they fucked it up bad.

It's like sitting in a cheaper version of a ford fiesta.

It literally has the same headlight switch that the 2012+ Focus has.

The last ICE god machine. It's fucking beautiful.

Who the hell were Ford going to appeal to with this car? It's not baby boomer C5 owners because it's way past their money and the engine's a V6 over the meme-tier V8, it's not any real drivers because it rides like ass and the interior is more partsbin than a mid-80's Chrysler, idiots maybe but even then it rides like a rat rod except everyone thinks your an absolute chode while you drive it.

This proves how wrong those idiots who say things like "hurr durr al cars are reliable/quality made these days".

No, they aren't. Even in the six-figure price tag you can see how cheap american cars are and the low standards they use. Meanwhile a 2010 Lexus that costs 100k less than this car is made the highest quality considerations to all the aspects of the car.

Even at half-million dollars burgers can only make a fast plastic turd with a big truck engine, lmao.

Literally every car company shared parts with other models, it's more cost effective to do that then design all these seperate trim functions just for one whole car. Everyone from Honda to Lexus does this so it'd make sense that Ford would just go "fuck it" and place some interior components from the parts bin for shit that most people don't notice.

>burgers can only make a fast plastic turd with a big truck engine, lmao.
Except its canadian made dumbass.

>I wouldn't mind the V6
Id certainly mind some watered down mazda garbage being in a car with the name of a legend.

Haha okay

>
>Everyone from Honda to Lexus [..]

I literally put you an example where does not the case you fucking idiot, Lexus even made a fucking carbon fiber mill and associated with Yamaha to make that car, because at that price is supposed to be something special mora than just a fast piece of plastic.

How stupid can you be?

mean to

I'm talking about small shit, quit breathing in your own farts for a second. So what they did a carbon fiber mill and associated with Yamaha, Ford did that years prior for a fucking Taurus, not some overpriced Mazda that's gonna have fuck all value in 3 years.

A Lexus is for the soccer mom who couldn't get a loan out for a used Cadillac Escalade.

It's fucking pathetic how deluded you are, the thing is that this is not in any way comparable to things like BMW using the same electric motors for the trunk of the Rolls Royce (which is the pathetic excuse you are trying to make). This is much worse.

This is a 500k car that not only has lots of visible parts from a fucking 2011 Fiesta BUT ALSO has the same quality and cheap feeling that those shitboxes. You understand know the difference you idiot?. This is something some exclusive to them. The american made Acura NSX also has the same problem. This is not comparable to anything in Europe or Japan. Now keep going with your delusion, there are plenty of reviewers out there that have described how laughable the quality control is.

>we've reached a time when american sports cars larp as europoor saudiwagons to be fast

You're getting really pissy, did Jamal call and say that if you don't pay your loan that he'll fuck your wife again?

I get your point, it's bad that they're reusing parts from an expensive car. But another user put it pretty bluntly earlier, who the fuck is this car for? It's half a mil for a V6 and an aerodynamic body with less hp than a GM meme-C6 "Whatever the performance package is for this gen". It's got specific parts plucked from other Ford products because there's probably a specific section of Ford engineers that know that the only people willing to actually buy this thing aren't going to be in it long enough to notice or haven't ever been in a Fiesta to realize what the parts are from.

Ford doesn't give a flying fuck whether or not if they sell a single GT when they can curb stomp in GTE/GTLM like they did today at Daytona. Granted, they've already sold the lot of them, so I'd call it a success.

>Gets bitchy when his limited run hardcore homologation special feels like it has a cheap interior.

Why are Europoors such pussies?

Kill yourself. i.4cdn.org/o/1517204506148.jpg

i think you have that backwards, user.

>gte class is based on production sports cars
>no cars produced until mid 2017
>started racing in 2016
why does ford get special treatment?

I too watch The Grand Tour

Ford GT shares engine with F150...you know, the kind of WORK TRUCK driven by WETBACKS. KEK. Ford GT Wetback Pedigree

So expensive, so slow.

Nigger you know that companies enter motor sport to sell cars right

Still beating Ferraris like it was intended.

