/domg/ - Dominions General

Where's my Goat Pussay Edition
Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pantokrator

Some fucking pussy goats without pussy are infiltrating my provinces, attacking my dudes when they do their work, probably practicing debauchery without any pussy in sight in other provinces and they have the gall to ask for a fucking 72 hours extention. AI them right now.

>Hello yes this is C'tis
>Yes our primary exports are death and cults this is true

>traitor queens
I know those weren't fucking traitors you lying scheming son of spider

you're just trying to overthrow lion so you can shit things up with even worse sacreds in the middle age. you shitting spiders aren't even as cool as HYENA.

anyone starting a game?

I need someone to sub for Smerv.
You need only do it for a week if you like, I think the player would take the reins back if you no longer wish to play.

Smerv is a nation of hyena demon things.
Notably they have trash troops, great 105 gold B1 +1 bloodsearchers, some good mages, and the ability to summon some pretty cool 4 attack, size 2, bless-berserk, undead sacreds en masse(like 70 per ritual) once you hit blood 6 or so.

They have expanded decently and have a bless, but that's about all I know.

Drop an email if you'd like to sub.

>what's the source for the TC failed war against Caelum?
>no signs of Nazca and Marignon interacting?
>Jomon gets canon influenced by TC and adopts their elemental magic it's not an offshoot though

There was some "recent" talk about some grand 3 Pretenders+9 disciples for each of them game on /v/anheim, you should go there and ask what it's all about.

>>what's the source for the TC failed war against Caelum?
a hero description
>>no signs of Nazca and Marignon interacting?
i knew i missed something
what were they doin'?

>i knew i missed something
>what were they doin'?

i don't have an in game source but this image says Mari is responsible for Nazca's absence in LA

Where is Nazca even supposed to be for that to happen? Caelum and Mictlan are on different continents separated by sea but Nazca is based on Incas so it should be where Mictlan and Xibalba are.

yeah, well Mari does sail there, no?

No the problem is how did Nazca get in there from Caelum.

they flew?

They migrated a ton of people and their belongings through pankoman knows how many nations across the oceans to another continent? And nobody mentions a peep of this or have any influences from such a huge migration occurring?

ded thread

OP can't bump it because he is the OP (or can he?), it's your fault I was the OP that time. Now take responsibility and AI that Pan idiot who thought he could take on me and then take a 72 hours long break.

gift of health should give all unwinged caelians their wings back

Game: FinalCountdown
Turn number 42
Next turn due: 21:35 GMT on Monday August 14th

Agartha 2h file received
Gath 2h file received
Jomon 2h file received
Marignon 2h file received
Patala 2h file received
Ragha 2h file received
>R'lyeh Waiting for 2h file
T'ien Ch'i 2h file received
Utgard 2h file received

thread would be easier to keep alive if we got some turns lambert

Fomoria, let's negotiate

They're born without them, unless you mean the sacreds that lose their wings. Honestly I think they'd just cut them off they grew back, which is kind of horrific

Why is the AI too dumb to blood sacrifice :(

i never understood how to play blood nations and not get wiped away by someone with less unrest and more money

>mass good summons that are practically free
>win by sheer weight of good troops
Helps that most blood nations have other advantages too

make them have more unrest and less money than you using blood magic

You use the money you lose from hunting by gaining blood bucks. You spend these blood bucks on troops normal money can't buy. These troops are usually a lot better than what you can buy for normal money.

Another way of looking at it.

Therodos is gonna win this. I blame Sy for failing to remove ghosts. You had one job.

Because you patrol with cheap summons and summon more troops that cost nothing to maintain. Plus those troops are pretty fucking good.

>gain 25 unrest
>get 1 devil
thanks satan I'll stick to anathemants

are u stupid

with era labels

>spend 185 gold
>they cast Rain

thanks Rhuax i'll stick with blood summons

>gain 25 unrest that instantly goes away because of a few militia and PD
>get ~15 slaves if you do it sensibly
>repeat across 20 provinces
>60 demon knights a turn
ok gel

Marignabysia the Double Fire when

But what happens if a shitty indie priest casts Banish?

>tfw no Abysian hoplites in post-Arco invasion

Say it with me, lads.

M

R

N

but pythium is an offshot of ermor as well no?

It's ermorified Sauromatia.

ermor conquered sauromatia, result of conquest became Pythium

Then there should be an arrow from Ermor.

Also, what does blyad mean in that context?

"Blyad" is a more impolite and offensive way of saying whore in Russian. It is also used as highly emotional and rude equivalent of saying "damn". I suppose it is used in the chart to denote how badly Sceleria and Ermor fucked up.

