American Sports Cars

>cheap
>some dirt cheap
>V8s
>huge part support
>some parts even cheaper but made of chinesium
>support from hundreds of thousands of small businesses specializing in them dotting across america
>interiors so cheap and basic you wont feel bad gutting it
>can make into a car that either takes turns, goes down 1320 faster than anyone, or just overtakes on the highway
>will actually lead to a good relationship with your dad

Why dont you fucking have one yet

Way ahead of you op

inb4 a bunch of autists spouting stock power figures and laptimes.

Teslafags and production hypercarfags brag about the 1/4 mile times those cars achieve when women are building quicker cars in their garage.

I've got it covered already.

This is going to piss someone off, but I much prefer my high revving Jap shitbox.

fox bodies are the best

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE

I was in the dealership 18 months ago looking at new Mustangs.

But I live in Ontario, where it's absolute SHIT winter 6-7 months of the year, then garbage spring 1-2 months, and we get maybe 4 months of nice driving weather.

If I could afford two cars I would have my current DD and a Mustang. But I can't, and I didn't want to buy a shitbox for the winter since I'd be driving it more than half the year.

I'll get a Mustang some day, but it'll probably be an older one as a toy.

I know what you mean

That's an Australian car though. Shouldn't be in this thread.

We can pretend it's a pontiac gto

*upgraded fox coming through*

I'll take that beautiful LX off your hands then. How much?

I got 7 months dd'ing pic related, do you live in North Ontario?

Germany here.

I really wish we had cheap american sports cars here. Our selection of used cheap sports car all come at a cost. I can get a slightly used Mercedes or BMW for a great price, but its usually an earlier model, around the 2006 era. In the USA I could get something like a used 2015 Camaro SS for like 35k. There is a reason why the Mustang GT is the best selling sports car in Europe. Euro to Euro, or dollar to dollar, nothing gets you more value than an American sports car. I guess if I had to say the biggest down side is the interior is pretty shitty, but the performance you get evens it out.

With Mustangs it's not that bad. If you get past the cheap plastic, some of design cues are downright gorgeous, like the steering wheel and front center panel layout.

They're garbage. I had more fun in a 100hp Civic than I did in any Mustang, Camaro, or muscle car.

i like cars that go over 6500 rpm

Ayyy

Honda knew how to make their cars fun to drive. Who cares about power when the rest of the car is bad?

Why?

My 99 cobra goes over 6800rpm no problem. It got dyno'd to stop making power at 6750ish.

Fuel cutoff being 7200 is kind of a pain with that. But, stock it makes power at 6000rpm and whines out to 6800 redline.
I mean l know thats a lil older and most people think of rustangs these days as 5-5.8k rpm torquers but thats not the thing today.

Even pushrod LS things, not just ford dual overhead cammers, are getting to 6500-7000 easily.

In fact. Its not rare to see some fuckhead with too much cam and head revving and banging his turbo 302 at 7200rpm.
Sadly with lots of work though.

>Needing revs to make power
Torquelet detected

>get built 350 bottom end
>rev it out to 8 grand
>have absolutely no problem
>5500 stall

Fuck with me torquelets

>5500 stall
>automatic
is this bait?

No but it is a drag only car. 1/8th

Horsepower is the figure that matters.
Period.
You can make up for low revs by having heaps of torque, but horsepower is the actual work, torque is a measure of force.
But you can't just rev to make power, if the torque is gone it's gone.

There are literally thousands of combinations for small blocks.
The torque will always be made almost always 1ft/lb per cubic inch. For even shitty ass factory setups.

Getting that to 1.5hp/cid isnt even had. From sbfs to bbcs to lts.
Doing isnt even outrageous.

They dont even have to rev to make that power. You and I both know torque can be so enormous that simply doing 1rpm with x amount of torque can put out horsepower cars can never reach.

Which is why displacement will always win, even in arguments about weight and space. The power is obviously too important to ignore and thats why the industrial revolution even happened.

