crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GfikxDd2ngc
youtube.com/watch?v=_ozW7DtroGE
gasbuddy.com/GasPriceMap?z=4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yamaha

Second for wish my gf would try a geared bike.

My GF wants to ride a bike because her work is 1.7 miles from our house. We know its hard on the car to drive that short a distance and not have it warm up ever.
Problem is i dont really think she could figure out how to operate a motorcycle safely. And even if she did, the road she takes is one of the WORST roads in the area for traffic and accidents. She gets anxiety just driving the car down the road.
So i havent gotten her a bike because of these things.

>1.7 miles
Just ride a bycicle

thats what i told her.
a bicycle on that road is probably more dangerous though.

My gf has ridden a twist and go scoot for about 8 years now, and her road sense is actually really good, as is her road positioning and general riding. She doesn't ride much any more because we live together and she works from home.

I really liked when we rode together but on faster country roads her 110cc scooter with tiny wheels really struggled and it made her uncomfortable. I suggested she try a geared 125cc with bigger wheels that deal with the roads much better, but she's too scared of the gears, even though she once tried my brother's Grom and had no trouble with them.

Females truly are a different species

I just wish she'd try because I think she'd really like it. I don't take pillion any more since I got my new bike, but I really wanna go on nice rides to places.

Reminder
PW50 is perfect for new riders

If ever I have kids I'm totally buying them one. Was the first bike I ever rode.

Dont have kids.
Coming from a guy who has a kid
Just dont. EVER
Its not worth it

>145kg wet
>Like street bike heavy
??

>1.7mi
It won't be better to a motorcycle compared to a car I guess
Are there no alternative routes that are better for bicycles?

also, posting best bike

I'm certainly in no rush, but I would like to one day.

wew

A motorcycle would warm up MUCH faster and be much easier to maintain if it rusted exhaust (very unlikely) or if it condensated in the oil (also very unlikely)
just sayin

I'm still a virgin, I doubt that will be a problem

Literally the reason soda runners exist

Get a vasectomy now.
Sex it great
Children are evil soul sucking vermin. Absolutely worthless trash that contribute NOTHING to you or society for 18 years. And even then they are still dumb shit fucks that will continue to beg for your attention and money (money they have been taking for 18 years already) because "life is hard"

>boomers

>millennials

The most primal desire is to produce offspring, it's literally the purpose of life
Sorry you feel that way

>if you're not a boomer you must be a millennial
>what is gen x

If your children turned out to be shitty spoiled fucks, who's responsible for that?

I didnt say my children
Also their are a myriad of factors in human life that your kids can CHOOSE to believe or follow or be influenced by.
Its not only parenting that determines how a kid turns out.
Some kids are well taught and turn out to be psycho killers
Some kids grow up in meth labs and turn out to be absolute saints.

Its all about the choices they make growing up. Not the things you force upon them.

get that bitch a scooter

???

>this much fuss over 1.7 miles

my god what's wrong with americans

Must have gotten bored of taking it for a fucking rip today.

Walk?

What is gen z? Best generation by the way.

Agreed, gen Z for lyf

What bike would be good for a ~40 minute ride to work where the majority of the ride will be at 55 mph, been riding around on a rebel 250 for a while now but it's fucking uncomfortable as hell to ride being that I'm 6'3. I don't really want a cruiser either

toot toot

Lel, I have both a Yamaha piano and guitar

Do you think they use Yamaha musical instruments for all their jingles? cause that would be... a thing

I rode a couple of these that come through the shop. Literally the worst motorcycles I've ever had the displeasure of driving, pretty good sound systems though.

The air bags are fun, for the first 3 minutes, then you realize you're gonna have them either full low when hardparking and full height anywhere else to avoid scratches

KLR 650

I doubt it, the musical instruments division and motors are pretty separate and motors probably contracts out jingles to random musical production companies who use whatever they want.

If it means they know how to tune a nice exhaust note, power to them.

That's a terrible bike, there are so many better choices

>he hasn't seen apex awkward
youtube.com/watch?v=GfikxDd2ngc

auto NC
prolly one of the best commuters around
absolutely soulless, but 80 mpgees

Iamgrowingstronger.jpg

LA POTENZA!

LA POTENZAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Why can't Rossi wear a helmet like a normal human?

because he's not a normal human, he's a little Italian goblin

>little
He's 6 feet tall, I think he's the tallest person on the grid besides Scott Redding.

>Penigale
>Experto
>Nitrous
>Injected
>Speciale

I like that model

Which CL is this? I swear I've seen that abomination before.

he's 5'10, king of the manlets

wat did I just watch kek

He's 5'11.5".

Literally just shy of 6ft.

>.5"
Halves are counted only by insecure manlets.

Ducati
Is
Crazy
Knowledgeable
But
Unnecessarily
Twinkle
Toed

according to the motogp website he is 182cm, 182cm=5.97ft

but he is right doe

The .97 is of a total ft, that's not 9.7 inches.

1ft is 12 inches, 12 x 0.97 = 11.64.

The boi ain't short

>tfw no gs to go on adventures

youtube.com/watch?v=_ozW7DtroGE

>tfw no repsol race scooter

why baby jesus why do you hate me?

I saw the new harleys with coffee makers and massagers and everything else a car has MSRP at $50,000, but what possesses some blue collar people to spend $30k on shit like this?

>but what possesses some blue collar people to spend $30k on shit like this?

Brain damage I suspect.

> Harley
> Blue collar
Either it's your lifestyle, or you're a white-collar hobbyist.

I'll sell you mine for €5k

>We know its hard on the car to drive that short a distance and not have it warm up ever.

Well, you don't really "know" that, you've just heard it. It's not going to esplode. Watch oil on dipstick to look for condensation. You may have difficulty believing this but auto designers take all common use cases into account. Better to change oil a bit more often at worst then become a meat crayon, and the price of a scooter pays for many oil changes.