+9h for Atlantis

yes
it's right here

Do we know who Agartha fought in EA in the war they got rekt hard? The Ulmite invasion came after they were mostly gone.

I know what it means, I don't get how it's relevant to the chart, тoвapищ.

A cursed e*f with 8 afflictions have better stats than half of national troops in the game. How does it make you feel?

Lel he'd still be better even without those xp bonuses.

He is also triple experienced and sacred, it's balanced.

screen of afflictions
everyone at once apparently

Hmm?

Two contradictory stories, both of which suggest influences on Arcoscephale that are unmentioned in the picture.

>a kind and beautiful giant woman of uncertain age will never punch you with her fist of love
Why even claim godhood?

Not really contradictionary. Kirke is prior to EA teaching Arco priestesses while Sabba is mentioned mentoring Sibyls and priestesses. Arco was rampaging through the region of kikes in MA so she could have been the one teaching Sibyls who ended up being the dominant power in LA Arco.

Here's the answer.
I should have realized R'lyeh has mindblasters in their PD.

How do I place heavy and light infantry? Heavy in centre, light on flank?

Crossbowmen support?

Don't use heavy or light infantry, they're shit. Use national troops. Unless your national troops are even worse. If you absolutely have to, set light infantry (with javelins) to fire, behind a line of heavy infantry.

Look. This is a heavy infantryman. Most of nations have national heavy infantry.

Have one layer of heavy and two of light, it will take time for them to get to the front so the light in the front will die off on transit, thus leaving the heavy units to deal their damage, while the light in the back will be able to use their javelins.

Asking abstract questions like that won't get you anywhere. Should've asked about a particular nation in the first place. If you have enough resources for myrms, you have enough resources for both wind riders and chariots.

nigga you should of told us the troops, I thought you were talking about these fags

Being a noob and smug at the same time is unacceptable. Use proper unit names next time. "Heavy infantry" can be anything from vanheres to pikemen, and the units sometimes have different uses and tactics.

Berserker +5 is a hell of a drug. He'll get to 19 attack and 14 strength with it, not to mention bonus protection.

ded

Turns reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

95% sure Ashdod is going to win this or next turn. Yeah, very clever, tip.

Pelagia, what the actual fuck. You were supposed to take 1 (ONE) throne from him. Your other raiding is doing absolutely nothing to him.
>what is bone melter
>what is acid

at least use mages for fuck's sake

Don't worry, Gath and Ashdod won't win on my watch (in my games). Have to wreck Pangaea in MA first though, the bastard is asking for it.

I already claimed this throne, Stool Cory. If you want to post screenshots, how about showing us where are your arch angels sneaking to?

They'll definitely sneaking to nations that have 5/6 thrones needed to win.

Remove Sandro.

>sneaking H3 priests to thrones
Really makes you think.

>5/6
You're just posting random numbers at this point, aren't you.

Even random numbers are right once in a while, and I'm pretty sure people without American education can count.

Seriously though, who are you diplomancing at this point. It's literally you vs the world. Either win or die. Shittalking won't help much.

What are you guys even talking about? You can see how many thrones one guy has simply by checking statistics and contacting your spy network across the Northern America.

We're too busy hacking the American economy right now.

Are my ghosts actually doing it? I knew they would be strong once the restriction of having a mind was lifted from them.

>Jomon the Ditanu

I'll post this here mostly for bragging.

but you were bullying me in the thread with your eyes of god images that make me look fat

Bully the bullies!
You are doing pankoman's work.

Oh boy, you beat a shitty nation with more gold in troops and way more mages, how impressive.

why no taurs

:(
Saying something nice wasn't that hard.

Bragging isn't nice either, and if that's a human and not AI you were also bullying.

a little

>posting battle reports is now bullying
If people lost, they're bullying themselves by being bad at the game :^)

t. RudixBullix

Theodoros also influenced MA Pelagia pretty extensively.

see and

china has 5, not 4 elements

Chinesium isn't a real element

How do I properly kit out my shapeshifting Jotunheim werewolfs so they dont lose their gear?

you send vaetti hag squires with them, they buff them with body ethereal and the collect items if needed, also protect from mind hunts

Graphs, 50 turns after The AI'ing.

Niefel is still huge and has extremely high income (spent on Jotun Militia) and gets >100 gems per turn. The second strongest nation is, surprisingly, Therodos - they're about to kill TNN and are getting enough freespawn to almost rival the amount of giant militiamen. Pelagia's and Sauro's dominion is starting to fall down - it seems that Niefel AI learned how to build temples.