/owg/ - Overwatch General

Evil D.va edition

>The Summer Games 2017 event is Live!
>last year's summer games items are back for regular pricing (1x), while new items are also available for event pricing (3x)
>the event ends on August 28th
youtube.com/watch?v=2OWbGgGjdBk

>Event item tracker
js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/SUMMER_GAMES

>DEATHMATCH has been added to the PTR
>includes both 6v6 TDM and 8-man FFA
>along with a new map built for FFA (it's bloo's family home)
youtube.com/watch?v=4_CBzklel1c

>Most recent developer update video
youtube.com/watch?v=YPs__eUvtvU

>Newest comic
reader.madefire.com/work/w-a2da1239584645338362109be0e7f1fd/read/

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20861969
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

Previous:

mei is the bestest and the CUTEST i want to hug and cuddle mei

Angela is for _____!

You know I actually wish that they would release an evil/good skin for every hero. It would have been a cool idea for an event, like a "what if" or something. They could have done that for the anniversary, rather than what we got, which was just some random assortment of crap ass skins.

We could have Strike Commander Reyes, Reaper/Blackwatch Morrison, Talon Tracer, Overwatch agent Amelie, chimpout Winston if he hadn't met that nerd, etc.

slutting out

Hypnotizing!

footjobs

post comp lucioball rank

Here comes T.Racer!

BE HONEST

Do you just play what you want and ignore everyone?

I do, because why the fuck not? I go into ranked and just play what I want and laugh at people who beg me to switch, fuck you, I paid for the game and I can do what I want and play what I want and there isn't a fucking thing you can do about it but scream into your mic.

Make mercy a fun hero to play with and against to, instead of a passive healbot
inb4 you can't

copy paste from last help
need advice for gold shitter

I play Zarya and Winston pretty well, when should I choose one over the other?
I usually go for zarya if there is a bastion on the other team or if my team isn't very aggressive attacking through a choke.
Any general advice for picking one over the other?

Zarya is probably your best bet almost every time in gold. If you are actually supported by the healer and the enemies has zen/ana, go harassing them with Winston. Bonus points if you are followed by a dva

>Change glide ability to 6 second cd
>Health of heroes that get rez is now split between them. If it's a solo rez, hero will rez with 100% hp. If it's a 2 person rez, 50% hp each, etc, etc
>Hp highered to 250
>Her gun bullet speed is doubled
>Healing stream now heals 25% more than previous
>Damage boost boosts damage by 40% now

Give her an energy meter that builds the more her heal beam is used.
Similar to Zarya, the energy decays overtime, but provides 1% more damage per 1% heat up to a maximum of 100% more damage.
Her damage beam now dumps your current energy into an ally.

>Join ranked
>Leave all voice chats
>Turn on music
>Play what I want
>Currently at 3521 ranking

The game is so much better when you don't have to listen to people screaming at you.

making out after a long day at job

How do I get out of diamond solo, I always get close to making master then I get either throwers or the enemy team just takes a fat shit all over mine.

>Finally hit diamond
>Suddenly every game is full of ragers
>"Everyone do this and play this or I throw"
>Held hostage every single game
>Decide fuck it and just play what I want
>Leave all chat channels
>Suddenly winning every single game

I hate how the faces of Pharah and Mercy looks in SFM.
Both of them looks 15 times better in the game, why are the sfm versions so shit?

>SFM
that should answer most questions

>Mercy ult now charges twice as slow
>Mercy's ult only brings people back with 75% of their HP.
>Guardian Angel CD now 7s
>Guardian Angel no longer glides to dead people
>Caduceus Blaster projectile speed increased 15%
>Caduceus Blaster ammo count reduced from 20 to 18
>Caduceus Blaster has a 3 round burst M2
>Caduceus Blaster damage dealt now fills a second Caduceus Gauge that goes from 0-100% and is displayed at the side of Mercy's screen like D.Va's DM meter
>Mercy has a new E ability that when used slams her Caduceus Staff on the ground and provides instant healing to everyone around her in a 15m radius proportional to the amount in her Caduceus Gauge. 8s CD.
>Regular healing staff now heals/damage boosts slowly at first, ticking up to its current value after 2 seconds.

