Self-driving delivery car thread

ITT the cars you which will be most numerous on the road in 20 years

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v5VLUbHYQes
independent.co.uk/news/world/paris-copenhagen-oxford-ban-petrol-diesel-cars-emissions-pollution-nitrogen-dioxide-a8000596.html
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Chiraq
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37323969
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kinda cute desu

>flip it over and steal everything
heh nothing personel cuck

I can totally see nogs stealing from these things for a living in major cities. They'll have to mount a rubber bullet turret on it or something.

> a gun pops out and shoots you

USA USA

>US
>Civilized
pick one

In 20 years I think delivery drones might be more of a thing

>destroyed in Philadelphia
What the hell were they expecting? Brotherly love?

>the cars you which will be

>delivery boxes clogging the roads driving 5 under speed limit

> tesla truck

contributing

pizza bot

pizza bot

20 years m8? By that time there will ONLY be self-driving cars on the road. Real driving will only be for hobbyists and will be confined to closed tracks.

maybe in cucked Europe, but it'll never be the case in America

If anything, it'll be the case in the USA before Europe. You can't even sell a new car without ten airbags and a backup camera in the land of the free anymore, and the diesel scandal was first brought up there.

Uh, pretty sure Europe is going to ban cars within 20 years actually

[citation needed]

>they are incapable of road rage
>they can not call the cops, because you have a right to face your accuser
>ride motorcycle
>go around them

Man, this looks exactly like that scene of I, robot

Just in terms of energy for mass transport, I always figured cars would have the edge over anything which flies.

I want it to be reality as soon as possible. All the faggots will be off the roads and I can hoon in massive empty parking lots.

>Not designing it so I can have one person passenger accommodation for security.
>yfw security guard was monitoring you and was prepared for an attack.
>yfw your shitbox gets disabled via well placed shots to the engine.
Your time is over edgy teen.

in soviet russia, the amazon prime locker comes to you

*laughs in 'Merican*
youtube.com/watch?v=v5VLUbHYQes

pizza bot

>Top row of lockers only for customers 8ft tall

>Implying anything short of a rifle can penetrate a cast block
The dxp isn't self driving in the slightest
Or is it able to complete a delivery

independent.co.uk/news/world/paris-copenhagen-oxford-ban-petrol-diesel-cars-emissions-pollution-nitrogen-dioxide-a8000596.html

The last thing I want is a bored human witness inside when I inevitably break a traffic law (double yellow, speed limit, shoulder driving, lane use, etc) to pass one of those things because I don't want to go down my empty, but flat and visible backroad that has zero intersections so it's basically a section of track at the speed limit of 30mph.

>flip it over and steal everything
If it has small tires, it will be easily blocked by movable obstacles. But more likely, other cars will simply stop in front of it and it will be boxed in. Someone will quickly jam a chain and cinderblock through the hole in the rims and it will be unable to move on.

These self-driving delivery vehicles cannot survive Chiraq. There's more killed in black-dominated Chicago than in the War in Iraq. Once delivery zones are known, they can get staked out unless the algorithm has it making random inefficient driving route choices to prevent prediction.

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Chiraq

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37323969

You probably break traffic laws everyday with dozens of bored witnesses around and it's not like it makes a difference

>Not having a vehicle rifle.
If people aren't going to be stop by a person watching with a hand gun. You can bet they will start having them have rifles.

>bots get knockout all the time
>stop delivering to those zones
>wypipo be rayciss

*shits in pizza compartment*

you know which robot is really cheap and does all of those things?
a fucking human.

t. luddite

>>they can not call the cops, because you have a right to face your accuser

why do people think this is still a law?

These self-driving cars will only be used on the milk run type deliveries. So this claim that they will be numerous won't be correct as it cannot deliver to a doorstep.

Instead of robots, your car is attacks by a bunch of organic gluten free tofu vegan circle breads (calling them pizzas will be racist)

>I sell concept cars, I am a visionary
>t. Musk

never ever

Huemans are fucking expensive and inefficient. You have to raise the piece of shit for 18 years and hope it doesn't come out autistic or retarded.

>What Robots?

THE GOD DAMN ROBOTS JOHN

Cute!

We still allow people to ride horses and buggies on the road in the US so long as they have a slow moving vehicle sign you fucktard. The worst that will happen is that licensing will become more like it is in Europe (which would probably be an improvement) and we'd have to deal with higher insurance prices vs people who opt for self driving cars.

I think the bigger problem in general with any kind of legislation like that is that no government or corporation is going to subsidize a new car for every single American or even every single car that predates OBD2 assuming universal retrofit kits become a thing. Boomers are still by and large the single biggest voting block in the county, and there's a whole hell of a lot of them (including other rich GenX+ individuals) who like their old classic cars and more specifically like driving themselves.

Between these economic and political factors I don't see self-driving being mandatory for the next 100 years. There's simply too much money in cars specifically designed to be driven by wealthy people and too little money to upgrade 100s of millions of people, let alone by force.

I don't think insurance in general will go up for non-self driving, but I do think it could go down. Self-driving cars if anything once they proliferate will get a lot of people metaphorically off the road. First rich people, then eventually people who really shouldn't be or would rather not be driving themselves around. Because the automated tech right now is already better than your average human we'll end up with a net decrease in the number of human operators and overall the risk of accidents will decrease if you ask me.

>Cross-Canada
>Started in the U.S.

>what is reading comprehension
The bot did a cross-canada tour in 2014 and it went just fine. When they tried doing a cross-usa tour it got destroyed two weeks into the undertaking because you're uncivilized, illiterate fucks.

nothing but soy milk falls out

>The bot did a Cross-Canada tour and it went just fine.
>When they tried doing a Cross-USA tour it got destroyed two weeks into the undertaking
Superior Jeans

>no government or corporation is going to subsidize a new car
It will if Reparations come to pass. Part of Reparations is education and transportation for those that are part of why BLM exists.

>You have to raise the piece of shit for 18 years and hope it doesn't come out autistic or retarded.
One solution for those people is to claim to be disabled and apply for social security In effect, that is an "early retirement" drawing money out without ever having paid much into the system. If they want revenge upon whites or the rich, encouraging family members and friends to regularly use expensive entitlement programs is the way to do it.

Will these small vehicles just be used as demonstrators at first? That means limited use only to certain locales.

>Self-driving delivery car
All sort of "risky" innovations are being developed. The problem is that all of these things depend on the existence of BIG BROTHER type technology. The self-driving delivery car is one example as it will tap into the environment.

Amazon recently rolled out its "no checkout register" self-service store in Seattle which sells dry goods, drinks, food items, and pre-made meals. Grab the items, pack them up, and then leave the store. People setup an account first, and everything that people carry out will be automatically registered by the system and charged to that account. Right now, it is limited to Amazon employees as a test. Will that store be shoplifter resistant?

Are you sure it's not because we're alpha?

>canadian
>oh, i'd hate to do something bad to this, it has a smiley face eh. i'd feel bad about that eh. oh, i bumped into it. soory.
>AMERICAN (FUCK YEAH)
>what do they take us for, children? we do not play with such toys. this looks like a garbage can, and so...

Serves that robot right for being a god damned canadian

Looks like a regular truck with silly body panels

hitchbot took a picture of its surroundings every 20 minutes, and was as such, a violation of our freedoms. it had to be destroyed.

>letting canadians put surveillance devices in your country