Sleeper Thread

What does Veeky Forums think about sleepers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cQigN057dMw
youtube.com/watch?v=70XvW4Yh5vw
youtube.com/watch?v=qBgdW_KQz-g
youtu.be/59j-a86YU9M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Love em. If I had absurd amounts of money, I would find the cherryest buick park avenue that I could find, and drop it a completely as possible onto the wickedest drivetrain I could dream up. I wouldn't be satisfied until I could dust Demons at stoplights.

If I had money I'd only make/drive sleepers.

I love generic looking cars that have hundreds of thousands inside. Bonus points for cool low profile high end rims and tires and different / scratched body panels

Sleepers are the best

Fucking love 'em. There's not much better than leaving some cunt who thinks he's hot shit with his brand new German leasemobile in the dust in a car that looks like something your grandpa would drive.

Post sleepers

That exhaust pipe is solid gold

I want to build either an LTD or a Fairmont. There's this beautiful Marquis for sale that was grandma owned all its life but it doesn't have the same shitbox charm the Fairmont has so I can't decide if I should wait for THE Fairmont or this.

I like the concept but if they are only good for drag racing they're just a one trick pony. Anyone with an inclination of how cars work can tell a sleeper by extra wide tires, or the fucky idle of a big block.

I want to develop my skills at fabrication, engine building, tuning and chassis building to turn shitboxes into sleepers. Like modifying a boring old hatchback, tint the windows dark as possible and make it a midship. Sure I could build a tube chassis and slap panels on it but I want to destroy riced up shitboxes at the lights and chase down Ferraris along the bends.

Like this top gear episode. Except take it one step further and put in a better suspension.

yeah... suuuuuuuuree!
haha, what a showoff

oh.

should have 316i as badge

>foxbody mustang in the background
He even chose the mustang closest to being a sleeper, that's dedication.

Not sleepy

It's a dumb idea.

still pretty sleepy for what it is.
youtu.be/cQigN057dMw

The Merc is a fox body too

To be fair the 6 liters in the ve commodores are undertuned as fuck exhaust, tune and intake can get them another 60rwkw

I wanna make a Lumina a sleeper.

What would be the easiest engine swap to do, besides an ls?

LT

Saw a LS swapped Volvo wagon with a fake muffler like this.

Challenger?

It probably isn't.

Eah, where I live all the foxbodies are fast as shit. Anyone dumb enough to take one on is usually roasted. They're all turbod, pro charged, nitrous, or coyote swapped.

>where I live all the foxbodies are fast as shit.
Any Fairmonts or LTD's?

Pic not related

My dream car is actually a Subaru GL with a STI motor or an ls swapped in

Honda Civic

wat.

Hell fucking yes, that is how it's done.

truth
normies think they're shit but they're actually pretty fast

People try too hard to make sleepers now and it's not as cool as it used to be. It's so overdone that someone with a car that doesn't look like shit wanting to race instantly blows any sleeper status it has.

Worst are the ones where the car has obvious work and shit like slicks, like the fuck you aren't fooling anyone.

Give me a car that looks the part and can back it up any day.

>Hurf durf I have some crusty American car.
>Slicks like a steam roller
>exhaust note like a B-52 carpet bombing a typhoon.
>Cage painfully obvious
>B-but the paint is faded.

Bitch you aren't fooling anyone.

>daily sleeper
>plebs on my morning commute GTFO my way now
>embarrass WRXs, Toyobarus, some mustangs all day
>never stopped by cops because grandpamobile
>can fit a kayak inside
>runs 11.4 1/4 mile

Plz excuse shitass winter wheels

Staying low-key is always a good idea.

is that a Mercedes diesel?

>what sleep used to mean
>putting a huge engine in a shit car

>what it means now
>get car that already has huge engine
>put loud turbo and exhaust on it
>tint the lights
>put huge rims on it

>8 second car

Sure.
have a video that talks about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=70XvW4Yh5vw

This, same with XR6T
>extractors
>tune
>exhaust
Ridiculous power

forgot
>boost dials all over dashboard
>HUGE tires
>intercooler clearly visible from a distance
>custom license plate
>retard stickers all over it
>ebay LED headlights

have both. Both are coyote swapped. The fairmont is N/A the LTD procharged. They eat imports for breakfast, Camaros for lunch, and New mustangs and Challengers for dinner.

