youtube.com/watch?v=ovaGOvdYCIk
youtube.com/watch?v=6JaY3vtb760
youtube.com/watch?v=i4ZYJypIXH8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for just like make your dream game
godotengine.org/article/how-actually-make-your-dream-game

Is Unity okay for a 2D-ish game?

Deving is so hard

I mean you have to really THINK and FOCUS it is legit the hardest thing I've done in my life

would it be a good feature if you could manually control towers and make them shoot specific parts of for example bosses ?

currently trying to explore ways of how i could make my tower defense a bit less generic

Only if you plan to go for high resolution 2D with lighting and other fancy effects.
If you're making pixelshit just go with Gamemaker or Godot.

> if you could manually control towers and make them shoot specific parts of for example bosses ?

Go play toy soldiers.
Its a tower defense based around that whole concept, and its also one of my favorites.

>Another case is engineers claiming they find success in not using OOP design (while they use it anyway, without realizing it or admitting it)
kek, agdg OOP shitters in a nutshell

I never realized that the nip under the logo means 'we like making average/ordinary games', which I suppose was an attempt to translate jlmg

Yeah but it's better than normal work so I reckon it's good.

I'd like to add some fanciness to it. Guess I'll stick with Unity.

Thanks user.

thanks, ill try it right now actually

Was talking to a programmer about doing art for her then had to leave after I showed my portfolio. Are you around? I'd like to hear more about the game

Is this the bait guy?

>one big texture of maximum size
vs
>a lot of small sprites
which one is the best for performance?

I forgot to save the pictures, can you post your portfolio again? Thank you.

>high resolution 2D with lighting and other fancy effects.
you mean like godot excels at?
youtube.com/watch?v=ovaGOvdYCIk

In Godot, how do I make a moving character animation go back to idle when stopped?

Texture atlases. The most often used sprite go into the top priority atlas. Don't make your textures too big otherwise some old GPU won't load them

Yeah. What would be a better translation?
ゲームを作るように maybe?
Or it probably would just be full katakana engrish.

Personally I wouldn't enjoy a tower defense where you have to manually control towers because my only enjoyment in tower defense games is maximising the placement potential and have the game play itself. If i want to aim i'd play a fps/rail shooter.

I'm unfortunately not interested in doing that.

Considering how the phrase is usually used here, I would say something like ただゲームを作れ or とにかく、ゲームを作れ

Whats the rune for "like'?

go back to watching your chinese cartoons please

That depends on what meaning the word 'like' will have in Japanese. In this case, I see it as one of those insert words that don't really mean anything (example: that's, like, so stupid) so in Japanese it doesn't really translate to anything I think.

>so in Japanese it doesn't really translate to anything I think.
pretty amazing if thats true considering all the really niche and specific phrases they have.

Well it's more likely just me not being able to think of one.

>I don't know any japanese filler words
>niponese is truly mysterious

post progress or fuck off to your animu

omae no geemu wa doko desu ka?

>he makes lowpoly games
>he makes pandering games
>he makes 3D games

if your game were a japanese blade, what type would it be and how many times would the steel be folded?

So how would you translate it, sensei?

WTF ?! I love Godot now !

How do you have the animations set up? Is it just an AnimationPlayer, or an AnimationTreePlayer?
You'd probably want to check if the player is moving by having some velocity variable, or if you're using a RigidBody get_linear_velocity(), and if the length of the velocity is low enough set the animation to idle.

>he makes furry ___gay games

Seriously, who shits on OOP or any programming paradigm, for that matter? It's like being a carpenter and saying hammers suck, or screwdrivers are shit.

Just use common sense and don't use a hammer to try to tighten a screw or a screwdriver to hammer down a nail.

I think it's because many people assume you MUST use only one paradigm for an entire project and you're not allowed to use anything else. Which is just silly.

'Just like make game' is a meme and difficult to translate into Japanese.

I think a better translation would be ゲーム作れよ. Just cut out the を for more colloquial sound.

Agreed. Use OOP only when it's the correct tool.
For training brainlet codemonkies to work on the catastrophic ruins of projects that exceeded the bare minimum of complexity and turned into bug-ridden, unmaintainable spaghetti.

>saying hammers suck, or screwdrivers are shit.
in this shitty hardware analogy itd be the brands of your tools, and people actually prefer brands even if its marketing.

>LITERALLY objectifying code
fuk u

Exactly. Unfortunately they don't teach it like that in University and it's something you come upon yourself with experience.

kek. Brb re-writing and improving on UE4 by doing it in pure functional reactive Haskell.

Nah, the analogy isn't shitty. The brands of the tools would be the quality of the work the programmers you work with put out. If they suck and have no standards, they'll put out shitty code whatever language/paradigm they use.

You can get a shitty brand of hammer that breaks on 10 uses, and that's your shitty unmaintainable OOP written by somebody who doesn't care or doesn't know any better.

