youtu.be/VBvyXXa32KQ

>mightyBenz's old trailer wheel
boards.Veeky Forums.org/o/thread/18517883/tg#bottom

>Shingu's Corolla
youtube.com/watch?v=zGoO9kGaDj8

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vjxMvqB6YQI
nh.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=camry&hasPic=1&bundleDuplicates=1&max_price=2000&max_auto_year=2006
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related.

>mightyBenz's old trailer wheel
*youtu.be/vjxMvqB6YQI

I recently acquired a Celica but it needs a new bumper. It's a pre-facelift celica, but I much rather have the facelifted celica's bumper in pic related.

Does anyone know where online I can find one for cheap? On ebay, unpainted primered prefacelift bumpers are 100 dollars with shipping included while the facelifted ones are over 300 dollars shipping included
I'm planning on looking through junkyards/scrapyards in the meantime but I'd appreciate all the help I can get

Is there a northeast us Toyota group on
>facebook
the aw11 group is too spread out to ever have a meetup.

Feels so warm inside to see my Solara on the big montage.

I'd like to both increase my fuel mileage and my speed, what can I do to reduce weight of my vehicle besides taking out the seats like a black man?

Craigslist or equivalent would be good. Try facebook market too

Make one

Gut the trunk

I want to super my 99 4runner. anyone here seen these done? I know it has been netting people about 85whp.

>hey guys check out this weird subi' i bought
>no subi general so i thought you guys would appreciate it atleast

a fellow user photoshopped my sportcross at request

is that some kind of joke

What is a reasonable price to pickup a beater SC400 that still runs and drives that can be fixed into a buttery smooth DD?

i'd say 5k at most if you want to do work yourself, post examples of what you're looking at my guy

What the fuck?

no man, i heard about them 4runners with a whole 85whp. serious power right there

never seen an is300 sportcross my guy?

Just got back from hooning up to wawa at 2 am while I was playing /outrun/ themed songs.

How is everyone elses night going?

>tfw no good night time pictures

its going pretty well my guy
>tfw no new nighttime images since the last thread.
have The Stick instead

So the Nissan caught my attention. Looks like an xterra maybe? Which makes me wonder why it has it's hood open at what looks like a car meet. Did it have anything interesting under the hood or was it a run of the mill suv?

he's the only nismo xterra in America B)

this was the Ariz/o/na meet btw

the xterra owner here.

nothing crazy under the hood, only 2 mods, a K&N 63-6014 Intake and a Poweraid TB spacer.

Other than that the entire exhaust is custom and I have a Flowmaster Super40.

I took that picture at the recent Veeky Forums meet in AZ, we had our hoods open because we were showing our various shitboxes.

>tfw I wasn't around for the last fl/o/rida meet and theres none in sight

How was the Ariz/o/na meet? Did you have a good time?

Ah with an Veeky Forums meet it makes sense. With the brz and lexus I was thinking it just seemed out of place.

B-b-b-but the side decal is the wrong way... The "speed lines" coming from the pleiades subaru logo should flow towards the back

Amber lights, dark nights

>tfw all the mk3 turbos in my area are either complete trainwrecks or modded out with $8000 price tags
All I wanted was a neat project car for not too much

Comfy user. I enjoy long night cruises in my corolla to clear my head when it's too cold to ride.

>turns lights off at night
WHY

This part of the highway is very curvy, and I do it because it scares me to go into multiple turns blind. It's not quite the touge, but it still gives me an extra thrill that otherwise isn't there. Thrill is the whole point to driving for enjoyment, right?

That's not the sort of thrill I seek when driving, but ok, whatever floats your goat

>Thrill is the whole point to driving for enjoyment, right?

If getting yourself killed is enjoyment have at it.

That's comfy. I love our amber interior lights.

>he doesn't turn his lights off and drift around corners on mountain passes at 3 am while blasting vaporwave with the roof down

Honestly if you hate having fun thats your're own problem

>tfw I saw a good condition sc300 at a lexus dealer 5k under the private sellers in my area
>didn't jump on it
>got sold off within a week

>not the 430
You didn't lose anything

Was it auto or manual?
Auto are a dime a dozen
Manual on the other hand

What's wawa?

I replaced my rear speakers yesterday. Gonna order a hood bra later today.

>What's wawa?

I cant tell if this the stupidest thing I've seen done at a pump...or the smartest. She literately can just pull off afterwards with no fucks given

alright so i just picked up a 5th gen toyota celica
and i found this in the driver door, is it a garage door opener? or is it for the security system like the previous owner had mentioned, but never told me about this thing?

Press the buttons inb4 dead

dude the thing could be hooked up to a spark plug in the gas tank or some shit im not trying to die out here

Do it for the laughs

This

>he hasn't experienced wawa
>he hasn't lived life

Let's say a 7-11 is a 2 star gas station. Wawa is like a 5 star gas station. It has touch screens to custom order different food, and theres people dedicated to making the food. There's hoagies and paninis and breakfast sandwhiches and bowls and soups, they have literally everything. There's tons of snacks and drinks, more coffee than I realized existed, they have smoothies and shakes, fresh donuts and pastry's, they have a walk in beer/drink cooler, the bathrooms are nice, and they have tables outside to sit down and eat.

