Tasteless car mods

ITT we post car mods for cars we own that we find distasteful.

The 3 light was fine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=38EUCMcYiNE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_West_Coast_Customs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that doesn't look bad

Yeah, it looks horrible instead. Like a medical emergency common to people gay enough to drive a mustang.

It obviously could be worse, but 500 bucks to look different is dumb.
Fake window scoops on the other hand...
Complete trash

I don't think this is tasteless it just looks kinda dumb

Any fucking volkswagen with no mawdz but a 2step.
Oh my god its like they think theyre fucking cool for using it.

>but muh sicc ass launch control

Youre not even making over 300hp.
STOP IT

What if he owns a mobile petting zoo and needs his trunk aerated at all times?

Well he better cut the window out and do some real work. Because 100% of the time. That window doesnt come out and all the vents on these year mustangs are fake.

These aftermarket tail lights are worse.

It kills me every time I park behind it, I wish I could find a decent pair of stock tail lights that didnt cost an arm and a leg.

Also that non original "Mustang" badge looks like shit too.

Anything purchased at your local auto parts store.

I love how retards refer to "2step".

Change the GT logo with a Ferrari badge and it would look like a Ferrari.

Looks like goatse lmfao

Lol upset bus rider that couldn't even afford aftermarket lights
These look great in person

>Youre not even making over 300hp
SHUT

Now it won't have the distinct turn signals.

>Tard tier
2step, anti lag
>ok tier
Launch control
>god tier
MISFIAHRING SHYSTEMU

i mean, it kinda matches the rest of the car

>every ricer car
>altezza lights

Tbh these look amazing.
It makes the car look like a weight lifting younger brother of the world class marathoner that is the Ford GT.

Rocket bunny kits on the 86

You're wrong

Seriously they look like shit on any car but these don't even look like they would belong on a fox Mustang.

The headlights aren't much better but they're tolerable in comparison

>lemme tell you about which cars are classics

disgusting.jpg

Your thread implies that they are mods that are tasteful.

>home depot turnbuckles

Was gonna say stancing but
>we own
I've got nothing because I don't buy complete shit.

Agreed, also similar shit like the Liberty Walk bodykits

i find all car mods distasteful unless they actually provide increased performance or if they are useful.

With that said, car mods don't offend me unless you're modding some pristine classic car and turning it into a shitheap. If you want to make your car looks stupid you should, and everyone will laugh at you.

>smoked or clear tail lights
>exhausts with a "fartcan" appearance
>obnoxious wings on typical cars
>stickers that advertise your $ick modz
>poorly-done carbon fiber interiors
>tacky aftermarket shift knobs
>that whole "murdered-out" car fad
>black wheels in general (especially those ones with the silver lip that everyone seems to love)
>excessively large wheels that are just asking to be raped by potholes
>those cheap-looking aftermarket chrome grills

Thats all for now. My brain hurts.

I sometimes contemplate a wing on fwds. I know they aren't useless in real cars, but I wonder about the cutoff. They have them on the type-r, but that car also famously doesn't have problem with torque steer at all. How much of that is on the wing versus the lsd.

These are the questions that keep me up at night.

Not really, but I occasionally wonder when I see a Civic si with a huge fucking wing in stop and go traffic.

It would look better on a different car

looks like a prolapsed asshole

excuse me, but wtf am i looking at?

my car mods

>post car mods for cars we own that we find distasteful

>Z32
Non-Nissan engine swaps. JZ/LS especially.

>C300
Anything that brown people do to them.

check out my accord guyz

As a European, Saturns make me hard AF

dropping your cars suspension so much that it negatively affects the handling, camber on a car thats never seen a track and imo ls swap into them

i really hope youre kidding

Personally not a fan of the lights but who am I to tell someone what they can and can not do to their car. Way I see things do what you want as long as it doesn’t harm Or discriminate against anyone and fuck what people think about you for doing it.

holy fuck dude just scoop some up on ebay or something. set the altezza's on fire so they cant harm anymore vehicles

I don't know why, but for some reason that one Saturn Vue commercial stuck in my head all these years. The one where it's driving aggressively through snow and there's hard rock music playing.

Ahh. This one.
youtube.com/watch?v=38EUCMcYiNE

kys

>stick ons
>mods

The one where it looks like a rabbit? Me too.

Hey that's my fetish

I don't mind this if they're running enough power to warrant that much tire

Anything but stock style wheels on a Beetle.

that fucking AC duct

Virtually ALL car mods are tasteless or otherwise garbage looking.

