/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Even Better Sequel Edition

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Bullet Soul Infinite Burst
store.steampowered.com/app/545060/BULLET_SOUL_INFINITE_BURST/
>Graze Counter
store.steampowered.com/app/629440/Graze_Counter/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Castle of Shikigami (Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/582980/Castle_of_Shikigami/
>Dangun Feveron M2 port (PS4)
Somewhere on PSN
>Bullet Soul
store.steampowered.com/app/544580/
>Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/
>Zangeki Warp
store.steampowered.com/app/564040/

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
youtube.com/watch?v=M0Z0yj5IDdI
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
kourindou.exblog.jp/25711799/
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eu6HUzB82b4
igg-games.com/caladrius-blaze-free-download.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

garegga is better

Espgaluda is pretty relaxing desu. Nothing really difficult at all until Mothula shows up.

>iMalice
>Ever coming out

Mahou Daisakusen >>>>> Buttrider

both dad shit

Who is best Mahou? I'm digging Bornham.

Chitta is best waifu desu

pea brain detected, muh only shoot n move.

>tfw every squire grooktook farm post includes a nauseating ign tier review.

His reviews are perfectly fine

THE HARDEST VIDEO GAME BOSS EVER

>squire detected

Mate every shit post he makes has to be accompanied by one, such a retarded infant.

that's all a shmup need 2bh, although mahou's problem is that compilesque pace at times

you must have a pebble brain since you can't 2-all it

>that's all a shmup need 2bh
>2000 games
>all the same

Yeah man thats all we need.

>you must have a pebble brain since you can't 2-all it
Pebbles are bigger than peas and how you know i can't?

how are xevious. gradius and truxton the same, are u dumb

gradius introduced options so isn't the same and various shot types, are YOU dumb?

it's still just shoot 'n move like the game you dissed, are u dumb

try tampax.

Medaling is harder in Mahou than in butrider

what medalling? those are power up iconms and irrelevant, now try chaining batrider last advanced on above normal rank.

stupid? there regularly appear coin bags on the top of the screen, which you have to point-blank to get all coins, kinda like in Viper Phase

they are power ups for shot and no not the type icons they increase stable shot.

They still give extra points though, and are basically like medaling, just without chains.
if you play for score you constantly have to get them all, which s really difficult.

it isn't the same though is it, it's autistic dad scoring exploiting something even the devs didnt care about, yes it may be difficult.

>exploiting something even the devs didnt care about
Got any source for that? The score you get from collecting coins decently is quite significant.

its fucking obvious you daft cunt that's why the value is static and only attributed after max power is reached, fuck outta here autismo dadling.

rate

>that's why the value is static
It's an old game, stupid. They probably didn't even think about chaining systems back then. And it's not like it isn't already hard enough without chaining.

>only attributed after max power is reached
And? That's only smart. That way they kill two birds with one stone. Devs constantly did this, also with bombs for example.

>It's an old game, stupid
yes before score systmes even existed, scoring systems were response to players playing for score in autistic ways they didnt expect, like you say with bombs the whole scoring was based around rewards for perfect survival. Fuck me you're to young to know fuck all about arcades, go away and stop replying ffs.

fucking even by esprade in 97 cave didn't expect shit thats why the fucked up with overly long boss timers "we didn't expect anyone to do it!" and that's in a game WITH a scoring system.

>scoring systems were response to players playing for score in autistic ways they didnt expect
Bullshit. If they didn't expect this, then they wouldn't give the player points for it.
It's the exact same as fucking medaling, ecept it doesn't have chaining and also powers up your shot.

You are just pulling shit out of your ass.

>You are just pulling shit out of your ass.
no its a fact of development, study your history plebian. Now fuck off i'm ignoring you from here on in.

>cave
There you have your problem.
Cave is incompetent and has overly complicated scoring systems.
Mahou scoring is not complicated, that's why it's sure that the devs surely noticed that the power ups function as medals too.

>says it's a fact
>can't give any source
Yea nah, you are just pulling shit

go read some shmupulations....no im not spoonfeeding baby again.

>before score systmes even existed
Guy, even space invaders already had scoring systems
Fuck off

I already read lots of shmuplations, you are full of shit
Sure, scoring systems were partly response to playstyles of players, but that#s doesn't mean that the medaling in Mahou was not intended as medaling.

