/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>AP1 s2000 edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Factory Service Manuals for a lot of Hondas
shweet.org/Manuals/manuals.shtml

Bump the thread if you see it at page 10.

Vids:
>user's Accord
youtu.be/eICmrKpRgwU

>Squeaky Car
youtube.com/watch?v=mKar3FvFQOU&feature=youtu.be

>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=8GW6sLrK40k
youtube.com/watch?v=Z25yNZYxqFo
youtube.com/watch?v=OazwGOT3uQE
youtube.com/watch?v=0j3sjT1Nvok

>Ricer Accord
youtu.be/2VPA94Q3SR0

>Mugen vs. Spoon
youtu.be/I6aUbNrRjKI?t=340

>Timing belt replacement
youtube.com/watch?v=VAuqOAp72m0

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-Drifz-308B-Spec-R-16x8-4x100-4x114-3-25mm-Black-Wheels-Rims/372135182522?epid=629948169&hash=item56a4fc40ba:g:PBUAAOSwTQtaDk-D&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wtf is up with my internet

I should be driving the Civic again tomorrow. Giving my buddy some cash to get it going again since I don't have the time. His bank account got cleaned up so I'm happy to pay him.

This boat just isn't for me.

Gotta be honest lads, recently got this and it's the dullest car i've ever owned.

The electric rear window is quite funny though.

>That Christmas tree in the tach
That interior looks so rich, even though cars were going through an ugly phase at the time.

found a Civic I wanted on CL but it's an hour long drive away

wat do

Do it for her.

Yeah I love the interior in this. Exterior is pretty awful for the whole brand for these years aside from the IS300. Acura definitely had the better looking cars at the time.

Isn't an hour nothing in Texas?

An hour drive is nothing
Just be safe and bring a buddy with you

guys i fucked up so bad

What's up, nihga?

Fuck my buddy works fast. Didn't need a tensioner just the pump. He said it sounds good now. I'm gonna go pick it up tonight.

>sohc
Glad the hatch isn't gonna grenade.

>snowfall while going home
>doing 60kmh like normal
>stop light ahead like 75m
>one car at line
>gently apply brakes
>feel the tell tale dugudugu followed by smooth gliding sensation
>rear end steps out to the left
>50m
>counter steer/gas just to catch and keep pumping brakes
>still too fast
>30m
>gently point car to trajectory going to sidewalk
>keep pumping brakes
>not slowing down fast enough
>just go fuck it and turn into a human servo on those brakes
>15m
>gentle thoob as outward pointed tire catches curb
>continue as if nothing happened like the madman i am

I put the winter tires away last week.

before you say anything about the tires the winters have like 30% tread left so i cant say they're any better
i only have them because insurance; they're getting replaced when i have cash

Nice save user.

cant exactly take credit for unfucking my fuck
no damages to tire and no discernible damage to car, although it no longer pulls to the left.

What the fuck is this
ek/eg

>accidental alignment
You're saving 90 bucks, I banged my CM's tire on a curb at Walmart and it pulls to the left a lot, I lane change left be letting go of the wheel and it does it for me.

>I banged my CM's tire on a curb at Walmart
foot fetish for cars

L-Lude

>Somebody swapped the best front end with glass headlights out

This is sacrilege.

Just gonna leave this here:

I just got a 92 Prelude Si. I need to locate some things, specifically, a driver's side skirt, a front bumper cover, and maaaaaybe a back bumper cover. Does anyone have any idea where to look for this shit because it's proving real difficult to find 4th gen prelude body parts

Could somebody suggest me some wheels for my EK?

Enkei Compe

ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-Drifz-308B-Spec-R-16x8-4x100-4x114-3-25mm-Black-Wheels-Rims/372135182522?epid=629948169&hash=item56a4fc40ba:g:PBUAAOSwTQtaDk-D&vxp=mtr

Don't seem to be available in my country (NZ) unfortunately. They look great though.
Despite what the covers (which came with the car) suggest, car has 4x100s. Will probably convert to 5x114.3 eventually.

The wheels are 4x100 or 4x114.3, they just reused the same image from the 5 lug version. I'd probably get 15" instead of 16 though.

