/simg/ Simulation Games General

Don't bully small games again like in previous thread edition

Previous attempt at a thread: >DCS: Do not buy mirage and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>BMS U3 Setup and stuff
mega.nz/#F!vxd2ia5Z!Dis_Nz7NlgzXqscADeUDew

>Repository of various aviation related material
mega.nz/#F!vxd2ia5Z!Dis_Nz7NlgzXqscADeUDew

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/dCNrq5CU

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Squad
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Palmdale
spioenkop.blogspot.be/2014/02/the-kpaf-investigated-north-koreas-mig.html
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Poor guy probably thought he was doing a really smart maneuver that the F5 couldn't keep up with.

Speaking of the F-5.
When I'm locked onto a guy and everything says I'm in range but the droning doesn't turn into a beeping, will the sidewinder seek what I'm locked onto?

Third for wtf(I did it even waaay slower vertical speed and still same(Weight is 1300kg)

>100 kg
>Still same
Did they break it again?

>Squad (not a sim) allowed but not ArmA
really makes you think

no

>OP saved my image and used it for neo-thread
I'm very flattered, thank you user-kun

Imagine adding arma would make /simg/ like this but even worse
History would repeat itself

Your efforts don't go unnoticed, Sabowman

I hate how some ragtag bunch of cancerous faggots ruined ArmA for everyone, it's un-fucking fair...

what was he doing?

delet this

Fighting me, I was going noticeably faster so he was just trying to go slow for a would-be easy shot on me once I passed

can we merge with Ace Combat?
or perhaps Senran Kagura?

You know the drill
no replying to bait

MERGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh, so he was going for a slow energy-battle that he thought you would lose because the Mig bleeds speed at

>Enfield 1-1, merged

He lost because a) he decided to fly straight instead of keeping his turn going, and b) I got lucky

iirc he spent his missiles anyway so if I didn't land the shot I would have went emergency afterburner and just ran away

Were those ROCKETS?
Curious, has anyone tried using rocket pods in dogfights before? Because that looks fun as fuck.

not even my webm but no nigga, it was the migs flares

Very confusing.
What does the in-range sign on the right of the radar screen mean by in-range if not weapon range?

i'd be okay with merging with anime titties

Oh.
Oh.
that killed my hope, there.

Same here
I would love 100% to have arma 3 here, because I'm armafag myself, but I don't want /simg/ ruined either.

I don't like this argument very much for a number of reasons.

>I would want Squad here, but I don't want /simg/ ruined either.
>I would want Arma here, but I don't want /simg/ ruined either
>I would want SAM Simulator here, but I don't want to /simg/ ruined either
>I would want Graviteam tactics here, but I don't want /simg/ ruined either
>I would want Farming Simulator here, but I don't want /simg/ ruined either

And it goes on and on and on until we're struggling to keep the thread bumped on a Sunday night.
Is that really a good future for us?

Maybe /a3g/ should have its own thread again then?

Arma should generate enough traffic to sustain a thread.

That'd be great. Why did the thread stop, anyway? Were they being elitist pricks who wouldn't accept OFP or earlier Arma games?
I don't visit armag but I knew it was a thing here for a while.

>Squad
>Sam simulator
>Graviteam
>Farming simulator
All are welcome
Thing is with arma, is that /a3g/ was even worse
I for sure know that trolls are still here waiting until we activate their almonds with
>ARMA Allowed

>I for sure know that trolls are still here waiting until we activate their almonds
See, this is the thing I don't get; we don't know if this really rings true or not. Alot has changed over the years since and people will move on and grow up, I think there is way too much of a stigma against the game because of some bad apples from years back. times change.

Either way though it's whatever, personally I think nothing would really change if was allowed. I mean...why isn't there a dedicated /a3g/ general since then? It's because nobody cares for it anymore.

Because mods started banning /a3g/ threads, they were shitposting that terrible
Anyway, everytime someone mentions anime images and shitposting appears
We can try adding it for one thread tho.

Cold war is literally the only thing DCS has going for it

I'm even actually hyped for the F-4 and Mig-19

Why don't you get some aerial rocket kills yourself?
Don't let your memes be dreams.

Theoretically, it can be done.
I should try it with something really good at pop-ups like the 21, but I'm not sure how extra rocket pods would affect performance.

It has been done and webms were posted. And there were air2air rocket pods irl.

The F-86D relied on a rocket tray as its only weapon. I know it was to intercept bombers but still.

>there were air2air rocket pods irl
I didn't know that. Were they just replaced with AA missiles?

Yup. It was a pretty awful idea to begin with, even if the only target would have been bombers.

>While the drone flew over Castaic, the first crew lined up and fired 42 rockets, completely missing their target. The second interceptor moved into position and unleashed another salvo of 42, the rockets passing just beneath the bright red drone, a few glancing off the fuselage underside, but none detonating.[1] Close to the town of Newhall the pair of jets made a second pass, launching a total of 64 rockets; again none found the mark. The two Scorpion crews adjusted their intervalometer settings and, as the wayward drone headed northeast toward Palmdale, each fired a last salvo of 30 at the target with no hits, dispensing their last rockets. In all, the Air Force element fired 208 rockets and were unable to shoot the Hellcat down.[8]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Palmdale

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Palmdale
Jesus christ. Its an actual battle? And they were unable to shoot it down too? What the fuck man.

