/owg/ - Overwatch General

>The Summer Games 2017 event is Live!
>last year's summer games items are back for regular pricing (1x), while new items are also available for event pricing (3x)
>the event ends on August 28th
youtube.com/watch?v=2OWbGgGjdBk

>Event item tracker
js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/SUMMER_GAMES

>DEATHMATCH has been added to the PTR
>includes both 6v6 TDM and 8-man FFA
>along with a new map built for FFA (it's bloo's family home)
youtube.com/watch?v=4_CBzklel1c

>Most recent developer update video
youtube.com/watch?v=YPs__eUvtvU

>Newest comic
reader.madefire.com/work/w-a2da1239584645338362109be0e7f1fd/read/

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20861969
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

>Previous thread:

I WANT A REINHARDT TITTYPAD

Jamison Fawkes!

BEST SKINS IN THE GAME POWERRANKING

1. Zenyatta Nutcracker
[POWER GAP]
2. Dr. Junkenstein
3. Reaper Pumpkin

[HUGE POWER GAP]

4. Widowmaker Huntress
5. Pharah Anubis
6. Reinhardt Baldrich
7. Winston Explorer
8. Captain Amari
9. Witch Mercy
[Mild Powergap]
10. Grillmaster: 76
11. Genji Sentai
12. Torbjorn Ironclad
13. Sombra Cyberspace
14. B.Va
15. Lucio Jazzy

50. Orisa Null Sector
51. Tracer Graffiti

726. Mei Chang'e
727. Doomfist Irin
728. Bastion Doombuggy

901. Hanzo Lone Wolf/Okami
902. McCree Vigilante
9001. Junkrat Hayseed/Scarecrow
90001. Mercy Sigrun/Valkyrie
90002. Symmetra Devi/Goddess

9000000000000000. Tracer Ultraviolet
9000000000000001. Zarya Cybergoth

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
Lucio Ribbit / Hippityhop
Ana Shrike
Doomfist Spirit
Junkrat Jester/Fool
McCree Gambler

DUMBFIST HERE
youtube.com/watch?v=ROPRTf6W47s

Fuck this game sometimes, desu.

Grinding for loot boxes this event sucks dick.
Lucioball is boring af, 3v3 is salty, tm is stale af with doomfist, QP is still dull. Comp ending soon.
Wanna quit but need scuba titty sombra so bad.

How can someone be THIS cute?

that art is cool.

It is! I wasn't familiar with the artist before today, but I like their style!

Why does Mercy look pregnant in her new skin?

Why does the idea of her being pregnant make me get an erection?

>Amélie summer skin
>Chateau map
>buffs
Why is she so perfect?

where is topless mccree?

Just play Mystery Heroes.

>Why does Mercy look pregnant in her new skin?
You're seeing things. Wishful thinking, I guess.
>Why does the idea of her being pregnant make me get an erection?
Patrician tastes.

Hell no man, give me a 90% chance between roadhog or mei each god damn I play. Give the enemy 2 pharahs and it just kills me on the inside.

why is mexican tracer so much harder to play than lesbian tracer?

Shes a neet

She is very motherly looking. It would suit her.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with maining lucio

Another pozzed lucio

I hate it when I'm on the point and nobody is healing me at all, and I die on it fighting 4 people on the enemy team and I see my team literally 10m away, off the point, including Zen/Ana/Lucio and they're all poking at the enemy not getting any kills and not healing at all.
I don't understand these people at all. They're playing fucking Reaper or D.Va who have no range and they're poking from 30m out.and shit.

>trying to manage SR gains so I hit GM right before the last week with 7 days of no decay saved up

>number 1 not Sentai Genji

Junkrats scary....

kys weeb

I'm so fucking sick of people in this game who don't GROUP UP

No!

What if
What if
Junkrat was
The Talon Joker.

*runs head first into the whole enemy team alone and dies*
"wtf shit team what are you doing"

Did anyone just lose connection to the servers?

>2502 current
shitter

just as bad are passive teams that just let the enemy take objectives

How's the new hog changes on the PTR?

Not good enough. All it does is make him an ult battery

I finally made it to gm in lucioball, ask me anything.

Figured as much

F, old pig

>manage to snipe 3 people off the objective as Zen and discord a tank wearing him down
>everyone else is just pussyfooting the objective including our D.va, Tracer and Genji

Still haven't gotten any of the new skins. I'm tempted to buy up all of the cheap stuff like last year's sprays and voicelines to speed things along. Has anybody here done this? Is it a good idea?

