[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Rea and Kawi will win this year's WSBK championship yet again edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group

Kidnapper's guide to /dbt/:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:
No Grom:
cycle-ergo.com

Gotta start somewhere:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vhi_0vRyEB0&ab_channel=MatanL.
carterpowersports.com/inventory/2014-yamaha-yzf-r6-las-vegas-nv-89118-2137980i
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kawasaki edition

Second for Yamaha a comfy

Nice fjr

Thanks friend, looking at selling it and getting a tiger 800 this year. I'll sell it to anyone in this thread if they're between Regina and Halifax and can pay ~$7500 CAD

Kawaiisaki :3

kawk rider here. How's the ZX6r? considering it as my next bike.

Just got home,

Nice boat

Why bother with 600s?
Just get a Peter bike

Kawasabi time

I wonder how well the SX will sell.
The tech is cool but it's still heavy as hell and cramped for a ST

nobike reporting in

tfw haven't been anywhere scenc lately

I wanted to see some motorcycles videos from my country and look what I found
>An American pedestrian runs into a motorcycle in Israel
youtube.com/watch?v=Vhi_0vRyEB0&ab_channel=MatanL.

I'm going to be road trippin' my Scout through WA, OR, ID, UT, and MT in May for a full week, there will be several 15 - 30 km stretches of gravel road. In your experience has the front fender and rad screen been at all effective in preventing rocks from beating the shit out of the radiator? Or should I hit the garage and build a custom suit of armor for my rad?

But it has the H2 engine, though. That means 300+bhp easily.

Surely that will count for something.

I sat on one at PIMS, didn't feel cramped at all (6'2"). The controls seem a bit odd, they're technically clip-ons, but they come way up to handlebar height and seemed quite comfy.

Chaz you little shit, you better win with the V4R

The H2 only had 210 horsepower, this will most likely be lower for smoothness and torx, so not really out of the range of a Busa or ZX14.

Thanks friend.

I know how much it has in stock form. Point is, give a couple thousand in mods (or even an ECU tune, really) and you are giving MotoGP prototypes a run for their money.

>string of bike thefts in local area
>my bike gets stolen too
>some guy on the local facebook moto-group says some dumb redneck he knows in passing has been riding some new bikes lately
>dumb redneck is spotted tonight on a friend's stolen bike
>some rando in the group (who is a total fucking bro because of this) tails him and keeps everyone updated
>riders assemble and catch up to him
>everyone jumps his ass in the middle of a busy intersection, drags him to the side of the road and kicks his shit in
>got my bike back, friends got their bikes back, and cops don't charge anyone with shit, aside from the thief

How was your day?

why did you let him live

cool

Thought on the MT03 for first LAMS bike? Will keep for a while

Is there a service in Texas that will register my bike (bought from private party) or am I stuck wasting an entire day at the DMV?

Eh, would personally a 650 desu.

Or at least an R3, wind protection is nice.

Go on an off day early in the month, shouldn't take more than an hour.

lol, no. Thats not how the local DMV works.

Bit out of my price range. This sits at the 4.5-6k mark

Ninja 300's are fairly cheap desu.

How long you stuck under LAMS for?

Shit. Get a used sv650 like the rest of your bogan kind

3.5 Years. I really like the look of naked bikes though, what's the best one I could get for 3-5k? I've heard the VTR250 is good

>shitzuku

ride or die

>three and a half years

You poor bastard.

VTR250's are alright, but they need a sixth gear.

Maybe a cheap ER6n or a Hornet/Bandit/Zeal 250.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm looking for something to learn on and in 3-6 months possible upgrade to nicer 650. Should probably get a used for my first in case I drop it anyway

It is cool

There's nothing wrong with learning on a 650 cunt. As long as it's in the LAMS list it's ok. Otherwise you're just throwing money away buying and reselling

I'd just go with the 650 desu, they're pretty neutered and tame so it's not like you can't start on one.

250's are great but it's not like the 650's are unmanageable beasts or anything.

Imma recommend a used SV. It's a great lil baiku.

Jesus
What state?

It's more the price. Any decent 650 is a couple thousand away from my budget saved, I'd rather start riding now on a 250/300 and resell in 4 months when i have the extra money saved. I got my lisence in early December and I just want to start riding

i've been waiting like two weeks to hear if my car is a write off or not and today i get a call from insurance asking if i brought my car in for an estimate yet
GOD FUCKING DAMN

Sorry pham. Midcities DFW here, I got in line 30 minutes before opening and got my number called before I was finished filling out my form. Easy in and out.

Seconding/thirding sv650s, worked great for me as a beginner in US, 24yo, 130lb, 5'8"

Though re: price, I got mine off CL for 2.4k usd
Seems like you are trying to buy new? (Most here would say don't)

Charleston area, SC

>getting a tiger 800
Excellent choice my friend

>BC
Hello friend

Talk me out of it Veeky Forums. I'm on the edge. I wanna go buy one this weekend so badly. What are other options I should be considering for that price?

