2018 Ford Mustang Performance Package

>2018 Ford Mustang Performance Package
>1:23.97

>2018 Chevrolet Camaro 1le
>1:20.67

Wow.

The camaro is the better car IMO but I do think comparing the SS w/1LE package is a little unfair. Though it is Fords fault for not offering something similar at the same price.

The 1LE basically takes all the track goodies from the ZL1 and throws it on the regular SS. The base mustang GT isn’t even as good as the base SS as it needs the performance package just to be at the same level. If Ford offered a “Stage 2” performance package with go-fast bits from the GT350, then they might be able to compete...

Until then the mustang will keep getting crushed by the camaro. Even with the updates, it’s barely any faster than a Challenger Scat Pack which is 400 lbs more and on a extremely dated platform

It's just crazy how far away the Camaro is. Like literally in supercar territory

How is it super car territory? The ZL1 is noticeably slower than the corvette, and the corvette noticeably slower than the Ford GT, GTR, Viper ACR, etc.

The Camaro ZL1 is a track day sports car, but no super car.

Also GT500 is coming to (presumably) shit on it, unless it is drag focused, where it will shit on the demon.

>Will shit on the demon

Dodge has more history with drag focus than Ford does. I think that Ford will compete but getting times faster than the Demon will be a huge feat to accomplish.

>base model vs 1le
lol gm fangirls are desperate

Pp is not base model

it is. sperg more

It's faster than a 458

>performance package
>base model

The 720S (a widely regarded super car) doesn't even beat the ACR either so it would seem Mclaren themselves hasn't made a super car since the F1. also Camaro team have said they are aiming for a sub-7 minute ring time so if it isn't a super car now it will at least be a super car killer.

it is. keep sperging dumbass

It's 49k. Almost 10k more than base.
>big wing; black aluminum wheels; Michelin PS4 tires; Brembo brakes; a dual-mode exhaust; a strut tower brace; a K-brace; stiffer front springs; a thicker rear anti-roll bar; a larger radiator; a Torsen limited-slip differential; retuned electric steering assist, stability control, and ABS; and “unique chassis tuning.” To even up things as much as possible, our test car had optional magnetic dampers, MagneRide

Shit up some other website you goofy ass nerd

still the base model. not the performance model like the 1le. sperg more

>yes, the car comes with a $4,000 option standard

still not the performance model. sperg more

>the performance pack is the base model
>now the base model isn't the performance model

good job nigger

Imagine being this mad that you jump through this many mental gymnastics

whats the starting price of the 1LE?

Shit tier pleb like thinkers in this thread. It’s not even trolling. Just really gay faggots being homosexual

Like 45k

not the performance model. keep sperging

The SS tested was 46k, the mustang was 49k. Still got lapped by 3 seconds despite being cheaper and less on power

not the performance model sperg more

>it's not fast because something else is faster
the state of Veeky Forums logic ladies and gentlemen

>no proof on why the "performance package" isn't the performance model
Nice

Because the gt is the base model. the 1le is a performance model

1le is the name for the performance trim of the SS. Just like the Performance Package is for the GT.
You're confusing the zl1 with the 1le. It's an otherwise fair comparison. Especially as the mustang still lost in every metric

not the performance pack. sperg again

I'd much rather have the mustang, I don't care for the chink eyed camero

Goofy ass nerd

not the performance model. sperg again

I'd be mad too if the highest trim of the GT that costs more and has more power got lapped by the SS

>cuck does what he is told
>posts a selfie too
lel sperg more. it's not the performance model

>Gets this mad over the 3 second gap pulled by the cheaper car

Who hurt you?

sperg again

Stay butthurt

Ford damage control: The Thread

Part 2*

McFucking kill yourself

>itt two factions of people arguing over which brand is the bottom of the barrel and which brand is only second from the bottom of the barrel

Neither is the SS you dumb cunt. I know it's bait, but at this point, who gives a shit. The Mustang GT competes with the Camaro SS. The "1LE" is simply an option code that you can order on the fucking car. I guarantee you that ford has an option code that corresponds to the performance package for the Mustang GT. Now, just because the option code is the same, doesn't mean that the performance bits are the same. The SS 1LE is a mild lip spoiler on the rear and a splitter in front. IIRC, the brakes are not even slotted and it's still got four piston calipers. It is nothing at all like the 1LE package applied to the ZL1.

sperg more
nice projection
the gt is a base model. the l1e is the performance model dumb cuck

except they do offer a 1LE competitor, its called the Performance Pack 2, and it does exaclty what you are describing

now of course GM are a bunch of lying, crooked cheaters so they had to compare their top trim SS with a lower trim Mustang to be able to compete. Just look at their VIR laptime fiasco, they had to modify the corvette to compete with a stock GT lol

1LE isn't a model you fucking nitwit, it's an option code.

