/fng/ - Fortnite General

Powerbase Kyle edition

>What is Fortnite?
It's a 4 player co-op basebuilder/tower defense with lot's of loot and various hero classes.

>Do I have to buy it?
At the moment yes, currently there are various founders packs for sale, starting at $40. It will go F2P next year.

>If I was in alpha do I have to buy?
If you spent money equal to the price of a founders pack during the alpha you will receive the corresponding founders pack for free plus. If you did not you will get a discount on one.

>Where do I buy it?
fortnite.com

>/fng/ discord
discord.gg/uXZHAyG

>/fng/ loot table (ongoing project, help is appreciated)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wrfh3l2kOfXi-TxDcSaXDrShaZzMSVd4iZeGk8mraBg/edit?usp=sharing

>FortNite crafting weapon costs for first tier weapons, traps.
pastebin.com/FLBZVc3f

>Some useful information
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iWt-LgADVmRdQnS9OomDFqjqXQT7wyyPA1unctnaPHM/htmlview?sle=true#

>tfw you made your Hammer level 20 before realizing the rolls were fucking awful

Throw it into the furnace

iktf

This gave me aids

hi

That SUCKS

Into the collection book that shit goes?

Jesus christ, spoiler your gore

>Need to do protect the shelter 40+ zone(I'm PL40) get in match with low 20's lose shelter without any of them near the shelter. Fuck this mission

why is this bad?

Because its not actually a % increase in its damage, its just fucking +10 offense that a stupid survivor can give you

+damage on weapons is "just" +offense points when that weapon is equipped, not +basedamage

so it's not actually "+damage%" the way that literally everyone in every game ever understands "+damage%"

it's not the worst possible roll, but it's not a "good" roll either

But I can't play Penny without it, I hate this shit.

Just deal with it until you find a better shredder

>constructor builds a wood hut around the atlas without BASE in mid plankerton
Just play ninja you dummy.

GIVE ME FUCKING HEADHUNTER

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Here is your survivalist

well, at least it puts you closer to one shotting husks and potentially reduces shots to kill on other thing right? right?
please help my first and so far only lego was a golf club with 2 durability rolls that i just recycled because it's existence didn't deserve to be immortalized

So the only real difference between an Epic and a Legendary is just a slight state boost right?

Schematics get another bonus thingy for leveling it up, like dmg or crit%

What about Heros?

>Bees kill your shield in a second, and then your health drops rapidly, there is no a other annoying enemy than beehive husks, trying to melee them is suicide.

Don't know about those, think you're right on that

I can't play Penny in Encampment missions. Trying to do those Bonus Encampments as melee is literal suicide.

>t.ninjas that haven't met fire bees yet

I don't know why people think Bees are exclusively a ninja problem, they give Penny problems as well since she is built around using Hardware

Built around =/= restricted to

Use a fucking gun you stupid fucking beeposters

I dont understand why ANYONE has a fucking bee problem. Just carry a fucking pistol on you. It takes ONE bullet you stupid pajama monkey.

How's stonewood treating you?

t.Soldier players

Must be nice to never be inconvenienced because nothing in this game beats shitting out absurd damage at safe ranges.

I think bees are a problem because of how long they last and the fact they drop them as they walk.
So the game will spawn 4 hive guys while you're killing a smasher and you turn around and see that the entire area outside your base is a literal sea of bees for the next 15 seconds at minimum.
God forbid if someone was standing anywhere out there when the spawns happened.

45% crit dmg/-24% dura/10% fire dmg or
25% dmg/14% crit chance for a highlander?

>ONE bullet
I play power BASE most of the time.
Theres usually more than one bee fucker running around.

melee llama expiring in 30 mins; better be a super llame next

Beeposters are literally the dumbest sacks of shit on the planet

>You have a dash or a double jump or a smokebomb
>HELP I CANT STOP THESE SLOW BEES FROM GETTING ME
Brain damage

crit chance

>Penny is not a melee character

>Penny is literally incapable of using a gun

Figuratively, then literally, kill yourself

t.Bee

Ninjas are squishy, penny is not. Maybe stop standing in stupid.

Get out of Stonewood. Bee clouds will utterly fuck Penny if she's caught in them. 4k+ shields and 9k HP and bees still fuck you up badly if you're caught in them for more than a second.

Do you stupid fags have a sword in all 3 weapon slots or something?