You're doing it the hard way desu, just save up for a bit longer and buy a 650.

You'll waste money buying and selling a 250 just to get a slightly faster and more heavier 650.

Mckinney here, the Plano office is supposed to be fairly decent, but regularly work at those times, and don't want to fuck up my schedule so I'm forced to work until 6pm. I was hoping there was a AAA service, or some sort of DMV express where it only handles simple DMV tasks rather than driving tests or Juan's ID card.

The new Z900RS looks pretty segsual desu

As a BMW fangay I'd say the XSR900 if you're looking for the aesthetics

Those are both purdy bikes.

>XSR900 if you're looking for the aesthetics
Spotted the blind person

CB1000R and Z900RS>>>>>XSR900

That doesn't even try to fit a retro aesthetic. You'd have an argument with a CB1100

how many bikes do you have working and not
what does your family think of you collection
>4 bikes
>2 running
>1 sort of running
>1 project
>family says i should sell the projects

Well for that price you can get way better bikes but if you're just going for that aesthetic then there's not a whole lot of options. The others people have mentions and Kawasaki used to make a ZRX1200 that's pretty slick.

>one running
>one in pieces awaiting restoration
>that I have brain damage because they're both British bikes

>tfw no RVS

>2 bikes
>2 running
>one commuter, one hoonigan
>family doesn't say much but would definitely prefer that I never rode a bike in my life

My mom stills tells me stories of her shitty coworkers (works at walmart), where her coworkers or their kids will get a bike and immediately fuck themselves up because they did

I’ve got a a running street bike, dirt bike and ATV. I have a dirtbike that’s in pieces. My family always had motorcycles around so they never mention anything about it

7 bikes. All running
My family all own bikes too

1 bike, it works gud.

Mom says motorcycles are dangerous, but her brother rode for decades without crashing and she rides horses which are just as dangerous.

She tried to give me a lecture on buying safety gear, but I pointed out she wears 0 safety gear for riding horses and rides alone in the desert. Riding in a speedo and flipflops in a city center is merginally safer than what she does.

You should listen to your mom user and get some gear.
You've only got one and you shouldn't needlessly worry her

I think that's why I like it. It's like what someone from the 70s thought motorcycles would look like in the future. It's cyberpunk af

I've got some alright boots, a helmet, and a rugged jacket. I'd like better boots and a leather jacket. $300 for a jacket seems like a reasonable price, I just hate spending money.

gear is good for you

I have seen those. And they do look nice. But kawa just doesnt do it for me in the fit and finish of their bikes. And i dont know about that specific model but i dont like how many of their cheaper models are made in thailand

Not really digging the looks. Look cool for a modern naked bike but doesnt compete with the r nine racer or thruxton r classic aesthetic

What would be something youd consider better (new) out of curiosity? Better being higher output motor and tunable suspension i'd guess? I'm also looking into a thruxton r as its got considerable better suspension than the r nine t racer

i have never heard of this before but i want it SO FUCKING BAD.

When was the last time you crashed a pushbike on the bitumen doing maybe 20km/h?
that fucking hurts.
how much more do you think its going to hurt and fuck your shit up at 50km/h?
or 100km/h?

Is this a good price?
carterpowersports.com/inventory/2014-yamaha-yzf-r6-las-vegas-nv-89118-2137980i

i crashed my bike at a construction site, i lost control going too fast on some clay and then had to panic decision make to not hit any workers
they were all super nice and apologetic to me even though it was my fault for being fast and retarded

You can get a new one around that price.

someone said Kawasaki

get an 06 for like $3.5-4k

>2018
>buying 600s
Why

this.
no litre no peter.

Lol just don't crash bro. I don't have a rice rocket and I don't find leaning over and slicing curves to be my thing. I drive like an old woman on her way to church. I've never crashed and never want to. I am using budget gear at the moment and will buy nicer and hopefully safer stuff in the future.

But don't bullshit me about safety; Unless you've got full leathers, rigid boots, personal safety bag, traction control, ABS, $1200 latest and greatest helmet, you always drive 5 under, and you've taken dozens of hours of advanced safety riding classes, you're a hypocrite.

you shut your whore mouth

Tail tidy needed fucking stat.

lol

i already have cruiser just want a fun bike :^)

>80€ for cosmetics
I'll think about it

nobody needs more than 1 cylinder

Do 900cc single cylinder bikes turn you on?

But a liter bike is 67% more fun

True true

no
t. owner of liters and half liters
liters is what you buy when you can't afford a sport, a dual sport and a cruiser

>1/10th slower than a 1000
>15mph slower than a 1000
>Would have to be a pro to see these things noticeably
Whats the point of a liter again?

Need and want are two different contexts dear.

Nobody needs a personal vehicle if public transport is available.

you can go against a wall slightly faster
I'm jelly