Big boost

What 4 cylinder engine can me set up to take the most boost? I just want an engine with a turbo as big as my head, huge lag, and PSI at painful numbers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Inf53aMcXfM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

VAG 1.9 PD engines can run silly boost

4G63 and YB tbqh fampai

3S-GTM

Honda D series

Ford Lima

>I just want an engine with a turbo as big as my head, huge lag, and PSI at painful numbers
since youre asking, i know it will never happen.

but the answer is 4g63.

Saab B234R

Also 20V 1.8T

the ACTUAL answer is an overbored to 2.4l 4g63 also known as the world engine

p.s. its from the dodge caliber SRT4

With an O-ringed block to handle 50psi.

Having driven an EF civic before, I find this hilarious

the ACTUAL answer for a 4g63 to be 2.4 is you would have to make it a 2.3 stroker, then bore it over .080, which isnt a thing. sorry.

people oring the heads not the block. my non-oring'd head and mitsu metal HG has been holding over 50psi boost for 2 solid years.

Didn't someone use a 4G64 block with 4G63 heads in order to make a stroker? It was so damn long ago I don't remember exactly.

The Chrysler EDJ/EDZ Longblock. 2.4l.found in the Neon SRT4 and the PT Cruiser GT. They can make 600hp on stock internals and handle 45+ pounds of boost. And do that reliably. Like you can daily a 550hp build and not grenade it.

to make a stoker you change the crank, rods, or pistons. pick 2.

a 4g64 is 2.4. stroker kits do exist to make them 2.6. ive been in the dsm game for almost 20 year now [yikes] and have seen only 1 person do a 2.6.

4g63 head will go on the 2.4 block, but that has nothing to do with displacement.

>DSM shit
god

It's THE shit

its not the cars fault most owners are inapt. when done correctly and if you know what youre doing its pretty awesome. ive been beating the shit out of my 1g dsm for 7 years now on the same engine, zero issues.

It's the idiots that throw a boost controller on it and crank it up to 30 psi without any mods, that give it a bad rep.

theres a myriad of dumb shit people do with these cars. then they blame the car and jump to simpler platform with recipe mods that they cant fuck up.

>mitsubishi + chrysler
wouldnt touch with a 10 foot pole

good, dont. one less fucked up car for me to get my hands on in the future.

Lol, the 4G63 is the best 4cyl ever known to mankind.
Grow up.

enjoy your grenade lol

ls

Citation needed.

4g63 is a Sirius family engine. The World is the 4b11.

Get the 4G69 then.

Volvo redblock. They can take ferocious beatings and laughable amounts of boost.

The correct answer, especially considering how easy t5 suite is to use for engine management.

All redblocks are tough, but there are a few years (I forget which) that had huuuge connecting rods and oil squirters etc. I don't think they can be destroyed.

Mazda's FE-DOHC is an incredibly underrated engine, they never came with a turbo in stock form but they were ready for big boost from the factory. Oil squirters, massive forged connecting rods, main bearing girdle, you name it.

Best place to source one for RWD applications is a first gen Kia Sportage of all things.

TJet

Audi Inline 5s

F20C/F22C

That's not a 4 cylinder

Unironically a rotary

Cylinder?????

i think oilsquirters came in the 90's on the redblocks

>he doesn't know about the 5 cylinder 13b
youtube.com/watch?v=Inf53aMcXfM

1.8T engines love boost

Theres some PT Cruiser fag on this board that has a couple. They share the block with the neon anyway so it's not that hard to believe

The guy you replied to was even responding to the guy you're talking about.

4G63, 4G64 with 4G64 head, SRT4 Engine.
Fastest I4 was a built 4g63 DSM I believe.

4g64 with 4g63 head***

That's what I thought, I remember reading about the guy building it back on the 'ol DSM digest.

I might be able to find it, actually, since I have the archives from 1990 - 1998