Suppose to make her balanced not gut her wtf

She's perfectly balanced that way. The idea of a character being able yo resurrect people is stupid in the first place.

What hero do you love but can't play for shit?

>let's nerf the most popular support into the ground because raisins

no mercy main, but no nerfs happen in a vacuum, be careful what you wish for

Tracer

Tell me what value is added to this game by having Mercy in it other than enabling women.

>play ptr
>roadhog is even more of an ult charge and is still shit

lol

McCree

but she's shit
but he's shit

Your mom is shit

I want mei to sit on me and blow a fart on my face

>lets not fix this broken hero because raisins

no mercy main, but this she's broken as fuck

>this ult charge meme again

you realize that shooting barriers, zarya bubbles, and orisa's fortify doesn't actually give you anymore ult charge than you get passively?

>forcing people to switch off
best feeling

Sorry user, I don't give my love to flavour of the season characters. I liked McCree since the beta, too bad my aim is bad with him.

>enabling women.
That's huge for Blizzard because like 20% of players are women (and all of them Mercy mains)

Women like playing dress up simulators and many of them have cuck orbiters that are happy to buy lootboxes for them every event

I just want to be molested by the evil version of the female cast in an alternate universe. Is this too much to ask?

Mercy enables everyone with her healing and rez, she keeps DPS sustained and puts tanks on the front line

>teammate "forces" me to switch to Hanzo

Evil Tracer needs to happen NOW

Nobody says Mercy has to be removed from the game, she just has to be nerfed.

I only play Widowmaker and Sombra. Funnest games ever. Everyone can suck my nuts. I give massive respect to OTPs.

Doomfist
McCree
Pharah
Reaper
Soldier
Sombra
Bastion
Junkrat
Mei
Torbjorn
Widowmaker
Dva
Reinhardt
Roadhog
Winston
Zarya
Ana
Lucio
Symmetra
Zenyatta

The rest I hate and I can't play.

Tracer

>Music
Do you still have ovw sounds on or

>triggered /pol/tards are so butthurt about women they start demanding nerfs to a character girls like

Spotted the Mercy main who wants to keep his broken character for easy SR.

Same thing. Roadhog was nerfed but do you see him anymore? Or Bastion?

I've seen more bastions in GM than roadhog

>getting this booty bounced over balancing a character

Bastion is ever so present though, I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you by any chance gold or lower?

>lets keep a hero broken to please the females
dumb whiteknight or mercy main

Yeah I keep the sounds higher than the music so I can still hear shit in game.

What kind of shitpost is this? I don't understand

What is it with season 5 and there being more throwers than any other season?

People stopped giving a shit about this game.

It's summer

It's a video game

dva was nerfed and shes still a really popular hero

Why is Tracer separated from the rest? What heroes can you actually play m8?

It's not that there are more throwers, you're just more likley to notice people throwing or assume that they're throwing even if they aren't.

At least that's what I've noticed at low to mid level OW, might be different for the higher skill ranges. I can't say.

I will always be grateful they did the bikini thing with taste and didn't just slap a few strings on her privates.

>non meta picks
>not 2-2-2
NOT ON MY WATCH
*unzips junkrat*

>someone picks nonmeta
>teammate immediately throws
why do these people exist

>enemy team Widowmaker is dominating us
>ask for a Winston to counter
>"We already have Widow who is countersniping"
>no way to say "Yeah, and they're not as good as her so it's not working" without tilting someone
>Widow continues to fuck us up the ass until Zarya changes to Winston at the last second but it's too late anyway
>team goes two snipers next round
Make it stop.

Yes!

It was a typing error. I play all those heroes, mostly tanks and supports because I'm that fag who accepted we will have 4 dps instalocked and have to bring what the team needs to actually have a chance to win. I really enjoy almost every hero, but I'm not a good player overall.

>Volskya A attack/Eichenvald A attack
>Go bastion to obliterate Orisa + Rein shield spam defense
>Works 100% of the time
>People immediately get mad and pick hanzo and shit

>Caring about meta picks and listening to people telling you what to pick for a game you bought

everyone who's been playing since release has basically given up. Dive meta, lack of good content (since they ran out of pre-made material), the broken SR system, and the shitty balance changes ran the game into the ground.

