/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Lang edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favorite cases or characters it's all welcome here.

>What is Attorney Online?

In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases, Investigations and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/13DDwBcpxQp3p7AQDSLLf6TysJTsDr_EbypQs45zHZ-4/edit
Be sure to check there for the Quickstart Guide!

>Gameplay footage?
You can find a list of streamers and recorders for a general time frame here:
pastebin.com/kg2VnSYd

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of individual cases cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>How to create black footage for the 3DS games
docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#

>News
DGS2 trailer youtube.com/watch?v=U6oclCrPyNo
DGS1 translated playthrough is back on youtube youtube.com/watch?v=0m-AdWHDEAA&list=PL1vvPkGTr_iR67W3Cpmw5APvfCoQYmVoX
youtube review youtube.com/watch?v=C0Q1zwvI_i0

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1xTw9GhPn1DYiTmgE_W5H7sQ8eK3NIFCACv5ja3CV2Yk/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=BD3VJGDqphM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>time travel rape case actually goes well

Who would have thought?

Is it time to die already?

Yes

Dungeons and Dragons format when

You know who would just kill it, don't bother.

GET READY FOR MY SUICIDAL ATTEMPT AT CHANGING IT UP

This week I will be running 10 (fucking TEN!) new written CTs. 2 back to back every day for 5 days starting tuesday.

Buckle the fuck in.

>changing it up by doing the exact same thing
ok

What "secret" emotes are there? I know about Iris Fey's gun/kid mode and Layton's gun, but what other emotes require ini editing to use?

s c h e d u l e

>require ini editing to use
what

Bump

ADD IT TO THE SCHEDULE YOU KEKOLD

Fuck that, kingdom death monster format when?

Chiaki's swim suits. L'Belle's different hair colors

Crazy naoto

Is hutch the best meme?

The best meme is Kay "Autismus Maximus" Faraday

That's a shit meme though

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Kay will be gone when summer ends

>gets banned for being underage
>comes back with the same ooc

Is this a special kind of autism?

Kids are dumb. Especially those who don't think to read the rules

Who?

ERPearl/PearlyLayton

PUT IT ON THE FCUKCSDINB SHCELDUVLDH ALREADY YOU SFHVCHX

should /aog/ die?

All it takes is one person to fuck up a whole case.

DID someone just fuck up a case?

>All it takes is one person that everyone else refuses to work around to fuck up a whole case
Fixed that for you

>Started peanutbanting midcase because they were bantering like it was recess about how it didn't seem like a turnabout
I'm sorry but holy fuck, play less loungy music when bullying the defense and maybe I would tell the difference between recess and (((CASE)))

Maybe read the status.

>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE STATUS SAID CASING.

You can come back in a day.

I was in the room for the past hour at least, and last I checked it was recess, and the tone didn't change in the slightest from what I kept track of, so it seemed evident that it was still recess.

>Enter area
>idle in it
>not actively knowing what the status is, and not checking beforehand
>expecting no retaliation for basically failing every single task that would let you know if the area was casing, such as
* Checking /status
* Asking OOC
* checking /area

No, one person really can fuck everything up.

this is only justifiable if the status itself is recess. you were in the wrong.

I'm not saying I was in the right or the people just trying to case were in the wrong, I'm saying that I felt completely fooled.
I'll shut up now. Enjoy the case.

>4 hours
>JUST got to first wit CE

Jury trials were a mistake.

What the fuck

The detective fucked up the case with >>>pullies

bumpu

There are no rules other than those decided on entirely by the participants. One person only has as much sway as the rest of the players let them have

That's very easy to say in ignorance of the various cases where one person has sent a case spiraling downhill.

The jury case that took 4 hours to get to wit 1 was ruined by the detective.

How are jury trial to blame here though?

We need some people for a JoJo part 2 AAI. Lead Rival and Steno are needed. The meme role is open too.

L'Belle removal when?

never he's the best character reeeeeeeeee

Is this a JoJo reference?

Life is a JoJo reference.

who actually watches case recordings
how much of them are watched fully

Little and none, respectively. I could give analytics for specific videos if you're interested

I like to watch highlights from previous cases because I can't case anymore because of real life obligations so don't take that from me user.

The judge, prosecution, and defense each have the power to end a cross examination early and send the detective out. The fault lies also with them for being ignorant of that power, or simply refusing to use it for the sake of following the standard formula of going completely through the detective before moving on to an actual witness. They could have sent him away in character at any time, and muted/reported him if he refused to leave, but they chose not to, even at the expense of the case.

