Why does nobody acknowledge this vehicle as perhaps the single greatest trendsetter of the 21st century...

Why does nobody acknowledge this vehicle as perhaps the single greatest trendsetter of the 21st century, spawning an entire new category of automobile? Every modern SUV/CUV seems to be modeled after this car.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JS1lexa9wGw
youtu.be/neaPQRT8jYA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The drivers rank among the absolute worst on the road is about all I know about them.

>first SUV built on a automobile (Camry) chassis
>built for comfort and style rather than utility (a first also)
>4 wheel drive
>28% of luxury SUV market in 2004
>a car that will actually non-memetically be remembered as a classic years into the future
>bulletproof reliability carries it into 200k+ miles with basic maintenance

You know this, I know this, and Lexus knows this, AND the rest of the German cuckhokds on this board know this too, but it upsets them, so they will pretend to deny it.

youtu.be/JS1lexa9wGw

>first SUV built on an automobile chassis
no

>>first SUV built on a automobile (Camry) chassis
Wrong, not even the first Toyota to do it. It could be argued that the Ruskies did it first with the M-72.
>>built for comfort and style rather than utility (a first also)
Wrong, Jeep did this back in 1966
>>a car that will actually non-memetically be remembered as a classic years into the future
Hardly anyone remembers them now

well, my main point still stands. Look at the design and look at the average modern crossover and tell me there isn't inheritance.

You WILL remember the RX300 you little shit.

Remember it as a butt ugly suburb cruising mommymobile, yes

DELET

Now post the disgusting brown interior so I can vomit and eat me another lunch

I doubt it, I forgot they existed until this thread.

The only reason I will remember it is because some buck-toothed, coke-bottle glasses, old as fuck Asian man nearly totaled me at 70mph with his.

Faggot was all over his lane, randomly cut across 3 lanes to go down the off ramp, then without a turn signal, cut back across 4 lanes and nearly clipped me, I was going 70, he must have been accelerating up to 90.

Then we took the same interchange, and I passed him as he brought it down to about 30mph in the fast lane.

So yeah, fuck those things and anyone who likes them.

It is the best interior in the class.

/ourguy/ savagegeese even says so.
youtu.be/neaPQRT8jYA

>get hit by blue man in mercedes
Wow that guy is a bad driver.
>get hit by yellow woman in lexus
Wow fuck every Lexus on the planet

Racism?

>mommymobile
sounds like a good thing.

tbr

Hi Manuel

>best interior
>brown
You have to go back. (To the 1970s.)

Say what you will about SUVs but the RX is one seriously good looking machine. It's an acquired taste, but once you apprehend Lexus's design language, there's no going back to boring designs

>best interior in class
>Tacked on tablet

Dream on

>touchscreen bullshit
Failure.

Wasn't this the thing that kicked off the modern day crossover craze?

Try Honda, Toyota, or Subaru back in the 90s.

1997 Mercedes ML (body on frame not a crossover)
1997 Lexus RX
1999 BMW X5
2001 Acura MDX
2002 Audi Q7
2002 Porsche Cayenne
2003 Infiniti FX
2004 Cadillac SRX
2008 BMW X6

>mommymobile
Like this is a problem?

Are you 80 years old? touch screens are easier to use than that joystick/pad thing in the Lexus, I've actually tried it in a showroom, it takes forever to access stuff and you have to be really precise. A touch screen becomes second nature in no time and you wouldn't ever go back to a joystick.

het with the times

>Need to change something
>Have to look away from the road to fiddle with a screen

>You WILL remember the RX300 you little shit.

Never seen one IRL. I have seen a ton of Toyota harriers though.

The modern crossover is nothing to celebrate so I don't know what you are getting so excited about.