[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Ducati Solbiate Olona-Maranello 8800GTX edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group

Kidnapper's guide to /dbt/:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:

No Grom:
cycle-ergo.com

Gotta start somewhere:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

Looks like Ivanka Trump is on a sportbike in the isle of a plane

The other thread isn't even dead yet.

280 replies...

Having to stay far in the right lane turns scooters off for me. Can we get you onto a small 125-250cc bike for your commute instead?

If i buy a bike will my life turn into bakuon!! Or no?

How good is Bakuon?

Of course. Whatever that is...

I watched it while deployed and had my mates try and fight me for laughing too loud. I enjoyed it but i wouldnt go in with super high expectations. Its got all the usual highschool tropes in anime.
Think k-on! but with bikes

Post pikes/nice roads/whatever related

Once I carve out some time to get a motorcycle endorsement on my license I'll definitely consider it. Not sure whether to go for a bigger scooter or an actual bike at that point though.

>same angle
I rarely post this pic lately, but it'll be my only one of the thread so people can identify me. Still trying to figure out what I might want to move up into.

For the love of kek get a grom already

It's been like 3+ years already.

Same problem here.
The ideal for me would be keeping the ultralight dirtbike to climb the mountains in all weather conditions that served me so well for my purposes and get some random bigger naked or whatever but I got no space to keep two bikes on my underground parking lot, the Mercedes ML320 already has its ass out of it with this ultra small motorized mountain bike parked in front of it and I already got complaints... ;_; (technically I'm only allowed to put there the car only)

Left the exposure too long. Try 15 seconds or less. Or take two photos and splice them together.

>Left the exposure too long.
Why?

Blurry stars, it's from the earth's rotation.

Have you done any of the exhaust/intake mods to the 225? Really wakes the bike up. Also a DRZ400 is a good choice if you want to move up into a bigger dual sport

No retart, they're out of focus as the focus is on the bike, stars aren't trailing, they're all round for a reason.

hahahha
>good roads.

I've done quite a few things already, next step is replacing the clutch and getting new shoes for it. Haven't tried any mods yet, was going to regear it but the gearing is so short I feel like it'll only feel worse.

I don't know if I want another dual sport or not. I'm torn between blowing over mediums and obstacles and dealing with debris in the road like it's not even there, and the very appealing idea of having a bigger bike to tour or travel with on the weekends.

A 300 or 450 would be nice for you. But if you want bigger road going bike for dirt going 650+

it is too bad ADV bikes are determined to stay fat and ktm 690 is a seize machine

not optimistic that the T7 will be under 400 pounds
sigh

Comfy roads

Look up the Z1 mod on the XT225 forums and rejet with a 130 main and 42.5 pilot, also throw on a 16T front sprocket. Makes it a completely different bike. Put 13k on my XT before I sold it, toured on it no problem. Never could do any highway since it didn't really to cruise anything above 65mph. Maxed the speedo out regularly, did a GPS indicated 88mph before running out of steam.

It would be a light trail bike at that point, the best dirt bike I've ridden is a crf125. That's only because of its weight. Plus I want something a bit heavier for wind, I've been thrown around like a plastic bag on this XT with 40+ mph gusts before, including into oncoming traffic lanes.
I don't mind a little bit a weight, something around 450lbs won't bother me if it's just a road bike. I've ridden 500lb+ bikes with little problems in the past, but ideally I do want something lighter and enjoyable on a trip from, say, vegas to phoenix.

The rebel 500 would be perfect. Light, easy to maneuver, good leverage, and enjoyable to ride.

A thing that annoys me about those indian motorcycles is they just look like hot wheels toy cars with the way style they style the engine and put plates that look like the frame.

Where is this? Dude straight up has swastikas on his gate.

>200~ rider meet
>First 30 gradient virgin ruts there's a queue

RIP 140 profile rubber, I miss tractoring up these things without a care in the world.

I shot Ivonka at the last EIGMA wow :DDD

>First 30 gradient virgin ruts there's a queue
I read this multiple times and I'm still trying to make sense of it.

Can't you just replace the tires?

Yeah of course. The norm these days are 120's, but after having 100 dudes run the same track they're all wallowed out, 140's practically stick like shit to a blanket on the sides of these ruts being that much wider.

Also, with large meets it's preferable to be in the first wave of riders, since you don't get 200 people failing to get over a tree root halfway up a big sandy hill, digging a 2 foot rut for everyone else to have to maneuver. I.e, you can pick your own path as opposed to practically being forced to choose the same path everyone else took.

Jesus Christ there isn't a bike under $2k on craigslist. Why are people so stingy with their 30 year old beaters?

That's gota be depressing if hes not just messing around. I had mine within a few months of wanting one.

I'm trying to do valve clearances, how do I get these fuckers off?

>Valves
>Clutch cover

Start with the Manu workshop manual, then progress to forum specific googling for more info.

