How to tackle squeaks/rattles?

I got a 13 year old car and there's a bit of rattles i want to tackle, how would i go about this? i just plan to buy some tape where i think there's rattles, is that a good plan? also, what kind of tape is good for this? is velvet/felt tape alright?

stupid
use dynamat

But I'm trying to find rattles and squeaky plastics, I'm not trying to insulate

Plz help

it depends on what is rattling felt and rubber washers are sometimes the answer

you are being entirely to vague to help

So most squeaks can be solved with rat poison or leaving a tomcat locked in the car overnight.

For rattles, you want matte black def.

Felt tape...essentially the fuzzy side of Velcro.

Understand though that plastic parts rubbing one each other are very difficult to track down. You'll need a helper and predictable rough road and a tank of gas.

Get some interior trim tools and be prepared to remove panels inside to get to the squeaks.

Lastly, if it's a cheap car, you'll never sort them all out. The panels will flex and rub and you can't stop it.

Bump

Pic unrelated

Get some spray lubricant from autozone thay should stop most of the squeaks. Rattles are always a mystery

If squeaking is coming from the engine then check all the belts and see if they are good.

wow, is that real?
mind if i save it?

Ear plug or just ignore them. It's a 13 years old car you'll get a new ratlle everytime you find and fix one

>Coal burner

underrated post

kekd hard

>there's a bit of rattles i want to tackle, how would i go about this?

You don't provide details on where. The methods used vary according to the source and type of sound. There are different sources of rattles such as loose parts that need re-tightening, loose friction fasteners, loose plastic panels, wires, metal panels, metal braces vibrating, etc.

Some squeaks occur due to rubbing between plastic panels on the dash at those seam lines. There's dry teflon or ceramic lubricant that can be used to lubricate between the plastic pieces.

>Get some spray lubricant from autozone
It should be a dry lubricant if you're using it for interior finishes.

just interior plastics like door panels and all that shit thats plastic

I hate it when 13 year Olds squeal

Kek

haha gay