Also tons of well lit pumps and the ones near me have ethanol free.

It's basically the best gas station in existence. They started in the NW area around PA, then expanded to the surrounding area, then they jumped a bunch of states and just started popping up literally everywhere in Florida. Cumberland farms, racetrack, and sheetz, can't even begin to compete with wawa.

If you're ever around one stop in. It's gr8.

2013 tacoma regular cab 4x4

Use this pic

Thanks for contributing user.

Is the Corolla S worth it over the LE, or is it just rice tax?

Just rice tax. But every dealership has literally over 100 corollas in stock because theyre one of toyotas best selling cars. Go check each one out and decide for yourself.

>Paying extra money for an S badge and a "Sport+ Mode"

I mean I love toyota but honestly trying to make a corolla sporty is stupid. They get you from a to b, don't pretend its something its not.

>Sport+ Mode
nah this is an 07, I don't even get that

>corolla sporty is stupid
XRS was cool

If she was in a parking spot and just backed up in front of the pump then that'd be god tier.

yeah man look like a corolla is meant for driving from point a to point b, having an S model isn't going to improve on anything or make it any more fun, I would go with the cheaper option unless theres some nice interior features or something with the S

Just got a 94 Corolla for cheap from a family member. Apparently it has a 4afe engine which I've read is reliable, but it's got 260k miles.
What should I stay on top of to keep her running for as many more miles as possible? It's got no issues so far.

>All I do is drive around aimlessly and go up to wawa for food on my days off because I'm working Mids

At least there's no traffic or cops, but god damn I wish I had something to do

>made this webm with audio at first but Veeky Forums made me disable it so now no one can hear the obnoxious /outrun/ and /vaporwave/

Thats incredibly sexy... reminds me of a coworkers single cab Ranger, with the same base-tier color scheme

I need this in my life... WAWA come to norway pls

Got a question for you Toyota guys. What is the closest I can get to an 8th or 9th gen Honda Accord? Looking to buy a new car, and it seems that every time I go to find an Accord, either it's too much or other isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

a camry

Look for the Camrys of the of the same year.

Finally got a block-heater installed on the MR2. No more heartwrenching -17'C (1'F) cold starts

accord = camry
civic = corolla

>toyota hell bil

is that what the dealer gives you when you go in for a service?

How is driving an MR2 in the winter? Dangerous?

Can you even downsize to steelies for snow tires without fucking up the suspension geometry?

How the hell can you look at a car and not even know its segment?

Hell is a place in Norway. It snows there occasionally as well. The car was likely sold there used at some point in time.

Easy as pie, mane. Seriously. Powerslides are easily controlled and most of the weight over the driven rear wheels means traction is really good.
I've got stock-sized cheap alloys (cheaper and prettier than steelies) and studded Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 tyres on. Don't see how suspension geometry would be fucked up regardless?

Oh, and non-studded snow tires would be just as easy to drive on, as long as we're not talking pure ice on the roads.

C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y

>a Norwegian Veeky Forums bro

Goddamn the internet is something else

I fucked up and got wrong size of tyres, 165/65 r14, instead of 175/65 r14 for my '00 Toyota Corolla. Is it still possible to mount them without issue?

You'll be fine, worst that will happen is you'll have a very slightly reduced turning circle.

I accidentally deleted the one with the corolla that had the side either shooped, or damaged that made it look like it was smugly smirking, anyone got it?

>not familiar with MightyBenz
How new are you?

wut
No he won't. turning circle is determined by the wheelbase and the angle of the front wheels at full lock.

Guys, how utility wise is the 1g Matrix? Im looking to replace my accord and while I enjoyed the fold down rear seats, the struts made it so I couldnt fit much in the hole. Has anyone tried carrying drywall or other crap in the back? Does the 1.8 carry enough torque?
It's either this or a CM5 accord

What do you guys think?

2013 FJ, 4.0 v6 auto 4x4

I love it, need some snow tires

How does it feel driving one of these?

Nice FJ bro.

>2011 4.0 A/T, 4x4 w/ adventure pack

Fuck snow tires, get hard-as-rock memeterrains. You can drive over anything with them.

These things are so fucking ugly

>f-fuck you

>These things are so fucking ugly

You butthurt ?

Gotten tired of looking for stuff, might just get a camry, any of these stick out as the one to get?
nh.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=camry&hasPic=1&bundleDuplicates=1&max_price=2000&max_auto_year=2006

Maybe he drives a Jeep. Or he just has shit taste.

Damn, that's a sexy bumper

Can't wait to put together some mods on mine..

