Help me find the best "good at everything best at nothing" car for my daily drive

Help me find the best "good at everything best at nothing" car for my daily drive.
I work in Paris (France), I'm doing between 4 to 8 hours of traffic everyday, then blasting on small roads the week-ends.
I'm currently driving a Hyundai i30 2013 1.6 Diesel Manual
I really like this car, but I need more power (not that much) and a great AT or DCT.
Must be around 30k€, reliable (I can't and don't want to spend time fixing or bringing it to a dealer) BUT FUN (that's why I'm switching car).
I need a decent boot, so a compact or a small wagon.

I was thinking to buy an used Serie 1, but the boot is tiny, and I guess the next one will cost a fuckton at release.

What are my options ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wD-jgSNEy_A
express.co.uk/news/world/750123/peugeot-car-plant-closed-muslim-prayer-breaks-workers-took-too-many-claims-official
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Emily so cute and perfect

308 GTi

Manual only
1.6L for this output, I'm not taking the risk.

>I work in Paris (France), I'm doing between 4 to 8 hours of traffic everyday
lmao what a living hell

Still can't get hard to white women I fapped only to non white women and nofapped still nothing.

>I work in Paris (France), I'm doing between 4 to 8 hours of traffic everyday
a scooter

>4-8 hours of traffic
move closer to your job, or job closer to where you live. Or get a fucking scooter or small motorcycle. Nothing is worth the time sink of an hours long commute.

I need a boot because I'm carrying tools and shit to customers, where I live is not changing this fact.

They thought you meant 4-8 hours commute
But if I understand you, part of your job is driving that much?

dodge ram

Yes, I fix shit so I need to go where our machines are.
>Dodge
France
>Ram
Paris
My boss steal the Ford Ranger of his wife times to times, he can't park anywhere and can't take some roads.

>can't take some roads
is he retarded?

No, some roads are too small, and people park like shit most of the times, so he need to stay on the big roads and avoid following the detour from Waze.

>Help me find the best "good at everything best at nothing" car for my daily drive.
>I'm currently driving a Hyundai i30 2013 1.6 Diesel Manual

you already own it.

Yes, but they won't offer the new one with a bigger engine that I already have, when the 1.6 turbopetrol will be in the Kona.

save your money, dont be stupid, you're using this car for work, you can't have fun and reliable all in one car. you want a fun car buy it but don't drive it for work.

For the next years, I won't have the space to keep a second car, that's why I'm trying to find a unicorn.
And I already have a bike when I realy want to go fast on week-ends, so I prefer to have only one okateverything car for the moment.

My guess user, would be some kind of high spec mercedes or bmw would fit your bill. It wouldn't look out of ordinary anywhere and you can go for fun in one to.

>you can't have fun and reliable all in one car

Ahem. Backwards corolla.

The Merc A is a Renault Megane, and I hate the interior of Mercedes, without talking about the prices for anything.
BMW Serie 1 boot is too tiny, maybe the next one, but the prices will be high at the begining for a 2.0L (petrol or diesel I don't care).
The 3 Touring is rare, I can't find one at a decent price.

Twingo for 1k or fix your current car.

Achète une moto, ou un pass navigo, ou une 206 / 207 / 208 GTI mais dis-toi qu'avoir une voiture rapide dans cette putian de circulation parisienne va te frustrer à mort, tu vas passer ton temps à accélérer fort et freiner fort, ça va t('énerver et ça bouchonnera encore plus. Garde une bagnole à la con pour Paris.

I have absolutely no problem with this car, it's just that I want a bit more power, and an auto.

J'ai déjà la moto, ce n'est pas vraiment une voiture que je recherche, c'est vraiment juste une compacte/break un peu plus sympa à conduire que la Hyundai, et que je supporte de moins en moins la boîte manuelle.
Avec toutes les Renault en occas', j'ai pu essayé une Clio GT avec leur EDC pendant 2 semaines, c'est de la grosse grosse merde, donc je galère à trouver une marque avec une bonne boîte DCT de préférence.

I have absolutely no problem with this car, it's just that I want a bit more power, and an auto.

