Obscure Factory Accessories

What's your favorite?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Active_Control_Suspension
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A lot of minivans have built in vacuums. Some cars have/had heated washer fluid.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Active_Control_Suspension

We've reached a point where the new Civic makes that look "normal".

>factory picnic basket and cooler

A lot of Jap 4x4 vehicles in the 80's and 90's came with offroad tech stuff.

My dad's pajero had an aero style blue and black clinometer. A friend's Hilux had one and my vitara has a compass.

Aww fuck that's great, I had no idea they put those in vehicles before the FJ Cruiser.

My vote still goes to the offroad pod on the dashboard, I use the compass all the time and the inclinometer is great. I wish mine had an altimeter though, that would be full meme.

That's pretty neato, I love the idea of chucking in 6 mixtapes of synthwave and driving for 10 hours straight.

the modern toyota equivalent

where is that from?

1991 BMW 850i

BMW e3X I think.

One-year-only Chevy liquid tire chain sprayer

wow that is some strange stuff

Probably this $100.000 fly fishing add on for the Bentley Bentayga, There is also a Falconry and Hunting version...

A FUCKING
PICNIC TABLE

Had one in my Merc C220

Yo dawg, I heard you like Hondas.

>how fucking rich can you get

Jeeeeesus.

Pretty unique 2bh famm

gf has a first gen crv and it's neat

a 97' porsche boxster I worked on had them.

90s subies could get a compass + gizmo, similar to this. Pretty neat. I wish I had one on my old RS. I'll look for a pic

Here's a pic. Compass, temp gauge and altimeter

>europeans will never roadtrip in a comfy degen van

what the fuck is negative E farenheit? Sounds cold as shit. Isnt e constant 2.7 something?

That actually looks pretty useful. Could make a good shooting table for at the gravel pit then clean fish on it later with a plastic tablecloth to throw on top

Hundred bucks ain't bad. You accidently put on an extra zero. :-)

sadly its aged pretty good

e46's have an analog MPG gauge

E30s do too

It clearly states what the instruments other than the compass are, and neither of them is an altimeter.

shit that's dope as fuck

My BMW from 2016 still has one, but the European version of it so it’s a L/100km gauge

Lots of German cars have this I've come to realize. Both my 2000 BMW 540i and My 1986 Porsche 944 had these. Must be a German thing to be obsessed with those MPGs.

these things are fun as fuck when you lower them. handles like on rails.

so does MB

In fairness most Americans won't know that feel anymore. The only people who still drive those are chain-smoking perpetually drunk single middle aged men.

When I was a wee lad my dad had a Tercel wagon with one of those clusters and the 6-speed. That car was so fucking cool.
Unfortunately it got stolen two years after he bought it and turned up a month later full of bees.

I had a Buick years ago that came with a full set of golf clubs, small enough to be an airline carry on.

me being a huge cassette tape enthusiast faggot, that is COOL.

My dad had that in his pimped-out 1978 Lariat. With that in one hand and a chaw of Mail Pouch in his mouth, he was king of the world.

ba·rom·e·ter
bəˈrämədər/Submit
noun
an instrument measuring atmospheric pressure, used especially in forecasting the weather and determining altitude.

Those things are so sweet, I went off road with a bunch of hicks and they play a game where they max out the angles in both directions, then continue to tilt until nearly rolling over.

They also illegally drive onto the beach to reset the altimeter to zero.

>was
Oh no...

The 2012 Toyota Camry has one too.

>europeans will never roadtrip in a comfy degen van

>Better suited to /x/

All the BMWs do

Hey nice FJ! I've got a 2010 Trail Teams with the same pods

Not every car had a fuel dipstick.

So did my ancient VW Santana if I remember correctly.

Nothing special, a lot of cars had 6-cd changers as an option

Never mind, im a faggot that should open thumbnails first

>peter brock actually shilled this

kek

>Falconry version
As a falconer this pleases me greatly

Some of the 2 door pathfinders came with a very similar cluster in Japan.

>POWER at 600 rpm
>ECONOMY at 3000 rpm
>VACUUM at 8000 rpm

What the fuck is this gauge trying to tell me?

Don't forget to wash your hands before eating

My '15 Pajero Sport has a shitty electronic compass, and an altimeter that typically shows that I'm 100 meters underground.

Never ever heard of heated washer fluid, are you sure you don't mean heated nozzles? So that they don't freeze in in the winter and you can still use the washer fluid

Just spent 20 mins looking at retrofitting one of these in my pathy, it's a shame that they changed the dash style.

When you dream to drive a semi but can only afford an economy shitbox.

>Want to get into falconry
>100k buy in
Just another case of rich white man keeping the poor man down

That's not a tachymeter.

>stock vacuum gauge

This sucks. How are you ever supposed to replace your shocks?

That was quite common, I've had 2 cars with those.

This is rather marketed at the middle eastern market. Sandniggers love falconing

That's not even an option. Comes standard on every CR-V.

No Mecca compass?

So is that getting introduced as standard equipment by the whole PSA lineup, or what?

Fuck, I miss Mitsubishi. They used to be good and their cars were sexy and cute.

My 300CE has a tube coming out of the cooling tank that cycles through a little pipe that dunks into the washer fluid reservoir. Look it up, Mercedes 124 washer fluid heating element.

Other weird accessories on this car include vacuum powered retractors on the rear headrests, vacuum seat back positioning memory (? mine is broke so no idea), seatbelt handoff mechanism.

Yeah theyre just going to add a conpass that points to fucking mecca im sure thatll go well for all those people with islamophobia. Obviously its for the saudi market dipshit.

ive got a 2014 xle...got an identical right side where eco mode is highlighted on that cusp,, but my left side is only rpm/nor do i have the center screen...maybe you have some censors in your car?

Is that wee man?

Lmfao my buddy as a 2nd Gen CRV and way what you want about how slow it is but damn is it practical

anyone who gives that much of a shit about fly fishing already has all that stuff I assume

My legacy has this too, it is pretty usually usually desu

Holy fuck how can you miss the joke so badly.

Though I probably should have said it was Volvo and not PSA, that stereotype may have been more obvious.

my 1991 Toyota Crown has a factory refrigerator in the back seat. that and a rear cigar station with another lighter, ashtrays etc but thats never used anymore

its just for storing extra tapes user.

Lmao, that's tractor technology

The HUD in the S13

If you think arabs are white, sure

switch to spray windshield washer fluid onto the intercooler

How do you beat a tiny motorcycle as a whacky car accessory.

we had one of those bricks. Loved that thing. Wish we never sold it.

They were a huge thing during the oil crisis.
Many brands did the same thing.

My Lada had 5 Rubles jammed between the dashboard and a panel to stop it wobbling.

Holy shit clean your car you dirty spic

I tried to find a pic with 50 kopeyek coins under the windshild rubber, but this one is even better.

My mazda has an altimeter, I like it

A tachometer is not a speedo.

Looks more like +200 m to me senpai.