How do we get these barbarians off our roads?

How do we get these barbarians off our roads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WYOnxZpKpO4
nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/driver-found-guilty-hit-run-killing-williamsburg-cyclist-article-1.3521056
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*blocks ur path*

>clear laws
>proper infrastructure
>proper education on both sides
That's about it, really.

I like to tap their heads when I ride past on my motorcycle. Either that or I just rev really loudly as I pass them.
If I'm driving I make a point to pass them as closely as I can. Unfortunately I don't think they'll be disappearing anytime soon, at least I ride most of the time so they're not really a hassle.

if its just one guy rolling down the road? who cares
if the man wants to go fast, let him.
a group of them taking up an entire lane? tailgate and lay on the horn
>tfw no audio on dashcam
>can easily claim i gave them a single beep

youtube.com/watch?v=WYOnxZpKpO4

This

i clotheslines one with my dog
fucker was lucky my dog didn't get hurt

to anyone raging at cyclists:
Try being one for a week

the ram and jam

Why would I want to lol, just get a better job. Cars can be had for 1k.

There are plenty of reasons to bike when it's just better than a vehicle. So much more than price
The average bike tire is about $20 too just saying. Cheap is nice to have too

ban Lycra ?
dat little wheelie at the end

Life > $1,000

nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/driver-found-guilty-hit-run-killing-williamsburg-cyclist-article-1.3521056

top lel

In my neighborhood I've come across a few assholes. Only a few people respect the bike so I'm not surprised. Typical Camaro driver

People talk shit about cyclists and alot of morons seem to have a bunch of irrational anger at them but they've gotta have some big balls. People don't give a shit about you if you're on a motorbike and a motorbike goes the same speed as traffic, these dudes seem nuts to me.

The hell. Is it even legal to bicycle on a freeway?

>implying i'm a nocar on Veeky Forums
Nigger I have a car, although not impressive. I like both driving and cycling. Being in the two roles really helps you see the whole perspective.

Lol not in Ontario, but I don't know where this is. There are even big signs at the start of most on ramps that say NO BICYCLES OR FOOT TRAFFIC.

That faggot biker didn't even LOOK before sticking his arm out to turn. Does he honestly think a 20,000lbs truck going 70mph can stop that quickly?

>they are always running lights and stop signs
>transform between pedestrian and cars on their liking
my worst experience so far
>turning on left while green
>faggot bike into the road from the sidewalk into my path
>honk him once and he stopped in the path
>tells me to go to another lane
>fucken ignores him and lay on the horn until he moves
>people in the car say Im in rage
>mfw when I really want to run him over

This last sunday I was driving ~40 in a 35mph road in the right hand lane.
A bicyclist comes hauling ass, I imagine 30mph from a side street directly into my lane a few feet infront of me.
He did not have the right of way, he was legally obligated to stop, check, and then proceed, but he didn't.
He went extremely fast, without looking, through a guttered intersection (aka gravel land) directly infront of me, cutting me off. I had to switch lanes to avoid hitting him.

Bicyclists are human trash.

I'm sorry, a bicycle cannot sustain speeds upwards of 25mph on varied terrain.
Bicycles should be banned from roads they cannot safely match the speed of traffic on.
Bike lanes are utter trash too, they mean that a driver must both check his mirrors and the side walk, and to the left of himself before turning. Putting a straight "lane" to the right of a right hand turn lane is retarded as fuck.

id ride on the fucking sidewalk, or on the shoulder

they all deserved it

The truck went through the out-of-bounds area, the cyclist was merging into a brand new lane. Trucker was in the wrong regardless of the fact that there are cyclists on the freeway (??)

>blaming the car driver
The bike rider is always at fault. This man should be acquitted of all wrongdoing and the bikerider's family should be made to surrender all of their non-motorized vehicles.

man, I cycle every day, and that cyclist was a complete madman in every aspect possible. Even if riding on the highway, which is already begging for suicide, at least he should have kept on the border side, especially if there was an emergency lane. This guy must be fearless.
No "would", try it. The worst when cycling is being stuck on the road because you missed the entry into the bike lane, and can't stop to lift your bike over the wall. Sidewalks are even worse when at least a bit crowded.

