Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Tekken World Tour Announced
tk7.tekken.com/news/tekken-world-tour-announced
>Ultimate Tekken Bowl trailer
youtu.be/-BaJENh1Irs
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>New Panel Art as Free DLC
gematsu.com/2017/07/tekken-7-teams-renowned-artists-game-panel-art-due-free-dlc-september
>Eliza and Taiko no Tatsujin DLC
siliconera.com/2017/07/28/eliza-taiko-no-tatsujin-dlc-join-tekken-7

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>T7 Character Information Compilation
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/412kn4
youtube.com/user/rkaekw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wish katarina was good. I think her harrier stance is fly as fuck

Mishima

poal.me/412kn4
Leo is a ___

broken character

How is this ninja not a round down for waiting until halfway through a round to say his buttons arent working. There's a goddam button check on character select.

made it to warrior feelsgoodman whorerang final boss

How do your buttons not work? Bullshit

>lose to some dumb string ive never seen before until i figure out how to punish it
>rinse and repeat for literally every match

how many years before this game gets fun

playing kazuya is really rough
feels like hes missing moves

fighting games are never fun user

Nothing gets better for retards

That's just mishimas. They get wave dash memes but not much else

You are supposed to learn stuff and get better instead of perpetually losing to the same thing.

Even if you played against a new character every game by the time you come around to the first character again you shouldn't be seeing anything new to gimmick you.

it seems as though you did not fully read the post you responded to, please try again

>killing paul with leo's mini-deathfist
i love it

I usually play heihachi and he has pretty much everything you'd want, aside from maybe a normal hopkick

Well heihachi is really good

Honestly I'm so fucking frustrated I don't even know what to do. I just recently got to Yellow and I'm just now noticing how much better at the game I need to get. I picked up some easy characters to get some better fundamentals but all I keep getting beat by Grandmaster and Brawler scrubs. I'm not much better but I can only cringe every time I lose to yet another Asuka, Ling, or Dragunov.

reply to previous thread

A secondary character is highly suggested. While it is true that when you stick to one character you learn the game exponentially faster, you're more resilient of a player, you perform better etc. at a certain point you get burned out on playing the same character.

This is when you want to start learning a secondary main in the same way you learned your first one, by going through the moves and slowly acquiring a basis for the character. Then, when you go back to your old main you will play 10x better, for some reason. Partly because you're refreshed but also since you learned continuously about the game you return to your old main with a new set of skills, more crisp timing. It is highly suggested so that you won't get burnt out. That said if you take time away from your main, you will probably be a bit rustier, but I think only negligibly so. For example when I returned to Sergei after learning a second main, I could do his 10 hit combo more consistently.

Different reply
He (Sergei Dragunov) is still tough to beat, don't get me wrong. But characters in Tekken aren't designed to be nice and friendly to each other. They are designed to frustrate the opponent.

You have to respect Sergei's dash attacks because they are fast and knockdown and are safe. And the triple dash one (Russian Assault) hits grounded opponents. The double dash one can be converted into a throw as well. I read somewhere that, basically, when Sergei is on the offensive it's hard to get out, but if he is on the d he himself struggles. But he has parries and shit which are noob but hardly anyone chickens. I still enjoy rushing people down as Sergei, and I hardly use launchers, only his uf3 iirc which is a hopping punch which has a little juggle state.

>losing to gm and brawler as yellow
you sound really fundamentally unsolid

I did and that's why I put in the second line.

He can even go to practice and learn a character at his own discretion.

90% of everyones moves responding with stand block and jab punish works. Then you can move up your punishers until you get blocked. No frame data or icky learning required.

The only things you have to worry about are reactable lows, + on block moves, and strings that can open you up while standing. There usually aren't many good ones either.

I learned the game as Nina. So I got pretty far without needing anything other than Execution. So now that I'm playing characters based more on Fundamentals I'm just getting irritated that it feels like I don't have the tools to stop the memes I've seen time and time before. It's so mentally tasking to play against Asuka for example because literally any fuckup means I lose the round or the game from a launch. With Nina I could pressure people before they had time to even think about doing party shit.

Anybody watching summer jam on twitch right now? These players are horrible, it's insane.

>don't have the tools to stop fundamentals
>fundamentals are memes
Go

Solid advice. Thanks.
1-5: Secondary Nina
6-0: Secondary Master Raven.

yeah i imagine its really hard to get used to not mashing a bunch of unsafe shit that most people dont know how to fight in favor of more commonly seen things

>buy Tekken 7 since the cover promised an epic conclusion to the Mishima saga
>the story mode was beyond garbage
>arcade mode is bare bones
>treasure battle gets old fast
>online takes years of studying frame data and learning every character before you can rack up wins

Yes I know I am a retard for buying a fighting game for the single player content but god fucking damn is this game a step back from the older titles.

I had a dream that Lucky Chloe exclusively used axe kicks.

1. You're really implying
2. Twisting my words around isn't the way you win a "discussion"
Are you Lucifer or some shit?

Lmao you're the mashing tard getting upset at fundamentals. Go away

you can always go online and mash dumb shit and not give a fuck like most players

>Yes I know I am a retard for buying a fighting game for the single player content but
>but
No but.

