What the fuck, Subaru?

What the fuck, Subaru?

What the fuck is this bullshit? How retarded do you think your customer base is that they'll shell out $35k for an obnoxious Mexican spoiler and "race" suspension?

They have everything they need and more to build a proper sports car, everything they need to make that STi logo worth it's weight, and they shit all over it. They shit all over it with the WRX STi since 2015 and now they're wiping the sludgy shit remains with this.

You can't compare this car to the S2000 because the S2000 suspension is built from the factory to be properly adjusted with modifications. The S2000 didn't cut corners where there could have been and now it's a legendary Japanese sports car.

You can't compare this to a Miata because the Miata has enough legacy to stand on it's own merit and has been a proven platform for every generation.

This is an insulting cash grab wearing a shitty cut-out mask with "STi" stamped on the forehead.

Fuck you Subaru

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Subaru_engines#FA20F
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They obviously think pretty lowly of the average consumer. The STi Type RA is just as bad. Literally $50k for minimal improvement. One of the biggest reason I got a STi was because it's pretty good package for it's price.

t. 17' STi owner

I totally forgot about the RA. More fuel for the fire.

I own an '13 FR-S but part of what makes it such a great car is it only cost $17k for me. Minimal usage too.

$8000 later and it might actually keep up with a Cayman.

I like the latest-gen STi, and really wanted to buy one, but Subaru is spitting in the face of it's customers by using outdated engines and asking full price. One or the other.

I used that as a bargaining point. My STi was $31k which I could live with since they offered lifetime warranty with the pricing. Subaru can't be bothered to innovate it seems. Honestly if it wasn't for my 2 kiddos I would've bought a 13 135is.

>How retarded do you think your customer base is that they'll shell out $35k for an obnoxious Mexican spoiler and "race" suspension?
theyre stupid enough to buy a subaru in the first place so why should they except their audience to suddenly grow a brain and say no

Shit, it isn't too late for a 335i. A buddy of mine just got a '15 328i and loves it. Simple tune and he's keeping up with other 335is

So wait, they took a car with an already solid suspension and just gave it a wing and a better suspension? They didn't increase the power?

Theres no way the turbo 4cyl of the 328i keeps up with the turbo 6cyl of the 335i?

You got it m8

The downforce at high speed was really holding this car back, you have to admit it. And you know how the suspension just can't keep up with you're powering out of a tight curve.

No, not stock for stock. I mean he put in a map and flash to get him the extra power, about on-par with a stocker 335i.

I would really like to mod a N55 335i. Another buddy of mine got his to over 450HP on E85, stock turbos and everything. A bit heavy though after driving the Scion

>every criticism of the car since the first reviews hit the books is "needs more power"
>every special edition or new variant does everything but add power

No changes to the power despite this being the heaviest toyobaru version yet. Suspension improvements, better tires and 18 inch wheels, frame bracing, and a wing. The msrp on the wing is 3867 USD. Yes, people are lining up to buy the tS.

Stiffer suspension and 18" wheels? For when you want to shout FUCK every time you go over an expansion joint?

Is it that hard for them to make a factory turbo version, or bore the cylinders a bit more, or slightly bigger cams. or fucking ANY way to add power, a meaner fucking tune?? anything????

the worst part is that some obscure wagon only available in the japanese market has the same engine, with a turbo, making around 300hp and subaru is still refusing to put it in there

it is pathetic, just buy a mustang

they literally just need to bolt some parts from the FA20F in there and they will instantly be making 300hp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Subaru_engines#FA20F

there is no way they aren't fucking retarded

The 17-18 dampers are much more mature and absorb bumps better than the cheap feeling 13-16 dampers so it isn't THAT bad.

The manual transmisson can't take anymore than 100 or so extra horsepower so Subaru would have to pour money into improving that. $1600 in a good header and a flex fuel tune gets you an extra 40-60 horsepower which is less than what Subaru would charge for an extra power package or something.

everyone here is missing the point

the reason subaru doesn't want to give the brz any more power is because they want you to buy a wrx instead

jesus christ, it's like they are trying to crash the idea of an "enthusiasts" car from the market. Is it hurting the fuckin WRX sales or some shit, are they breeding people to adjust to slower, cheaper cars for max profit??