>t. keyboard tough guy
IRL you're surely too fat to even ride a bike

The fact that I live in the middle of nowhere is the reason why I do not ride bicycles anywhere and why I hate people riding on the backroads at speeds as slow as 10mph to and from work. Common speed on these roads is 40-50mph, and I would gladly enforce a no-bikes-on-roads law by removing cyclists in my car.

>both sides
they are on OUR roads not the other way around

cuckroaches can go get splatted by a truck for all i care

>No bike path
dont ride on public roads then fuck off they are insanely annoying here in aus and i cycle offroad sometimes they cause so many accidents are ride like absolute faggots with no reguards to peoples health or safety constantly blaming cars.

>I would gladly enforce a no-bikes-on-roads law by removing cyclists in my car.
Since I assume you live in america for considering living so far from a town without being some kinda farmer, I'll be glad to know any cyclist would be even gladder to pump your cunt ass full of lead in the event you got a balls transplant and tried anything like that.

>implying I wouldn't immediately fire back
I am registered as an LtCH holder in my state of residence; and not only do I carry a 10mm Glock handgun about me at all times, I have a 12-gauge shotgun in condition 3 underneath my rear seat in the event where I need it. I have seen zero bikeriders commuting on the backroads. They're always doing it for "exercise" and are what I've heard been called "scenic bikeriders". They live in these cushy HOA neighborhoods and commute in automobiles to work but clog the roads with their low-powered pedal machines and ride IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LANE ALONE.

God I miss the 80s where that shit was only in the cities.

>>implying I wouldn't immediately fire back
I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure you can't retaliate after getting shot a few times, also you'll have deserved it. So spare us the embarassing "me big boy me have plenty o guns" parade.

>I have seen zero bikeriders commuting on the backroads. They're always doing it for "exercise" and are what I've heard been called "scenic bikeriders".
Then why are so so pissy you bitch ? Let them enjoy their hobbies, just like you probably enjoy driving on those backroads. Maybe try biking yourself, you'll see it's a very different pleasure and you'll be able to drop some fat and gain cardio.

>muh gas
>The average bike tire is about $20 too just saying
I love that this is all bikefags have in their arguments on why not cars

>The truck went through the out-of-bounds area
possibly to avoid the cyclist in the middle of the lane

>the cyclist was merging into a brand new lane
nope
that lane had already ended by the time he started indicating (if that feeble attempt even counts)
also there is no bike lane just the shoulder

>I love that this is all bikefags have in their arguments on why not cars
Dropped on your head as a kid ? On short-ish distances, a bike is the best alternative:
>spares running your car for trivial shit
>no parking, no gas
>applies to Euro cities: can ride through pedestrian-only city centers, sparing the need to circle around the city
>gets a bit of exercize
>easy to stop on the way to check a new shop, etc
>better enjoyment of good weather
>avoids traffic jams
Hate using my car for commuting, I prefer saving it for pleasures drives on the evening

How the fuck does one even carry while riding a bike without printing? Not the guy you're replying to but I cannot comfortably carry on any of my motorcycles short of my Harley cruiser, so how would a cyclist wearing lycra biking gear and a camelbak be able to carry?

bikes are literally for children and faggots

>sidewalks are even worse when the least bit crowded
That's how it feels to drive on the road with all you bike fags

Get lawmakers to accept that bike lanes should be separately paved roads, not fucking new lines making existing roads narrower.
The current solution is awful for both bikers and drivers.

I bike short distances about a half mile to a mile through a lot of pedestrian only areas. Pedestrians to a bike are exactly what a bike is to a car. Fortunately pedestrian only areas are effectively anarchy aside from not hitting the slow walking fuckers, and people don't generally bike on roads here.

There are spots around here. Usually in rural areas where there aren't any parallel surface streets.

