*blocks your path*

*blocks your path*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ffwLmjw-6cg
youtube.com/watch?v=9LsuNWjRaAo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh shit, I have to wait 60 seconds, woe be to me

Not when you're late to work and they decide to shunt a mile long consist.

You’ve clearly never lived by tracks, I’ve had to wait 20 minutes before. And these fuckers malfunction a lot where I live (yes it is a shithole) which means more waiting for the imaginary train to pass

It's different for everyone, the crossing I drive through every day is on a high speed line and I never wait more than 60 seconds.

>It's different for everyone

He is right. There are no trains in my country.

Only a mile.

I've blocked 5 crossings with a 2 mile long train. Stopped to change an air hose. Which means I spent a hour just walking the train to find and fix the leak

>not being happy to stop driving for a few minutes and watch a neat-ass train go by

>4 tracks
>one crossing
>if those lights start flashing you're guaranteed to be stopped for at least 5 minutes
last time i just didnt stop, fuck that crossing

What the fuck are these trains even carrying? I'll wait at a railroad crossing at 2 AM for 15 minutes for one of these motherfuckers to eventually pass and I'll keep wondering what the hell are those motherfuckers carrying to be that damn long, loud, and slow?

This man is right. Some people get out of their way to look at bitching trains, and I can see it for free

Ford has 2 plants here in Louisville.
The closest plant to where I live is the escape plant. So they werent hiring. The truck plant was, so at 25 miles away.
Ive got two big railyards to get past.

Even worse. The trains have gotten so long. That they constantly taxi the engine up and down the railroad. Blocking traffic. To divide the segments up.

1/3rd of the time. The train stops.

lol this, if there's no gate, and even if there is, i'll cross if there's enough time

Have you ever thought how strong these trains are? Bet your truck can't pull that much cargo

They're pretty good on fuel too. A semi truck gets like ~8mpg towing it's load and a train gets ~66mpg towing the same weight. enginelets btfo.

One thing that i think about a lot is how often these do these things malfunction

They don't malfunction, those are just ghost trains triggering them.

And people in their f-150's think that 8 mpg while pulling 10,000 lbs is good.

chuck some chicken wire fencing over the tracks and you'll set off the gates
also you'll hold up trains for as long as its there

>living in a country where you can legally get fired instantly on the spot for no reason

USA, not even once.

The beginning of this episode still gives me shivers

youtu.be/ffwLmjw-6cg

Oh you know. literally fucking anything? steel, concrete, ore, fuel, milk, propane, coal, animals, and on and on. hundreds, or even thousands of tons of the shit.

its the 2nd cheapest form of transporting goods for weight per kilometer, only thing cheaper is ships.

>be me
>live in small rural town
>used to be a farm town
>literally farmers brought their grain to the river where there was a mill
>so naturally they set up a train station to ship out all the milled grain
>double set of tracks still in place
>CN Rail figured they'd just keep using the town as a switching station for the next 90 years
>EVERY OTHER FUCKING DAY I HAVE TO WAIT FOR TWO TRAINS TO SHUFFLE
>LITERALLY FASTER TO DRIVE 5 MILES OUT OF TOWN AND AROUND THE OUTSKIRTS THAN IT IS TO WAIT

Fuck. At least it will keep minorities out, they would never tolerate that.

>Living somewhere that doesn't have a shortcut for this.
Why live where it's fucking flat.

Mountain region Master race.

How do you monitor leakdown on a train? Overall brake pressure or multiple sensors?

My place of work has only one road that goes to it because it's on a peninsula.
That road, has a double rails crossing it and there is no other way to get across.

Thankfully usually the trains go by fast. Last summer though, all of our customers got stuck at our resteraunt for abou 2 extra hours because a train broke down right in front of the tracks.

Air Flow Meathod

A meter for cubic feet per minute in the engine. If you have more than 60 cfm, you have excessive leakage.

Just be glad its not this train

youtube.com/watch?v=9LsuNWjRaAo

Just a tiny baby fine if you get caught doing this.

gun it

baller, haven't seen this in years.

That's a pretty high standard but being able to stop is probably a good thing.

Do you check for hot axle bearings when you walk the train or is that automated nowadays?

Both.

There's a fucking train that comes through my town at 5:30 AM every day, and blocks your path for at least 15-20 minutes. I almost lost my job because of this shit.