Car misconceptions you had as a kid

I thought this was a 4 door s13 because of the taillights. Also I thought all engines were in a V pattern

>thought all engines were V pattern
this
I thought that the cartoonish representation of a V8 was what all engines looked like and that more or less cylinders looked like bigger or smaller versions of that
also I don't know fwd existed
I don't think I thought about it but I probably would have guessed that every car was rwd because it made the most sense to me

Driving in the snow is super slippery and hard. Turns out it’s really not unless it’s over slush. Although cars disn’t have abs, traction control, or power anything back then.

>rwd
This, and I thought fwd was so much worse and slow.

I thought cars could go as fast as the speedometer tops out at

I thought all cars where RWD
I thought Mercedes, BMW, Audi were always faster than the other cars
I thought cars didn't need maintenance
I thought cars lasted forever
I thought cars didn't really need transmissions and the lever stick was used to select how fast the car should go

Growing up, there was this Korean family across the street and their son had one of those early-2000's Toyota Celicas. I thought it was the coolest fucking car.

Also, this chick down the street had a Mercury Cougar and I thought that was cool too.

I thought the OP was hetero

This
>Thought Integras were Jettas just because of Jesse's care in the fast and furious (the 2 circle headlights hurr durr)
>thought Impalas were Skylines
>thought big exhaust tips = fast car
Mind you I was 6 when our favorite ricer movie came out

I thought Lancer = Evo, so after playing NFS Underground my dream car was every shitted up rusty base spec Lancer I saw

I thought the RX7 in NFS Carbon that was always ahead of me in races was a Ford Taurus because of the tail lights. I remember thinking "cool! Mom's car! Two doors!!".

I thought old cars could only get radio stations that play "old people music" because my grandfather would always listen to the oldies station.

i used to ride with my dad in his shitbox corolla and i thought whenever he used his blinker it was a gps device telling him where to turn because it always came on right before he turned lol

This too

There are 2 kinds of people in this world.

1. Though that the more exhaust pipes a car had, the more boost power it had.

2. Goddamn liars

A lot of stuff was avoided by playing Gran Turismo and Colin McRae and the fact that my father played with me and explained shit about cars. But I thought that the Boxer engine is called a Boxster, because of the Porsche. Also thought that the RB26(I just knew it as the GT-R engine hence the confusion) is 2.9 liter engine because there is an engine displacement upgrade in Gran Turismo and after doing it, it showed that it was 28xx cc.
Anybody who says otherwise is a liar.
I used to go as a kid with friends an check out speedometers to see which was the fastest car on a parking lot.

Let's get it out the way right now. As a kid I thought Subaru was an Australian car company because of all the commercials featuring Paul Hogan.

I thought Nissan and Mazda were Chinese

>Speedometers rate the engine's maximum speed.

I used to think that Honda and Hyundai where the same brand because of how similar the names sound.

>Also I thought all engines were in a V pattern
the absolute state of americans

I thought all engines were mounted longitudinally. And when seeing European vans with their short noses I wondered how the engines fit in them.

Europoor actually

this

I thought the exhaust pipe pushed the car along like a jet engine, which is why fast cars have bigger exhaust pipes or more of them

>I thought Mercedes, BMW, Audi were always faster than the other cars

most people still think this if you ask them, at least in america

I also for a while thought these were skylines when I saw them in the dark

Whenever riding in the car I would gaze out the window and imagine a person was running alongside me and jumping over/ducking under/grinding on rails and power lines (like in Tony Hawk) Still do sometimes.