youtube.com/watch?v=jPqwDGXxLhU
youtube.com/watch?v=yhGjCzxJV3E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for shitposting

cute!

You can do it, /agdg/!

i can do it!

im gay

> tfw no buddy to do games on unity with, chat, encourage each other and bounce ideas off of each other

>work on game religiously for a month
>take a three month ""break""
>don't want to try to understand code base again, better rewrite
>work on game religiously for a month

>tfw no-one made an anime meme of your game

what game?

just kidding i have no game

I already knew that

no you didn't

Wall jumping in. Ledge grabbing next.

If you're one of the first ten posts in the thread it's 300% more likely that you're a nodev shitposter

This is a fact

Is that run-n-gun game with the cats still being worked on? Or did it die?

>he checked the number of his first post and adjusted the number so that he's not one of the nodev shitposters
clever

>one of the first posts
>greentexting
>doesn't attach pic of his game to the post
yes I did. everyone did

the sudden complete 180 looks a bit weird. are you going to smooth it out using animations later?

I'm gonna need some hot, fresh opinions on this undetailed blockout of a common military mech.
I already have some but I think giving them out would possibly influence the feedback.

Been there, done that.
Took me a while years to break the cycle. But now I just returned from a 2 month break, and thanks to writing good, readable code, and using clear separation of concerns, I was able to jump back in immediately.

The trick is to have a project that you will want to finish even after you've lost the initial "inspiration", and then keep adding things in small, concise steps. Doesn't matter if you wanna take even some long breaks in-between.

it's still being worked on

Finally got something to show again.
Re-implemented player movement in a suave fashion. It's going to work just like monster movement and moving blocks movement, I don't even have to change the move function! Yay inheritance and some forward planning.

But there's really one thing that is actually tangibly improved since the last version. The last version's movement speed bottomed out at 1 pixel per frame - it was tied to the position of the rects, and I'm pretty sure pygame would shit out on my if I tried to position a rect to floats instead of integers. I vaguely remember trying just that. Obviously that's not ideal, as 1px/tic that is still pretty fast.
I was aware of that limitation when I originally started devving, and thought I would change it later. Well, the code rewrite gave me such opportunity.

This one uses different position-setting mechanics, so I can go as slow as 1/8 of the last lowest speed. Less won't be needed, as that is ridiculously slow. This will also be ideal for UDP traffic later.

thicc

Fugg I noticed the last thread was past limit, reposting What do you think anons?

Jesus Christ that's fucking grim

The blond chick is the only one that isn't dead that I recognize

My hero.

It looks like the sprite from the GMS2 tutorial

Wut? never used game maker or looked at tutorial for it. Can you post the sprite?

Bunch are still alive, just not posting here very often. they're on tumblr, where all the devs seemed to go

Some are not dead but on "hiatus", which is close enough.

newfag here, name all the games

Lurk Moar

1) Dead Game
2) Dead Game
3) Dead Game
4) Dead Game
5) Dead Game
6) Dead Game
...ect

It's my own engine

You mean like this?

progress:
> simplify item costs
> add a kill quota each stage
> make ammo 1 time purchase only
> jump costs stamina
> improved gamepad support

that's a really feminine way to run
I like it

gib ideas for armor jam

what is armor jam?

here's an idea: make the jam page or it ain't happening

they didn't update the op since the monster jam, what's the next jam? i'm getting rusty

how come there are a shitton of jams but noone of them has any pricemoney?
whats the point participating in them anyway if you dont get anything in return?

When is harem jam? This month or next month?

are you volunteering to pay for the winner?

People can donate on itchio

>you dont get anything in return?
You get a completed game free of charge!

Fame and publicity, just imagine the success on steam once you mention you won the /agdg/ jam.

here's an idea
make a fuckin game
and make it so that people wanna fuckin play it
not so hard, huh egghead? fuckin retards

Is that some weird mix of waifu and lewd ja,?

A bullet hell game based on agdg where you fight memes, shitposters and copypastas
this can be seriously a lot of fun

>make a fuckin game
>not so hard
nodev

A game can be made in a few hours.
Now a GOOD game is another story.

if it's so easy why can't you do it?

somebody posted that and i tried to make it, i can't art tho

Post informative videos.

youtube.com/watch?v=iQ0e3QUADw8

youtube.com/watch?v=jPqwDGXxLhU

Can you only win if the real agdg devs combine with your ship after the shitposting becomes too strong for you to defeat alone? And then you sacrifice them one by one to defeat them.

>i can't art tho
Just screenshot the thread fag

youtube.com/watch?v=yhGjCzxJV3E

does delko still post here?
what happened to plokdev?
is clarent still being made?

More!

>tfw 26yo now, been learning gamedev as a hobby since i was 16
>tfw never finished anything

>tfw this is your future

Are there any enginedevs here who've been able to get delta timing working? For some reason, my delta timing implementation massively slows down the framerate, whereas I get a constant 60FPS when using frame-dependent movement. My implementation is basically converting movement in pixels to movement per second by multiplying the final movement speed at the end of every frame by the FPS times the time elapsed during the frame.

Try since you were 13 with pokemon rom hacks

I'm assuming the answer is "yes" but do you think people would be interested in game dev streams? Like how so many streamers just play games with a recorder going, someone just sitting there with Unity, VS, photoshop, etc plugging through code, making assets, and making a game while occasionally interacting with chat (if any) and talking through some of their thought processes on why they made a script work a certain way. Or on the flip side if it would be a good idea to constantly be showing off source code for everything and talking through plans while the project is in a vulnerable/early state that someone could swoop in on?

When's the next game jam?

Not even jam games?

December 31th

twitch has a "creative" section just for exactly that, you know

you are stealing from nuclear throne ok?

Not even jam games...

Reminder that a crafting system being boring and annoying is purely the designer's fault and it's possible to make one that's both interesting and rewarding.
Whether or not it belongs in your game at all is another question entirely, however.

why come you don't download the UE4 source and see how they do it?

If we start now we might finish in time

>stream gamedev
>it's just me pacing my room and adding 1 thing after 4 hours

That's probably a good idea; I forgot that UE4 was open source. My game's 2D, but the general principle is still the same regardless of the number of dimensions.

Just looked at twitch creative and yeah there's some game dev stuff. Much less popular than the Bob Ross stream and this though. I can see a couple big reasons why people would opt for this over a nerd typing away at code.

maybe you'd think faster with people watching you instead of your own pace.

give a good example then

Hi aggy
What did you have for dinner/breakfast/lunch?

what did he meme by this?

>breakfast/lunch
Cup Noodles' Spicy Beef

>Dinner
Pasta with Pesto Chicken and Bacon

What about you?

well, I guess it's just bland

streaming your gamedev is like writing a screenplay in starbucks.

Look at "Knights of Sidonia" Or any other better mech anime. It's hard to know what direction you want when you only have grey boxed it out. If I were you I'd focus on the aspect of Mechs being huge and clunky, yet graceful in their movements at times.

The best way to pick up girls then?

I had octopus for the very firs time. thought it would be disgusting but it was pretty good, plus I've been telling everyone I ate some pus

>tfw my game mechanic is so unique and rare, I can't hire or tell anyone because they would rip it off

breakfast: protein shake
lunch: 2 chicken breasts, kale salad

dinner will be a porkchop and 2 potatoes

post pictures of abs

two mouse devices control is not a good unique revolutionary mechanic