>Mashing a whole bunch of Unsafe shit that people don't know how to defend
>Gee I wonder how to WS2 punish
>Gee I wonder how to block
>Gee I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about
A good Nina is definitely scary, but you sound like you're talking out your ass.

Doesn't really do it for me, might as well just stick to treasure battles if I'm not going to give a fuck

It's much better to not play just a secondary but straight up as many characters as you can.

Well firstly because it's an immense help for even fighting said character. You'll understand gimmicks better, you'll understand frame data better, you'll understand the choices they make better.

Secondly you'll find that characters are vastly similar but have little differences across them. You'll learn fundamentals this way because you will have to have a solid base to play more and more characters.

Thirdly you'll find out which tools you like. Ch fishing? Poking? 50/50 game? Whiff punishing? Set up play? Etc etc

Most Koreans play the whole roster as do most top players. It seems that only westerners limit themselves to a main or a select base of characters. Rip for example plays law and some Paul. He's one of America's top players but he doesn't compare much to some Koreans. Daddyking/Lumen Reber is my favorite Korean player and he plays the whole roster 100% at a high level. These are 2 extreme examples but I believe daddyking is far more superior than Rip just because Rip limits himself to specializing Law.

Currently I play 8 characters at a level where I can fight anyone with them and feel comfortable. Some are better than others. I aim to eventually play the whole roster and try my best to bring them to vanquisher/genbu. I believe there are more benefits in playing more characters than I listed but there can only be positivity gained from playing more characters than one.

>Doesn't do anything other than imply implications
>Insult and try to play it off with "lmao"
>Low IQ
Everything checks out

I don't owe you anything. Just drop the game like you were going to anyway

id be in denial too thinking i was decent since i got to yellow but oh wait you cant even beat blues and greens with another character but wait all that shit you quoted literally applies to all characters?????? hmmmmmmmmm

>Daddyking/Lumen Reber
Literal who

There was a pretty good Nina there, don't know his name. Fab was also there.
Other than that they're mostly shit

No problem. Wish I could give good advice on more technical aspects, but I can only give good advice generally speaking. I defer to youtubers for more technical stuff.

Actualy how some palyers stoped dragunovs fff+2 was using dash attack of their own, sometimes powercrush or otherwise crushy & fast.

learn to chicken to bait out universal parries

>having your whiff punished is party shit
Can't make this shit up

I used to play Mokujin in the previous games. He was so much fun. I'll never forgive Harada for not including him in 7 at launch

>It's Kazuya/Paul/Leo
>Guess wrong and get 50/50'd
gg ez kid

Here dude

youtube.com/user/rkaekw

He's famous in the Korean community for his commentary while playing. Even tho i don't understand Korean, I learn A LOT from his gameplay. Since he plays everyone u get to see how his tactics change running up the ranks all the way from blue to purple/gold.

I don't play PC but I believe he should be one of the top players in ranked right now.

Right as tag 2 ended he had a ft10 with knee and lost 10/9. He's also had long sets with jdcr and was able to keep up. He's great!!

u dont need frame data or any such shit to go stomping online. you need to learn one character and some fundamentals and thats it. Because you only need to outsmart the opponent once to win a round. Find a character you like, learn him, start stomping. It's really that simple. Frame data is helpful but not needed. You just need some bread and butter shit and good execution at first. Don't expect to win 100% of the time either because you can still get outsmarted.

I think you should have a main. There's just too much depth, matchup specific stuff, situational combos and whatnot to play everyone when you're trying hardest to win. Plus you won't have the muscle memory for those clutch situations. Sure, play everyone a little bit to learn more about them but you won't do well in tournaments like that.

>Caster calling Leo a woman
lel

A huge part that you're missing is character unfamiliarity. It wouldn't be a stretch to say you were the only Nina that all of your opponents have fought. Pressing buttons against Dragunov #1649 is a lot easier and more comfortable compared to pressing buttons some character you've never seen before just doing stuff.

Now is this your fault? Of course not. It's actually a good thing since this is a competitive game, but it could be the reason for all your frustration.

Main or not I feel like you should seriously play everyone before landing on a main. I've played Bryan as a main for a long time. Thousands and thousands of games but these days I find Leo to fit more of a "main" discription. And I only played ~150 games with her. Just because her play style and tools have given me what I want in a character. But still I wouldn't identify with Leo as my main because currently I have none.

>Her b3 crushes lows and is super awkward to punish unless it's blocked deep
>Her lows sweeps crush highs and mids
>F2 crushes highs while also being unreactable
>Panic parry after she does a string
>Great armor move
>Great panic moves in general
I cannot believe people think Asuka is in any way shape or form not obnoxious to play against. On top of all the bullshit she has its criminal how much damage she does especially with a wall.

If you've been playing Tekken since Tekken 3 then it might be ok to play a lot of characters but imo you should always have one main guy who you try to learn all his moves good and bad, safe \unsafe. You get more fulfillment out of the game and if you know every character at a cursory glance, someone with even a little knowledge of a character will be able to wipe the floor with you.