So Ford invested all that money to go racing on two continents to sell a handful of 400k supercars? Probably should get your money back for that marketing degree, they did it to sell Mustangs and Focus STs, they don't give a shit about selling the GT.

Because Ford petitioned the other manufacturers in the class and got the go ahead. Don't agree to something if you're going to bitch about it later.

Ford GT
complain about cheap plastic interior/switches
Bugatti
complain about heavy interior

you can't win

youtube.com/watch?v=78iwAWfOe_c

>Bugatti
>complain about heavy interior
Literally no one did that. The Bugatti is practically a luxury car.

faggot like shmee

A fucking Zonda has the center stack out of a Rover, so try again.

I don't know, ask the people who grandfathered in a more power, lighter car in the GT4 class.

>Meanwhile a 2010 Lexus that costs 100k less than this car is made the highest quality considerations to all the aspects of the car

You really believe that every single part in that LFA cannot be found in anything else in the world?

How fucking naive can one person be?

Because they have the money to bribe the organization and their competitors. It's the same fucking reason why the Viper was the center of an asston of penalties and special rules in the 90s and 00s. The moment Dodge got the leg up on the competition and began ass raping Yuropean supercar with a Jethro-built V10 go kart, everyone starting shedding money years until they made the mean snek unable to compete.

Also, kind of like how Ford threw a fucking shit fit to NASCAR because the Superbird and Daytona were so many light years ahead of their competition that Ford's useless 427 could only net them 5th position every race.

The amount of butthurt this car has caused is quite enjoyable and very entertaining.

wtf does that have to do with anything?

what difference does it make

they could make a supercar with a 1 cylinder if they really wanted

>Muh v6
>Muh turn signal
Really reaching there

not really. It matters because V6 is THE worst layout there is

>HURR DURR PARTS BINNING
So grab some good parts out of the better bins instead of grabbing the cheapest plastic shit you can find. Expensive, good looking parts are binned too. Why the fuck not use those instead of some shitty plastic from whatever cheap shitbox they had the most of?

Fake news

being faster than a 918 will do that. europoors are still very butthurt

Its a homologation car, it needs to appeal to no one
At most it appeals to people who want a track monster, Just like the viper ACR did

Like how Chrysler threw a temper tantrum over Ford's 427 SOHC, and even built their own overhead cam engine just to prove to NASCAR "Seeeeee? It's too faaaaaaast!" Only two still have their 426 dick slapped by the side oiler 427.

only to*

fucking phone.

Ford GT shares an engine with the 2016 Daytona Prototype, you fucking mongoloid

In a Ford.

No reason not to post all the lap times

That has an outdated VIR time, but regardless.

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a15884757/ford-gt-lap-record-vir-viper-acr/

The 3.5 Ecoboost V6 shares like 60% of it's components with an F150 3.5 Ecoboost V6.

Not quite a truck engine, but not that far off.

Oh ok, my bad

Daily reminder at one time the world's fastest car was a twin-turbo V6, and in the 1990's people were tripping over themselves to buy one, and they are now millions of dollars if you can find one for sale.

Why do Veeky Forumstists never complain about this car, which by the way did not fare as well in motorsport like the Ford GT has.

>comparing a ford to a jaguar

They do complain about the xj220. But Veeky Forums is one of the most retarded automotive communities there is. So there’s that to consider also

>implying ford didn't own jaguar when this car was released

A Jaguar that was made under Ford's ownership.

It was meant to be V12.

Daily reminder that the XJ220 engine's choice was due to Emissions and used a rally derived V6 in an era of uncucked motorsports when homolagation actually meant something more than marketing and not a V6 based on another companies scraps aka "Ecoboost" and Mazda. THAT is an example of a Cool V6 super car. the Ford GT's choice was a result of "If you even DARE use anything too powerful we are going to shove BOP restrictions up your asshole" (see: Cadillac DPis downsizing from 6.2 to 5.5 L V8s because they mopped the floor with everyone last year and got hit hard with bop) at that point why bother using a V8 if the FIA is going to punish you for it? although TVR seems to think they can win GTLM le mans in the future with a cosworth tuned Ford V8 so can't wait for that.
>They do complain about the xj220
Most people here love the XJ220 and it gets posted from time to time in "best looking car" and "dream car" threads.

g/o/d machine, VAG cuckolds are seething with rage

Literally, actually, indisputably and unironically this. The interior is shit because NOBODY CARES, m-muh V6 is totally fine for WEC, the car does literally everything it is supposed to do, it wasn't built so that you could enjoy it, it was built to win races, which it just did.

