/ovg/ - luv r*lly Edition

Previous Thread: >>>>Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have!
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Discuss driving games on Discord!
>discord.gg/hXmJrJr

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

dirtgame.com/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc
get-good.net/index.php?title=OVGTRANS-AM
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1659188162
youtube.com/watch?v=5-KXPjBwbeA
livestream.com/accounts/16575201/events/8035824
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you will never ragequit simracing as hard as scott speed

DIRT RALLY EVENT
We have dirt rally event running now, people are having fun. You can also have fun, join:
dirtgame.com/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc

>driving the G29 with FFB has developed calluses/blisters on the inside, side of my thumbs
Guess it's time to get gloves for racing like a pussy

Just keep going until you have hard man hands

No thanks, I don't need autistic callouses on the side of my thumb making it less symmetric and being literally useless for any other activity.

Name a better game

>Last thread was 3 days ago
Where were you when /ovg/ died?

PeeCars 3

>tfw trigger finger from simracing

what the fuck are you doing? ive never had callouses on my hands. youre not supposed to have a death grip on the wheel.

This.

You should have a reasonably light grip on the wheel.

If you're death gripping the wheel you're doing it wrong.

lel, what a baby

>what the fuck are you doing?
Turning a 900 deg wheel that has forcefeedback, which involved the thumb doing some of the pushing when going past certain angles.

Test race for rFactor 1 OVGTRANS-AM is this weekend.

get-good.net/index.php?title=OVGTRANS-AM

>You should have a reasonably light grip on the wheel.

>If you're death gripping the wheel you're doing it wrong.
Yeah, let me just gently suggest countersteer, while going through a corner at 90km per hour. I am sure the car will balance out when it feels up to the task

You're using a G29, not a direct drive wheel set up by a simdad with the wheel being stiffer than a real life car. You don't need to manhandle that shit to get it to turn at any point, even at max ffb load.

>You don't need to manhandle that shit to get it to turn at any point, even at max ffb load.
If you don't mind being slow with your steering

People suggested moving to vg, but between babies spamming threads and autismos going "muh Veeky Forums culture", there wasnt much action since 2-3 people that dont even participate in ovg wanna be in control and essentially grabbing it by the balls for some arbitrary reasons.

Is 1:31:836 a good time at Monza in F1?

the 2017 GP fastest lap is 1:23.361

What does the crown mean?

Woah. Thanks for letting me know, have something concrete to aim for in AC now.

If that's Forza it means they have a VIP pass. Just a meaningless icon.

Get rid of all your rear wing, for starters.

but driving no assists with an xbox controller is nightmarish as is, the last thing I can do is distablize the rear

early access purchase

Don't miss this!
Endurance on Le Mans today!
Sign up here docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1659188162

>8 minutes behind

In that case, you can safely add a few seconds of handicap

Ah that makes sense.

t. P5

we're all having fun. happiness and peace of mind committee kindly asks you to stop implying that anyone haven't got his share of fun here

I'm reposting it from the last thread - the memeing isn't me. Was genuinely just curious about the crown.

At the daytona 24h with the shadow government

Maybe I'll get the time right this time haha

tfw gonna miss the best track of the season

Reminder to send your skin for Legends GT series to [email protected] if you want it for the next race skinpack. Templates are included in the car pack.

wtf, you won't host this race?

no but i dont have to host the race anyone can

inb4 everyone gets disconnect 2 laps later

Nah it will be great fun, a very tight race from start to finish with constant spectacular battles for position and we won't get the replay.

>still p7
I'm starting to get depressed.

I know that feel

>used to be decent at rallying
>don't play any rally for like 6 months
>I'm now terribly slow

>by new car on DR
>play for more than 2 hours
>it suddenly starts to feel like shit
>repeat

I mean I went off everywhere but still..

youtube.com/watch?v=5-KXPjBwbeA
Project CARS series now have own competition for youtubers.
How can Polyphony Digital with their GT Academy even compete?

Don't have kids.

wheres james

In Dirt Rally I find I'm barely using the brake pedal. Am I severely doing it wrong or is that just the nature of it?

Rush Rally 2

car?

>In Dirt Rally I find I'm barely using the brake pedal. Am I severely doing it wrong or is that just the nature of it?
You are doing it terribly wrong. Unless you are either in a slow 1960 car or aren't using the throttle as well in which case you are so slow you don't need to use the break pedal otfen.

Better be in a unmemorized track and follow pacenotes and have safety margins. Small mistakes maybe even crashes for that authentic experience. Than have autism that forces you tryhard and soil the rally experience by going at maximum attack through all stages and just restart if you crash or even go to slow.
Cherish where you are at now.

Then you're not going fast enough.

>coping this hard

i dont know the tracks and i am second playing on a keyboard, there are no turboautists in this league we are all shitters

We finally chased all the fast people out!

>tfw crossed out on this list
>still racing but with a different name

That being said I was never any fast.

jesus christ you salty negroid just stop
>quick google reveals that event's first track records for 80's cars oscilate around 2:45
>no one had even got below 3 minutes in event
>two threads of autistic whining about true experience™ because he's slow

why does vidya rally always attract this kind of people

t. Valrys

>almost die
>dont

wew

Hey guys, has anyone emulated any Initial D games on PC? Is it worth it? Which one is the best and most compatible?

