/tswlg/ The Secret World Legends General

Goodbye Flappy Edition

>FAQs:
secretworldlegends.com/faq/
secretworldlegends.com/news/steam-launch-info/
store.steampowered.com/app/215280/Secret_World_Legends/

>Guides:
tswdb.com/miscellaneous/the-ultimate-beginner-guide/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6j2qkc/hopefully_complete_guide_to_all_things_swl_made/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6kr224/guide_to_gear_and_upgrading/

>Current In Game Event:
tswdb.com/events/the-whispering-tide/

>Latest Patch (2.03) notes:
secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-3-patch-notes/

>Automatically join Veeky Forums (ded) & Sanctuary (community help) chats:
forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?74514-Scripts-for-Customchats
Create two text files in your SWL/scripts folder (might have to create the scripts folder first)
Rename them to auto_login and auto_teleport , WITHOUT a file extension.
Put the following text into the files:
delay 5000
/chat join vidya
/chat join sanctuary

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U9FzgsF2T-s?t=78
kingsmouth.com/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6ja7en/a_guide_to_slot_taxes_and_secondary_weapons/
sephorassecretcloset.wordpress.com/2014/06/24/house-in-exile-illuminati-outfit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Trying to come up with a good build to solo through things. Started trickster because it seemed pretty straightforward. Thinking of swapping pistols for assault rifles so I have a self healing option. Sound good?

Also, is it true I can get all the event items after ten boxes?

I'm only at 5 right now so I want to know if its worth grinding my way to 10.

Yeah, the ten first will give yopu the event stuff. The rest only give 2K animas.
Note that if you've got some of the items already from original TSW, it will skip to the next gift.

Please remember to pack some lunch for secret adventuring.
Especially if the places you intend to go are kind of dubious.

>buy faction automaton
>not account wide
Goddamn, this is some miserly shit.

And I guess to follow this up, would blood or assault rifle be a better secondary for healing myself? I want to have a ranged secondary for the purpose of having a ranged attack, but I'm not sure which would be more practical for keeping myself alive.

Alright, idea
In place of aux weapons, add a unique skill slot that changes depending on the combination of weapins you have equipped
Whether this takes which weapon is primary and secondary into account is up to you
I figure it'll give us something to do

*weapons

I guess i'll start us off
Russian Roulette
Pistol/Chaos
Adds random effects to the pistol's cylinders, which get more powerful when two of the same effect line up

My game always froze when i pick up the desert rose in SD. Weird.

>1 day cooldown
>2k anima shards
Many keks.

Nice! I finish shaving my legs just in time for new bread! :3

W-when does Flappy disappear...?
Has it anything to do about that rumored content patch tomorrow?

That backpack looks nerdy AF, but kinda comfy at the same time...
Good thing that Orochi gal seems to know the importance of staying hydrated though?

When you fusion weapons, aside from keping the quality of the main component does the main comp glyph carry over to the new tier weapon as well?

Yes, as long as you never overright the glyphed tali with another, you will be fine. You should be able to preview the results before you fuse too.

Ah thanks! Never upgraded beyond green 2pip shit before, so...

Indeed.
Wish they would let me put it on top of a coat tho.

(Critical) Your Demolish hits (Normal) She Who Crawls Outside for 330812 physical damage.

Just got the runic pet from flappy, the rest is just anima shards right?

Catalyst is the last reward

There is an epic weapon catalyst at the end so you should keep going on if you still got a few caches.

So this flappy thing is still going on?
>40 man raid
Man, I picked the bad time to install on a shitty 8 year old laptop.

Well shit, I started playing two days into flappy so i'm missing that one

That hazmat suit you get as a buff in qt3.14 Marianne Chen's mission lets you keep coats on top of it! I wish I'd taken a screenshot of my Exorcist Jacket CDC buddy. :

Can you use your MoF's to buy more scenario keys when you run out?

I think opening boxes start the count, not the day you picked them up on?

Indeed.

REMINDER BLADE WILL TILL SUCK

I did some basic math, on how they should have fixed blade.
Currently the spirit blade combat power coefficient is 0.97
All they had to do is make the spirit blade combat coefficient 2.29 and keep literally everything else the same.
I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN, ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS RAISE SPIRIT BLADE COMBAT COEFFICIENT TO 2.29.

Then the spirit blade would be competitive with other weapons in terms of damage while having a somewhat effort demanding minigame.

I guarantee that this single fix would have fixed blade instantly instead of this bullshit where we get easier spirit blade up time which is USELESS if even with 100% blade up-time balde is about 1000 DPS behind other weapons with the same gear.

If you think thats bad, you should look at fist healing's passives.

which ones?

The entire bottom row and the first 2 on mid. Its like they just copied the passives from TSW but since healing is completely different in legends, they are pretty much pointless. Its pretty clear that they didn't actually put any thought into fist weapons in general. Which would explain why fist dps is such a mess right now too.

That might be the case; fisters will have to comfort themselves with the vastly superior ult in the meantime:

Bring back Elite passives fucking when?

Healing needs to be tweaked regardless of the discrepancy between blood/fist. The fact that I can't spam my builder on the target of my choice really pisses me off. I can't pre-hot the tank when the dps in my group is standing in aoes. I also can't use these heals on non-group members, even people in my own raid. You are forced to use cooldowns or resource consumers in order to heal people not in your group.