More like

>On the payload
>Enemy team is on payload
>Team doesn't contest it ever
>3 people on the team are permanently 40 yards from the payload poking
>Other 2 guys are just around the map trying to be flankers or w/e
>"wtf shit team what are you doing"
>Enemy team pushes payload like 70m with no resistance

PORKED

I did it and I got like 6 legendary skins in 30 boxes since I didn't get any last year, but now I'm in dupe hell.

>I did it and I got like 6 legendary skins in 30 boxes since I didn't get any last year
I can't tell if you're being serious, this sounds magical.

>but now I'm in dupe hell
Really? That's interesting. I'm level 600+ and I haven't seen a single dupe ever since the update hit.

If you want to splash out on the cheap stuff then go ahead, it helps a little but really it depends on how many vanilla skins and voice lines you got already so those don't stack up to the effect.

Yeah it's like people don't understand that it's an objective-based game. It's really infuriating. Like I genuinely find myself wondering a lot if people understand you're supposed to play the objective and try to focus enemies and get key picks, not just endlessly poke and feed Mercy ults all fucking game long.

I don't even care about winning or losing but nothing tilts me like when my team doesn't understand basic shit like this and nobody tries to get on the objective besides me until it's like the last 30 seconds of the game when if they had tried that hard all game we would have won 10 times over.

>play three rounds of Mayhem
>get three PotGs

Reaper is fun

What does it feel like wasting time on not Rocket League?

Never spend gold if you're going to play.

I'm serious, I missed the event last year, bought up all the Summer Games sprays/voice lines, and then bought 20 lootboxes. I got both Zarya skins, both Tracer skins, and the new Widow and Mercy costumes along with like every single player icon and some purples. But now I'm just getting dupe sprays and dupe player icons/voice lines nonstop. I don't mind because it's building coins. It's mainly Summer Games dupes.

>you will be removed if you remain inactive
>fighting enemy team

How do I git gud at aiming?

I play mostly Mei Symm or Rein.

Playing Mei I feel dirty because at times I feel I am a detriment even if it is helping me secure kills or blocking ults/charges. Can't snipe across the map because I can't aim for shit.
My Symm is better but I play her rather dumbly/braindead and rush in. better with kills because her alt fire is retarded and car wash and tickle beam. I get more kills but I also die a lot. I feel useful here but there are definitely situations where I am useless or fall off because I'm outplayed obviously
Rein is 50/50 and it all depends on if there is a viable healer (someone who rides my dick desu) or a D.va that uses defense matrix to help me push, because I play him very aggressively. otherwise almost always dead because I'm stuck doing defense and my team is noheal or just retarded.

I want to play with people like Ana or Soldier or Sombra but I feel my shooting is really too shaky, or I'm just all over the place. I can't secure my kills most of the time.

Ingame sensitivity is at 5. Help

Has anyone found it really hard to climb out of a skill bracket you're not used to (Diamond -> Plat, for example)?

>Diamond for over 2 seasons now
>Hadn't played in more than 2 weeks
>Big loss streak
>Fall to mid-Plat
>Mostly Zen main
>Enemy DPS literally just walks through our lines and kill me
>D.Va doesn't even notice Reaper walk right past her and shoot me
>Winstons just jumping into the enemy team before anyones ready and feeding
>Team uses 5 ults at once, enemy Mercy flies out and Rez
>Impossible to coordinate focus fire
>Want to go DPS, but 3 people instalock DPS at the start every time
>Regularly solo healing, asked to Mercy rather than someone else swap to heals

Despite all this, everyone in this fucking skill tier thinks they're Top-500 level.

Fuck Plat so much.

No he isn't.

why is that picture so horrible

anime bodypillow

well if you can't get out, you fucking belong.

Here. Been a GM for two season but a bad loss streak dropped me to Diamond/Masters and every time I get close to escaping this hell I get another loss streak and drop back down to the 3500s. I know it's a meme to blame my team but when you're getting 40-50 elim consistently but still losing a game you can only assume it has to be them

I love how you think that you're better than the other players who're trapped in this hell.

>mfw figuring out how to play doomfist

why is he so fun lads? i love playing unarmed/monk characters and doomfist is the closest thing i'll ever get in this game

I just enjoy him because its some simple but effective shotgun fun, he's not "heavily" ability reliant like most other heroes so you don't have to slam several abilities every couple of seconds just to be effective. Its pretty refreshing.