Fuck, even body kits designed by supposed professionals sanctioned, authorized or otherwise cooperating with the manufacturer usually look worse than the original. See: AMG, Carlsson, Brabus look tacky compared to stock Mercedes unless they manage to keep the mods very low-key.

lmao are these real? they look like some one printed out a jpg of tail lights

what the fuck

200 HPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP !!!!

>car mods that are distasteful
There is a successful car show series on FOX which deals with extreme car mods and extravagant restorations. This is the "Inside West Coast Customs" show. I only found it by accident when looking for info about usa customs and duties on mailed packages.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_West_Coast_Customs

Picture is an example of one custom mod they have done for various cars. These lights can change color or intensity. Truly tasteful mod when you see the entire car body and how it shines day or night.

If you want a rolls royce grille on your dodge challenger or ford mustang, they will do it. The TV show features some of the projects that the california car mod shop West Coast Customs has done.

Here is how the car looks with those wheel mods....

what about dtms?
They look like sex

How tire stickers have become so popular is beyond me... not white tire lettering, just tire STICKERS, it’s the epitome of autozone mod, akin to stick on vents. Very obvious especially on exotic low profile tires which make the stickers stick out past the wheels. Tire paint is usually a little better but still shitty

If it works it works

I think windshield banners are worse, followed by diagonal stickers down the rear window

>The 3 light was fine.
How about turn signal mods? The LEDs vary a lot in quality. Some are brighter than others which shows how poor chinese QC is at rejecting out of specification LED in production batches. I bet a of chinese-made LED don't meet their claim published specs. Or they burn out after a month.

I'm a poorfag so even the 300 for a pair is a lot. Luckily I have a new job starting Monday and have a $5 raise so maybe.

they're real unfortunately

but these actually look good

I guess they look kinda nice, if we're being generous. But the mods are meant for the track. Seeing a car like this on the street is kind of like seeing someone in battle fatigues outside of a war zone or airsoft match: cringeworthy.

I didn't even notice that at first.

Some GTI with some similar set up tried to get me to race him on the highway a week or two ago.

The stock spoiler looks so much better than this ricer crap

Take them apart and spray paint the chrome bits read so they look a bit better until you can get some new ones.

these fucking tail lights

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing cammies albeit not in full uniform in public, also seeing track style livery on vics on the streets is pretty tasteful if it's they're fun car

How the fuck has stance not been mentioned yet?!

the low riders have got to go as well - ugh

Everything listed in this thread has appeared on some Hyundai driven by the punjabis in my city
it hurts
send help

The hard top is far worse. And the wheel flares. And the fitment.

I hate wingless RX7s. They just don't look right

I love wingless cars, they always look so SMOOTH.

The wingless look fits some cars, but not the RX7 in my opinion. Maybe it's just when I fell in love with them I always saw them with wings.

I thought big wings were out of style. Are they still?

>Kia Rio
I sure hope he's joking.

i like them, makes the car look wider

He wasnt. If youd like to read the story.
He failed to fix a mazda miatas brake pressure problem. So he got a kia rio.

Now he's slated to race an awd turbo crv. Saying his rio launching at 5k is pretty quick.

Beyond that, people came to his defense saying that because some kia optima won some GT race. That we shouldnt talk shit about his car.
It was quite fun.

Same for jza80 supras they look like sharks without there fins

Oh no.

i don't understand why people change the grille/nose inserts on Z32s

>hurr hey user look at me
>I got braces
>CHEEESE

>i like them, makes the car look wider
I think muscular ricer mods make cars look wider.

not rice if they're functional

It is heavily modded in order to have a mid-engine design that puts weight on the rear wheels.

i saw a late model audi sedan in melbourne the other day.
i am not a huge audi fan, but it looked nice in black, until it passed me and revealed the half sticker bombed rear bumper and 2 foot high aluminum wing.

All Japanese sports cars of this era look fucking shit without wings. I hate the tasteless fucks who think it looks better. They were obviously designed with the wing in mind. It's like saying a human face looks better without teeth.

west coast customs will always be the benchmark for bad taste

That looks wicked to me, but probably only because i've been conditioned by memes.

>Rocket bunny kits
FTFY.

Unsurprisingly I couldn't find many modded versions of my vehicle.
I actually like the grill & lights on this, but the stance ruins it completely.

brown people were a mistake

With all the engine weight on that side of the car, it would run better on Japanese oval tracks than on USA oval tracks. It must prefer steeply banked tracks.

apart from the light this is kind of cool