Plus for some people this is their first Tekken. You and I have probably been playing for awhile so we have already a ton of hours playing as Hwoarang, Eddy Gordo, Jin, Steve etc. For someone like me trying all the characters is less of an ordeal than a new player. And I still try to stick to 1-2 characters because I prefer to learn them completely. That said you could be right. At least for match ups it is a good idea to try each character. From my experience though you are more resilient when you stick to one character since you have a variety of options at different ranges.

idk that i agree with sinking most of your time into one character as a lot of charas in this game have the same types of moves (by the frames) and its especially good to try out the more unorthodox characters so you know what they do as well

I think countering Russian Sickle\Assault with dash attacks is a great idea. But I don't see many players utilizing dash attacks as much as Sergei. But yeah I agree stuffing his dash attacks with a better timed\spaced dash attack is what I would do. That said a good Sergei player could switch to his double dash left kick which has more range and is slower. I'm no expert though. Dash attacks imo are under utilized.

conversely if you guess right you win the round basically

not sure what the problem is

Asuka is not good. Go cry elsewhere

Maybe against Paul, but Leo is not realy that risky.

She has complete trash block punishers and no pressure. She has to rely on crushing and whiff punishing which is hard if your opponent has a brain and doesn't just throw shit out for fun. Her pressure is terrible and everything she does is slow so she is very weak when she is down on life. You can just turtle against her.

asuka is actually decent? not whine worthy but pretty good

>>Great armor move
Duck.

Asuka's damage is pretty average.

>see a lee style on some people
>hop into practice mode and look for some combos involving mist step
nah no thanks, would rather play nina

would asuka be good pocket character for a lili main?

>promo match against jin
>win
>next game is another promo for me and a demo for him
>win
>loose something like 5 straight
>promo for him
>win
>doesn't go for the revenge match
Why do I always play better when salt is on the line.

Triple barcode asuka I don't want to play you anymore t.yoshimitsu

0-4 Kazuya
5-9 Heihachi

If you can do Nina's shit Lee will be ezpz for you

grandpa a best tekken

I'm 16dan and this game is still the same fucking shit as in blue ranks. People just press whatever buttons regardless of what the other player is doing until its over one way or the other.

So fucking boring. I thought it would be better by now.

look up how to do a chicken

universal parry is a noob move and learning to chicken will make it a non-issue.

complaining about a universal parry is really noob. Punch only\specific side parries are a dangerous though because you cant chicken them.

>try to pick up Bob to be a hipster
>80% of his movelist is worthless gimmicky strings that don't combo and aren't actual mixups

am i missing something here

Don't worry Bob is well ROUNDED character.

SPEED

Most characters' strings aren't true combos.

AND

wait

what platform?

because the person is too frustrated to be able to focus on fundamentals, whereas a unsalty opponent you need to beat much more honestly, which can be very tough

Saying universal parries suck because of chickens is like saying grabs suck because you can break them.

>15-fight deathmatch with a Xiaoyu with whom I was more or less evenly skilled
>only end it because I really have to take a dump

Fuck, that was the first time I've had actual FUN in this game for a while. I'd like to thank that Xiaoyu on the off chance that you're in here.

show u better than i can tell you bruv man gigas is sikc character bruv you know what im saying this isa basicguide notadvanced ohmydayss

>Having fun against a xiaoyu

They must have been terrible

You must be terrible

perhaps you're right but that guy who first posted said that he has no problem playing 8 characters but that's because he's already been playing those characters for 10 years since Tekken 3 most likely. I think if you really like a character time sinking into them is not a bad idea. You can still try the other characters in a cursory way but at the same time you can compete with people a little by having a more resilient playstyle on your main. And having a secondary character is good too so you don't get burnt out. And slowly expand out. That's how I prefer to do it but I've been playing Tekken since 3 so a lot of the more superficial things i'm familiarized with already. I've already played a ton of Hwoarang, and Steve playing with them I'm not half bad even if I don't main them. That's how I prefer to learn the game and it works for me. Perhaps for a nooby it would be better to try each character and learn the game that way, but I think you learn faster when you sink into one character.

Yeah I pull out some Dragunov bullshit to get them shook.

>whom
whom'st

whom'st've'd

kek

yea a brain lmao

Behind one door is your waifu/husbando. Behind one door is an ancient, agelessTekken master who will train you for as long as you want him to. And behind one door is Kazuya, ready to hellsweep you.

Do you choose to open a door?

mid

Anybody else getting communication errors mid match and getting sent back to the main menu? Its been happening to me for a little while and I don't see anybody else talking about it

2 of the doors are Kazuya?

once you learn to chicken universal parries are literally useless whereas throws will always have a place as a fundamental mix up that will land if the opponent is too afraid to press buttons. If you are so concerned about the Asuka match up you can chicken all your attacks.

The idea of Kazuya come flying out of a door like a beyblade is funny enough for me to risk it.

>no one mentioning the silver fire hydrant

I have intermittent connection errors, yes. More often than I used to. I've also had a few disconnects on the screen which shows the opponent and the stage which I sort of assumed were the other player pulling the plug when they saw Eliza, whom I'm trying to learn