Why are you converting it to 5 lug btw?

seriously ive almost crashed three times today
1:
>coming to a stop from a very large distance
>gently press brakes
>dugudugu
>herewegoagain.bmp
>gently lead towards curb but manage to have full traction about 50m before the lights
2:
>traffic slowly crawling up a hill
>notice people in the rightmost lane where i am are switching left
>decide to stick around and see why
>car in front changes leaving me and whatever is ahead
>charger is spinning his wheels
>charger is losing traction
>charger is slowly slipping down hill
>mfw
>charger regains traction

I changed out to fresh winters from a friend and still there is absolutely no traction, ive managed to get stuck on a fucking flat plane. This is worse than any snow ive ever seen; this has to be something else. Be grateful cali's climate doesnt have you deal with the devils semen.

>tfw chargerbro could say you hit him in the ass and win without dashcam

Got my car back. Also on Friday I got a new doggo. Doesn't have a name yet but his shelter name is Rex.

He looks like a beast, but cute.

Don't intend on ever selling this car, which means it's inevitable that a B or K swap will happen once the D15Z7 in it dies. Will upgrade a lot of other things at that time, including the wheels and brakes.

He's super clingy which isn't a bad thing at all but it was kind of hard to drive the car home with his glued to my lap. He's gonna be huge so hopefully he becomes a little more independent before then. kek

I'm not sure about EKs, but Integra GS-R spindles and brakes bolt right up to EGs. Great way to get a cheap upgrade. I'm pretty sure EKs have different fitment, though.

Cute :) pitbull mix?

That doesn't really answer my question friendo. Are there any benefits to 5 lug over 4 lug?

Might be. Probably some labrador too. Was trying to get the big black doggo that was in the same litter but he got adopted. He reminded me too much of my last dog Jack (RIP ;_;7) so it was probably not the best idea to adopt him.

I want to buy a Civic as my first car, 2010 or later.
I was just wondering if there are any certain years and or trims I should avoid.
Sorry if this question seems dumb but I would appreciate the advice.

You wanna race or just have a reliable comfy FA1 EX? those 8th generation Si cars are the last generation that can rev and aren't some turboshit.

>car and doggo
things are looking great glad to hear :)

More varied wheel selection, bigger brakes, and (to a lesser degree) less stress on each lug under acceleration. Main reason for me is, I'd want EK9 wheels eventually and they're 5x114.3.
Pretty sure EKs and EJs have the same fitment. I'll look into it. Thanks.
Cute pup. Judging by the paws he's got some growing to do. They still find a way to fit in the back seats no matter how big they get though.

Hey gang.

Loving the '17 V6. It's an auto, but it's hella comfy.

What other cars have you owned?

Race is a strong term but I do want something with some power.
I really like the si but I'm not sure if I can really afford one that doesn't already have 100k miles on it.
I guess at the end of the day I just want something that's fun to drive and doesn't feel underpowered.

Go get her nihga

That front clip swap looks pretty bad regardless that it's

It's riced

EBay

Damn I want a 9th gen so bad, it's basically the last Accord that isn't shaped like an Audi.

Konig Helix
15x7 +35mm

I miss my dog. mom wants to get another poodle but I'll just see my last dog in it.

I'm looking at some of them. how are they as far as trunk and engine bay space go?

Happy birthday cibicu

If I were in the market for a post 2000's Honda, I'd probably be looking at an RSX Type S. They're usually much cheaper than the 8th gen Civic Si and make similar power.

Yeah he's gonna be a big boy. Don't think he'll be that huge though. kek

>pic related, my best friend who passed last year

>tfw I'm not even at 150k yet.
I'm spooped about going past 150k.
idk why.

I still miss mine. He slept in my bed every night and gave me a hug every time I woke up.

Lovely looking boy. I'm sorry he's gone.

Thanks, m8. I was a wreck for a while. Never shed a tear at family funerals but I was a mess when he died because it was unexpected since he had an expensive spleen removal surgery that morning.

A D series will outlive the sun.

>tfw D17 has the based coil backs so it's basically bulletproof.

>backs
packs*

Good choice. The 18 Accord is hideous.

I think it has the weirdest shaped hood, it's like a fucking square as if its the CB7 but on a car with modern lines.

The front reminds me of a Dolphin honestly

It looks like a bargey think in the front, which is cool, I like big cars with shoulders, but the 9th gen had it perfect where it had a long front end, wasn't jelly bean shaped like a CM, but it's slick.

>think
thing*

Not Rota slip stream

Cute

Here's some truck rice I spotted

I have a 3k civic with a D15B. I want to make it more sporty and fast. What should I do? I'm thinking of swapping the engine with a B16 or something. Also, noy tubrocharger or other mods as I live in a third world shithole and they ar neither available nor anyone can install them.

hello everybody, new to the thread, not new to hondas. here is my 94 CD5 Accord with some white castle frozen burgers on it.

car runs and drives great, its a mini-project in the making.

