/ink/ - splatoon general

Last thread: - Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Splatoon 2 Map Rotation: splatoon2.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- Splat Brella is released
- Mayo won the Splatfest in all regions!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy
> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0
> S2 New weapon stats
- imgur.com/a/NFzgv

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> View Nintendo switch online services on your PC
- github.com/OatmealDome/LoungeChair/releases/tag/v1.0.6422.34538

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> List of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Does /ink/ still hate weapons like the krakon roller, luna blaster, e-liter, dynamo roller, and tentakek in Splatoon 2 like they did in the first game?

Pic somewhat related

all of those except the tentatek have been nerfed effectively

the meta is totally different now, comparing them is not a thing

I love these little moments

i like this game

anyone up for salmon run?

i like you user

Pro?

So are any of them crutches now?

Post outfits that white squids can't pull off

If you're a Profreshional
1418-5835-8201

Luna is crap now since its ink consumption was roughly doubled, e-liter's been dinged somewhat now that Kraken isn't a thing, and dynamo roller is quite possibly one of THE worst rollers now.

Sent and ready

>Run speed works when holding bella shield

Neat.

Room is open.

>tentakek

Getting rid of suction bombs and inkzooka did nothing, it's still obnoxious, except now the vanilla one is just as obnoxious too

>tfw in a league group i get up to 2250 power and usually second on splats, against s+x teams
>in solo ranked i can't break s, i just downrank to a then rank back up and repeat

i don't get it
why

How do they make ink?

sweat-like secretions

Ink sac in their bodies, secreted by their skin and collected in the tank on their backs for use in weapons.

oh user i have a crush on you

What, people hate vanilla now also?

Oh yeah, in one of the stages Marie mentions that inklings are oily.

So there's that

Marie wants to know if your armpits are inking

Buying this game tomorrow, can someone explain ranked to me?

They're made out of ink, aren't they?

If you win a lot in ranked, you go up in rank
If you lose a lot, you go downin rank
There are three different game modes for ranked, it switches out regularly so you have short windows to try ranking up
You get a lot more XP for wins in ranked than in turf war

>When night falls, I spam "This way!" near the basket in case glowflies swarm
>Night falls, I don't bother this time because it hasn't been happening recently
>Glowflies swarm
>Spam the voice command like mad
>We get swarmed and wipe with 1 egg collected because everyone spread out
Fuck sakes, stay near the basket at first on night waves.

Only people who hate any of the default Splattershots are just baddies

if youre good you skip, if you do ok you skip, if youre bad the you dont skip, if you hit S rank when you suck you got carried and youre a failure to splatoon, therefore you need to stay on turf war

How does it go from their skin to the tank?

>You get a lot more XP for wins in ranked than in turf war
Why doesn't that XP scale for higher ranks? Might as well stay low rank for easy XP, especially if you have drinks to use.

Does anyone know the source on this image? My googlefu is too weak

My friend and I joke that this is the one true Black Privilege, pulling off white and loud colors that make white/light people look like sickly clowns.

>Actually getting good with the Charger
Is there a better feel?

It does scale.

It does, you get 3000-4000 for knockouts at s+ depending on power level

haha

Only the money scales, not the XP. KOs are 1000+1500 in every rank from C- to S+.

>Getting the Splatling on a Glowfly wave

inkerton-kun

>bragging about being good with a crutch

>Daily Superbonus: Cash
JUST GIVE ME CHUNKS, GRIZZ.

>sucking at playing with a complicated weapon

Some post that drawing of a woomy peeing in a tank.

>Tri-Slosher Nouveau
>Splat Bomb & Autobomb Launcher

>Octobrush Nouveau
>Squid Beakon & Tenta Missiles

>Dapple Dualies Nouveau
>Toxic Mist & Ink Storm

>Sorella Brella
>Toxic Mist & Splat Bomb Launcher

>Custom Dualie Squelchers
>Splat bomb & Ink Armor

>Rapid Blaster Deco
>Suction Bomb & Inkjet

>N-ZAP '89
>Autobomb & Tenta Missiles

>Custom E-Liter 4K (Including Scope variant)
>Squid Beakon & Bubble Blower

Friendly reminder that all "crutch" weapons are getting buffed in the future by means of variants with superior sub and special weapons. Feed me your salt you cheeky scrublords, these weapons will stay relevant until the end of time

Advanced suction techniques. Or ask the tumblr or something.

It's the contrast, like cum on a chocolate bar.

>Charger
>a crutch
Does /ink/ actually call everything a crutch? I thought it was a meme.

Does the official tumblr even let you ask questions?

It is a meme.

Neo /ink/ calls everything a crutch. Too many newfags have joined ever since Splatoon 2. So yeah, expect the usual "LOL CRUTCH XD" poster.