>Moving under your own agency is less mature than just pushing go in your shitbox
Literally the soy mindset

>pushing go
>pressing a pedal, ordering your carburetor butterfly valve to open and generating thousands of miniature explosions per minute burning millenia-old fossils and alcohol to drive literal tons of steel, aluminum and glass down a road paved with more millenia-old fossils
>soy mindset
laffing so hard right now

I imagine trucker and train drivers feel much the same way about lesser vehicles

Trucker here.
Yes.

the truck was avoiding the cyclist
Probably saved the dumb fuckers life

Also fuck you

stop hitting the brakes

fuck no

thats the dumbest fucking shit
ride in a neighborhood with a 25mph speed limit where you're not going to cause a crash

ITT: cagerrage

i don't care when they're on the road because i can pass them fairly easily and then they aren't a problem anymore

but the faggots that (illegally) ride on the pavement and expect pedestrians to get out of the way piss me off, and i don't stop for these fuckers when they use a crossing either, fucking stupid cunt cocksucker motherfuckers shit

>OUR roads

You do know that it was cyclists that paved the roads, right?

i rode a bicycle to work for 3 years. Never once did i go out into the middle of the goddamn road, Never once did I try and "control a lane", never once did i go onto a 50MPH stretch of road and lazily plod along at 15mph, Never once did i try and cut a motorcyclist off because "you own this turn". Never once did i do alot of this shit you shitters do and try and claim "W-well it's legal!"

I hope each one of you gets hit just hard enough where your bike is bent or something.

That dude got fucking WHOMPED!!!!!

>20,000lbs truck
That truck probably weighed at least 75k lbs, most flat beds are 25k lbs plus. People really need to be more careful around them.

Why are western cyclists so incompetent

you drive bike on side of road so cars can go around if they are faster, problem solved

This really. There are just as many shifty cyclists as there are shifty drivers. The real problem is morons.

>20,000lbs truck
My UPS truck weighs 21k pounds unloaded

>Changes lanes without even shoulder-checking
This is wildly irresponsible. We expect better from drivers.

they can't stay on the border side when there is an exit they would have to cross the road
truck was on the exit lane he didn't try to avoid anyone he was probably cooking or some shit
the truck was on the exit lane and just went straight knowing there was going to be a lane just after

bicycle are illegal on highway but the truck is clearly the one causing the incident

The problem is busy city roads where the shoulder is parking for vehicles and bikes are banned from sidewalks for "pedestrian safety". You can't just go around them without going into the secondary lane

>bicycle are illegal on highway
>truck is clearly the one causing the incident

?????????

/ourguy/

Pass laws restricting non-motorized equipment to roads with speed limits under 20mph (or the maximum reasonable speed of a pedal bycicle, so maybe 15 maximum) and requiring slower traffic to give right-of-way to faster traffic.

>That's how it feels to drive on the road with all you bike fags
>Pedestrians to a bike are exactly what a bike is to a car.
No you fucking faggots, use your frucking brains. When you pass a bicyle, he just continues rolling in the same direction, you let a bit of distance, pass him and that's over. Meanwhile cycling on a pedestrian sidewalk is like driving through a geesefarm at 80mph.

>b-ut look those explosions are so manly ! that makes me manly !
The soy mindset indeed

Give them reason to fear you.

>can't generate amounts of power man could only dream of 150 years prior to propel himself down a stretch of road at speeds man could only dream of only 150 years prior

when there's a pack of bikers like in its like riding a bike down a crowded sidewalk.

Where I live you're obligated by law to move to single-file when a car wants to pass, and bikes aren't even allowed on most roads with speed limits over ~30mph.

Most cyclists don't ever look behind themselves though until you are riding on their ass dangerously close. On top of that, at least where I'm from, not all roads have proper breakdown lanes, either due to narrow road design or erosion, which means that to pass even a single file line of cycles who are as far as they can be to the edge of the road safely requires you to cross the double yellow.

Daily reminder that most people are irrational, angry filled dorks on this website

>Riding on the sidewalk is dangerous because the pavement is not even , dangerous for pedestrians
>Riding in the shoulder is dangerous because of debris
Yeah they're some weird bikers that act officious but they're the equivalent of teen girl/soccer mom drivers.
Plus how are you gonna get so mad a cyclist? It takes a second to peacefully overtake and God forbid it takes slightly longer.

Tldr; control your anger/autism issues

t. Car driver

you're still a little faggot if you tie your masculinity to the use of cars you stupid fuck, can't you get it ? Everyone here defending cyclists owns both a car and a bicycle, even a motorcycle for some. You're just behaving like a typical redneck fatass who gets asshurt everytime he has to share road with other people. God forbid people use the road in other ways.

/thread

Bikes are better for cities than cars. Why would you want to drive in a crowded inner city?

>our roads
>our
This is both your problem and solution.
They need theirs and there needs to be law forbidding them on yours. Everything else is bound to fail.