Needs a DAKKA air guard edit.

Why is it, after Korea, the west decided unanimously to take guns off of their fighters?

"Missiles are the future"

In the early '50s, the US air force was focused around the interception of incoming tight Soviet strategic bomber formations, to the exclusion of literally everything else. The logic was that since the speed of aircraft was increasing, you needed a weapon that could take down a Tu-95 in one hit, and a cannon that large would be extremely impractical to mount on an aircraft. Thus, lining up on a run, and spamming dozens of rockets at a formation from range was the chosen solution. It's this line of thinking that led to retarded shit like the AIR-2, incidentally. Later on, as guidance technology improved, the unguided pods were replaced by Falcons and Sidewinders.

This.
Warfare changed this much, same with tanks, is who can hit first and from the longest distance.
Now planes are built to improve its stealth, and have to compensate with software the maneuverability just to be decent enough.
So, the scenarios when a plane is going to be able to use the "gun" become pretty null.
Take tonks for example, they also launch missiles and have way more range than regular rounds, detection and fire range goes up to 12km with the new gen of missiles, compared to the 3 ish km of a sabot.

Anybody play Enemy Engaged? I'm having difficulties trying to lock onto enemies at distances.

I believe there's a school of thought that suggests that at some point ECM and/or CIWS technology will reach a level where missiles become impractical and guns will make a comeback.

I just had a dogfight in a multiplayer lobby. Me and a buddy in F-15s and we were fighting a pair of Su or MiG series aircraft. The engagement lasted 3-4 minutes, none of us were able to get our missiles off, even when we were several miles away, and we just fought it out with guns. I think we might almost be there, one or two more generations of aircraft.

I would happily accept the addition of SSN-21 - that game soaked up many hours I should have spent studying back in Year 10 but ID'ing sonar contacts on the narrowband with the signatures in the booklet made it totally worth it.

If game is not in the list, it doesn't mean it's not accepted
Anyway, gonna add in another thread.

Well to be fair the target was much smaller than anything the interceptor was designed to attack and thier fire control system failed.

They shat up Veeky Forums so hard the mods deleted their threads and stopped them making new ones

taking a break for DCS right now (till something new or merge) and been doing civi stuff in XP11 it's super comfy. Bought to buy a legit copy of it now.

>mfw waiting for clod 5.0

I hear you brother

>tfw no HRTF for DCS

I WANT FULL UND TOTAL IMMERSION REEEE
fuck creative

ded?

Completely.
So feel free to fuck off.

Are there any good groups/clans to join to learn a bit more and have fun together? All I saw where groups where you had to fill out a real application etc. with a shedule. Just dont know if that for me. Im the dude that asked for a beginner set up a few threads back btw. Just saving up atm and watching tutorials.

what about simg OPS WHEN?

Just sit in the TeamSpeak or Discord and just ask if anyone wants to play

They just broke this shit.

Was it worth it?

.Schedule sucks, I feel ya
Do like says
Sure you can learn bird little bit more, check twitch, and see if any streamers are open for viewers to join
Anyway
Discord is confidential for some reason, but you can get it if you ask someone in teamspeak I think

If I don't buy the new Kuznetsov model , will I still be able to use it in multiplayer servers whose owners have it and I can I refuel and rearm on it?

in all likelihood you won't be able to join servers using it.

See: WW2 assets

Your rope will have 50% weakness modifier
You will get only rope instead of 4
Ramp will be a bit lower for you
And last of all, anyone who has the kuznetsov will be able to steal your carrier su-33 slot

thanks!

What if Wags doesn't like FLIR and shut down ground texture mods because of this?
Fucking better FLIR fucking when

can't fucking wait

what a dumb picture

ok where can i find these power fantasies?

>murca getting a vietnamese dick
A perfect picture

I think thats a NorK MiG
google

>F-104
Reee

Sorry F-4
I mixed up that image with this one files along with other ones

How many MiG-29's does NK have

Enough.

Around 30 monkey models I think?

90+ IIRC

Nah, it's not the Nork aircraft that are a threat, it's the overwhelming surface to air threat that covers more or less the entire country.

fresh off the presses. more on the way, expect them slowly though

>game pipper

>Kill self

>game pipper

Not him but what do you mean?

>pip gamer

spioenkop.blogspot.be/2014/02/the-kpaf-investigated-north-koreas-mig.html

He's complaining that I don't have the MiG-21's "realistic IR pipper" setting or whatever its called, turned on. Honestly I don't care, I just have some nice fightin' footage to share

though not high quality. Anyone help? I'm rather new to the webm scene

Are you using 'webm for retards' program?

Not him but
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

>52 seconds long
anything above 20 seconds generally looks like shit familia
also give Xmedia Recode a shot