Rocket League

RL general? RL general.
Post saves/replays/etc
>argue about the best car
>shitpost
>1v1s

What's the best car and why is it the Animus GP?

Inb4 Octanefags

What car is the best car and why is it merc?

>easy to use
>good car for generating power onto shots, fullcourt shots are no problem
>it's size makes 50/50s a piece of cake
>kickoff goals

Merc overlord repoting in

Good looks, but the merc will easily plow that little shit like a bulldozer.

Woah, that's a lot of wins.

These threads would be a lot more active if there was an easy way to export replay webms

What cars do you guys main?
Tfw know that octane is the best but wanna be a special snowflake

Currently maining Takumi because aesthetics but i'm considering trying another car for better hitboxes.

I've always wondered why there isn't a Rocket League general here. Is there just not enough variety in gameplay for discussion?

Use the merc.

I would if i could design it like my truck in APB back then image not related because i lost all the screenshots of my games

Yeah pretty much. Most advice boils down to "git gud" since all you can do is spend time learning mechanics and how to rotate.

>play with friends
>they suck, still have fun
>got demoted from Gold to Bronze
>few days later decide to get back my rank
>can't win because I'm not used to play with people who don't have basic grasp of tactics
Fucking hell.

Just play defensively and lob it down pitch into the goal when it comes your way. They can't aerial so it's easy.

any tips for a gold 1 3v3 player?

Can confirm, i'm a silver scrub and i can't into aerials, just like most of my enemies.

Do you play with friends or random people?

what should i expect if i try this game out

do i need dlc or is it just cosmetic?

It’s all cosmetic. All new maps and game modes are free to anyone that owns the game.

You don't really have to buy dlcs, the stock cars you get with the game are good enough. I recommend using Octane and Merc.

thanks lads, what am I in for? Installing now

Frustration of trying to learn the controls, physics and trying to hit the ball. Play the tutorials first and then training mode and a few 2v2 bot games before jumping into online. I also recommend changing your camera settings straight away since the default are awful, pic related is what I have mine at.

>fov changes

uh oh last time i had to mess with this i felt sick

i don't have a controller, will i be fine or is it awful?

randoms

If anything the lower fov makes you feel sick in this game desu. Kb+m is fine and there are a fair few high level players that use it, but controller is more intuitive.

One thing you can do is play defense and let the others do the job for you.

Anyone been watching these 2v2 tournaments?

I was watching more yesterdady, was kind of busy and just streaming for drops today. sounds like every match has been a bit of a blow out and otherwise dull.

Getting decals for cars I cant use is better than nothing but it's still annoying.

I have, they are not as entertaining as RLCS. I still get drops though which is nice.

Squishy is the king of ceiling shots, nobody can dethrone him.

Yeah same here, it's kinda boring seeing the non-pro teams play. I'm looking forward to the finals though since the EU teams will be there.
3v3 is more entertaining for sure

who /rumbleonly/ here

Nobody but you I think.

>there are people that just play rumble, hoops or snow day every day