>playing dad games for score
lol? just when i thought shmupg couldnt sink any lower

First time I made it to last stage in Strikers loop 2 practice. Wiiiju, already lost hope getting any better.

rate my futari original 1cc

never played bullet soul, but good job I guess

You have beaten ISO. That must mean you are an exceptional player

not bad, good basis to build on.

>can't beat dad game with kusoplayer shippu
What has Germany become?

>dad game
It's not a dad game, it's crypto danmaku

>kusoplayer shippu
Neger, try playing that ship and come back to me. There probably is a reason why everyone only uses Messerschmidt

>crypto danmaku

anything made before dodonpachi is dad game

i think i fucking love batrider, this is the first game where i enjoy everything, graphics, music, gameplay and scoring, everything is just perfect.

after dodonpachi is shit, dadgon over dragon.

/shmupg/, you died...

>/shmupg/, you died...
we realized harry is a false prophet who deosn't even play shmups, all struggles became futile.

I'm beginning to understand why Jaimers - a high-tier player - wastes his time to play shitty games like the latest poohous. He doesn't do it because he actually likes these games, he does it in hopes to promote the genre.
Weebs is the primary audience that you can get interested in shmups for a variety of reasons: their blind acceptance of everything nipponish, their readyness to devote time and effort required to appreciate this kind of media, their experience in searching for obscure things. They are straight up prone to love shmups.
So a weeb learns that poohou16 is out, he follows the hype and gets the game, he sucks in it - though it is pretty difficult to suck in poohou16 - and starts lurking to get better. He discovers the jaimers youtube channel and learns about many other stgs, and there is an odd chance that he will stick to the genre and become a part of the community.
It's also the reason why CAVE is still staying afloat - they are wise enough to cater to weebs.
By bullying weebs and weebish games in this general we basically aggravate the decline of the genre. We should stop doing so.

cool story, but most likely he just plays them for fun.
also, you have to be autistic to think anyone bullies weebs, it's just banter by people who play the same weeb shit(i.e. any shmup).

>He doesn't do it because he actually likes these games, he does it in hopes to promote the genre.

haha no he doesn't he does it to promote himself and create a stable enough fanbase to make money from, precisely why he wastes his talent on 1cc collecting instead of going for an epic score, my nigga jaimers wants to get paymoarz

That's the funny thing, yesterday was the first time in like a month that I played Deathsmiles. I didn't have internet all weekend, so I wound up playing it a bit. And when I came back, /shmupg/ had died! Perhaps it's a curse...

Someone went on a Love Live thread creation raid earlier and killed off a lot of generals

PLAY ANOTHER SHMUP HARRY.

PLAY PROGEAR HARRY

If he really gave a shit about the state of shmups he'd go out of his way to inform 2hufags that other shmups even exist and encourage playing them. If you really want to understand Jaimers' intentions, look at his fucking Undertale videos.

these undertale vids are probably the only ones that turned any noticeable profit, so if he wanted youtube money he'd still be playing undertale or some undertale fangames.

Look at the archive, someone was spamming threads.

Show me the BS leaderboards and then I'll r8

Well that's unfortunate.

too busy playing mobage

>mobage

Today I have a rather good Armed Police Batrider high-scoring clear by CLP: youtube.com/watch?v=Eu6HUzB82b4

Still waiting for replays, as usual. If you feel like you have any clear worth uploading, feel free to send it in!

GOING FOR THE WORM

>m actual fw
it is a little way off my pb paces but it's IN DA BANK so now i play all out aiming for I.

WTF are you making shit up for? that's peanuts, the only notable source of points in mahou daisakusen is killing everything, and the main deal breaker in a score run is the stage 4 boss milk in both loops which is hoping you get the right RNG over and over. the game has garbage scoring and doesn't have chaining, the coins just increase your shot power

don't listen to him he's too busy trying to win an argument for an ego boost to go back and check the facts, coins are for shot power, not score

>don't listen to him he's too busy trying to win an argument for an ego boost to go back and check the facts, coins are for shot power, not score
yeah i know mate, dudes a plum and i played mahou a bunch myself ages ago.

