/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Weapon Intros: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Gameplay 7/28: youtube.com/watch?v=m81XclDe5Dc

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1502616289529.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=kMF-Ad7LKOA&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gay thread

If you think Zinogre is a bad monster you shouldn't be allowed to play Monster Hunter.

Post best monsters.

>tfw getting kicked in GQ 140 rooms for having defense less than 750

Is this normal? I have about 700 defense and I can't imagine 50 more defense preventing me from getting 2-shot which is what 700 defense gets me.

Wouldn't a Rathalos windmill just blow everyone away with its high wind pressure?

She went back to 4U.

You'll never want to play with those try-hards anyway. Make your own room or ask /mhg/ if you want to play without dealing with braindead people.

>ask /mhg/ if you want to play without dealing with braindead people
as long as you aren't playing XX, yes.

>try-hards
What do you mean by this?

I thought XX is press Y to enter God mode?
People acting like hotshots when they are mediocore at best.

4U rotations
19-3575-7183-1197

Do you guys think it's legal to marry a felyne in the Monster Hunter universe?

>tfw no Monster Hunter World on Nintendo Switch

>15 hours into p3rd
>send cats on quest
>cat cart speeds up, spins out, throws them way the hell into the ocean

Was that a joke or did they seriously get fucked?

>tfw no Monster Hunter World on New Nintendo 2DS XL

You never played FU?

Joining in a moment!

it means you're going to get shit rewards
if it speed up without throwing them you'll get better rewards
if nothing happens it gives you normal rewards

What style is the most fun for SwitchAxe and Charge Blade?
I have used them very little and I want to start learning them.

They're dead. I'm sorry.

First MH ever, very fun

That's great

What if it was a Silver Los windmill?

X or XX

>Place a pitfall for angry monkey
>faggot cat places shock trap right next to it
>monkey jumps back and triggers them both only to be shocked for a couple seconds

For charge blade, guild for actual skill (guard points) or adept for cheating. In adept mode you get shield counter when in sword mode, and roll counter when in axe mode.

Aerial switch axe is the best, just make sure you use the art that recharges sword mode and you can just spam sword jumps infinitely.

X
Sorry, forgot to mention that.

>equipping your cats with shocks instead of pits
>when monsters can become charged on shock traps
You only have yourself to blame.

retard

gonna equip him with a bullet little shit

Striker for both.

How are they retarded? That's fine advice!

Here's more fine advice! Wear full Cephalos because it's - MY - favourite set!

striker or aerial swaxe (use all 3 swaxe arts on striker for max fun)
all CB styles are good but striker is the best, aerial is kinda fun, adept is good if youre good at adept guard

>Trance Slash
>Fun
???

he asked for fun not optimal
>translash
>not fun
???

Striker is both

WHY THE FUCK ARE THE DIRECTIONS FOR ATTACK WHEEL INVERTED IN STORIES?

Cephalos is awful, don't listen to this guy.

ya and so are the other ones too

this has been bothering me too.
LITERALLY WHY.

>horrible jump and spammy moveset
>cut moveset to become invincible
>striker with 1 less art and less damage

>spammy moveset
oh, like switch axe

dont fucking come out you ugly cat. you are anime. this is a video game general. go away.

>craft the Zamtrios lance since it looks pretty rad
>it clips through everything
>even the shield and the lance clip through each other while sheathed

They are going to fix shit like this in World, right?
R-right?

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1502616289529.webm

>Aptonoths clip through each other
>Anjanath feet clip into the ground
HAHAHAHHA

I'd actually be kinda sad if the monsters didn't clip into the walls, honestly.

haha what if they remove the hitbox in world haha what if they made it more realistic where your weapon actually needs to touch the monster for it to connect lol

I hope there are more out of bounds areas that the monster can die in

If it gets too polished the hunts will be a lot less fun. The magic would be missing, you know?
I don't know if it's just something like stockholm syndrome after playing MH for so long, but I'd even miss some of the stuff I legitimately hated.
Like how Gravios hate brings hunters together.

Only faggots hate Gravios.

See? The magic works even when we're not playing MH!
I like his design, but I hate all of the areas I've had to fight him in lately.

I got the itch again, which games onlines more alive, 4U or Generations?

It's the same, the bot is on 4U.
The only good volcano is 3rd Gen and Gravios rarely goes out of them but in the forest/swamp it's nice enough, it's a big punching bag that's fun to bully.

Gravios was what I originally thought of as a rock godzilla but his beam is too tiny to be compared

>it's a big punching bag that's fun to bully.
I prefer Basarios myself, muh easier to bully.
I really hope we do eventually get new versions of the old Monsters in World. I know it's stupid to expect them from the get go, but I wanna believe we'll get DLC or another World game featuring better versions.

His intros are pretty intimidating and he looks like he'd put up a huge fight until he just sort of runs around blowing steam all over the place.

I like Gravios. I hate Black Gravios. I can't gun him because his sideways beam fucks me over. Can't melee him because his farts and hipchecks fuck me over.