Both owned by 2 crazy ass old men. Im in North Georgia, every guy from Chattanooga to Atlanta knows about em.

correction the LTD is Kenne-bell'd I believe.

That ford 6 pot looks almost identical to the a Mercedes OM606

youtube.com/watch?v=qBgdW_KQz-g

>has roof racks
>puts kayak inside
you sandy savage bastard, you

Must be a fucking tiny kayak lol.

does look kinda the same i guess...

>tfw people call shit like this sleepers

It looks like shit so it's a sleeper xD
>ENORMOUS INTAKE AND TURBO BULGING FROM HOOD.

I get what you're saying here but
>Massive NACA ducts on the rear
youtu.be/59j-a86YU9M

>ROLL CAGE
>GAYLORD STICKERS PLASTERED ON WINDSCREEN
>FRONT RUNNERS
>OBVIOUSLY A WRAP
nice slepree bro xddduhxuhhuhiyadhifawhh809

No they don't that is more of a rat rod.
Saying people are calling that thing a sleeper is like trying to say people are calling pic a sleeper...

You know what I mean faglord.

Yeah, not like I found that image just by simply googling Camaro sleeper. Have another car that was considered a sleeper.

I think you are just retarded. the page came from is titled
>U Will NOT Believe The Drag Racing Run Of This 1400HP Single Turbo Camaro Rust Bucket!
And i can not even find the image you just posted when looking for chevy nova sleepers.

You're retarded and didn't even read the article. Apparently too retarded to even do a reverse image search too, are you Australian?

If your car has slicks it's obviously not a sleeper. lol @ that Nova with obvious mods.

reverse image searches don't work on images posted on Veeky Forums you idiot.

Uhh, yeah they do, are you some dumb phonepsoter or something?

Well that shit you posted don't.

>image size 401x224
epic

Don't underestimate what people call sleepers

wtf why mine no work?

Some people are dumb.

Dunno.

Imo the F.A.S.T. guys are the ultimate sleepers. Some of them have cages due to track rules but these fuckers are running 9 second times on 70's era bias ply and keeping everything to the engine looking stock.

10 second nitrous small block. Also has a cage but the owner tinted the windows to try and hide it.

>sleeper
>either try and find the rare performance oriented version of some fwd econoshitbox
>or invest time and money into making a shitbox fast but not as fast as (for example) a c5

this is fucking nuts

I wish I could find a Fairmont that wasn't shit around here, there was one in my area that was like a champagne color, it was gorgeous.

>want to build up a Fairlane 500 sleeper with a 302 Coyote or Ecotec v6
>also want to midship mount a 455 Olds Bigboi into a chopped and channeled 46 Fleetline
working on the money to do it

The horrible exposure also helps hiding the cage.

9 foot kayak. Rear seats come out and passenger seat folds flat.

Best thing to get is one of those vacuum dumps, so it's going out the back until you hit it

I have this dream, though I think the powertrain out of a current GTR might work. Might not be the craziest but I think it would work best. If you carry over the big brakes as well you could easily hide them behind some horrid wheels.

ok but the van is a jag xj220 underneath, so that extra power won't really help

absolutely this. if i ever built a sleeper i'd make sure it's the lowest trim level & smallest badging possible

>ls swap
>nuts

You don't get out much do you?

how fast is a car going for an 8 second quarter mile? i'm bad brain math numbers

>drag wheels
>takes it drag racing

not really a sleeper

Best sleeper coming through

Those Holden V8 they imported as Pontiacs and Chevys are re ultimate sleepers but afaik they didn’t sell well (although I gather they have some of the best resale going).

My current Frankenstein, 4g63t swapped Colt GT.

This. Id rather swap a t56 instead of the 4l80e

>Turbo LS in that shitbox
>Not nuts

>posting an image from pure stocks
Ayyyy

Nothing LS swaps is nuts to me, it's so boring and standard. People were shoving supercharged big blocks in them 40 years ago. Nothing you can do to a Chevette will be nuts.