Are the spring rates different 17-18 or are you basically saying when it's time to change the dampers one might as well get the newer ones for a bit of an easy upgrade?

>35k
You can damn near get an STI for that.

>You can't compare this car to the S2000
It's worth noting there was an S2000 with different suspension and aero, but no power upgrades.

kek this so much. Just fucking turbo the car and make it not shit for once.

I believe they increased the front spring rate but kept the rear the same, and thickened the rear sway bar a smidgen. It shouldn't be hard finding low mileage 17-18 and soon 19 complete assemblys for sale if you're in somewhere like Cali where everyone changes out their stock suspension.

I actually think the brz is worth it at 20k and a lot of the early versions go a bit under it.

Is this their response to the Civic Type-R?

no this is their last attempt to milk money out of subaru buyers before they kill the car once the agreement with toyota ends

WRX is just a quick grocery getter. At least the STI has some semblance of a sports car

The TS should've been the unleashed, unhindered from the bean-counters version (and it should've been called the fucking STi)

I even daily a stock FR-S

Fuck this car

at least it has STI badges :^)

Yep, the CR. It fetches a hefty price tag now for novelty but I think the CR during production was a good thing. Unlike the BRZ, that car was already so damn good.

i'd prefer getting 300RWHP on an NA n52 that engine has 75lb advantage over the n54/55.

b-b-but it has a red blinking light on the back so its a true racecar

Hmm, maybe I was thinking of the N54. That's the one in the earlier e90 335is

that's just a reflector between the reverse lights

It's actually a Toyota TL70, Subaru isn't responsible for it. We likely aren't going to see a buffed version until the BMW/Supra is around and that's even IF it gets a manual option.

>expecting anything good from post 2010 subaru
wtf user

You can get an sti for about 30 bucks where I live

>It's worth noting there was an S2000 with different suspension and aero, but no power upgrades
It's also worth noting that it was significantly faster than a BRZ and didn't get nearly constant calls for more power from reviewers and enthusiasts.

How many now beloved cars were complained about when they first came out, anyway?

Utterly retarded to even think of making that stupid version and with the RA, just a rip off, hopefully nobody would buy them, so they know not to do stupid shit next time.
Because the s2000 is over 20 year old now, times change. Friendly reminder that the S2000 weighs more and has less torque than the Toyobaru, but everybody is sucking its dick, same for the Miata.

>is it hurting the WRX sales
Yes
Its quite literally 1 of the only 2 reasons they don’t improve the engine
The second is because Toyotas new CEO is a full blown retard who inherited something he can’t handle

>ignoring hp

STis have had obnoxious spoilers from day fucking one

8/10 would drive

>Not getting a proper pre-2007 STi Type RA.

There's literally no reason to buy anything Subaru after 2008.

What about a 2009 Legacy GT/spec.b/Outback XT?

>205 hp
Still shit

if you need more than 140 HP to positively rotate a car through a corner you are a shit driver and should stick to Corollas.

>the S2000 weighs more
Google it, moron. The results come up right under the search box:
2009 S2000: 2,813 to 2,864 lbs
2018 BRZ: 2,789 to 2,840 lbs

So if you want to compare the lightest of the two, 24 fucking pounds difference. If you put 24lbs of extra weight in a BRZ and gave it to a pro racing driver he wouldn't be able to tell the difference. You certainly wouldn't be able to.

>and has less torque than the Toyobaru
Again, google it you fucking idiot, right at the top of the google:
2009 S2000: 162 lb-ft
2018 BRZ: 151 to 156 lb-ft

And now lets compare something that will really rustle your BRZ fangirl jimmies:
2009 S2000: 237hp
2018 BRZ: 205hp
top kek

>B-b-b-b-but the S2000 cost more new if you adjust for inflation!
So? If you're going to choose to compare them today it doesn't matter because they're used today.

just price them the same, then what?