You could also warm up the fucking car now and then, for example by taking a ten mile route back from work instead of going straight to the house.

>Spend as much on a motorcycle as on their trailer "home"
>loud an obnoxious, universally regarded as fags on the road
>bikes that only look good to boomers and other harley enthusiasts
>lifestyle
Got it.

it takes a village

>try your hardest to shield your kids from "everyone is speshul" postmodern propaganda
>keep them away from the TV
>homeschool them
>make sure they grow up like the silent generation
>the moment they get one friend, they are watching I Am Jazz: or how someone who isn't old enough to consent to sex can doom themselves to a life of phsyical deformity if it turns out to be a phase because you are you are you're special, or worse, watching /pol/tard youtubers and coming home as ignorant nordicists asking "daddy why did you fuck me over by not marrying a norwegian girl so i could have blue eyes now i'll never be in the ethnostate"
>spank them, yell at them, talk to them
>do anything
>the damage is done

Just ask my parents, who tried to raise me as a very safety conscious person who hated motorcycles. Well, too bad for them, they found out my best friend's dad was a biker a little too late to save me from the "damage".

what did not-Kawasaki teams mean by that?

K A W K

Exactly. Either their life revolves around MUH HARLEY, or they're just a white-collar hobbyist who likes to pretend to be one of those guys.

They have a real series to compete in, unlike Kwak who can't keep up.

You can use my late (not due to biking!) wife's example. She rode a kickstart Harley Shovelhead she bought new and put over 150K miles on it. She did all her own wrenching and wrenched and painted professionally.

I suggest a beginning rider course to teach shifting, brake/clutch use at low speed to control the rear wheel etc. Many good riders aren't good teachers, and many students feel better in a class environment. I taught MSF for the Air Force and saw it unfuck experienced riders because riding is NOT intuitive.

Kwak can't do motoGP so they make the ZX10 as good as they can

Everyone else's liters are just souped up streetbikes

>suggest a beginning rider course to teach shifting, brake/clutch use at low speed to control the rear wheel etc

That's what the CBT in the UK is, she just won't even try.

>Ducati slower than Yamaha.
>Aprilia behind Honda.
Really makes you think.

Also, MV Agusta allowed Camier to go to Honda, eh? Damn, that's a BIG mistake.

Camier has always pulled off impressive results riding for Suzuki and MV. Should be interesting to see what he can do on a factory(ish) Fireblade. Specially now that the design will have matured.

This is why I love the british system, where you have to do mandatory basic training to even ride a bike legally, and then pass three separate tests to get a full license, which is then restricted until you're 24.
> Three tests
Theory test
Module 1: Closed course, basic manoeuvring.
Module 2: Road test.

>she just won't even try.
Drop her. Anyone with that attitude is not worth your time.

>loving a system that cucks you to death for 8 fucking years
What the hell is wrong with you?

>Drop her. Anyone with that attitude is not worth your time.

Don't be ridiculous, she's an amazing girlfriend, she just won't try riding, that's no reason to leave her you dipshit.

who the fuck cares about prototype racing? Winning that just proves you can build a nice bike given the rules and regulations of that specific class, but people buy and own production-bikes.

Seems Kawasaki is the best at building something you can actually ride.

What is useful for the species is not necessarily useful to the individual, and the success of any species benefits no individual.

Old, no offspring, never wanted any as the world is overfull, and life is good. There are other choices besides blind unquestioning submission to biology.

Do what thou wilt, but when you make new life you make new death and all the suffering that life experiences is YOUR fault.

>he thinks WSBK is stock

riders pick their own forks, shocks, and tune the engine

so it's just a contest to see who can bear to release the bike with the steepest rake and most race-tuned frame and swingarm

The wrong road can be a death trap, and petrol is almost free in the US.

gasbuddy.com/GasPriceMap?z=4

But thats borderline identical for some states. In CA, you can take the MSF class (mandatory under 18), written test, under 18 skills test at the DMV, vision test, licensed with restriction until 21.

If you're over 21, the MSF waives your skills test at the DMV, but not the written test or vision tests. Also, some insurance companies require it for young people and give discounts if you voluntarily take the course.

>suspension makes you win or lose

thats really just fine-tuning and Im pretty sure they all basically got the same Öhlins

KLR. Fits your height, reliable, light and gives no fucks about shitty pavement.

You sound miserably depressed.
Sorry man, my kids will bear my legacy and I'll have a lasting mark on this world, while your lineage will vanish with your passing. I couldn't cope with that

i watched videos of birtish road tests and they are weak as hell

japan has the best motorcycle licensing system, except for the cost

Keeps my insurance premiums down by stopping shithead teens from buying superbikes and plowing into historic bridges.

>birtish road tests and they are weak as hell
The instructor knows what to look for, you do not.

It is literally a test to see if you're not a fucking moron, and can actually ride the bike.

POST YOUR BIKE

Did you ride it today?

That shit is pure poser. Real bikers prefer performance (hence large displacement increases, easy by swapping flywheels and cylinders) and stripped-down machines.

Those baggers are purely wiggertastic.

It shows that you can ride in a parking lot without falling over and putt around at or below the speed limit.

Someone who can only do that should be on a 400cc with ABS and no clipons (by order of law) for life until they can prove themselves capable of more. CBT won't teach you how to do an emergency stop from half-lean at 50mph. "T-that's for racers!"

you know how blue collar fags have bad credit? This is why.

I'm going this afternoon after its warmed up and I'm no longer chained to my work computer. I'm going to a pond and I'm going to make tea like a hipster.

Fuck that. Everything over there is insanely expensive because mollycoddling government. If someone lacks initiative they belong on the sidewalk.