>Still beating Ferraris
>No Ferraris on the list
Retard

>tripping over to buy them
That was when they had a v12 prototype you dumb tripnigger. When they changed it to v6 people sued and cancelled their orders.

>so slow they arent even top 10
How will Enzo recover

The McLaren F1 has the same taillights as a fucking bus lol

>When they changed it to v6 people sued and cancelled their orders.
God, why are people so entitled...

>sending half a million to drive in a straight line

Well if you actually watched the show, Ferrari wouldn't let them actual time their cars because they are afraid of getting BTFO.
Retard.

This car is such a meme holy shit. It's quicker than I thought it would be around a track but well, it's mostly British and a bit Italian. But the 'murican engine is amazing as well. It is very expensive though. Not sure if I think it would be worth it. That's a full option GT2 RS money with over 100k to spare.

>But the 'murican engine
engine isn't even american sadly.

>it's mostly British and a bit Italian.

it's made and designed in Canada you retard

id rather have the shitty plastic interior. lightweight and comfy. it's what sportscars are SUPPOSED to have. it's a personal space. it is not a throne for a king, it's your goddamn chair, and only one person sits in it because its defining characteristic is not how fancy it is but the fact that it is your goddamn chair.

and pic related is the best interior of all time, period.

It looks fucking great though

It looks fucking great
>for amerifat standards

>ugly
>v6
>mazda tech
>bad interior
>overpriced
honestly, the only american car worth owning is the snek.

Where is the shifter?

the viper is much slower than the GT

what is brand image

It looks like a sportscar interior.

If you want a leather and wood "luxury" clusterfuck so you can pose as a rich kid better, well, you're not the kind of person who can afford this car, or you're too dumb to realize that it is not for taking stacy chang for a ride in your proof-of-richness-and-tastemobile, but for going fast.

what if they did it because they just wanted to?

>company is run by men who like racing
>company spends its excessive funds on racing instead of raises for execs
>anything good that comes of this is a coincidence
>jewslaves: "this doesn't make sense."

Those people were idiots. It's to this day one of if not the most beautiful car ever made.

I love the Ford GT, so whatever. But that's damn proper.

So much for the gt shitposting. Should have had a V8
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a15947346/2019-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-vir-lap-record/

fucking rekt

I couldn't shrug more to this, the 2019 ZR1 broke a record set by a 2016 Ford GT pre-production car that is not even the competition series, when they weren't trying to set a lap record.

Ford doesn't really do lap times, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them come back and set a quicker time.

>they didn't even wait a week

straight savage
raw dogged with no lube

not street legal

In europe, VIR is in america fucktard. THey can drive to and from the track in question

That's a shitty excuse, here's a better one. The guy who beat the ford gt's time wasn't even a race car driver, he's just an engineer.

>assblasted fordfags have already started the damage control campaign

Lol

>gm struggling to compete with a base model gt
loool

post really caused a trigger

nice try, it isn't street legal in America either

>Aside from a harness bar and five-point harnesses
five-point harnesses aren't street legal in any US state

stay BTFO and sperg more GM cucks, reminder Ford won the Daytona 24H

they're going to flip over this lool

I think the vette is pretty awesome, I'm just glad it's American

Alright, take out the harness bar and the 5 point belts. It'll save some weight making it even faster.
Besides, the driver was a fucking engineer, not even a pro driver. Just admit ford got monumentally fucked loser

GT comes with a harness, but you're not supposed to use it on the road. Wink wink.

>take out the harness bar and the 5 point belts. It'll save some weight making it even faster.
*citation needed*
the harness bar could add rigidity to the body, the zr1 record is invalid because five-point harnesses are not street legal

yeah, and the corvette does not, so not only it isn't street legal but it is modified aswell lol

GM can't compete as usual

Ain't no one paying 2.2 million for a used vette