Talk me out of buying a 996, 911 Porsche

I found one that is literally like new.

11k miles on it
Black on black
Manual
$29k
Owned by some Boomer dentist

It need the IMS bearing replaced for $1800. Tires are new. The only reason I can think of not to buy this is that it doesn't have the traditional round headlights.

Go for it, you won't regret it.

because you can buy a 997 for that price, which is superior in every way.

How so? And the 997 with that low of miles in great condition are $40-45k. I'll add: I want a drivers car. I don't want all sorts of numb steering, bullshit electronics and fucking nannies getting in the way of the driving experience.

i fucking wont talk you out of good descisions

Fucking go for it user, who cares if X is better. That car is still good

Buy a turbo

"Needs" the IMS bearing
Does it really? Really?

do you know what happens when it goes?

>$29,000 for 300hp

No user, especially when the ims is a ticking time bomb. Tell that Jew $20k, it's not your fault he bought the ugliest and most sold 911 in history. Considere a higher milage 996, a C5, a C6, a new Miata.

The 993 was the last real Porsche, but if you insist on buying a psuedo-porsche, the 996 is as good as any other. Go for it you'll probably have lots of fun driving and at 29k it doesn't break the bank.

996 was faster than the 993 in every way. The 993 shared almost nothing with the old Porsches.

never mind him, hes a porsche purist who thinks only air cooled porsches are real porsches

lol wut? 993 is one of the best porsches of all time. Almost as good as the 964.

996 is liquid cooled trash.

exactly, nice of you to relaize the truth in your heart.

i doubt you've even driven a 911 of any generation

That is like new. But you should knock a few grand off. The kike is expecting you to

Saying a 993 is the last good Porsche is like saying my lawn mower is the last good Porsche because it's air cooled and shared nothing else with it's predecessor

Yea I do, I also know that if it hasn't gone, it's not going to.

964 was known as the poor cousin of the family when it came out, nostalgia has done wonders, apparently.

Porsche needed to switch to water cooled, and the 996 out performs the 993. Just like the 996 Turbo out performs the 993 Turbo. You are wrong.

>The only reason I can think of not to buy this is that it doesn't have the traditional round headlights.
You mean runny eggs? Those sharp lights like in the OP pic are shit compares to pre-facelift lights.

>Owned by some Boomer dentist
its an ff drivetrain swap and its an american engine now too. not an LS though. something out of a 60s Ford

>only thinking about hp/money ratio.
Fuck off with vettes.

your lawn mower is probably better than a porsche 2bhj

i dont think any modern auto show or magazine has reviwed a 911 variant without complaining about it

i dont think any 911 variant has ever gotten a glowing review, even from the people they pay to glowingly review it

a C6 is faster and probably has a nicer interior than a 996 too

another 5 to 10k might get you into a 996 turbo. That is the only reason why you may not want that 996. 996 turbo doesn't have the IMS issue either.. so you are sort of already 1800 closer.

>5-10k more
>Turbo
They're 50k cars now.
That said, OP should be looking at C4Ss at 29k, not a base 996 that hasn't even had the IMS bearing replaced.

>hurr durr it faster than the old ones it better
are you actually a sub 80 iq retard or are you just willfully ignorant that the 996 subverted the shape, idea, and air cooled engine behind the 911?

this
between the move to watercooling, literal GM-tier interior, the front half being literally identical to the entry-level Boxster and its exterior styling, the 996 is a fucking disgrace to the 911 name and it's only bought by people who care about nothing but the high-end German badge on a 20k car

You are an idiot. Congrats!

OP, you made me laugh a little bit. My father (a boomer dentist) gifted me his black on black 996. Ask me anything

>Yea I do, I also know that if it hasn't gone, it's not going to.

With 11k miles theres a very distinct possibility it is going to, the boomer mostly likely drove it like a granny which heightens the risk of IMS failure.
Low ball the boomer with 24k OP, who knows it might appreciate in the future and you might be able to sell it and break even.

Driving it like a granny doesn't heighten or reduce chances.

Do it faggot

I hope it's a manual. The automatics in the 996 aren't nice to drive in my opinion as you don't get that instant response of it when for example over taking.

>manual
LITERALLY IN THE OP