>build some new roads for every type of vehicle
or maybe
>get some intelligence in OP's cum drenched skull
Roads are meant for everyone. The solution is to stop acting like a butthurt lardass. You don't see heavyweight semi trucks plow through cars acting all "get off my road you hoon faggots".

I owned a bicycle and commuted with it every day during my college years. I now own a motorized bicycle (a Tomos, not the no-brand chink ones), a motorcycle and several cars, all of which are superior to a pedal-only bicycle. The first being because it burns very little gas (100mpg-ish) and can get up to 40mph easily. The second because it's highway-worthy and can keep up in all traffic. The cars because the cager is the greatest invention of Man.

>endless bikerider ad-hominem
>lol you hate bikes cuz fat
bikes are the niggers of the road

I think bicycles need some form of registration now so there is a papertrail of ownership so that dangerous cyclists that ignore the rules of the road can get prosecuted.

These dickheads in London that go through reds, zebra crossings and go through ridiculous gaps in blindspots with absolutely zero thought only to get into a road rage need to get lined up and shot

>waaaah they exposed me as the 200lbs manchild I am ! Waaaaaah !
How is an ad-hominem ? Just because he told you to "stop acting like a butthurt lardass" doesn't invalidate his point about roads having to be shared sensibly instead of acting as if you're some kind of road warrior.

Roads should be segregated between motorized and non-motorized vehicles to minimize road rage when a bicyclist pack is riding at 15mph on a 40mph 2-lane road with no shoulder, causing cars to go across the double yellow to pass them.

>to minimize road rage
Are you litterally trying to justify costly roads because of your hurt feefees ?
>when a bicyclist pack is riding at 15mph on a 40mph 2-lane road with no shoulder, causing cars to go across the double yellow to pass them.
Yeah some roads are a bit small, but so what ? Also yes, just waituntil it's safe and pass over the double yellow. It's no big deal.

Or just do what I typically do and ride hard on the cyclist's ass and lay on the horn until they stop and exit the road like they're supposed to legally, to yield right-of-way to a motor vehicle overtaking them.

>imbecile with a bicycle on the highway
>already illegal
>stick arm out, not even look behind
>70000 lbs truck stomps him
>"man how could his have happened? Fuck cagers"
Having a bicycle is a big and pulsing sign saying "I've autism please treat me with care".

>ride hard on the cyclist's ass and lay on the horn
you're a fucking retard but yes, signaling them with the horn is also a solution if the law around you makes it illegal to pass the double orange to overtake a cyclist.

It's unfortunate that my euro shitbox rolls a glorious T H I C C . B L A C K . F O G when I accelerate hard.
The hazards of the road :^)

>driving a pathetic diesel shitbox
You're already punishing yourself kid. Spare us your bitter road vigilante fantasies.

>bike apologists itt

literally cringing senpai

>>bike apologists itt
>literally cringing senpai
Everyone doesn't have to be a retarded "us vs them" raging manchild. The road is for everyone, otherwise every single car travel of yours would be a real-life Duel.

Post more cyclists

>The road is for everyone
I agree, as long as you follow the rules and use common sense and decency.

However, most of the armstrong wannabes on the road don't bother and ride around like it's everyone else's responsibility to make sure they're not run over.

Cycling at 20mph on a freeway is literally impeding traffic and creating a deadly situation. Cyclist deserved to be crippled/killed.

Bad rivers exist in all kinds of vehicles. No need to act like an asshurt bitch, since reckless cyclists don't get the same advantages bad SUV/truck drivers get. See , a retarded cyclist pays his retardation. A retarded SUV/truck damages everyone but its driver.

This. It's why I hate using public ski hills now. Everyone thinks it's my responsibility to just ride around them while they weave all over the fucking hill like retards, fucking up my sweet lines and speed runs.

>getting mad speed
>low drag
>some autistic yuppie has her toddler on a 12' leash, pizza-ing and french-frying down the fuckin hill
>can't stop
>won't stop
>gotta go fast
>hit the middle of the leash so hard and fast it pulls from her hand and rips the toddler 20 feet down the hill before snapping back
>kid is now starfished in the middle of the run
>yuppie mother screaming in horror
>but i can't stop
>gotta keep moving
>gotta go fast

>I like to tap their heads when I ride past on my motorcycle.

Same. Good lad.