BMW M2

Why is the BMW M2 held in such high regard? The performance and overall value proposition is fairly underwhelming.

Consider this:

>uses tuned n55 engine to make a pathetic 365whp
>have to pay extra for a dual clutch transmission, something that was offered in the decade old 135i
>entry model kia tier interior and exterior
>only revs to 7k
>only makes 343 torque
>a 22k gti with a flash literally makes more torque
>starts at $55k

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2JALQO7rLRw&app=desktop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

for my mental health. makes the daily commute fun.

>only makes 343 torque
>only makes 343 lb ft torque
Fixed that for you, you fucking degenerate American

>euros thinking their units matter
Nobody cares.

No, lb/ft is an American abomination. First eorld countries use newton metres.

Your average euro poor has no concept of what a newton is.
Every amerikun can imagine a foot pound.

It's the best Euro car for the money.

Plus it's faster than the more expensive GT350:
youtube.com/watch?v=2JALQO7rLRw&app=desktop

>amerishart doesn't recognize his own units when he sees them
>he probably thought that "torks" was the unit

>a pound is easier to imagine than 100g
keep slurping your glucose syrup

You've never driven one. Its that simple. The car is really good.
If you wanted to actually criticize it you would mention the weight and electric steering but that's ok, just a symptom of you not actually touching the cars you criticize.

Cars aren't an art form, you can't join the discussion by looking up the numbers and pictures without experience using them...

This
BMW M cars have never looked good on paper but they've always been the best to drive

Fuck you and your twin clutch meme.
The m2 is good because its probably the last m car mated to a manuel bmw will produce.
Its a drivers car. If you really want to you can get assrammed by that golf, but it still requires a flash and gas no i6

>foot pound - a unit of torque equal to the force of 1 lb acting perpendicularly to an axis of rotation at a distance of 1 foot.

You think Americans can imagine how much force 1 pound is (force pounds aren't the same as mass pounds) and how it's applied rotationally? Maybe if they took a physics class and remember how torque works, but everyone here just thinks tork is how fast their car is.

an m2 starts at $55k and its $57k with the dual clutch WOW such huge price difference lmao
the interior has god tier ergonomics it isn't trying to be luxurious it is all function over form.

Other way around buddy. People praising the M2 because it's not like other modern M cars. Pic related, he liked the GS-F more but obviously it's horse shit compare to the M5 on paper

>Clarkson

>450g is harder to imagine then 100g

>TFW a Camemero is faster and better equipped

How will buttmad krauts ever recover?

nice try

the "pound" in foot pound refers to pound force which is mass times acceleration or lb*ft/s^2. In yuro units this is kg*m/s^2 which is also called a newton. weight =/= mass. a foot pound of torque is not moving a 1 pound object 1 foot; it's putting 1 pound of FORCE on a 1 foot long moment arm to rotate something.

The m2 has great driving feels apparently. Feels like an old BMW m car. The rest are fast but numb.

yes this difference is really important to make when you're on the moon you fucking autist.

literally daily reminder that the sensation of driving a car cannot be captured in raw performance numbers.

so yes op, buy an m4 instead

swallow some soy and then neck yourself, googlecarfag.

the butthurt is real

Holy shit these people are retarded. Are 'muricans really this dumb? I can't believe it. Not even going to bother with the rest of the thread.

The ride and quality of the car is impeccable. Nothing an ameriburger would understand. You only get slogans and catch phrases. The jews really own you

>yfw you can flash the M2

Nice apples to oranges comparison. If it was the SS vs a M240i it would be fair.

The SS 1le is a better comparison. Significantly less expensive at $45k and faster around the track

too bad the camaro is a cheap gm plastic product that looks like a hotwheels car and is an awful daily driver.

>Clarkson
He is the best automotive journalist user

the most contrarian automotive journalist*
He sometimes changes his opinion on something twice per year btw

very interesting. rather than comparing cars based on objective technical specifications, butthurt BTFO bmw fags resort to the classic "you gotta drive one to understand" argument.

t. underage kiddie who judges cars by top speed and 0-60 times

On earth a foot (force) and a foot (mass) are the same. And we use foot (force) to measure literally everything.

Harris agrees as well

i judge cars by the cold hard facts. the m2 has literally nothing going for it. give me one component that makes it stand out. some ultra high tech electronic diff? wow. that's worth the 60k for a 365 Bhp (lmao i thought it was whp not bhp, you bmwfags just make yourself look worse every time you post) for a rwd camry? cool

It's the same price as a Focus RS. And it's 10k cheaper than the EcoBoost Mustang, Audi RS3, or Porsche Cayman.
It seems like decent value for money.

It's the fastest and best handling non american car you can buy for the money and it can be had with a manual, that's all it needs to stand out for car enthusiasts and that's why its selling like hot cakes.
The cars driving dynamics also strongly resemble the classic M cars which already tells much.
Plus its 3.0 liter engine has huge aftermarket and tuning potential.
There, your clueless mind has been educated.

If youre buying a car for specs and tech features M2 money gets you a used S class or 7 series.

>wow haha only 3k xDDD
read again what i meant, and maybe you'll understand why its praised
either that or go suck a dick, i dont give a shit either way

Clarkson is an entertainer, not a journalist, sort of how we don't really have president in the white house right now.

a focus RS is 36k lol

you do know the imperial system is derived from the metric system right?