Can we have an Audi A8 appreciation thread?

Can we have an Audi A8 appreciation thread?

POV test drive: youtu.be/hiiX59fVEEM?t=158

It's such a smooth and luxurious car, plus the engine sounds really nice

No doubts it is a Magnificent vehicle, and the first on my list if I make it in crypto.

>Shiny interior bits
What's up with the Germans? I used to enjoy the cold Teutonic Audis, now it's just a Caddy lookalike

A8 is the cheapest looking and least innovative full size car from the Big 3

Prove that it is the least innovative

>VAGfag got assmad in last blast

GET OU ME THREAD REEEEEEE

>Shiny black plastic everywhere
>FRONT WHEEL DRIVE

Literally worse than Hyundai.

Yeah I dont think the interior looks all that nice anymore. I appreciate the new-age technology but I'm a sucker for old-world glamour of acres of wood. Mercedes is the only one successfully blending old and new together right now.

It ain't plastic you complete moron

I highly doubt they'd bother lacquering wood like that. Nah. It's lacquer on top of plastic.

How many innocent monkeys were gassed in order to bring this car to life?

I'll save you all the trouble:
it's 12 minutes of him playing with the infotainment system.

You can barely hear the engine - the sound of him clicking the buttons on the steering wheel is louder than the engine is.

All that disgusting shiny black plastic though the whole dash, Jesus Christ how awful is that. Nice dust and fingerprint magnet you got there buddy.

Even the older gen Lexus LS460 has a better interior, real wood and metals, no cheap shiny stuff.

well it's ruined now

Not at all, that is even better.

What a mess of an interior compared to the A8, nips simply can't into simple clean design

I like how they finally managed to not make the screen look like it was tacked on at the very last second, but FUCK making EVERYTHING touch controlled.

It is authentically "asian" in its aesthetic, which has been missing from Lexus since their beginning. It's nice to see Lexus embrace their own culture instead of just copying rhe Euros. They decided to be themselves and I think that will pay off in the long run.

Absolutely no one can doubt the materials and workmanship though. The sheer quality of this interior cones across even in static pictures.

I tried integrating the screens a bit

Why the fuck would there be 2 separate screens?

How hard can a slightly curved screen really be in 2018?

You know what, I can see how they are trying to mimic their culture into the design, Northern Europe has always been minimalist in everything..But the nips like bold lines

the gassing of monkeys was pretty innovative

D2 was most innovative A8

>digital instrument panel
>screens everywhere

I spend enough time sitting behind my computer already, the last thing I need is to simulate the experience while I drive. No thanks.

FWD is superior in luxury

>What's up with the Germans? I used to enjoy the cold Teutonic Audis, now it's just a Caddy lookalike
This so much. I still remember my first time i went into an audi a5 and was amazed by the interiors.
Now the a8 interior looks like it was made for a 13 years old boy.

>rebadged econobox fusion
>luxury

>you can experience Lincoln luxury in other Ford models

pretty good

also it's related to the Taurus you imbecile

Can appreciate most of their cars. Can't appreciate the turboniggers who buy them.

FWD is okay unless you want to go really fast

Not enough. Detroit still lives.