EU Car Registration

Any Bulgaria people here?

I'm in the process of buying a light truck (Ford Sprinter or Mercedes Transit) with Bulgarian registration.
I do not intend to register the car in my home country because its too expensive.
My question is can I keep paying road tax and insurance without having to drive to Bulgaria and do the technic inspection every year?

are you by chance Romanian?

No.
If I was, driving to Bulgaria every year wouldn't be a problem.
But I live 2,000km away.

I have no idea how other countries do this but in the Netherlands you are required to register your vehicle to dutch registration (and pay some of the highest roadtaxes of europe) if you are here for 6 months. Not doing this will make you liable to pretty hefty fraud charges. There are some grey constructions where you own a private lease company in Belgium that 'owns' the vehicle while leasing it to you as a person in the Netherlands. To do this you need a pretty good knowledge of the laws in the Netherlands and Belgium and you need to be up to date because as soon as this loophole is closed they'll come after you.
I don't think the part of keeping the car legal in Bulgaria is your problem. I think driving it for a longer period in your destination country is the problem. Where are you going to use that car?

>Ford Sprinter or Mercedes Transit

>Ford Sprinter
>Mercedes Transit

Tax and Liability Insurance are easy, but the Roadworthy test is hard to avoid. I don't know how fines work abroad, but the fine for not having a roadworthy car is only 50BGN (~25 Eur). You can easily not pay the tax and not pass the test and get caught twice a year and still be at a plus, if they are charging by Bulgarian law. Liability insurance (Гpaждaнcкa oтгoвopнocт/Grazhdanska Otgovornost) is a lot more expensive to not have fines starting at 250 Euro and taking the license plates on the spot, when the insurance itself is ~150 Eur a year.
>pic related
my car's reg number
Also
>Ford Sprinter
>Mercedes Transit

Bulgarian authorities can't catch me without inspection because I won't ever be driving in Bulgaria.

For outside Bulgaria it doesn't matter as long as you have insurance and tax (which I will happily pay)

My problem is I am not sure if passing inspection is a requirement inorder to pay the tax/insurance at the KAT or whatever.

Well, this makes things a lot clearer.
You need paid tax to pass inspection, not the other way around, so you are good. Insurance is a whole another authority, so it is unrelated.

That's good news.
Thank you.

I don't think there are insurers who'll accept a not-roadworthy vehicle to be driven.
This means that even if you pay your insurance fees, they will not pay if you get into an accident. you'll just don't get fined for 'not having insurance' because you do have insurance. it just doesn't cover you.
all in all, what you want, driving a bulgarian vehicle and paying bulgarian levels of tax, while driving it in another country, is both illegal, amoral, and i'm pretty sure a practice that the guvment of the country you plan to go to prevents with hefty fines.
you gotta step up and pay for what you want. not jew your way around paying.

The only mandatory insurance is Liability Insurance, which only requires Owner's and Car's basic information which can be read from the Registration Form.
And I am pretty sure that is what he is asking for, since full coverage insurance is a complete rip off.

any insurer will have a clause that allows them to get every penny of their liability back from the owner if the car is not roadworthy.
So yes, to the law you are covered for liability. (the person you crashed into gets his money from the insurer.) but they'll get every penny back from you through civil court.
have you never read your insurance policity? it's stated quite clearly on mine.

No, I don't read such shit, since I am not a nerd and I don't intend on crashing.

you can register and insure in some EU member state if u have a company there than drive it in Bulgaria, most businessmen register and insure it in Germany and daily drive it here in Ex-Yugoslavia countries cause it's cheaper

I checked the cost in Germany and its four times more expensive. What you pay for 3 months in Germany is about the same what you pay for a whole year.

>amoral
There is nothing moral about taxation (read: extortion)

I'm forming a limited liability company to buy the truck that will be declared non active for tax purposes.
So if the insurance wants to sue me, they can suck dick ibstead.

Either way, I only care about third party insurance. Full comp is a scam.

I'm Bulgarian. I was wondering the same thing while I was riding my BG registered bike in teh UK.
Usually I had everything payed in Bulgaria and while riding in the UK I knew of the law that I had to register the vehicle if I was riding it for more than six months. One service tech that worked in road police gave me the advice to always lie when I got the vehicle in the country and basically theyve no way to prove otherwise.
Or just take trips to a neighboring country for a few days each six months.

I know that in some countries, you can drive across the border every couple of months to reset the time and keep it as an import.

I am not sure how the process works and not sure if it applies to your country.

kid,
you can do two things.
Do what you plan on doing. (although i doubt you will actually form that limited liability company. also good luck with spending your time with bureaucracy).
In the end you undoubtedly get fucked over and end up paying at least the same. That's simply how governments deal with assholes trying to abuse loopholes.
or grow up, buy cheap in bulgaria, import and pay regular in germany. you're already ahead by buying cheap. also: how much are you really going to save? maybe a hundred yuro's a year? two hundred? save yourself the stress.

>There is nothing moral about taxation (read: extortion)
are you 16 and edgy or something? you don't use public services like roads? or do you expect them to be free? also: look up what the value added tax (VAT) is in your country. all prices are inflated by around 20% for them evil gubments. Tell me how mad it makes you. It feeds me.

if you are a Bulgarian this probably will work. because its plausible and they don't bother checking.
if you're actually British they'll find out if you actually live in Bulgaria and are just visiting the UK or if you just don't want to pay UK taxes. (you need a Bulgarian address on the spot)

Get a life.

>amoral

Oh for fuck's sake, it's not "amoral" - or even immoral, which you probably meant - to avoid restrictive taxes and regulations. If anything, it's more moral than rolling over and accepting them. Taxation is theft.

>full-blown ethically and economically illiterate statist

You don't get to call others "kid", "edgy", or tell them to "grow up".

>There is nothing moral about taxation (read: extortion)

if you hate taxation so much, there are PLENTY of tax free 3rd world shitholes to choose from, go ahead and move to one of them, edgelord

>"TAXATION IS LITERAL THEFT"
>"PLS DON'T CALL ME EDGY"
faggot 16 yr old detected

Make me.

>there are PLENTY of tax free 3rd world shitholes to choose from

There literally aren't. Or was that the joke?

Come back once you've learned what theft even means. I'm not holding my breath though.

>He mad.
Lol.