>pick characters
>nobody says anything
>5 of us stands up to the defense
>last guy as a hanzo arrives 10 second before the door opens
>someone asks him why hanzo
>"I'm throwing because one of you picked my onetrick"
>"how should have we known"
>"my name has the characters name in it"

Am I the only one here that stops playing once my reaction time starts going to shit?
I use an app to check what my reaction speed is on average, which is around 180-190. I'm now getting 210-220 on average because I'm tired and have been playing for like 4 hours straight.

Welp time for bed I guess.

all numbers are in ms by the way, forgot to mention

Usually when someone asks "Am I the only one that" the answer is no, but you're doing something so bizarre in this case that I'm not sure.

Moved from a g502 to a g403, and changed my sens from 1600/2.17 to 1600/2.0.

Climbed 600 SR from 3300 -> 3900 in a week, hit 3984SR, before I lost my last 2 games and decided to call it quits for the night.

>just fuck my company up

I prefer gpro because baby hands.

Widow and I always feel guilty picking her, even in QP, so I can never get better at her.

Why did you switch? I'm currently hovering at 3700 SR and I'm using the g502. Is there something I should know about this mouse?

Is it just me, or do people in Lucioball get worse and worse the higher you go in rank?

Meanwhile I use a ""gaming"" mouse with 2 buttons on the side that I bought for like 5 bux and I'm sitting comfortably at around 3600SR.

Yeah I thought it was kinda weird.

>feeling guilty for picking what you want in fucking QP
you are too soft

The enemy teams get consistently better, as do your own, but that means shots are more difficult to save or make in general.

Stop being a cunt for once in your life and consider that people playing better in general makes the game harder. Just because you made some easy wins in Gold by just knowing to aim up a bit doesn't mean everyone in Masters who isn't winning instantly is bad.

DUUMFIST HERE
youtube.com/watch?v=ROPRTf6W47s

I am.

>Remove widowmaker and hanzo from the game
Did i fix it?

I have a g502 and it seems fine to me.

I'm at 800 dpi though. Maybe I should switch.

To be completely honest, I hit GM in Season 3, and my SR high in S4 was 3904.

I switched because g502 was shoddy - the scrollbutton no longer gave any sort of tactile feedback, the wheel no longer spun freely, and the scrollbutton would go off when you hit M1.

The final straw was when the mouse was completely still and it started moving on its own.

What more impressed me was the dramatic change in wins. I got the mouse and tuesday, and I've only lost 3 games out of 19 games. I probably got massively lucky too to not hit any trolls.

Hitting GM is tough because I'm a DPS main, and at this SR you start being placed with other GM and top 500s and streamers who stubbornly go DPS.

I havn't played since February of this year due to study abroad.

At that time, everyone was complaining about roadhog's death sentence hook, and sombra got a slight buff to her hack.

What has changed since then? And why shouldn't i just switch to player unknown battlegrounds?

>roadhog looks like he's been overly nerfed, you need hook + two 100% accuracy shots and a melee to kill a mei
>Orisa's ult is worthless and takes ages to charge
>retards still play symmetra
>Doomfist is like a retarded version of Vi from league of retards with no sustainability even though he's a melee hero
>mcree's damage is still too high
>new maps arent fun
>no new game modes (unless you're 13 and you count lucio right clicking a soccer ball a game mode)

Seriously, has the only actually good change in the past 6 months been the game creator mode? I mean its fun but its certainly not hours of entertainment fun.

Fuck this game now

Will DM go live while the event is live? Pls. Pls. Pls respond.

nobody knows except jeff

user, I'm talking about people who just refuse to cooperate or coordinate at all.
The game puts them in the goal, and they just fuck off and rush down the field without a word to their own team, or they think they're going to try and do something technical and backpass without aiming or saying anything and just end up scoring on their own goal because the goalie wasn't ready for a full speed pass a few feet above his head from just a handful of meters ahead of him.

Obviously no. You must digest the event first, then maybe you'll get the new contents

Guess im taking another vacation