Sometimes you have to be stubborn and play DPS if your current ones are getting anything done. It's better to be down a support/tank if it means things on the enemy's team will actually die.

when r they removing ez chimp from this stupid game

For now stick to Soldier and position on High Ground. When looking down the enemy shows off much more of their head. It's also much easier to hit lemmings that don't look up until they're already dead.
When fighting on even ground keep your aim at their upper neck/jaw line. If they jump around like a retard you still get body shots as long as your aim is steady.

Just keep at it and stay safe. A dead hero does no damage.

Still no summer skin for my waifu, but I'm still going! I'll unlock it soon!

Did you get what you wanted from the event so far user? I wish you luck if you have not yet!

>team has tracer, pharah, genji
>oh so we're diving
>pick winston
>uhh winston can you switch to rein please

I'm trying to use him but I can't. He's a cool character but his play style just doesn't sync with me. I prefer being able to do my own thing and having quick and easy escape options. This is why Sombra and Tracer are my go to DPS.

Yeah I got my two rein voice lines. I'm still excited.

Not really.

So mean I make medicine sick.

The only new skin I got was Junkrat's. One of two I didn't care about in the slightest. I just want Soldier's

Ana belongs with Soldier!

>I know it's a meme to blame my team but when you're getting 40-50 elim consistently but still losing a game you can only assume it has to be them

>35 straight games
>10 are are normal games, you win some and lose some
>won most, but for those I didn't, fair match, try better next time
>25 are losses where there's literally nothing that you can do
>over half of these are due to genuine throwers
>the rest are due to irredeemable morons who are confusingly, frighteningly stupid
>(too many examples to give them all, but a lot of them have to do with either being blissfully oblivious to hero matchups, or unironically trying to 1v6 the enemy team)
>you can't stop these people, and you can't save them from themselves
>
>"hurr if you can't climb you deserve to be there"

If you just never run into shitty teammates, if you really never have this kind of bad luck, then consider yourself fortunate.
But don't try to tell the rest of us that this shit never happens.

Any good art of Mercy in her new summerskin? Art or SFM. Same goes for Widowmaker.

But how do I stop being so... twitchy? My shots spray much more than this

Stop posting people who aren't lonely. I feel an aching loneliness in my heart and these images are fresh lashes across it.

>if I can't be happy, nobody should be

Sensitivity.
Mine is on 5.40 with 800dpi on my mouse.

I got the Mercy skin and I didn't even want it nor do I use her ever.

You just know

same

I don't get this. If they're just toying with the D.va by not killing her on the spot, then why doesn't she just stay on point to stall?

i have 60 hours on zen (my max hours played atleast) and only play him when i'm in a coordinated stack of 4-6 players

any other time i just instalock ez mode dps like tracer and get free elo

its a fucking joke i know, but do urself a favour and stop playing support for solo queue

it's literally not worth the effort

They dont want to kill her so that she stays out of her mech I assume.

>keep going on losing streaks
>keep getting drooling retards for teammates in qp
>haven't gotten a single legendary this event after opening some 15 odd crate
>takes forever just to earn a crate
Why the fuck am I still playing?

On the upside with all the time I'm pumping into this game I'm actually starting to play pretty well.

Personally I play with 1600dpi+3.0sensitivity.
Other than that try experimenting with a different mouse grip style. Simply changing something up from your usual can make you focus your aiming and you'll play less on autopilot.

>"Ooh! Glittering prizes!"
>doesn't get a medal win pose

also, is anyone else hoping they get a 'Random' skin selector? kind of got so many now i only equip the ones from the latest event

500 coins? thats fucking good especially after the lootbox changes. you want to hoard those credits boy.
at least you didn't get a second legendary bastion skin
FUCK

I used to say the same but I've played so much and always have 10k coins at the very least that I don't really care anymore. Also now with the no dupe thing it feels like it's much lower risk to buy event items close to the start of the event.

Nice. I'm gonna try it out.

how do you play below 5? any lower and its impossible for me to turn around fast enough

>qp
no one cares lmao, go play ranked people try more often than qp at least.

This image is unrealistic. Roadhog isn't cooked and served on a silver platter.

Talon Joker has his eye and lower jaw mechanically replaced.

if I mic spam a random song in a pub match how fast will I be banned?

You won't be banned, just muted by other players.

Jesus christ the community in this game is trash.

Why is it so bad?

Try to deny it, nothing can replace New Zeelander Pork

I don't want to do comp when I'm just trying to grind out crates. Feels like I'm just setting my self up to lose a bunch of SR.

all the fps rejects and shitters from league of legends are in it

A big swipe is an auto 180.