Just to clarify 2.29 coefficient is if you want blade to be good and worth the risk with the old system.
With the new system they plan to use, I would say coefficient of 1.5 would be probably be enough to help blade at least catch up to some of the other weapons, since the value of being able to mix in a secondary weapon attack and not get punished for it adds dps in an of itself.

played blade in the old tsw, picked guns for a change in the new

Glad I did frankly, seems blade is still shit after all these years

>Catalyst is the last reward

really? wasn't the rest anima shards? crap I missed one day of the event when did this happen?

AR. You can attack and leech at the same time, so it's great for solo.

You'll get it the next day then, don't worry. As long as you play 10 days of the event, you'll get your shit.

Anima shards is the default gift when you don't have shit anymore. Chest unopened will also give some kind of anima shards.

It is, not only is it shit, but it has no flexibility either. Most of the passives blade has is meme tier "get extra damage for every 100th hit while spirit blade is active" kind of deal shit.
Pretty much all of the passive are dull and mediocre to shit

oh I though you meant day 14

nevermind I already got it then

>the Worn Curio first gadget you get

Does this thing have some special secret use later on or can I freely throw it in the dumpster?

You can dumpster it.

Save it, you'll thank me later

You'll get real gadgets from mission boxes and other sources.

>make a character with a good face
>he looks like an autistic retard every time he smiles in a cutscene

>he
Stopped reading here

Happy Polaris day.

Who A-c-t-i-o-n here?

youtu.be/U9FzgsF2T-s?t=78

Fug, I remember those episode missions from TSW!

But I'm still stuck on the starter island, due to my coop buddy not fucking finishing the story missions there... I'm lvl 42 now, just from doing daily challenges and haven't set foot in Egypt yet.

kingsmouth.com/

extreme

>won't let you use "inflammatory speech"
>it's propaganda I tell you
>meanwhile does horrible shit under this "proper language"
Gee it's just like real life

>AndyB - Today at 11:20 AM
>Please note that the final Whispering Tide raid portal opens August 15 at 8:00 AM EDT / 12:00 GMT. The aftermath begins approximately an hour after this portal and runs through rest of the day.(edited)
>Edit to clarify August 15th

You've wasted 10 Flappies, haven't you user?

GET YOUR TWO THOUSAND ANIMA SHARDS

Its just good to know that the "special something" will last the entire day.

itsfuckingnothing.jpg if you already done the 10 days like the rest of us

Dr Schreber did nothing wrong.

>Do all 14 flappy containers
>No mini flappy pet
>Even better, nothing at all
Wow

>Is told over and over again that only 10 containers will have anything of value in them
>Still complains when opening the last 4
Are you 10 years old?

Still, it would have been nice to recieve a little something for completing the whole thing.
And a mini flappy would have certainly be a nice bonus.

Thinking about going ar/blood when i start playing, how is that?
I'm thinking damage focused with a little bit of support

Be glad you got them all, I started playing 4 days into flappy and won't make them all

They did this intentionally so that people didn't feel punished for missing a day or two. Though I admit 2k shards is quite low.

Any good mods to install?

Yeah, but still, would have been a nice surprise.
This feel pretty lazy.

yes

Thank for your help, sweetheart.

Anything does alright while just leveling through the story mode. Blood/AR sounds very supportive, though of course you can go "DMG ABIRITIES/PASSIVES ONRY"?

>you will never be a japanese schoolgirl
;___;

>people with alts already throwing shitfits about not getting all the stuff
>surprise! You missed a sweet hidden treat for your main.
Stop huffing that paint, user.

>missushercosplaying.jpg

>people with alts already throwing shitfits about not getting all the stuff
Those guys would still cry out even if you mailed them the rewards, since they'd have to log on their alts and click on "delivered items".

That's the same as the wotlk launch event on WoW back in the day. Because of crying shitters, we can't have surprises anymore. Everything has to be safe.

I agree, but that's how it is.
Squalling retards mean we can't have nice things like surprises. I don't even see the point of alts beyond fashion, which the ugly as fuck carapace certainly ain't.

Damage will probably be my main focus, but i wanna keep some heals on hand in case anyone needs them

AP/SP come by quickly enough, so you'll have no problem buying into a little healing utility every now and then.

Might also be worth to take a look at how many abilites to use for each weapon, and what you want to be your main one?
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6ja7en/a_guide_to_slot_taxes_and_secondary_weapons/

yes

and moose, che and milosh are the same person

prove me wrong

i wonder if anything cool will happen.

From discord again:
>"Don't want to spoil it for new players but if you're a returning vet then you'll be familiar with it"
I played during TSW's whispering tide event but I don't remember what happened between the event's end and the opening of tokyo. Anyone know what it could be?

Moose is homosex though. Milosh has 4 kids!

where do you get the shoes and uniform?

The bees seem good with the 'puter, they should give some tips to Cucuvea.

sephorassecretcloset.wordpress.com/2014/06/24/house-in-exile-illuminati-outfit/

You got these outfits for turning in tokens that you got from doing several missions in tokyo. Its anyone guess how they'll be given out in SWL.

Not an alt; did I mess something up?

Just that I'll sue you for copyright infringement, and you can't do anything against it since i'm protected by seven illuminati-approved proxies.