J'ai déjà la moto, ce n'est pas vraiment une voiture rapide que je recherche, c'est vraiment juste une compacte/break un peu plus sympa à conduire que la Hyundai, et que je supporte de moins en moins la boîte manuelle.
Avec toutes les Renault en occas', j'ai pu essayé une Clio GT avec leur EDC pendant 2 semaines, c'est de la grosse grosse merde, donc je galère à trouver une marque avec une bonne boîte DCT de préférence.

>want an auto
Thought you wanted fun? I was gonna say Miata.
How about a Panda? James May says they're fun.

Did you at least read the fuckin post ?

a golf

Missed the AT or DCT part. Anyway there aren't really any fun auto cars, at least that I can think of.
Alfa Romeo Giulia?
Audi TTS?

Have a look at the Mégane R.S. 260 and 275. Around 200kw, DCT, biggish boot, compact, light, really fun. My neighbour has one and the interior is really nice too, but not sure if the Recaro seats would be too stiff for extended driving though.

Paris?
something fireproof then

Ah balls, looks like I was wrong about the dct. It is manual only.

Clio rs has dct, and 150kw but might be too small in the boot. Apparently the 2018 Megane RS is meant to have dct but it isn't released yet, so who knows.

ah, if you're on call that's a different story. And if you need a vehicle that can fit in the medieval sections, hmm. All I can say it just because VW or French brands make hatchbacks, doesn't make them good. How big are the Japanese brands en France? If a Ranger is too long, a pickup may be out of the question unless you could get a kei one. Otherwise a small hatchback if it can take the weight and size of your cargo payloads.

Clio's boot is too small yes, and the EDC is a pill of shit.
The Megane RS 2018 will offer the EDC, but if it's the same as in the Clio, nope ! And it'll start at 40k€, and French dealers don't offer good deal, they don't care since everybody already drive a Peugeot or Renault.

>How big are the Japanese brands en France?
What do you mean ? We have a lot of Toyota hybrid, but the others one are rare.
I kinda like the new Civic, but the CVT looks horrible.
We don't have Keicars in France, unless you're working for the public service (they have Piaggio cargo).

A Golf or Leon would meets my demands, but they have a bad reputation for reliability, especially the diesel one.
But yes, right now a Leon ST 1.8 or Cupra is probably what I'll be ending if I change.

Si tu as besoin d'une bonne petite voiture pour trimballer de la merde et un minimum confortable vu le nombres d'heures que tu y passes dedans, j'aurais bien dit un Berlingo/Kangoo/Partner. C'est certes pas glamour, mais ça fait le café. Après je ne sais ce qu'elles proposent niveau boîte.

Plus en rapport avec ce que tu demandes, tu as l'excellente 508SW. C'est plus trop la mode en ce moment les breaks, du coup les tarifs doivent être raisonnables. Autrement tu as les classiques breaks Audi A3 et A4. Mais ça fait beauf.

Dans le segment des compactes, l'offre est pléthorique. Si tu veux une valeur sur tu peux voir chez Honda et Mazda.

what the fuck even a ford ranger is too big?

>I'm doing between 4 to 8 hours of traffic everyday

Wouldn't taking the train be better at this point?

And where do I store my stuff ?
My boot is full all the time.

J'avais un Bipper et un Partner avant de changer de boîte, plus jamais. C'est très bien pour la semaine, mais le week-end, à part pour faire des déménagements, tu ne fais rien.
Honda ne propose pas de boîte auto (ou alors une très mauvaise, et maintenant une CVT) et Mazda le coffre est trop petit. Après c'est sur la 6, comme la 508SW c'est peut-être un poil gros.

>"good at everything best at nothing" car for my daily drive.
You may not know it yet, but you're looking for a Mazda 3.
>Has great handling and the 185 foot-pounds of torque from the 2.5L engine means it's fast for an econobox.
>Drawback is it's still FWD so you don't get to pull overseer tricks or off-road Shenanigans.
>Grand Touring trim with premium package has 9-speaker Bose surround system, leather seats, heated front seats, heated steering wheel, and a heads-up display
>Rear seats are not heated
>Seats 5
>Back Seats are a little cramped compared to competitors
>has 42 cubic litres of storage space
>This is slightly less than some current-year competitors.
>Sips gas
>Sips less gas than a Hybrid
>The exterior design on the current model is commonly accepted as looking quite good
>Tastes are subjective, and it's still a 5-door hatchback.