Honestly, most of the blame lies with judges in these situations. They should be most aware of that power, and while I didn't see this specific trial, most judges don't play the role to you know, "judge and keep the trial going quickly" so much as play the role as "peanut who gets to bantz in IC". It's been an issue for as long as the server's existed.

He had contradictions that broke the case, don't play this coy game of "oh yeah just throw the detective out this is fine he's not at fault".

Witness have been kicked and their testimonies expunged. Time machines, both figurative and literal, have been used in cases to undo horrible mistakes. The actions of one shit individual can always be overturned, fixed, or ignored by others. It's just a matter of how much effort it involves and people's willingness to make said effort. Also, the fact that I'm even suggesting he be thrown out means that I don't think he's not at fault. But whether the contradiction was solely from his testimony or an inherent problem with the case, the fault lies with not only the person who made the mistake, but the people with the capacity and ability to correct it that didn't

H H H RETURN OF ESL FEEN.

You also seem to avoid the fact that one person can kill the will and drive to continue by their actions. But no, throwing them out will make it all fixed, somehow.

>There are 2 on going CT chronos
>There's a third going to start
What the fuck have you created?

If a person's will to continue was drained at the first real part of a trial, they clearly did not have that much to begin with. I've seen plenty of cases where a person's fuckups were the straw that broke the camel's back, but they were always followed by long stretches of other mistakes and bad players that built up to it. Through the 4 hours that was spent on the detective, I can't think of a single moment on that timeline where the detective fucks up where it could solely be his fault.
Fuck up at the beginning? It's clear he's not worth having and should be skipped.
Past an hour? The defense has already gone over the usual time it takes to go through the detective, so they're at fault for dragging the cross-examination for so long even before the problem happens.
Before the one hour mark? That means you spent over 3 hours arguing over one particular thing, when most cases don't even have that much time total of the benches actually discussing topics in the case unless there's some heavy circular arguments

Yeah improv is a style known for its practitioners ignoring new elements brought into their improv session when it inconveniences them.

You clearly didn't watch the case, because there were multiple things the detective fucked up that the defense explained, and the prosecution realized all of it at the first wit contradiction.

They literally gave up because shit was so nonsensical.

As much as it's known for its practitioners continuing to do something after it's become clear it's not worth doing because that's how things were done before

If we're going to ignore improv when it inconveniences us, we might as well just do premade cases.

You mean like we've been doing for a while, where the case is not allowed to start until everyone's pre-written their testimonies, opening statements, rebuttals and banter quips?

No? Plenty of people improv tasties, opening statements, and the rest.

To the person who spammed the witness testimony button roughly 50 times during a case for the second time: You can come back in 3 days.

Which is always met with an extreme negative reaction towards the person who did it because a good chunk of the playerbase is incapable of handling anything live or unexpected, and that percentage is constantly growing. We stopped being improv almost a year and a half ago.
Anyway, our improv doesn't even mean rolling with anything and everything that comes up. Otherwise, any jump-ins should not only be allowed, but also taken seriously at all times. But we have rules against jump-ins, and peoples are well within their rights to not use that as improv material. You know what else is probably an unspoken rule? Don't majorly fuck up the case premise, which it sounds like the detective definitely did. And that doesn't even touch on the fact that this is a courtroom setting, where throwing out a bad witness is not only allowed, but expected

i'm gonna brush your asshole with my foot if u don't unban me bitch >:((((

>tfw the closest thing you can get to a true improv-style trial is whose court

Give me something to have an argument about. I want to bump the thread with discussion

Acro > Rimes

Why was the fifth ace in Shadi's hand when Phoenix was supposed to be the one framed for cheating?

Because it failed? I don't know it's been a while

The plan explicitly worked though up until that point, Phoenix was searched but had already put the card in the bottle

Where have all the good judges gone?

this was a good one

they've gone nowhere since in the first place there was never any good judges

WHY *CLAP ARE *CLAP THEY *CLAP NOT *CLAP ON *CLAP THE *CLAP SCHEDULE *CLAP

docs.google.com/document/d/1xTw9GhPn1DYiTmgE_W5H7sQ8eK3NIFCACv5ja3CV2Yk/edit?usp=sharing

this case is already a big meme

>Posting a doc MIDCASE
FUCK you, user.

>already a big meme
How so?

Gee whiz, I wonder what could have happened.

I am having a problem with Google Docs and was wondering if someone can make a strawpoll in lieu for this song being Presto please:

youtube.com/watch?v=BD3VJGDqphM

Thanks in advance.

Well, if nobody puts it up there, it's a good sign that they don't want it

Is Phoenix a shitter?

Wait why is Gant there?

Where were you when the cc discord circlejerk died and cc became Gato's private chrono bitch?

WHERE ARE THE CT'S