NOT EVEN A FUCKING WEEK

NOT EVEN A FUCKING WEEK
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a15947346/2019-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-vir-lap-record/

I guess the half million dollar, racing engineered, no compromises racecar driven by a pro driver got beat by a Corvette with a big blower and some engineer driving it lol. Should have had a V8 I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/571.209
dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/aside
fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O34116&languageCode=en&marketCode=US&viewTech=IE&chapterTitleSelected=G1827129&subTitleSelected=G1834964&topicHRef=G1834970&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=USA
thedrive.com/sheetmetal/18072/the-ford-gt-wont-go-for-any-official-lap-records
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not street legal
still relevant pfahahaahahaha

Not street legal, the only type of seatbelts a manufacturer can install in a vehicle are Type 1, Type 2 and Type 2a, a five point harness isn't street legal

law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/571.209

and btw Ford beat Chevy at the Daytona 24H lol

>gm fangirls faces rn
>"we were so close!"

So the harnesses on the ford gt make it not road legal I guess?
You can sell a car with whatever the fuck you want, as long as it also has a traditional seatbelt.

Ford states that the seatbelts are not meant to be used on the street, however the 5 point harness had to be DOT approved. or else Ford wouldn't have been able to sell the GT

GM bolted a five point seat harness which is not production and certainly is not DOT approved, because it is not included in the ZTK package

stay BTFO

>certainly is not DOT approved
>it is not included in the ZTK package
prove it. the article lists only some of the things in the package. Throwing in racing harnesses in a performance package is not something unheard of
Just deal with the fact that your holy grail half million dollar "supercar" was btfo by a vette with a blower. Shit, I'm sure if you threw out the same driver with a regular 3 point belt he'd still do the same time, or even better if you put out an actual pro driver

>Aside from a harness bar and five-point harnesses, Chevy says the ZR1 used was totally stock
the harness bar and the five-point harness isn't street legal

>Throwing in racing harnesses in a performance package is not something unheard of
yet car and driver stated that they are not stock

>Just deal with the fact that your holy grail half million dollar "supercar" was btfo by a vette with a blower.
nope, the Corvette isn't street legal

>the harness bar and the five-point harness isn't street legal
So the harness bar on the gt3rs isn't street legal? A 5 point harness by itself isn't street legal sure, but a car can have one and still be street legal. As long as it has a standard 3 point and the manufacturer tells you the harness is for offroad use only, much like ford tells you to, it's street legal, get fucked

the harness in the gt3rs is DOT approved since it is not an aftermarket part, the harness in the corvette isn't, as it is not included in the ZTK package

>As long as it has a standard 3 point and the manufacturer tells you the harness is for offroad use only
nope, there are a series of regulations a manufacturer has to follow to make a seat harness legal

>it's street legal
*citation needed*

You don't know what is, or isn't included in the package. The article only states some of the things it includes. If fucking VIR is saying it has the production car record, learn to deal with it. Your opinions are unimportant as to whether or not the car is street legal

>pedestrian safety regs

good thing chevy isn't bending over for eurocuck retarded safety regulations

>ford has their preppy half-million-dollar asses handed to them by a bunch of wrench hicks and a car less than 1/8th the price
>"b-b-b-but muh technicalities!"
>"b-b-b-but muh seatbelts!"
>"b-b-b-but it's not street legal!"
kek, fordshills on suicide watch. if you think changing the seatbelts to DOT-approved ones would change the timings in any way you're delusional and asshurt.

>"...the ZR1 (is) the fastest production vehicle to ever lap the course."

>You don't know what is, or isn't included in the package.
I know what it includes, because Car and Driver specifically used the word
>aside

dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/aside
>aside: adverb; except for
which means that the five point harness isn't included

>Your opinions are unimportant as to whether or not the car is street legal
seeth more, the Corvette isn't street legal and the record is irrelevant

nice damage control, the corvette isn't street legal

Ford doesn't say anything about harnesses
Look for yourself fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O34116&languageCode=en&marketCode=US&viewTech=IE&chapterTitleSelected=G1827129&subTitleSelected=G1834964&topicHRef=G1834970&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=USA

It's almost as if they are not fitted to the car...

its street legal in the US which is the only country that matters

>being so mad as to reply in under 2 minutes
abaolutely ass blasted, ford got creamed. end of story.

