Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/itDyHa8p
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124

DARKNESSHERO Rance Mod - Beta FFA mod released (check pastebin)

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004
Check pastebin for download links or for hints
Hardcopies Available

>Upcoming Games

Evenicle (English) - Announced at Anime Expo. Likely a winter release.
Sengoku Rance (English) - Likely 2018
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2018
mangagamer.org/rance/

Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
- imgur.com/a/OaNFL for released information
RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Donna Donna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio: blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4771534.html
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4796071.html
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4819896.html

Other urls found in this thread:

vndb.org/v1826
youtube.com/watch?v=scRc-OhcPRM
youtube.com/watch?v=4UQKzBHzcyE
youtube.com/watch?v=NzEVBmMF9wc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder: Shizuka sex CG or Riot

Looking forward to Cessna's character being wasted.

I'm unironically excited about playing Sengoku Rance again with a better translation and no bugs~
Omachi HCG OR I RIOT

dual-announcement, I haven't been here in a while, have they announced Altach=Nacha yet?

>omachi: one man riot
sounds like a band name

I hope you don't hurt yourself trying to create a one person riot.

Sengoku + Rance Quest Magnum

No, they haven't announced Umineko answers arc or Suzukuri dragon either, in case you're wondering.

She has a scene at least.

I just want her to appear in X. Also, looking at the cover, it's ironic that the nearly comatose chronic sleepy girl is still more usable than the hikikomori.

I wish an user would make a fanfic where Rance would have sex with Emperor Palpatine and while buttfucking him, during the climax, the emperor would shot electricity from his flaccid dick

They clearly need to build her a portable cave for Rance 10, like dungeon man from Earthbound.

Those aren't by Alicesoft so I wasn't really expecting them anyway.
Maybe they're keeping Atlach=Nacha for after Zero.

Now that I think about it, she'd probably make a good character in Bunny Black because the whole first game took place in a cave.

But Rance is straight though.

Do you mind being more specific when you mention Zero. My first guess is that 0th entry in Eushully's guy takes over girl's body game. My second guess is trails to Zero.

>Do you mind being more specific when you mention Zero
How
vndb.org/v1826

Oh that one. How is its aggregate score on the Japanese ero game rating thing?

Wait, the Chinese already have Evenicle, 01, 03, Quest, Galzoo Island and other titles translated?

Considering its age, probably not high at all, cause no one would bother to play/vote on it.

The old eroges that have a sizeable score and review numbers are the incredibly popular ones like KR and TT2.

Apparently the machine translation tools between Japanese and Chinese are fairly on point according to someone I can't remember.

I'm on the minority who didn't like SR gameplay. I can only see myself going back to replay it if Alicesoft released a voice patch.

Alright, you'll still be able to get Evenicle and Rance Quest in the next year to year and a half.

70. It actually has over 200 votes, so it's a pretty decent number of votes I guess, especially since it's so old.
Has some tracks on the OST, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=scRc-OhcPRM
youtube.com/watch?v=4UQKzBHzcyE

some nice tracks*
Actually, the whole post is fucked. I'm going back to sleep. Doesn't look like /haniho/ will die anyway.

Well, it came out in 1997 as a part of a larger collection of titles and is an RPG, so I'm not exactly convinced that the gameplay is good.

I remember when I asked a MG employee the status of Rance Quest at AX last month they said that they hadn't even secured the license for it yet.

I wonder if they were keeping it under wraps or if they really didn't have the rights.

That's surprising. I don't recall any old Alicesoft games getting such a good score and number of votes.

Looking at it again, I guess I can see why. Being placed right next to Atlach-Nacha would make it hard for anything to stand out.

This is the question that they can't ever give a confirmation to, isn't it? Anything positive would just be taken as a confirmation by everyone else.

Maybe Pi-R or Vodka could shed some light on this.

70 is a pretty mediocre score though, it's the same as Toushin Toshi 1.

Sounds about twice as good as Kaeru Nyo Panyon, then.

Kaeru nyo Panyon got a 65, actually.

I knew she was behind all this

My personal rating has Kaeru Nyo Panyon rated about half of TT1, so if Zero is about as good as TT1, it's about twice as good as Kaeru Nyo Panyon for me.

I don't recognize the game. Is it a cellphone game, because the aspect ratio seems a bit weird.

Granblue Fantasy

So is that a cellphone game?

Yeah
I dislike mobage in general but I've been playing it for a while and the gameplay is pretty good compared to others

>About to go to sleep
>Thread's already page 10
Sleepy thread needs a booster.

Are bloomers Cessna's plot point in Rance Quest?

Theres a specific pair of bloomers that are useful

+ 10 wakefulness
+ 20 accuracy
?

Are they specifically useful for her or just useful in general?

Useful in general. If you equip it on a character on their level cap, put the character in your party and change maps on any quest, its level cap increases by 1.

Can you remove them and equip them to someone else or do they vanish once removed? Also, I wonder if someone used a devil wish for these because I can't imagine anyone else not getting their shit kicked in for bypassing the system in place. By the way, out of curiosity, is there still a hard cap for characters at level 50 or did they remove that entirely in Rance Quest?