To make 1hp @ 1rpm you need to be making 5252 lb ft.
I wasn't part of this thread at all, I think if you reread my post you'd see I'm probably more agreeing with you than anything.

Im actually kinda jerking off to big huge steam engines right now.

>the actual rotational force an engine can produce is an irrelevant measure
>the function of work that requires torque to first be measured is more important
k

American sports cars are awesome if you live in america, otherwise parts and cost are stupidly expensive for what they are

Lets see yours OP

Same with Australian cars
>rwd
>reliable
>easy to work on
>v6, i6, turbo i6 and v8 options
>cheap to buy

>he doesn't want low end torque

Already ahead of you OP. I recently sold off my 944 because I needed something a bit more reliable, cheaper, and easier to work on. Somehow, I ended up with this thing as my daily. I miss my crazy German mechanical grip and balance, but hektik skidds in any weather and super torque is fun too.

Took her out to the track last weekend while it was nice out. Foxbodies are the best.

I wouldn't call it beautiful right now but I'll take $4k :^)

>gargantuan running costs from registration and fuel alone
>horrid visibility and complete garbage to park
>make you look like a tasteless ameriboo clown
>horrid interiors with cheap materials and crooked assembly somehow painted as an upside when can get quality used European tourers for the same price as a used mursle crrrr here
Also I pity you if you need something like this to form a good relationship with your dad.

You're wrong

About what?

That last one is false. I asked my dad to build one with me, even offered to pay, and he told me to fuck off.

Literally everything it's as if you've never heard of a Mercury Lynx

Honestly if I didn't have my car deep in a project I would have gave you 3500 since I have to get it back ;P

>Ameriboo
>in America
Choose one.

I honestly want to sell it but selling it seems like such a damn hassle. Plus I want to see it go to someone who will treat it well and not let it sit like me. Maybe once I start me new job and make almost twice as much I'll have money to fix it up like I always wanted

>accidently chirp your tires
>car gets crushed under the anti hoon laws

Fuck off Bruce. btw australia doesn't have any cars. GM and Ford just lets you design shit for us.

Already have one

Nice cars. Having no garage is not really acceptable though.

>tfw the v8 swap wasn't as difficult and costly as I expected.

Paid $2k for the original car. Sold it last year tho. Miss that car. :(

>high revving
>light
>fun in the twisties
>look gud

japanese cars are too fun. V8 appeal is pretty high to me though, maybe one day ill pick up a fox body or 3rd gen firebird since they're the only american cars that aren't ugly to me

How good would a 90s mustang or camaro be as an autocross or track car? What mods would make it into one?

Wouldn't be fantastic but good enough. Mainly because of the live rear axle. The cobras started getting IRS at some point.

Mainly just losing weight and tires.

Good car if there are commies in the vicinity.

I would fuck that car

You’ll save over 100 lbs in a complete suspension overhaul. It ain’t exactly cheap but it’s worth it.

thats a lot of Soyboyaru's

Glad you showed em what an American Classic can do

They can crush your car in Australia? That sounds gay as fuck.

no you can't fuck off it's ours cunt

Fuck you cunt, we made it first.

Only if youre a repeat offender hoon.
Its at a judges discretion.

rip

Got it covered

>99 cobra
Nice post pics.

>not Cletus BBQ (867-5309)

F-body is king. Especially the 4th gens with the SLA front suspension (compared to macpherson struts on 3rd gens or Mustangs). The amount of aftermarket suspension parts on them is huge. Don't listen to these Jeremy Clarkson wannabe cunts about the solid rear end. Torque arm suspension back there works great, vastly superior to the Mustang 4 link.

some nice fox bodies up in here. am i the only person on the planet that actually prefers the full GT package - brick wall tail lights and all - to the LX?

The stylings great. The weight is not, plus it restricts airflow/cooling a lil too much.

How's that thing handle looks like you've got it lowered, probably hugs those corners really well