Large screw driver

The T7 will be nowhere near 400, probaby closer to 460.

They're used to get TDC. Post bike

Take a spark plug out then fag.
>Post bike
>Last ditch attempt to discredit a poster in their entirety
At least have some dignity.

>Unbolt spark plug
>Stick finger in hole
>Feel when it's up
If you're feeling extra professional
>Remove valve cover
>Align cam sprockets with the appropriate markings
Or, if you have an old timey ignition, you can just pop the cap on that and it'll have a nice graduated wheel

kyswr

>Stick finger in hole
Lewd.

You morons.
Its a flywheel cover.
You access the nut so you can rotate the engine to top dead center easily.

>It's not a clutch cover, it's a flywheel cover
Same thing.

Nigga it's a fucking honda
It probably has so little compression you could rotate it with your flaccid cock

>Motorcycle
>Flywheel

Technically, they do have a flywheel. It might be filled with clutch plates and magnets, but you could argue.

This is a clutch basket
These are clutch bells
"Flywheel" is a car term

Saaaame thiiiiiing. It stores inertia.
You're right, but motorbikes do store inertial loads in the same way a flywheel does, just without the clutch plates acting directly on it.

Why does the "clutch bell" not have anything to do with the clutch?

Where does one install a flywheel weight on a motorcycle?

How does one use a flywheel puller for a nonexistent flywheel?

So many questions

Really makes me think

Don't get a rebel dude, I can tell by where your pics are taken your riding skill outweighs a rebel. Maybe get a bolt if you really want a cruiser, or a cbr650f. Unfortunately yamaha doesn't make a 600-799cc adventure bike right now, the cb500s are all made in some third world shithole, and suzuki is trash.

>Street tire on downhill mountain bike
>That fatass seat

What the fuck are you doing whith that bike

>engine
>no fly wheel
what century do you think this is

That's a magneto

>xt user
>midnight riding tonight since it's very nice outside
>end up hitting rabbit at like 60mph
>only reaction I could possibly think up was to stand slightly on the pegs and let the bike take the shock
>barely even felt it

Poor fellow, I could have made an attempt at swerving but I didn't have the time to process it.

The weak should fear the strong.

What the fuck have you done to that poor bike?

kys

Not sure why everyone is suggesting another dual sport. Get a gixer sixer or car.

Promise I'll get some new pictures soon.

My brother

Indian riders are so much nicer than Harley riders.

Cbr* fucking phone

U right

I can't get comfortable on big cruisers, no leverage.

The scout feels a lot lighter then it really is. I've risen sport bikes that felt heavier because they were more top heavy

How old are those leathers?! My dad has the same set and he bought them back in the 80s.

not entire sure though I reckon 80s or 90s sounds about right. got them off ebay for £110. i think they look sick

They look in great condition for the age. They'd look dope on a period bike too.

The chief don't feel its weight. My vtx feels more heavy in every way and isn't nearly as nimble

Just bought a 1984 Honda XL200R. Motor ran with little oil. Now it's making some heinous noises but still starts and runs ok. Noises are coming from the top end. What are the odds that there was enough oil to lube the bottom end and not the top end. I can get a whole new head and block for cheap but I'd
rather not split the crank case and install new crank and rod etc. Can anybody offer some insight into what I should do/expect to have to do?

>tfw no american made off roader
Could the FTR1200 (if it ever goes into production) be used as an adventure bike?

forgot pic

No, look how smol that tank is

bumblebee bike has a rotax engine which is owned by bombardier which is canadian which is part of the americas

buell Ulysses

Right, the scout's weight is low. That's why my wife has one, she feels like she can pick it up if she drops it easier than she could a sportster.

Those big slabs are actually the frame bud, thats a big chunk of cast aluminum.

This and the rsv4 rf superpole livery make my dick rock hard

Its the Basque center in Elko NV, its called a lauburu.

If you were going to tour with that youd need a new seat and like 4 gallons of external fuel.

I have an 85 XL250R I've been doing a little work on. It wasn't starting, so I cleaned the carb jets and did the valve clearances. I was able to roll start it, but the valves must be too loose, it's making way more ticking noise now.

How does one get a bike-riding redneck gf?

it would be cool to have an amazon alexa type advice in your helmet focused around riding
tell you your speeding in certain areas, how to avoid traffic, if it looks like you're going to get rained on, news, radio, etc. all with voice commands
i know you can do some it with sena and your phone but only for rudimentary voice commands

Just pull the valve cover and use the TDC mark on the cam itself.

>This is a clutch basket
It's the fly wheel.

It sucks watch it

This isn't making ticking noises. It makes grinding noises. I. Going to have somebody listen to it and tell me what to do.

>grinding noises, I'm going run it more so somebody else can confirm I'm in denial.

Dude, tear it down before it get's worse. Start with the top end, head, piston/cylinder, dig deeper if needed.