Yeah, they are you can equip them more than once. Also they are a balance breaker.

>having this shit taste

perhaps both

That makes sense. Luckily they weren't mass produced or else we'd get CGs of guys in bloomers.

How big is the change between Rance 02 and 02 Kai?

From what I've heard, not so large. Apparently kaikai does add a lot of dialogue, so that's the ultimate rendition of Rance 02.

It's basically more scenes and some minor tweaks to canon iirc so Alicesoft wouldn't have to do a full remake.

I hope your dreams come true hanny

I would dig the shit out of a voice patch for SR

Pixiv is a weird place

I don't know what that means.

Eskashima?

Yes, that's the word I don't understand.

A very weird place

They just put together Escalayer and Kashima.
I have no idea why though.

In other news, nothing is save from Fujos.
Not even Rance.

>no bruises
immersion lost

whaaa...?

this makes me wonder how many pink hannies we have in the west

This one had a comment in English claiming to be a huge female fan of the series

Is that a reference to how in Rance III, Rick shoved a metal pole through one of Satella's golems while in Rance 03, it was the cannon from Maria's tank that went through it?

And back to weird stuff.
That's enough pixiv for me, sadly did not find what I went there for.

It's yaoi, who cares about the canon?

There doesn't seem to be a guide for Daibanchou on how to clear all characters in a reasonable amount of time and the least amount of playthroughs. I finished it once, but I really can't be bothered with making a fucking excel table and creating a path for each playthrough myself.

there's the picture with the chart

i don't remember the name but there are some algorithms you can use by hand to create the paths in an optimal way (simplex algorithm? help me out here stemfags)

Seems like a few of the Alicesoft staff is also playing it.

It's a quite popular mobage in Japan, after all.

That's actually... pretty damn good looking.

Friendly reminder that the Rance IX opening is great.
youtube.com/watch?v=NzEVBmMF9wc

What quests do I need to complete to continue magnum storyline? I did 164 quest and wiki says that there should appear 165 thereafter.

That is a fairly good song. I prefer it towards the beginning than towards the end. Looking forward to seeing that opening translated at some point in the future.

You have to finish vanilla Quest first.
Then you have to visit Alice.
I don't remember the quest numbers.

You need to have a few characters to unlock the magnum quest, like the four witches.

Wait really?

You need to do quests 49 and 164, and also have in your team: Torako, Katsuko, Compandon, Tillday, Arms, Shizuka, Maria, Ran and Mill

Yep. Basically magnum makes some of the optional characters from Quest (the greatest majority) actually participate on the main quests, but as optional you may not have recruited them. Can only advance after you do.

It's been fucking forever since AX, I can't remember what happened there anymore. It was a total blur.

>Kaikai has more scenes
What?

Dialogue

My experience with the simplex algorithm says no, but my broader knowledge says that "simplex algorithm" can also refer to a broader class of algorithm than what I know of, so the answer could well me yes.

As for the chart, isn't it part of the wiki?

Severely underated post.

>60 papers of turn 12
Did you cheat? Even with the three fan bonus that would work out to be almost two papers per fan.

It has a lot more dialogue, but no new CGs.

I wonder how Athena 2.0 will Assist Rance with Rance 10.

test

She'll regain her Level 3 Fingering skill and one-hit kill Ludo himself

Maybe the short moment she get super intelligent described in her Quest epilogue happens in X and it helps Rance in someway.

Weird, I feel that both we and Veeky Forums are slow.

Athena online?

KANAMI

I don't even know you serious or not. You wanna new CG from translation ten year old game? It's not even physically possible . Get new CG in sengoku style outside world realm.

Does the final boss of Rance 03 have different gameplay from the rest of the game like the final boss of Rance III?

While it uses the same gameplay, it's a battle that goes differently because of what happens just before.

We need Shizuka sex CGs

Nope

>not even physically possible

Alicesoft currently employs people who are capable of making Shizuka CGs.

Through their partnership with MG they are on the verge of launching a product which promises to bring in a lot of money for them.

The most successful AS product to date is launching globally, they can add in a flimsly one CG. It's not a big demand and there is a lot of precedent.

You should have at least one chad in sales, go kick his ass and tell him to make good deals for your fans.

rereading your post,

>art style is not able to be duplicated
I skipped over this because I don't know much about art frankly.

But I find it hard to believe, just looking at the front page of deviantart.com, which is full of people who faithfully copy art styles, that you cannot find an artist for one image.

And I'm sure there are a lot of tricks that graphics guys can use these days.

It honestly sounds to me like you don't want it to work and are giving up at the first sign of a problem.

>voice patch

>wanting those shitty anime voice actors with unfitting anime voices

No.

>The most successful AS product to date is launching globally, they can add in a flimsly one CG. It's not a big demand and there is a lot of precedent.
Sceptical about this. Don't believe alicesoft very much enthusiastic about english translation.
> which is full of people who faithfully copy art styles
True, but can you really said it's ok? Hire some random guy for this? And who even hire this guy? Mangagamer or Alicesoft? First probably don't get permision, last probably don't care. How much Alicesoft got from partership with mangagamer anyway, somebody know?