6000 miles?

That will be a new engine, sir.

motorarticlesorg.com/2017/12/11/ford-focus-rs-engine-problem-confirmed-to-cause-white-smoke/

Ford reliability hits a new high with engines reporting to last almost a full 10,000miles before needing a new head.

Other urls found in this thread:

corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3583727-891-miles-now-engine-is-blown.html
corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3650835-c7-zo6-blown-motor-with-6-miles.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I BET THEY BOUGHT HEAD GASKETS FROM SUBARU AMIRITE LOL

Mustang gaskets apparently

It’s stupid this is happening and Ford is partly to blame, but what do you expect from a high-strung motor in a hoonbox?

>partly to blame

>2.3 350hp
>high strung

Imagine being this retarded.

>2.3 Turbo making 350hp from the factory

Seems pretty high strung to me too. Those are the kind of numbers you'd expect after some aftermarket components and a tune, but it looks like Ford decided to cut out the middle man.

>Those are the kind of numbers you'd expect after some aftermarket components and a tune
Yeah, maybe 10 years ago.
Being "high strung" or not isn't the problem. The problem was the shoddy engineering.

>partly to blame

This news is old as fuck. Some cars got the wrong head gaskets (from the mustang 2.3). The warranty will cover it if you weren't a massive faggot and modified your brand new car. it's a non-issue.

American "Engineering"

>Some cars got the wrong head gaskets
>it's a non-issue

kek

>open deck
>thin fucking head gasket
>turbocharged, high revving engine
I'm literally retarded and even I can see why this was a horrible idea.

see

>he doesn't O-ring his block and heads

That is very high strung for a normie car.
You would expect something closer to 150.

Hey don't drag us into this, the rs was developed by Ford of UK, we didn't even get the RS until recently

>150
>out of a turbo 4 2.3L

its not the 90s anymore grandpa, the fiesta st makes 200 from a 1.6L

>partly to blame

Factory turbos are mostly for emissions/efficiency purposes and don't usually make that much more power

Why would it? The naturally aspirated 2.0L in the base model Focus makes 160.

It isn't the fucking 90s anymore.

completely wrong

modern cars run high boost so they can advertise high power numbers but cheat fuel economy numbers

> Buying American ever

The last and only one we ever owned always had problems. Never again.

Made in germany...

That was because the factory received the wrong headgasket (for the 2.3 mustang) from their supplier, and it was close enough nobody noticed. They have an open recall right now to replace the head gasket with the correct part, and the ones that had the correct part from the factory don't have any issues.

The recall replaces the headgasket and/or the head depending on the severity of any damage that occurred, but none are getting new engines.

How much damage can the faulty headgasket do to engine long term?

Stop cry, it's a FORD

>what do you expect from a high-strung motor in a hoonbox?
Not to drink coolant.

I'd be rather annoyed if they fucked up my engine and they just offered to change one part.

they replace the whole head or engine if its bad enough

much better than GM needing a new engine after less than 1k miles lol

corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3583727-891-miles-now-engine-is-blown.html
corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3650835-c7-zo6-blown-motor-with-6-miles.html

This pleases me. Always hated how hot hatches looked.
>Leds get sum ugly liddle car and stuff some powah into it, hurr, fuck styling anyway.
>I WANT MY GOD DAMN SEDANS AND COUPES BACK, YOU CORPORATE NIGGER FAGGOT JEWS.

they won't respond to this