Winter Beater Cost

I live in Massachusetts and I'm looking to buy a $500-$1000 RWD Volvo to drive during the winter to spare my daily from the salt. How much does it typically cost to insure a winter beater for 3-5 months? I pay $2000 a year to insure my daily that is prone to rust.

It'd probably depend on your coverage, what state you're in and other factors.
Just call up your broker and ask.

>winter beater
>rwd
The absolute state of Veeky Forums.

You are retarded.

>buying a 40 year old car to use a beater
dumb fucking hipster

comfy

>all dat box
dick status; muh

>winter beater
>RWD

>not getting a winter beater to pull hektik skidz
the absolute state of plebs these days

>winter beater
>rwd

This. I had two Volvo 240s, a sedan and a wagon, and they were by far the best winter cars I've ever driven. A good set of winter tires and a couple of sandbags in the back, and they're unstoppable. Plus the heaters are fucking ridiculous.

>mfw I had to crack the windows even when it was -40 because it would get too hot inside

>nu-males

post car

who the fuck buys an old as fuck rwd car for a winter beater. One that probably has seen 30 winters of salt and rust....Veeky Forums is literally stupid fucking morons.

over here in Ontario, insurance is per (primary) driver so we would pay only the more expensive rate of two cars, barring situations where there is one primary driver and one "secondary" driver for two cars. Some cases a secondary driver still has to pay even if there's only one car, usually if they're under 25 or something.

I would be more concerned of having/renting space for a second car.

>winter beater
>not rwd
Anyways OP I leave it on year round and run it as a back up vehicle in the summer. Only adds like $25 a month, but I have the absolute minimum liability on it.
Arguably the best $500 shitbox I've ever bought, four winters later and I'd drive it cross country right now.

>who the fuck buys an old as fuck rwd car for a winter beater.
Someone who isn't worried about driving in snow as much as they are trying to spare their daily from driving in salt. You might have had an easier time realizing this had OP written that out for you.
>"... to spare my daily from the salt."
Oh wait. They did!

If you get a 700 series volvo made after '88, they're usually fully galvanized.

>going on Veeky Forums
>expecting reading comprehension
I wish I had your faith in humanity.

My 940

All these people who don't know how good traction a Volvo has on snow and ice. Plus failing to realize that an fwd spinning out makes you lose all steering, while an rwd just does hektik skids
Also this, my parents left a '95 940 outside for 7 years and the only things that had rust on them were the brakes and windshield wipers.

If you need a winter beater 700 and 900 are easier to drive.

That is still stupid. Get a basic under wash and it will be fine. You do not need a "winter beater"

Except if you live somewhere that salts the roads. They don't change the water in car washes that often, so washing your undercarriage in the winter means spraying your shit up with high pressure salt water.

the best winter beaters are galvanized

Not the case bud.

As someone that lives in the rust belt, I can assure you rust is no joke.

It starts out as a small bubble, but by the end of the season your entire rocker is simply missing. Even with washing when the weather permits, I won't daily my pride and joy during the winter months ever again.

Doesn't help I'm super paranoid of other drivers. Look at the dude with the king ranch that was involved in a front end collision with a Mitsubishi eclipse that chose not to run winter tires during the winter season.

Damn these old Volvos look like knockoff American sedans

Do it. Have been daily driving my 245 for the past 5+years. 300k miles without a hitch, gets on through snow just fine with open diff, even better with snow tires.