No idea. Maybe their twitter or something.

Anyone calling a weapon a crutch can be ignored and accurately considered a shitter

Yup. Damn, I just wanna wear bright yellow and not look like a nasty mess.

Even 3000-4000 isn't much compared to the 5000-6500 you get with S+ in Splatoon 1.

Is it possible to reach S+ level through purely solo queue? I've sunk a ton of hours into S1, now I'm in S2 and getting stuck around A+ to S again. I'm wondering if I would see better growth if I played on a team or not.

Thanks!

I thought they didn't answer questions there, I assumed it was just like a mouthpiece for their announcements.

You kind of have to.

>Join match of turf war because I haven't played in a few days and want to try the new weapon
>7 rollers
what the fuck.

I imagine once more people start hitting S+40-50 with high power levels, really high bonuses will pop up.

Found the crutchbrush/crutchbucket main.

Seeing that League Battle doesn't actually change your rank, you don't have a choice in the matter.

If you mean League, that's a separate thing entirely and doesn't affect your rank whatsoever. You can only solo queue to raise your rank.

I still want an actual crutch that shoots ink as a weapon goddamn it

use your specials in salmon run anons

I don't mean literally becoming S+, I mean reaching the approximate skill level of an S+ player.

You'll get your Bamboozler back soon enough.

Nah man there's no better feeling than that charge up followed by the pop
Bonus points for when the entire enemy team starts hunting you down. No better feeling

Yes. Once you understand shooters more, you'll be able to hard carry S. I got something stupidly high like 75-85% win rates before S+.

S+ is a whole different ballgame, my winrate dropped all the way down to the high 50s-low 60s. If you're not carrying A, you don't want to reach S+ yet.

While everybody else doing their job for the day, post your woomy for when you finally have some offtime and can hit up the square.

Fuck guys, COLLECT EGGS

Huh... I think I just accidentally killed a Flyfish by smacking the Drizzler's missle into its remaining launcher... neat.

saving teammates>collecting eggs

it should be a variant of the brella that instead of shielding when you hold the ZR down, it shoots out a projectile that oneshots if it hits

Sorry that's my biggest weakness, I'm a special hog

This is situational. If we need like two eggs to reach quota, then collect the fucking eggs. If we hit quota, then start to save people and survive.

>tfw we beat the opposing team in RM in 30 seconds
>I grabbed it and ran while they were trying to kill my team
This mode is so polarizing. I feel euphoric, but had that shit happened to me I probably would have lost my shit

I DON'T PAY YOU KIDS TO PLAY PAINTBALL

GET BACK TO WORK

So how does Brella fare in the meta now? It was pretty fun running around last night in matches with 5 or more brellas but now it seems everyone's moved on. Personally I kinda like it, though ink consumption seems even greater than Dualie Squelchies.

Collecting eggs is the last step, never run eggs more than a few meters when the field is crowded.

That's way too broad of a question, there are a hundred specific things that you could probably improve on.

Is it still possible to camp with the Rainmaker in near-impossible to reach places for the opponent?

You don't pay us at all you dumb bear, you give us orbular lottery tickets as compensation instead.

RAPID BLASTER IS A CRUTCH FOR SHITTERS AND IF YOU USE IT PLEASE UNINSTALL

That's my point though. Surely being in a team would help me to improve, since I can get direct feedback.

please don't anger the boss!

I haven't eaten in days

I NEED MY TICKETS

Depends on their weapon, but probably not. The Rainmaker sucks now, and if they have the JS or a charger, they'll be able to reach you just about anywhere

Up the chain Mr. Grizz!

Nope. You go somewhere where it's hard for the other team to reach and the game will tell you to get moving and double the speed on your Rainmaker's self-destruct timer. When it hits zero it resets back to middle.

I'm sorry for that one guys I couldn't stingray them there was too much shooting at me

Not when you spend 3/4s of the match saving teammates and we only collect 5 eggs and we need 15 for the quota.

Crew Whip is always more dignified than Time out.

My 6 drink tickets from the superbonuses:
>2 swim speed up
>1 quick respawn
>1 special power up
>1 cold blooded up
>1 ink recovery up
Any of these actually good?

Ink recovery and Swim Speed are good on anything really.

ink recovery and swimspeed my dude

How close would Ninja Squid and 3 Swim Speed Up subs get me to normal swim speed?

Case in point that last game, We could have won if you all helped me collect the golden eggs NEAR THE BASKET in the final 15 seconds before the steel eel blocked the path.

GET YOUR HEADS IN THE GAME. The quote is what the game says +5 if you don't want to keep failing.

Ninja Squid practically needs 20 Swim Speed Up points to reach normal speed again. So that's two mains or 6-7 subs.