Please list to me everything that this pre-production package includes in that case.
>The $2,995 ZTK package gives the car a whole bunch of aggressive features, including an adjustable carbon fiber wing, a front splitter, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, and track-ready magnetic ride control.
I could easily see a harness included among aggressive features

>literally admits he can't deal
>nice damage control
nice counter-argument

>be GM cuck
>cry about how the GTR Nismo Nurburgring record is invalid because the optional seatbelts aren't street legal

>be the same GM cuck
>claim that the Corvette VIR record is valid even if the optional seatbelts aren't street legal

pathetic mental gymnastics from a pathetic horde of fanboys

so if they aren't fitted to the car why did you say they were? the GT harness would be irrelevant then

>its street legal in the US
nope, the five point harness is not DOT approved

>which is the only country that matters
delusional

don't need to, all that I need to know is that the five point harness and the harness bar are not included, as they were installed aside from the package

>he says as he replies in under 2 minutes
good job being a brainlet

whatever lets you deal with the fact that the corvette isn't street legal and thus irrelevant

>replies in under 2 minutes
>timestamp is 4:07:42
>timestamp is 4:10:21

no wonder fordfags are such brainlets, can't even do simple math
also nice argument

LOL you say other people are sperging but you immediately type out walls of text to people who won't read or give a shit

I am used 4chanX, it doesn't show seconds and minutes, your post clearly stated 2 minutes ago when I replied

keep trying to evade the initial argument about how the corvette isn't street legal tho

>BIIG
>SCAARY
>TEXT

total brainlet

see
and come up with an actual counter-argument

It's street legal enough for VIR to accept it as the holder of the production car record.

see VIR holds no authority above the US Federal Gov.

gm
more like
GOD MOBILES

fun fact: the ZL1 isn't street legal in Germany neither

The regular seatbelts are in the car retard. It is street legal. Just because they also include harnesses does not change that. It also is incredibly unlikely that removing the harness would affect the laptime.

>dodging the argument
>implying it still wouldn't be faster with a 3-point harness
i've fed our resident shitposter enough (you)s for today

If we include non street legal production cars, it would have to beat the Porsche 956 on the Nürburgring to be the fastest production car.
It finished the Nordschleife in 6:11,13.

ok
i don't live in eurostan

However, it is street legal. And this is VIR, not the ring. Stop moving goalposts

>The regular seatbelts are in the car retard.
*citation needed*

>It is street legal.
nope, the five point harness is not DOT approved as it is not included in the ZTK package

>It also is incredibly unlikely that removing the harness would affect the laptime.
irrelevant, GM cucks used the same argument years ago when they were sperging about the GTR Nismo

>implying it still wouldn't be faster with a 3-point harness
*citation needed*

but the nurburgring is in Germany, which means the record is irrelevant, just like with the corvette

>it is street legal
prove the harness bar and the five point harness is DOT approved

America is the only country where regulations matter.

They have to gimp cars in the euro countries because they're "too unsafe" by some backwards ass politicians standards.

And I've never cared about the corvette because it's a boring car made for boomers.

Well, it is not street legal.
Anyway it would have to beat something like the street legal Porsche 917 if it was.

The car is being sold as a road car in the USA, it must therefore necessarily include a 3 point belt. Are you asking me to prove it's being sold? DO you have brain damage?

>NO IT ISN'T
really now?

It's that FUCKING V6

The Nürburgring is more important than VIR, also VIR was closed when the 917 and 956 where produced.

you sound pissed dude

>implying your opinion matters

Sure, but the ford gt hasn't run at the ring. How can you compare 2 cars on a track they haven't run in?

>it must therefore necessarily include a 3 point belt.
and GM installed an aftermarket 5 point harness and harness bar which is not DOT approved

seems like the car isn't street legal

projection

so assmad he is absolutely desperate to come up with a comeback and the best he can come up with is an useless screencap lol

sperg more

>ford gt hasn't run at the ring.
The Ford does not matter for this discussion.
Also if someone claims to have build the fastest production car, he should prove it on a track that is commonly refered to as the benchmark for performance cars instead of one that was not around 20 years ago.

