/ T R A C K B O Y S /

Track general

Where you guys going this coming season?

What car? How did it go last sumer?

That track has left AND right corners

How do Americans not crash?

>implying you have the balls to go full blast on an oval

I'll be in Laguna Seca, Thunderhill Raceway, Sonoma Raceway, and Buttonwillow :^)

Laguna was better than any rollercoaster I've ever experienced

>tracks
>turning
Nah, I'll light your ass up at the red light. Faggot.

I'd love to go but its so far from me.
Mid Ohio is the best elevation change track in my area

>Where you guys going this coming season?
My favorite oval + more ovals
>What car? How did it go last summer?
First race this year I'll be running an 03 Regal
A 10th and 5th in the enduro, 3rd in a demo, and a 2nd in the boat/trailer race.

Never been before, but I'm planning on going to Atlanta Motorsports Park at some point this year.

Out of all the other tracks in SoCal I have yet to drive Autoclub Speedway and Chuckwalla

You really can't appreciate how big the elevation change is on the corkscrew until you've driven it

I'll be at all those tracks this year, see you there user

are you a fellow /ga/ user?

>paying money to go around the same ~10 turns for an hour or two

>not hitting the touge and blasting down seemingly endless twists, turns and hairpins through beautiful scenery all the while progressing towards a new place to explore

I am racing at COTA this weekend with SCCA.

This one is the first track I've ever been to.

Looking to try this one this coming Spring.

MRS
>last summer got car
>first thing I did wast take it to time attack
>snap oversteered first corner of first lap cause gearbox locks up above 5k and tyres were worn from previous chav owner
>changed wheels and tyres and came seventh in my class on another event

now car is in garage getting some fixes and coilovers
Next season will participate harder in all events and try to get podium

>can\t turn
>cant drive
>needs to buy big powerful car to beat anyone at driving in a straight line
kek faglord

Get gud, scrub.

You'd be surprised how deft they are in the turns. You're going much faster than it feels. Once when I was driving in the N GA mountains, I ran up on a group of supercars driving through the mountains, not really pushing it. I was taking them corner by corner until I got to a GT-R. He got so ruffled after I passed him in a hairpin that he floored it too early coming out of a turn and crashed that shit into the side of the mountain.

I live out in BFE, nearest track is like 3 hours away. I've always wanted to hit the track, but I've never done it. I have no practice nor anywhere to practice tight corners at high speed. Out here the roads are flat and straight. No wide curves. Only point of reference I have I guess are highway on ramps. I tend to take those at 50-60mph when the suggested speed is 30mph. I wouldn't call those tight turns though.

Everything out here are like 1/4 mile tracks that are dirt, and oval. Sometimes 1/8. They aren't open to the public either, only for events.

How does one go about learning and practicing these types? Do tracks have instructors and the like? Are there any good tracks near Chicago, St Louis, or Indianapolis? Maybe Louisville? I'm in Central IL.

>wahhh i followed some supercards on their cruise and passsed them while they weren\t even racing me
>wahhh im so pro
you're a 16 year old shitter like it or not.
Anyone with even an hour of real racing experience know you're an superautistic faglord who is a shit driver.

>wixom michigan
>25 minutes away from Waterford Hills and M1 Concourse
I do love the shit out of Waterford's elevation changes

mate Camaro's, Mustangs and Challengers/Chargers always make up a large part of the grid at open track days I attend

Not in that car you won't.

t. Busrider

>calls dude autistic
>proceeds to behave in an autistic fashion

Seriously dude, chill out.

Getting dejavu here, were you racing the leader of the night kids?

I'm almost dry heaving asking this, but are there any good tracks in ontario?

>tracks

lmao no thanks scrubs, i'd rather stick to tow gays

if you drive all the way down to bowling green we have the corvettte museum.

Went here in December, it's a great track but it was pretty cold out that morning.

Oh nice, that looks like a nice track, I think. I don't know what constitutes a good track. It's about a 5 hour drive for me. Would be a fun weekend road trip, maybe go camping on the way back in Shawnee.

>prostate massager

>everyone in the world can touge

you are retarded

>get stuck behind cyclists going 20mph
No thanks

VIR with my 13 Mustang GT. It did ok last year, the new oil cooler did it's job, but I really need to advance past regular street tires and factory suspension if I am going to get much under 1:27/lap

Tfw I won't pass the 90db limit for Laguna seca ;___;

I'll see you at thunderhill and Sonoma tho. I'm planning on thunderhill again on March 9th

I did 3 track days and I'm still excruciatingly slow, but I'm hoping to improve next season! I went from a 2:00 on my first day to 1:53.7 on my 3rd day. I went back to back the month of October. For reference there was a guy in a NA 1.8 and S2000, both better drivers than me with better tires/suspension consistently getting 1:45-1:47s

I only wish I went earlier, but I'm glad the car had no issues and ran without a single issue aside from boiling over my brake fluid on my last session (I really got my brakes hot, not enough venting + regular Valvoline fluid)

>What Car

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 5MT, stock for the most part (KYB AGX Struts, Whiteline Front Camber Tophats, STi catless up-pipe, -2.0 degrees of Camber All Around, H6 Rear Brakes + Stoptech SS Lines and Sport Pads, 205/55/16 Firestone Indy 500s). 180-190whp/3100lbs.

Next season I want to add a rear 20mm rear swaybar off a 02-03 WRX (stock is 17mm) + aluminium endlinks, and do a full downpipe/exhaust and Cobb Accessport (230whp). Maybe a STi Turbo/TMIC too (260whp)

>How did it go

I learned patience, my fastest laps pretty much had me turning in way earlier than normal to clip the apex with my back tire or late apex, then pretty much coast the car until it straightens out and add throttle as I come out. Possibly tapping the brake if it pushed. Before I kinda just dove into every corner later than I should've and just punched it out of every apex. I wasn't doing too bad according to my instructor since I could commit to a turn without getting scared and tried to hug apexes.

>touge
>deer, gravel, oncoming cars, police/state troopers, barely any runoff so you can't actually exceed your car's limits or even approach them unless you're fucking stupid, rarely any better drivers to actually challenge you

i believe it, people seriously underrate srt dodges. last autox event i went to there was a new challenger srt that consistently finished in top 10 raw times out of 130+ cars

streets of willow and big willow both look like dicks

n-no homo

Are you going to hangout with the n/o/rcal peeps this weekend?

post pics, sound awesome

Putnam is 30 mins west of Indy.

Essentially when you go you can get an instructor who will take you around at 50 mph max so you can learn then line and then you speed up from their as you feel comfortable.

Yeah. I'm actually less than an hour from there and Road Atlanta, so I'm going to try to go to both this year.