Much easier? Basarios is a real fight, Gravios is just standing there waiting to be triplocked, and I say this as someone who actually loves Gravios and Basarios.
140 Basarios are crazy.
I hope we don't get DLC at all.
That's understandable, Black Gravios is awful.

That fucking moving while shooting and shitting gas attack can shoot at ridiculous angles

>Basarios is a real fight
How? I'm terrible at the game and even I can beat high level Basarios' (Basari? What's the plural?) with ease.
He's just a goofy fella that stumbles around while you hit him.

>I hope we don't get DLC at all.
You don't want Event Quests anymore? I loved those.

Shut up, May!

Why the fuck wouldn't Capcom bring Monster Hunter XX to the Switch, a system that sells out within hours of stock reaching store shelves and starving for games?

It doesnt make any sense, there is no talking in these games, you only need someone to go through the menus and translate them

I said 140.

>140 Basarios are crazy
I do remember fighting his 140 but he isn't that hard. Me and my friend can manage to easily beat him in under 5 minutes. I melt him by using the Mohron CB with Water atk+3 and Load Up while my buddy uses pierce gunning on him.

?

I'm not here enough to understand who all of these hunters(?) are, user.

I know what you meant, and that's what I'm saying. He's literally the only monster at the 140 level that I'm 100% confident I could solo every time, I could also maybe take Gore Magala if he didn't switch to Chaos Gore.

It's not even out yet in Japan retard.

And? Thats not an argument for why Capcom lacks any plans to bring it to NA

>to understand who all of these hunters(?) are
me neither, but I assume it's some discord shitters who think the general is their little playground. best to ignore name dropping retards.

So? Just wait for the announcement like literally every other MH games for the past 14 years.

If it wasn't for the discord /mhg/ would be completely dead.

So show some respect OK?

And because you can solo it it doesn't make it the only real fight in the Basarios/Gravios family? I include Ruby Basarios when I say 140 Basarios.

>a system that sells out within hours of stock
no it doesn't. in EU shelves are full and no one is buying it. have a few friends who bought the console on release and have already sold theirs. shops are already discounting the console. people are waking up from the shitty hype and realizing what shit the console really is and how little the catalog of games really are.

I'd recommend you stop kidding yourself that the console is a big success. developers have already realized it. it's a shame you drones lag so far behind. if you want to play console games, ps4 is the best option. if you want to play the best graphics, pc is the option. nintendo is for manchildren or dads and moms who want to get games for their kids.

It's not like it's that big of an issue though, no need to be so harsh. It's not like that user was trying to be mean or derail the thread there.
At least I don't think so.

I might've missed a point you made there. I can see why you'd think Basarios is harder than Gravios, but not why you'd think he's a hard fight in general.
I can't recall what Ruby's gimmick was other than being able to mine different stuff off his back and maybe blowing a different type of gas.

if it wasn't for /mhg/ you wouldn't have a discord. please fuck off and never come back. no one wants you here. go back to your containment adware.

S E E T H I N G
Face it, Switch is a huge success and Nintendo is never EVER going third party, sweetheart :)

I never said it was a hard fight, I said out of that family it was the closest thing to an actual fight, 140 basarios, that is.
Ruby does the walking fart while throwing a rock, it also does the Barroth shake with damaging rocks.

>It's not like it's that big of an issue though
It's irrelevant to the general. Imagine if I invited 6 of my friends to this general and we called each other out in every thread by name and then acted like we belong, when we obviously don't, and then play the victims when people told us to fuck off. eh? sound familiar?

you can leave now. don't you have a discord to post in anyway and pretend you have friends? don't come back.

S E E T H I N G
Face it, PS4 is a huge success and Nintendo is never EVER going to get third party, sweetheart :)

>Sonysandniggers copying Nintendo yet again
What else is new, hun?

>140 Basarios are crazy.
I leveled Basarios to 140 alone for the card award. It wasn't hard using memeruin.

wew lad, are you ok?

So what exactly happened here? Did he get hit by the fire of his wings? Or tail? Really does look like he missed the blast unless it was lag.

>Lingering hitboxes from the Grandpa days
XXfurries will defend this

don't know, I close videos instantly that have a bloggers face on them

I get what you meant now, sorry for dragging it out. Seems like we were arguing the same point with different words, though that was probably my fault.

I don't know what this discord is, man. Relax.

How could there be lag in a single player game?

All the best hunters here are from the discord.
Every /mhg/ hub is hosted by the discord.
All the informative posts here are from the discord.
All the best original art posted here is from the discord.
The OP is maintained by the discord.

Without the discord /mhg/ would be a complete backwater on its deathbed. Don't you forget it!

>I don't know what this discord is, man. Relax.
It's a program that lets people facebook about video games. It's a cancer that has killed multiple good Veeky Forums generals in the past year. If you wish to know more about the pompous cancer attitude, read this fresh post up here:

MH is a non-competitive multiplayer game

Is that streamer a male(female)?

How does that answer the question?

I'd rather just play the games and collect MH related pictures.

Sounds male.
youtube.com/watch?v=kMF-Ad7LKOA&