Let's pretend that you're right about the harness bar and the belts.
It. Would. Still. Be. Faster.
Are you gonna say next that because the driver is wearing a helmet, and that isn't included in crash tests that the car is not street legal? It takes a real man to admit that they're wrong wrong.

No one claimed that it's the fastest production car in the world you massive tard. The article literally says that it is faster than the Ford GT. No one has mentioned any other car in the discussion. This discussion is about the ford and the vette.

If neither of them can take on a 1970s/1980s production car, chances are they are both shit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
CHEVROLET ACTUALLY DID IT! THE ABSOLUTE MAD MAN. EVEN WITH A SUPERCHARGER WHICH IS EXTRA DEAD WEIGHT ON THEIR ALL READY FAT 3500 POUND CAR, STILL BTFO FORD WHO USED TWO MASSIVE TURBOS THAT WERE ENGINEERED FOR THE TRACK.

>It. Would. Still. Be. Faster.
yes, but it wouldn't be street legal nor a production car, so it's irrelevant

this isn't street legal and it surely is faster than the ZR1

Okay, suck off the germans a bit more lol. Besides, the 917 and 956 were not road cars, they were factory racecars.

So you're telling me that if you take out the non-road legal parts on the corvette that would make it not road legal? It has a regular seatbelt. It will be sold to the public.

>It has a regular seatbelt
and? that is completely irrelevant, they installed a five point harness and a harness bar that aren't DOT approved

The 917 was road legal.

>It. Would. Still. Be. Faster.
>yes, but it wouldn't be street legal nor a production car, so it's irrelevant
If they remove the harness bar that you don't even really know if it's included in the ZTK package, and sell the car like that then it is road legal according to you. Also according to you is the admission that these changes wouldn't affect the lap time. So in summary, you're saying that the version of the car that will be sold, will be able to replicate this lap time, and will be road legal. So you admit you're wrong

No, he's saying that because it's got two less points and no harness bar it'll actually be even faster.

>If they remove the harness bar
until they do, the record is irrelevant

>that you don't even really know if it's included in the ZTK package
but the ZTK package does not include it since I am able to understand the meaning of the word 'aside', I am not a brainlet

>according to you is the admission that these changes wouldn't affect the lap time
we don't know if they do, which is why Chevy would need to do it again without them
until they do, the record is not valid

>will be able to replicate this lap time
doubtful

>So you admit you're wrong
you're wrong

>it'll actually be even faster.
citation needed

>literally no u
okay mate, you tried

>car sets record with 200lb roll cage added
>WAAAHHHH TAKE IT OFF
>Vette sets the record even higher
>?????

Less weight and same power make car go faster.

I fucking hate this place sometimes.

>I guess the race car got beat by a 4 door family sedan x-d

You shound just like a fucking Tesla faggot. Kill youserlf asap

>you tried
unlike GM

it doesn't have a rollcage brainlet

unsecured mass moving around inside the vehicle makes car go slower

Jim Mero is a fatass if you weren't aware

>unlike GM
you're right, they didn't even try and they rekt the half million dollar hypercar with a carbon fiber tub driven by a pro driver using only a blower and some literally who engineer

>they didn't even try and they rekt the half million dollar hypercar with a carbon fiber tub driven by a pro driver using only a blower and some literally who engineer
*citation needed*

>Chevy was keen to note that Mero is an engineer, not a pro-driver, which was definitely a dig at Ford, which set the record using Ford GT race driver Billy Johnson.
link to the article in the op
faggot

>which set the record
sorry but that record is irrelevant because the corvette was not street legal and/or not production
it says right there in the op

doublefaggot

Gee, well road and track and vir seem to agree that the record is relevant. So I'll take their word for it over some literally who on a fucking imageboard

thedrive.com/sheetmetal/18072/the-ford-gt-wont-go-for-any-official-lap-records

>Over the weekend, we reported on the Ford GT setting a lap time of 2:38.62 at Virginia International Raceway during a relatively routine diagnostic visit, inadvertently breaking the lap record there for production cars. In an email to The Drive, a Ford Performance spokesperson said the GT was able to break the record despite having "just a small support crew, less than ideal circuit conditions, and [racing driver Billy Johnson] driving the Ford GT on that track for the first time."