Right, I've put up the GT6 lobby.

Yes, though other than the eurobeat they are really awful racing games.

>quick google reveals that event's first track records for 80's cars oscilate around 2:45
>implying
Pic related.
>no one had even got below 3 minutes in event
One guy said that he "effortlessly got 2.85 on stratos" after a mere 2-3 tries.
Like I didn't even make my posts to the guys driving rally like circuit races. They are free to race in their sub group against other like minded people and if it's fun for them then who am I to stop them.
It was more about patting the "shitters" on the back for being brave.
But then you sperg out and feel the need to defend yourself.

>unironically wanting to play not an arcade game, but a game made for arcades

>not dying
casual

some people like more interactive slot machines

Stop being autistic, I just want to try it.

>One guy said that he "effortlessly got 2.85 on stratos" after a mere 2-3 tries.
I did it(2.85?), and i did it because i was making webums to spam on this board and popularize event, certainly not because i restarted event over and over just to get a good time. Even better, i recorded webum material after running the rally in event, not before.

And then there are your charts, showing average of all of the times form wonderful DR community. Let's just say that in order to get highest tier finish in online events, all you have to do is to not crash.

Crying over and over, making huge ass meaningless charts, inflating completely unimportant problems, and then calling everyone spergs. You're such a wonderful autist.

Race in 1 bong
Get in here lads

>I did it(2.85?), and i did it because i was making webums to spam on this board and popularize event, certainly not because i restarted event over and over just to get a good time. Even better, i recorded webum material after running the rally in event, not before
Yeah am your event time is legit, but you telling me you get 2.85 on stratos after 2-3 tires is bullshit.

>And then there are your charts, showing average of all of the times form wonderful DR community.
What's wrong with it?

> Let's just say that in order to get highest tier finish in online events, all you have to do is to not crash.
You are being rather vague here mate, "highest tier"

>Crying over and over,
>im crying

>making huge ass meaningless charts,
Guy says that the the stage times for 1980RWD car times oscillate around 2.45
>show that that is in fact incorrect and provide evidence

>inflating completely unimportant problems,
>then calling everyone spergs
>everyone
Listen I realize what I said touches you but you don't need to pretend that you are everybody and that I am out there to get you. Chill.

tfw no more gt5

>Guy says that the the stage times for 1980RWD car times oscillate around 2.45
reading comprehension

>chill
kek

and next month no more gt6

rally games were a mistake

Thanks Kaz.

>reading comprehension
pic related

>kek
You just can't let go can you?

oh yeah, it's happening
>no 911 GT1 in guran autismo
why do I still play this crap?

reading comprehension

Bathurst
livestream.com/accounts/16575201/events/8035824

>GT6 was only letting me see one car at a time
>didn't realize until race start
>cars are straya ping-ing all over the track anyway so I would've been fucking catapulted into a wall if I could race
Honestly after this and the game utterly refusing to connect to online last week it's almost like it doesn't want me to race in this.

really, why do you?

B-B-BONUS LAP

MY FUCKING SIDES

Actual photo of the Australian's attempt at Le Mans.

when will they ever learn?

TIME EXTENSION!

by literally 1 second, that could change the champion of this series

Good post.

Is it just me or does PCars 2 have exaggerated as shit lift off oversteer on some cars?

I was driving the Lotus 72D last night and even when coming off the brakes really slowly on corner entry it wanted to flip around and kill me. It was confusing because the car has almost zero oversteer when putting power down out of a corner.

I get it's a mid-engine 70s F1 car thats supposed to be hektik, but in Assetto Corsa even the 60s F1 cars don't have 10% as much lift off oversteer as that.

>tfw no rally E30 M3

still gave hope to blackdog who was about to finish last because he crashed in the porsche curves of what should have been the last lap
with the extra lap and the usual punts from the mclaren he got back onto the podium!

>PCars
Found your problem

A true simulation shouldn't allow you to be fast in a car you've just picked up, but instead should make you work for the pace. Real world race cars are difficult to drive, and a sim like PCARS2 mirrors that.
Many games, like R3E, allow you to be reasonably quick in a car you've just picked up and that's woefully unrealistic.

At least half the cars in Pcars are undriveable for me. Can't even put in a clean lap driving at 40%, and I've been playing for years.

I just picked up GT Sport and can't believe how arcade-ey it is compared to PCars and Assetto Corsa. It's like it ignores all your mistakes and overreactions that should upset the car, and just smoothes all those inputs out so that you basically stay on the track no matter what as long as you don't come in to the corner way too fast.
Neither one is realistic but honestly I feel like GT Sport feels better because I know in real life I can go around a track and push hard in a slowish car and almost never spin out or go off course but I have a hell of a time doing that in Pcars.

>tfw no e30 m3
>tfw no e30
>ywn own a car that pulls 320hp from 2.3l engine without any ugly forced injection systems, just through high compression and whatever kind of wizardy people use when building this kind of engines
why live

I don't know who Scott Speed is but he got btfo pretty good