The 1LE package on the SS isn't the same as the 1LE package on the ZL1.

Do they have lap times of the cheapest base model of these cars?

Or will I always see lap times of ford/gm engineers ricing out their newest versions? Isn't the true test how they run with the bare minimum added?

Meh, I’m not in a factory spec racing series, I still would rather own the mustang with the shortest final drive ratio available

>browse Veeky Forums in 2018
> every other picture is some male model
> arguments are boomer-tier chebby vs ferd
fuck, these are the neo-boomers

It needs that pathetic drive ratio because it's horrible engine can't make any torque.

What's not the base model mustang then?

Yea, not to say this place was ever great but it sure wasn't this shitty in the past.

Owned.

>GM has to compare their top trim camaro to a run of the mill PP Mustang GT

how pathetic, why does GM have to cheat to be able to compete, why didn't they test the PP 2?

Did you even read the article faggot

yes, and they aren't using the Performance Package 2, which actually compares to the 1LE

how does it feel to have a single digit IQ???

I like the performance the camaro offers but not the visibility I'll get one when gm fixes it

How does it feel knowing that the camaro SS: cleetus edition TIED with the shitstang gt350 on the track?
Top of the line 5.2slow meant for tracks can’t even compete in the tracks lmao

>something that never happens

meanwhile in real life

If you add the 2SS package to make the Camaro a livable car like the GT Premium it's well over 50k.

They didn't even send a 2SS because then it would cost more than the Mustang.

45k.

So you're saying they should have sent an even more expensive Mustang to compete with the already cheaper 1LE that destroyed the Performance Package Mustang. The base Camaro SS competes with the Mustang GT, the 1LE competes with the Performance Package, period. The PP2 is just a desperate attempt by Ford to catch up with the Camaro. Let's not the forget that we're talking about the updated Mustang for 2018, while the Camaro still hasn't gotten it's refresh yet. It's due this summer and it'll squeeze the nuts out of the Mustang even harder.

so the already more expensive than the 1LE and slower Performance Package 1 should not be compared. Instead let's just make it even more exlensive with the Performance Package 2 to maybe tie the lap times. Oh I forgot, that ain't happening since the SS 1LE is just as fast as the GT350 around a track which is obviously faster than the PP2. Try harder

stop it youre using too much logic for ford fags.

My bad it was the gt350R that couldn’t beat an SS
Take your barbie car elsewhere fordfag

I'd still chose the Mustang because the visibly is awful. I don't even mind the hot wheels look, but when I'm second guessing myself every time I want to change lanes then I cannot in good faith buy a Camaro.

>N-No!! GM should have an unfair advantage to compete!
the PP2 competes with the 1LE, deal with it

also, the GT350 makes 150 hp less than the ZL1 and its just marginally slower lol

literally no reason to buy eurocrap

The Gt350R cant even compete with the base model ZL1.
Regardless of hp.
Gt350 vs Zl1.
Gt350R vs Zl1 1LE
Camaro is the bettee peformance car. Stop moving goal posts

Doesn't matter, gm WON.

>giving a shit about Mustang/Camaro lap times
>not realizing that they were designed to fun cars not race cars

>1LE
>2LE
>ZL1 1LE PENISNIGGERFAGGOT
What the fuck is even the difference between these trims? Japan had the sense to add more random English words and letters the higher trim you went, why is GM's so arbitrary?

>why didn't they test the PP 2?
Because Ford won't have those available for testing until May, or for sale until August.

1LE is the name of the track package
ZL1 is the top trim of the Camaro
ZL1 1LE is the ZL1 with the 1LE package
It's not rocket science

C63S: 1:37.35
Camaro ZL1: 1:38.13
American cars still can't turn.

>car less than a second faster around a track
>car can't turn

Does Veeky Forums even try anymore?

c63 is an overweight autotragic car with boat handling yet its still faster lmao

those cares look like ketchup and mustard

silly!