I need a fucking miracle, Veeky Forums

I need a fucking miracle, Veeky Forums.

A retard salesman at my company got bullied by a (((((((customer))))))) into bidding a remodeling contract that was WAY too low. It's a low-volume business and one job like that can potentially bankrupt us.

The (((((customer)))))) has the contract and will probably sign it based on the amazing price

How do I get him to NOT sign the contract?

Bump

I'm just at my first year of law and i don't think this applies to your country, but no one can force you to do something you don't want to do. Ofc you will have to compensate him/her

we signed a contract for $100,000 dollars for a house remodel.

He hasn't signed it yet.

Are you saying I should just pay him the $100,000?

Which will, in turn, bankrupt them.

if i'ts favorable for him he will most likely sign it.
If they already paid you and you don't execute your part of the contract, (according to my very limited knowledge) the contract is null and it will be as if no contract has ever occured.

I don't think the compensation would be the same as the contract's amount but to each country their laws.

This is just some retard's drivel, don't think i ever read laws other than my own 3rd world country's.

Is your Salesman legally allowed to enter your company into this contract? Is it in his contract of employment with your company? If he is not you could retract the offer from the customer and state as such. Also, hope and pray that your company retard did not sign the contract before sending it to the customer

That doesn't make any sense

He sure did :^)

Funny, that's what my professor said in my last exam.

Wow. A real retard then. What type of contract is it?

Remodel for cabinets, countertops, electric, plumbing, framing in a home

Sorry, I meant as in NEC3, ECC, ICE etc and just re-read that it's not a huge company so probably don't use em. They feature something called "Fair Market Value" which aims to stop companies who tender going well below market value to win the work (otherwise known as buying the contract), which could have helped you as you could back out of the contract citing that it's too far below market value on reflection.

Looking at it sensibly though if the work has not started you should still be able to back out of the contract without penalty (some thought and consideration should be given to whether this would cause goodwill damage), the customer hasn't suffered any financial or material loss so I doubt they'd sue, can't a senior staff member call the customer to discuss?

if he doesn't execute his part of the contract he will be sued for the cost of someone who could.

whoa that is a good deal.

Just send an email retracting the offer

If your salesman was really bullied you can fight that the contract was not made in "good faith," and therefore not a valid contract

Surely that depends on the formation of the contract. E.G. if it was part of a wider contract where works have been conducted to get to the stage of allowing user to do his part then a suit may stand, however if the contract is whole and standalone then the contract wont be active until such time as it is enacted, or an agreed date is reached.

+1ing this. As I said above I doubt anyone would sue in this situation due to the cost of litigation.
Senior staff member could phone/visit customer and say something along the lines of "Apologies, staff member X was not authorised to offer this contract"

Bad faith is good but could be hard to prove and result in a costly lawsuit

Also why are your salesmen allowed to give such deep discounts in the first place? Thats bad auth management

If all else fails you can still sue your salesman

I should mention it's for a kitchen, butlers pantry, and 7 bathrooms in the wealthiest neighborhood in Ohio :^)

Family business and he's family

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Bump

There's not a built-in period of time that you can just back out of the contract without penalty?

well fire the retarded employee with a date preceding the contract.
claim he had no legal right to sign the contract.
not accept the money for the job but offer a new contract.

>no PCO insurance
>one job away from bankruptcy
>employs salespeople
Swell fiction, 10/10.

Those only apply to customers.

Columbusfag?