>>Has great handling and the 185 foot-pounds of torque from the 2.5L engine means it's fast for an econobox.
Not available in EU
But we have the 2.2 Diesel, I don't know about the quality of the auto, and sadly the boot is not big. The same car in Estate would have been great.

>Based 2.5 four-banger not available in EU

Même avec la plage arrière rabattue la Mazda te suffit pas ?

Autrement, vu ton budget, tu prends un Kangoo/partner/berlingo d'occasion pour quelques milliers d'euros et tu claques le reste dans une voiture plaisir pour les weekend. Avec mettons 25K€ tu peux avoir un joli coupé sport d'occasion sans trop de km.

Ah si je rabats les places arrières oui n'importe quel véhicule fait l'affaire, mais je dois souvent transporter du monde, donc il faut vraiment que le matériel soit dans le coffre.
Pour le moment je n'ai aucun endroit où garer une seconde voiture, donc en attendant de trouver mon bonheur je continue avec la Hyundai et la moto quand je veux m'amuser le week-end et que je n'ai rien à transporter.

Jetta.

They're not really outstanding in any way whatsoever, but they're not really bad in any way either. They're not fast, but you can still merge hard if you need to. They're safe as fuck and they've got a pretty nice stereo.

Also the trunk is massive.

>42 cubic liters
A liter is already a measurement of volume.

Not available in France, and basically it's just a Golf sedan right ?
Which engine do you have ?

Keep your current car you french bastard and stop complaining. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

until she get into her feminist head shaving stage where she accuses every male that has ever talked to her of committing rape.

>not having a six dimensional boot

WRX

Paris haha.
La seule solution à ton problème est de te sauver de ce trou infecte.
À moins que tu sois un tamoul ou un nègre.

Get a small hybrid
Maybe a crz if you don't want to be stuck with a cvt

Whatever you get, get an automatic. 4-8 hours of inner-city traffic daily sounds like a nightmare already. You shouldn't have to do useless movements in those conditions if a computer can do it for you.

Lol displacement/CO2 taxes

Je n'y habite pas, mais un gros paquet de nos clients y sont donc je fais avec.
Fais gaffe avec tes propos voyons, la LICRA pourrait porter plainte !

>WRX
>automatic

That's why I want to change my car, I like my Hyundai but I fucked up buying it with a manual.

1.4 tsi skoda rapid with dsg

Dsg is trash

Explain

You know that 230hp you paid for when you bought it?
They're gone
In their place is boredom and fake engine sounds

Well then, get a manual you faggot, you're the one asking for a slushbox in the first place

>diesel engines that are so bad bad on emissions they have to set the engine to underperform at the lab test to pass
>Mazda, company that does everything possible to maximize efficiency of the ICE and has has no major scandal over emissions, doesn't have the best engine in its most popular vehicle available for sale in the third? largest market in the world
The EU rules are trash. Cars become less fun, but Paris is still filled with smog like LA used to be decades ago? Worst of both worlds.

Nah, the air is OK, but you can't see the stars at night.

>that 1 series hatch will never be sold into the usa feel
>that will never have glorious turbo straight six rwd hot hatch daily driver feel
fuck man, ever since that top gear review or whatever I've wanted one

maybe he meant to say 42 cubic meters...
wait

get a citroen picasso. Beautiful machine.

Chevy Tahoe.

youtube.com/watch?v=wD-jgSNEy_A

Your opinion on the auto from Mazda ?

express.co.uk/news/world/750123/peugeot-car-plant-closed-muslim-prayer-breaks-workers-took-too-many-claims-official
Supporting PSA means supporting state-mandated cuckery and rapefugee intake.

>That's why I want to change my car, I like my Hyundai but I fucked up buying it with a manual.

My nigger. My current - and first - car is a manual and it's going to be the last manual I buy unless it's a "fun" car in addition to my DD.

Never

based twingo poster

Well all my cars were manual, but the Hyundai is the first to use almost exclusively in Paris, big mistake.