>We then asked whether the company had plans to go back with a full crew on a better day, with a lighter Competition Series car and a bit more motivation in order to get an even faster time. Armchair racing fans of the Blue Oval, bad news: The answer is no. No additional record-related trips to VIR. No record-related trips to the Nürburgring. No record-related trips to any track, in fact.

>Ford """Performance"""

>well road and track and vir seem to agree that the record is relevant.
neither road and track nor vir hold any authority over the DOT

>literal who
thats a bit rude, I've created quite a name for myself

I know this is a hard one Juan, But you're just gonna have to let it go. It's just going to be worse when the beat the GT with a Camaro next.

5 point harness mounts are fine to have on a production car alongside normal seatbelt system.

For a smug bastard, you should know this.

lol, you mean the very top tier Camaro with an insane aero package and a corvette engine beat a base model V8 Mustang? Who'da thunk

>performance package vs stock GT

only if they are DOT approved, which in this case they aren't

>literally begging me to stop
sad!

>lmao it needs a "support team" to set the record

The record doesn't count.

1LE =/= ZL1

I'm super glad the corvette is starting to have a new golden age.

Oh my bad, I just assumed it was a ZL1 1LE

And this is still the shitty old version. Just wait for the mid engined DOHC Vette. Man those tears will be delicious.

it took quite a while

>only if they are DOT approved, which in this case they aren't
you are literally unable to prove that. You don't know if you can option in a harness bar and a 5 point harness with a new corvette. For a track focused special, it isn't unreasonable

>only if they are DOT approved, which in this case they aren't

They don't need to be approved if the normal seatbelt system is functioning at acceptable parameters.

>You don't know if you can option in a harness bar and a 5 point harness with a new corvette.
you can't, see

Being positive is a nice thing to do once in a while, nameposter.

You could live more fruitful life.

>A GT car that does 60 in first gear sucks on a tight track

Whodda funk it.

>They don't need to be approved
*citation needed*

>if the normal seatbelt system is functioning at acceptable parameters.
prove the normal type 2 seatbelt was functioning at acceptable parameters then

>Laguna Seca
>tight track

>Just wait for the mid engined DOHC Vette
Finally, the modern mid-engine V8 super car Ford wouldn't give us. i might always be salty about the Ford GT not having a modular series engine. Ford sunk so much money through time into the development of that engine.

>wanting a heavier, bigger engine to fuck up vehicle dynamics

Let me call back to what you yourself quoted
>Aside from a harness bar and five-point harnesses, Chevy says the ZR1 used was totally stock, set up with alignment and aero settings specified in the owner's manual.
If the car is to be sold in the US, it must have a 3 point belt as stock. Since it is a car being sold in the US, it has a belt. I mean, you're really arguing with me to prove that the fucking car has a seatbelt? Listen to yourself. Should I prove that the car also has a steering wheel?

It clearly specifies it's the SS 1LE

>Being slower than a front engine, pushrod V8 car with leaf springs
The only reason ford used the v6 is so they can sell more ecoboost cars. It's branding. Not speed

we do not know if they had to remove the stock 3 point belt to install the 5 point one and the harness bar

>you're really arguing with me to prove that the fucking car has a seatbelt?
yes lmao

>Being slower than a front engine, pushrod V8 car with leaf springs
*citation needed*

Oh does it? I'm not a chevy faggot, why the fuck would they make a V6 1LE? Or an SS 1LE? Every picture on the 1LE page is of the ZL1 1LE, I just assumed it was abbreviated.

Regardless, you're racing a special track package with tricked out aero against a v8 mustang which ~might~ have the optional track pack

Why would they need to remove the 3 point belt to install a 5 point?
Have you ever looked at how belts are installed? The shoulder belts are tied to the harness bar, the sub belt is tied to a plate under the seat. The side belts are attached in the same way

>SS is "very top tier"
cope
>a tiny ducktail spoiler is "insane aero"
cope
>Mustang with optional Performance Pack AND the optional Magnetic Ride is "base"
cope

You're almost as bad as that s/o/viet guy. You really don't need to be that knowledgeable of chevy products to know the SS 1LE isn't a ZL1 1LE.

Burden of proof lies on the person demanding it.