2019 ZR1

Wow This has to be one of the best automotive bitch slaps of all time. youtu.be/uitolK_LEHw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Woev0yl0n4M
motorsport.com/imsa/news/corvettes-didnt-have-enough-to-fight-fords-says-garcia-1000714/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not street legal

The GT will set a sub 2:36 minute lap at VIR soon. Imagine being this desperate that they think the ZR1 is faster only because engineers have set the car up while Ford just did a test lap.

I'm impressed that they got it all the way around with out crashing it or it breaking down.

Be GM
>limp a car to the end of Daytona to win
Be Ford
>absolutely dominate since the start and Porsche wipes out trying to keep up and win

I didn't know the track was that tight.That's even more impressive considering the Corvette isn't even suited for a track like that. And it looked like that wasn't even at the limit and was messy through some parts.

I can't wait for the burg tears to flow.

the CHAD GT vs the virgin corvette

road courses are trash desu

Imagine being this delusional and assmad that a literal racecar got BTFO by a shitvette with a truck engine and gigantic meme wing.

nice delusion

the corvette was not street legal, GM has to cheat to conmpete

>implying both aren't truck engines
>spacing that much
>being this ass devastated

The ZR1 beat a laptime that the GT broke on accident lol

Ford doesn't do manufacturer lap times because they know it's just a meme.

this
ford is focused on real performance

It wasn't a racecar though, senpai.

youtube.com/watch?v=Woev0yl0n4M

The racecar does it under 2, also reeling in the racecar corvette that don't "have enough" to compete.

motorsport.com/imsa/news/corvettes-didnt-have-enough-to-fight-fords-says-garcia-1000714/

The only ones that could keep up at Daytona were Porsche and they crashed trying and the rest of the class was at least 1 lap down.

Then why did they lose at Le Mans?

>Be dodge
> have awesome car
> fiat kills it to soothe ferrai

not sure why people are upset about the zr1

its much cheaper than the ford gt and you don't need to suck fords dick to buy one

also they're making much more of them

the snek will rise again

The Vette was a lot faster than the Snek too at the VIR

not street legal

LOL the ford losers butthurt is so funny

the corvette zr1 is not street legal

>Aside from a harness bar and five-point harnesses, Chevy says the ZR1 used was totally stock
Keep crying, lmao.

Also, the driver who set the record wasn't even a pro driver, but an engineer.
If you think the ZR1's VIR time made you butthurt, brace yourself. This is only the beginning.

>pls pls believe our fake laptime!!
the corvette was not street legal/production, the record is invalid

sperg more

We're talking about a harness and harness bar.
It may not be official, but it's legit AF.

nice delusion, GM also installed a pair of bucket seats

unless GM actually laps the track in full production spec, the record will remain invalid

Porsche won overall

>porsche
>being relevant at Daytona this year

lol

My god you are salty.
Can't you just take the defeat?

I am merely stating facts, does this upset you? are you some sort of millenial nu-male that gets offended by facts?

The fact is that a stock Corvette with a harness beat the GT.

>stock corvette except for all these parts that aren't stock

not even millenials are this dumb, you are clearly a gen Z soyboy

>all these parts
A harness, user.

a harness a, a harness bar and bucket seats, which actually can increase a driver's performance

the laptime is simply not relevant

>the laptime is simply not relevant
You can say it's not "official", but not relevant?
Holy smokes, dream on.

>a car that is not production-spec is relevant when talking about production cars

how does it feel to have a single digit IQ?

>not production spec.
Seat and harness.
But keep crying though.

Are fordfags really trying this hard to defend their 400k shitpile with a truck engine? Why can’t they admit it’s just another barbie car meant for all-show-and-no-go like the mustang?

>Seat and harness.
which are not production and actually increase drivers performance

do you have to mentally concentrate on breathing, brainlet?

>which are not production
We're talking about a seat and harness.

which are not production and thus not street legal

one day you will stop being a busrider and might be able to experience the difference a bucket seat and a harness makes

>which are not production and thus not street legal
A seat and harness, user.

which are not production and thus not street legal

I've been saying as much from the very beginning.
But it's a seat and harness. user.

and so have I

busriders like you with no seat time obviously don't know the difference a bucket seat and a harness makes.

the record is simply irrelevant, maybe next time GM won't cheat

>the record is simply irrelevant
Keep dreaming and crying.