Just a better Deviate and Grubby and you'll beat my run. tried milking deviate without options? it's not easy but worth the trouble at this level. a big Grubby milk is worth twice the amount you got out of him so that's a big improvement to look for. I might remember wrong but I think you lost 50k from no aura on green toothpaste. mainly though it's just survival milk the mayhem. I see some other things here and there. pretty sure you should be hugging gob-robo's shoulder when he's firing bullets. better to double bomb the madball thingies on stage 6. Nice run though gonna keep working on it?

That's some good shit, nice job Cee.

Yeah man i've had E.6 pace entering the last stage but this run was more about getting something down as it's just how i work now i don't feel frustrated going all out. Grubby had trolled my runs to many times around the period so i forfeited his potential and i actually have all new strats now for stage 3 and deviate which has me leaving stage with with 5.2 mill average. Why would i need 2 bombs on the madballs though? i usually wait to the last moment and use 1 for both, am i losing something by doing this?

ty user

to add i lose the E.6 last stage run to getting blind shot from behind by a little CUNT under that stupid invisible cover bit at the beginning, that shit is annoying.

nice to see a healthy 77 viewers enjoying aquas playing gradius 4, i have noticed this before that normies/general gamers tend to be attracted and intrigued by gradius games I always figured it's because they are hori and more rellatable or something.

No I think you're right, I'm misremembering the madballs here. Might be 2 bobms with a different character I'm thinking.

And yeah I know about that grubby shit, back when I was doing team runs I've had a fucking dozen of them just game over either on the end of stage 6 or on grubby, or on bashi R/glowsquid. that was harsh. I got a better handle on grubby when I was focusing on carpet solo later though, thankfully.

Grubbys issue for me is how the game slowdown fucks response time, feels like some neo shit as you watch a "blue line" echo towards you and kill a good second after you pressed bomb and tried to panic wiggle. Still loving the carpet solo and i'm curious to see how high i can go, i think you know a games for you when the "goal" is just a backseat fixture behind just simply enjoying playing.

Always found it really easy to just churn in my credits in batrider myself, which you'd think could be an issue considering the length and how possible game overs are always around the corner. definitely a love for the presentation and atmosphere playing a role there, game just wants you to go in and kick some fucking ass. though I do feel some major frustration over the goddamn phantom deaths that can occur

going back to the previous discussion of batrider vs garegga in garegga i pretty much always felt that putting in another credit is a fucking chore. stages 2 and 3 especially are a fucking joke that just bores me out of my mind. what a goddamn disaster. meanwhile in batrider you just get thrown into a really eventful first few stages with just a few more boring bumps in the run in the form of some bosses.

fully agree garegga has some really obvious pacing issues and honestly has the streets of rage 2 effect (decent game elevated to deity status by the sound track) whilst batrider early as stage 2 boss is immediately risky with the only questionable thing really being gob robo although even then it's not to offensive (i figured if you get the medal arms first you have around 400k of milk before he fucks off). Actually i have a full retard question for you because i honestly am not sure, is there anyway to activate the sobut and envy with carpet solo? wasn't sure if i was just missing them out.

No way to activate them without batrider ships at least nothing i've heard of

Gob-Robo is a piece of crap but at least he's not too boring cause you gotta stay awake to score

so then chum return to buttwiper when?

Caladrius Blaze is 50% off on Steam atm (12.49usd down from 24.99usd)

unlikely but you never know what the future holds. all i have interest in doing from this point on is team scoring with high stakes so think 25 mil area goals for starters. the problem is that im not mentally prepared for it, have too much irl stuff in the way like crappy eyes and financial situation and if would rather do other stuff when able just working on double spoiler especially.

It died again you fucks.

see

looks boring as fuck

sorry to hear that, gotta do what you gotta do.

(you)

holy shit, how to play this game
so many shits on screen

igg-games.com/caladrius-blaze-free-download.html

bump

You ever used this place before? Looks sketch as fuck

>he does it in hopes to promote the genre
what's the proof? I only see more 2hu fags flocking
on the other hand guys streaming on twitch like aquas promote shumps better because I see more people playing it even though most of them are retro games, but it's all good

yes

Touhou is good, fuck off cave faggot

>Touhou is good

Has any good soul got a link for update 1.1.2.8 or 1.1.3.0 for Mushihimesama?

i have 1.1.2.0

does yours sometimes lag too?

yeah, especially on stage 3

Bahmpu~