I enjoy the bee memes far too much.

same

it's fun wading through bee swarms as a soldier giving no fucks to go kill a smasher or something, then watching ninjas try to do the same thing and just fall over

I think it's fun sitting in my invincible base, shooting important targets (bombers, lobbers) and watching ninjas die repeatedly to bees that never even make it through the trap gauntlet.

>willingly choosing to exist inside the spawn zone
You unironically asked for all subsequent deaths with that choice alone.

>willingly choosing to play anything besides Soldier

>Stay in spawn zone
>Bees spawn on me
WHAT THE FUCK EPIC GAMES?????????

>Stand in street
>Get hit by car
>Stand in rain
>Get wet
>Stand in spawn
>Get bees
>"HAHA WOW LITERALLY NOTHING I COULD DO!"

You're just going to have to accept that if you play ninja you're going to be relegated to picking off the zombies between base and spawn that soldiers haven't mowed down yet. Trying to get the lions share by being at ground zero will just get you killed.

I've never had a single Founder's Llama go Silver

>tfw striker a.c.
>tfw basically a ninja with blink

Enjoy your bees weeblords.

>create classes that revolve around melee, most of their skills are dedicated to make them better melee fighters
>have enemy that makes focusing on melee impossible

>melee shouldn't have a counter

>sitting back out of harms way and gunning everything down effortlessly with skills focused around that does not need a counter

Flingers would fill that role if the shit they flung wasn't useless.
Propane husk flingers when

Guns go through durability faster due to fire rate and ammo costs resources. They also handle up close swarming worse than ninja's do due to the guns small funnel but every melee weapon hits in a cone so distance is a requirement for survival.

Flingers wouldn't be a counter considering how rare they are anyway while Bees are a very common enemy.

I suppose the daily llama isn't anything special since nobody is talking about it?

Why don't you buy one and find out, user

What were they honestly thinking with Outlander ability shards though?

>guys lets make these skills that this class needs to find shards on the map for instead of having a cool down
>let's also make these skills absolute shit to the point of being a minor inconvenience to enemies at best

Was actually asking what it is, at work currently. I could have phrased that better lol

it's a regular 350 v-bucks Weapon Llama

Daily disappointment. Thanks user

I actually don't mind it really, it lets me save up for Troll Trucks / Supers

Daily reminder that Sentinel Hype is CUTE.

>flinger shows up
>don't have a melee weapon
>just kind of move towards it
>it runs away and proceeds to do fuck all

Do you think they will change it to actual damage % seems like this was unintentional.

>sniper rifles have damage falloff

What's the fucking point then?

That would be nice but who knows. It's not great as is but there's situationally worse rolls. I figure most people just use what they can get and ideal rolls on epics/legendaries are just pipe dreams.

doubtful

it's actually not a "bad" passive in the early game, it just becomes significantly less useful once you're pushing 400, 500 offense passively

It's not. It's just not the best, so people sperg out over their "horrible luck" of getting rolls that result in more damage than half the other possibilities.

They also break faster than anything else, explosives excluded.
That shit doesn't matter in plankerton, but fuck if it doesn't suck ass to have malachite weapons break often in canny.

The falloff should be based upon their range. I imagine it would either start further out or scale slower with most snipers. Shredder range is 5120, other shit is 6656, and bolt action/amr is 10240. AR range is 3840, 4096, 5120 for comparison.

10/10 but needs to be bigger

Ninjas BTFO

BeeTFO*

Teddy isn't bad, Shock tower is trash, blink is okay, AM charge is pretty awful.

Shard system is the worst idea in a game too full of bad ideas, worse still that the Llama shard overwrites the offencive shard skill until you use it, making it impossible to get the full reward untill there's at least one other person to help you break it.

>Ammo takes more wood to craft than steel

>user can't break loot llamas on his own

Haven't figured out how to exploit 100% weakspot hits yet?

>founder llama
>epic soldier
>shock trooper
goddamnit gimme headhunter or banshee you piece of shit game

scuffed

Do tell.

i don't even need no exploit, i'm fast enough that I can just hold the mouse button down and always hit it, get jealous friends

>Ninja friend keeps bitching about bees
>Craft him a shredder and tell him to fucking shoot them
>He no longer dies
I hope you guys did your part in curing stupid today.

How do we deal with the outlander menace

Can I get a shredder please?

>friend needs Teddy Bears of his daily
>literally find a house with 10+ bears in it
>I need Teddy Bears for my daily
>4 Suburbs missions later
>2 bears

Fuck off Epic.