I really like late 90s Jaguars. My neighbor, who's been in the car business for 50 years, says Jaguars are trash...

I really like late 90s Jaguars. My neighbor, who's been in the car business for 50 years, says Jaguars are trash. I really like how they look, though. Anyone know anything about them?

They are trash.

Not even trolling, my coworker had two of that same gen. A white and red one, they were always broken down and running like shit. DO NOT BUY

They are really classy looking trash.

He's absolutely and completely right and you should only admire them from afar.

n i k a s i l

provided they are well taken care of and had maintenance every 200km they should be fine for atleast another 200km

Growing up my dad owned two XJ6's. Both were plagued with electrical problems. Luckily one of my dad's friends is a Jaguar mechanic so he was able to get help with the maintenance.

They're really nice cars to be inside though. If you can do the maintenance yourself or know a Jaguar mechanic, knock yourself out.

Ok, you guys convinced me. Damn, I wanted one just like in the picture. I see one around the city all the time and I'm jealous.

I think the only used Jag I'd buy would be an X-type because it's actually a Ford Mondeo with AWD.

is that a different version of vagisil

No, it's a Nickel Silicon Carbide plating used on some cars like the chevrolet vega which allows for use of aluminum cylinder liners.

Get a Range Rover Classic if you want that brit feel but also a good car.

Buy it if you can take care of it. You'll love it. Don't be a nigger

only on 1998-99.5 models

If you buy one you can 100% maintain it yourself.

jagrepair.com has literally everything you need. Very well documented cars.

XJR are dirt cheap and they have 400hp supercharged V8s, could be a drag project or something idk.

Not the 90s, but the XJS was always my favourite Jag.
Although they are hot garbage that makes Ranger Rovers look reliable.
Speaking of....

>Range Rover
>good car
Rangies are premier league garage queens. I guarantee you it will have to go back to the 'shop regularly because yet another urgently flashing light has appeared on the dash, or it's stuck in limp mode again for no apparent reason.
Only masochists buy Range Rovers.

He said Classic. No limp mode and generally a more reliable car than the later P38 and BMW-era L322

First gens aren't that bad, 96-> the real horror show starts.

1992-1996 XJS are actually just fine reliability wise. All the electronics got upgraded to japanese denso stuff.

2 words:

Lucas Electronics

Unless you fancy being an automotive diagnostician, don't buy one if you have no mechanical aptitude.

What went so right?