I objectify women too. But seriously, that's the "art" in "code". You get use your own judgment to pick and choose the brushes, colors, the material of the canvas, and depending on what you want to do, some things are better than others. There aren't hard rules, just your own thinking.

Jesus. Now the OOP drones want to tell us that OOP is a tool itself rather than a strict policy on how we are supposed to be using our actual tools (language).
Fuck, I can't even deal with this cancer anymore.

>Haskell
>not Idris
enjoy your shit type system

Even better: Kansai-ben.

progress:
> hellshot weapon (basically plasma pistol)
> hellshotter weapon (spams plasma shots, poor accuracy, good for groups)
> cannon weapon (bouncy, good in close quarters)
> new blessing: explosiveFeet (plants mine when u jump but jump costs 3x stamina)
> allowed option to disable Vsync (for above 60fps)

It's an animatedsprite node.

>he make games

good for him!

who here read manga
who here make game
you rike sushi? you rike nintendo?

That's a chinese.

Are you working on your dream game right now?

Finally got the enemy logic for this to work properly. Trying to get it to use the proper sprite while also not crashing and also interacting with the player's animation states was harder than I originally expected.

.webm is a comparison of new enemy stun-break on the high attacks to old enemy stun-break on the low attacks. I originally made the enemy turn green when they break out of stun as a fill-in placeholder for me not having a second 'enemy is hurt' sprite for each hit region.

I still don't have a second 'enemy is hurt' sprite for each hurt region, but I'm going to be swapping the enemy's color palette to use it as placeholders for future enemies so the green-color-changing behavior had to go and proper behavior had to be implemented. This actually took me two days to do, because I hadn't realized that the stun code was running in the incorrect order, which kept making the stunbreaker sprite show up at the wrong time when I tried to put this in.

don't use animatedsprite
thats basically just a gif player

>chinese
>r

ゲーム作れなや

No. I'm doing something basic because the only program I ever used was Fusion Express years ago.

Oh. I see.

I will set it up again as a sprite with animationplayer. I will get back if I get stuck again.

いいえ、まんがをすきではありません
はい!ゲームをすきです!
はい、すしとニンテンドをすきです

I've been learning Japanese with Duolingo, so I don't know if these are correct

that actually a freaking good article.

>"""""""""learning japanese"""""""""

Don't worry, it will very quickly turn into him saying he "knows" japanese.

>tfw no money to hire cute japanese voice actress

>sideways slanty vaginas

instead of finishing my project, im adding new stuff to delay the release forever

i want to jump to godot from gamemaker so bad

Perfect. How do we get Yun's VA to say it now?

why not release your project now and sell your new stuff as DLC?

How does Epic Games know what your sales figures are if they want their 5 percent royalty?

>implying they don't have plugs at volvo
silly frogposter

It hurts

They can't take your profit if you don't tell them about it

The longer you wait, the more "I wish I had started with a real language/engine instead of GM but now it's too late for me to switch" posts.
So, basically, you should probably get out before it's too costly to un- and re-train yourself.

They can audit you. That's in the license agreement.

>tfw being stuck in an ice cube forever looks like an appealing option with the amount of shit you have to do every day before you can even begin to think about coding
Hold me aggydaggy.

penis

>implying I read license agreements on software I use for commercial purposes
thats like gay shit, Idgaf. its like crushing my freedom of speech to not let me make games if I gotta do that

not that user but how would one implement DLC? is there a standard way or something?

How far are you into your current game? If you are decently far then don't switch yet.

make game
cut content from game

youtube.com/watch?v=6JaY3vtb760

Kek

Anons, any tips for 2d html5 development? I am trying phaser now and I compare it to things like godot, thinking "is html even worth it"? My hand hurts from constant refreshing of pages, local server and cash getting stuck.

>I am trying phaser now and I compare it to things like godot

What? Engines like GoDot, Unity or UE4 can export to html5

I didn't know that, but it wasn't my point. I am learning web, so I thought maybe I can also use it for game dev.

learn c++ you can use it for game dev too

No shit. I learn web for it to become my source of income, game dev as a bonus to it. If I wanted to spend my days digging through legacy I would go for c++.

youtube.com/watch?v=i4ZYJypIXH8
Nice Push Push Penguin clone

but is there an easy way to make an installer for said cut content

how can you make that effect in original pacman when a sprite goes outside the screen you see the rest of it in the other end while keeping collision and logic working at the same time?

make one a duplicate and have it send relevant data to the original, one fully transferred, either keep duplicate, or swap original in and axe the dupe.

OOP is a hammer shaped like a saw
completely useless for its intended purpose

Where is your non-OOP video game?

is shilling your finished game allowed here or on /v/? I figure /agdg/ is more about development than finished games.

no. read the rules
not that that stops people like yandere

depends, its not allowed for whodevs otherwise i dont mind it

only if you posted progress before

progress

rip in progress