Will add fãm

well met, im the white marker on the map north of dallas.

Well I picked it up. It needs the rear bumper refitted, a new tail light and some minor dent repair. Otherwise it’s all good, 115k miles, electric seats, factory b16a, needs new wheels, cost me $500 Nzd which is about $350 freedombucks. I’ll order a new taillight for it next week and get the panel work done.

Hey guys
So far found on craigslist a 2000 Civic Ek/Em1 with a JDM D15B engine and y8 tranny that looks not riced out and taken pretty good care of but it fiesn't say the amount of miles on it, which is never a good thing. It's $1900, should I go for it?
Pic related

Looks like she needs some work bro. Plans?

It is no where near as bad as it looks. The rear bumper is held on with that flag rope thing, because the guy had the crash and needed something to hold the bumper on with.
This weekend i'll be fixing the back bumper, repairing the dent caused by the crash and giving it a massive clean up. Basically just want to get it back to decent condition. The interior is pretty much perfect aside from being super dirty.
Then I'll drive it as is, with the auto and everything while I finish my house and collect parts for a few months, then I'll be putting an S80 gearbox in it, and just enjoy it for what it is for a while. I was thinking of turbocharging it later, but it is so nice to drive completely stock down to the honda factory airfilter that I might just leave it stock (aside from the manual conversion).
Definitely going to be getting some stock VTI-R or fat five wheels for it though. I might consider putting a b18c in it, since the conversion from a B16a is so simple.

Thats a McCain Pizza box wedged under the (factory!!) strut brace for the group pic.

This is a better shot of the engine bay

>mccains meatlovers
fuck yea

Fucking stupid phones never get orientation right.
Anyway the only modifications it has are an alarm and reversing sensors in the rear bumper.

>I've seen three salt trucks outside of my window and I haven't driven to school yet

>my face
>my soul

Sounds like a good deal to me as long as it isn't blowing smoke out the muffler

those aren't even the same cars
is this supposed to be a trick?

That car would be worth near 6k USD here after you fixed the body. I'm jelly

it's the 4at d17a2...

they also leak like a motherfucker if someone didn't put them in where they came out.

b series or more modern d series if you want to be on the cheap.

wait a sec. is one of those an accord?

too big for me. though im still considering the coupe.
looking through my funds I have about 6k myself for next car and 10k from Dad cause his incentive comp and yet the only things in good shape in my price range is larger 8-9th gen accord coupes and tiny fits and crzs. you would think civics would be in decent shape in that range but no.
nc is filled with boomers.

anyone who's driven an integra, are they worth it?

Looks like a really rusty 2nd gen Prelude and a clean 3rd gen prelude
Pretty much the only difference between the two are the hood, grill, and headlights

Chrome or black top grill for my new meme car?
I'm leaning black.

always get the early accord coupes and first few preludes confused.

black.

Yes. They're light and agile like the Civics of the same era, but having 4 wheel discs and a DOHC engine no matter the model really makes the car feel more sure of itself compared to a SOHC disc/drum Civic. 7/10 driving in a stock Integra requires wringing the absolute piss out of a CRX or Civic Si. They really are absolute joys to drive on a twisty back road, and one of the truly great Hondas.

I personally hate the new giant chrome bars they have up front for the civic and accord sedans.
I'd say black as well
If only they could make some sort of grill that resembles the 5th gen accord's front

Accords Coupes and preludes are essentially the same cars except one has more advanced technology and driver-centric interiors. Which is probably why they discontinued the Prelude when the accord coupe exists at the same time

>b series or more modern d series if you want to be on the cheap.
Do you have any suggestions?

Real Tree®

I'm thinking of maybe picking up a honda prelude, specifically a third gen, they're relatively cheap for what you're getting from what I can tell.
So I have to ask, what are the downsides, and why does this seem to be the least liked honda?
Nobody ever seems to bring it up or suggest it, which is usually a bad sign.

They're old and don't have much else going for them.

Black

Nothing I want more than a DC5-R, man. I have the added torture of watching one drive past my house almost every day and not being able to afford one.

>oil consumption
>molested by previous owners
>nonexistent aftermarket
>most were scrapped already due to people forgetting to replace their timing belts

Nevertheless they are still great cars to own and they handle like an F1 racer. Almost everyone in this general owned one three years ago. Clean examples starting to rise in value to nearly 10k.

>Timing belt
>10k for an old ass fifth gen in good condish
I wouldn't even worry about those things when these exist.