Don't forget to upgrade front shocks if you put a steel bumper on there. Those things are heavy as fuck and will add a lot of bobbing/lean to the front end without new shocks.

how are these things to dd? got an 88 aw11, need a more normal car that if need, can throw a baby seat in the back, a dog in the back, surfboards, snowboards etc

Fuck, I'm sure I'll have to upgrade a ton of stuff on it before i reach that stage

Damn, everything is expensive though, the damn FJs have a 19 gallon tank!!!

I don't know, maybe someone else has something more to add than me but I fucking love it and the way it sits is awesome. The only complaint, is the visibiliity and good luck never crashing this thiing. I have added some additonal side mirrors to the thing so I don't hit someone in a blind spot, and they work great but damn the visilibty sucks on these FJs

Disappointed with Toyota on that part
I have the 2013 4.0 v6 one and when you open her up on the highway these are fast for like 4500lbs etc..

They're not good if you have a little kid, the back seat is kind of a PITA to access if you need to belt little kids in and stuff. Probably better than an AW11 for hauling kids, though.

Rear space is good, but with the seats folded down it's pretty cavernous. I load it with 1-2 weeks worth of gear when I go up north and I've never had issues with storage space.

Ride is actually decent if you keep the stock all-season tires on it, suspension is quite plush and soaks up bumps. Heavy though, handles like a truck since it's BOF.

My major gripes:

>no heated mirrors - this does suck in the winter
>small-ish gas tank and so-so fuel economy mean you have to fill up more frequently (Ausfags got an auxiliary fuel tank option that effectively doubled the range to about 1,200km a tank)
>blindspots - but really no worse than a panel van or truck with a cap on it

My favourite thing is the fact that it's so durable inside and out. Fenders/mudguards are all rubberized, heavy rocker guard coating in all wheels wells, comes with a lot of stock skidplates that can be easily upgraded, decent power in the +2010 models, can be had with a M/T or A/T, dedicated transfer case for 4WD, you can turn off traction control, rear diff has an e-locker, and it's insanely reliable.

If you are going to buy one, do it soon. They're developing the same 4Runner/Taco tax and prices have started to plateau/rise.

That's why you get a 4runner if you have kids.

The FJ is for fun

ty

>I have the 2013 4.0 v6 one and when you open her up on the highway these are fast for like 4500lbs etc..

The 2010 and onward models got the revised 1GR-FE with dual valve timing, new intake, higher comp ratio, and some other ECU fiddling to push horsepower up to 260hp, about the same in torque. They rev quite quickly and smoothly for a 4.0L engine, but when the power kicks in at about 3,800 they really haul ass.

Visibility is shit compared to something like a crossover (I used to have a RAV4), but I love the fact that I can drive through just about anything with the FJ and not have to worry about getting stuck. I look forward to snowstorms now :^)

The more you drive your FJ the more you're going to love it. Aftermarket shit is expensive, but that's true for most vehicles. I use mine as a DD so I can't justify lifting it 5" and putting 315 mud terrains on it, but I am going to upgrade the front with some leveling/adjustable shocks, and put in a trailer hitch.

Do you own yours?

How much did you get it for?

Any problems so far and what millage so far?

I own mine, I don't know if anyone has ever leased an FJ 2bh.

I paid $29,400 Canadian dollarydoos for it just over one year ago. It had 91,000km on it at that time. I bought mine Certified from a Toyota dealership, and the previous owner had done meticulous maintenance through the dealer too.

I have 129,000km on it now and the only repair I've done so far (about a month ago) was replaced a part of the steering input shaft assembly. The salt in Ontario rotted out the u-joints in the sub-shaft, so I had to replace that for about $500.

My dad has a 2008 Offroad pack FJ with 332,000km and he had the same issue with the steering. Other than that, he's replaced front bearings and a battery (original Panasonic battery lasted to 300,000km before it started losing capacity and he just decided to replace it proactively).

I was checking the same dealership around Christmas time since one of my work friends is looking for an FJ. Same dealer was selling a 2010 base package FJ with 95,000km for $29,000.

They hold their value ridiculously well, so even if you drove it for a year and absolutely hated it you probably wouldn't lose anything on the resale.

What about the windsheild, any problems?

Lol the windshield.

I have about 6 small chips in it after one year, not sure how the previous owner avoided chips. Unless he had the windshield replaced, but it's OEM glass in there and usually people don't opt to pay for that.

I do drive on the freeways with it a lot though, and with all the construction going on there are a shitload of dump trucks/gravel haulers so it's really a bad situation. I take backroads more often now, but none of the small chips have turned into cracks or affect safety/visibility. I'm going to wait until I get maybe 15 and it is actually noticeable before I replace it.

Fuck that looks comfy,

How do you find these spots in the middle of nowhere?

It was mega comfy. I spent an entire week there by myself last fall. Literally just did whatever I wanted every day, didn't talk to a single person at all, it was great. I work a stressful job so I have to do that sort of thing at least once or twice a year or I'll suffer a fuckin aneurysm.

And that spot is actually in a provincial park, but in October the parks are virtually empty. Only visitor was a black bear.