>it was the stock model, save for a harness bar and track seats with five-point harnesses.
>It was, however, equipped with the ZTK Performance Package, which adds an adjustable carbon-fiber High Wing, a front splitter with carbon-fiber end caps, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, and Magnetic Ride Control Tuning, among other things.

....with all that shit added afterwords how is it still considered stock? Does stock just mean offered by the manufacturer?

>This car set a record with an engineer instead of a test driver
lol

>"pls pls believe our lies"!!

not production
not street legal
not relevant

sperg more

It is absolutley fantastic watching you lose your shit over this.

>Not production and therefore not street legal
You insipid fucking idiot. I can go slap a new seat and harness in any given car, and it's still street legal. It's a seatbelt. It's just a seatbelt. It's not a performance feature, it doesn't affect the ability of the car or the driver, it's a fucking seatbelt.
This is like saying a sandwich isn't a sandwich because I took a bite, then opened it up and put mustard on it, then continued to eat. Calm your autism, you don't even have a Ferd GT, so why are you so defensive.

>it was the stock model, save for a harness bar and track seats with five-point harnesses.

so it wasn't stock at all

I am merely stating facts, not my problem you are emotionally attached to GM and their shady practices

Bitch more for my amusement.

>Does stock just mean offered by the manufacturer?
Yes.

>I can go slap a new seat and harness in any given car, and it's still street legal.
you can, a manufacturer can't, because they need it to be approved by the DOT of the US

look, at least you tried to form an argument, but it's crystal clear you don't know shit

>It's just a seatbelt. It's not a performance feature, it doesn't affect the ability of the car or the driver, it's a fucking seatbelt.
confirmed busrider

I see you are lol

funny because GM does not offer bucket seats and a five point harness in any RPO package

>you can, a manufacturer can't
Wait, so that ZR1 was street legal after all?

You are having an autistic shitfit over a chair. This isn't /co/, settle your hormones.

nope, because the modifications made by the manufacturer are not approved by the DOT to be sold and used by customers on public roads

nice projection, it's not my problem you can't deal with facts

>not approved to be used by customers on public roads
But you just said customers could slap new seats and a harness in a car and be street legal?

>it's another episode of "GM fangirls believe their feelings trump over facts"

lol

>modified car
not relevant to stock production car records then lol

sorry, try again

>not relevant to stock production car records then lol
... but street legal?

>Facts facts facts
>Reaction pictures
>Post after post after post
Oh God, please tell me you didn't actually order a Ford GT.

nope, because GM would need the DOT to approve it for public use and would need to offer them in a RPO package, which they currently don't do

as you can see the laptime is irrelevant lol

>"STOP POSTING FACTS"!!!
>"YOU ARE HURTING MY FEELINGS"!!

the absolute state of GM fangirls

Then this guy was wrong?

Brace for impact.

The Ford GT ran VIR with pic related on the windshield, which is NOT STREET LEGAL in the great state of Virginia:
>§ 46.2-1054. Suspension of objects or alteration of vehicle so as to obstruct driver's view.
>It shall be unlawful for any person to drive a motor vehicle on a highway in the Commonwealth with any object or objects, other than a rear view mirror, sun visor, or other equipment of the motor vehicle approved by the Superintendent, suspended from any part of the motor vehicle in such a manner as to obstruct the driver's clear view of the highway through the windshield (...)

Made a separate threat:
See

B T F O
T
F
O

That's also what the GT is

>neither of them are relevant
pretty much, which is why we should only focus on sanctionated races

>both of them are irrelevant
Just because they're both not strictly street legal doesn't mean you can't compare them.

I already replied to your damage control attempt in the other thread

Congratulations.

b

>mfw you've been abusing gm fangirls for 2 days in a row

>neither of them are street legal

so the laptimes are irrelevant then

Good thing the ZR1 isn't street legal to keep it from raping the GT on the streets

so you accept the VIR laptime is irrelevant then?

I think the fact that all it takes for a $100k cleetus mobile to beat a $500k, expertly engineered cleetus mobile is a 5 point harness is relevant.

>modified cars are relevant to production ones

but that is simply not true