>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group

Find people that don't post on /dbt/ anymore to ride with:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:

Want to find out how your Harley fits your wife's son?
cycle-ergo.com

"We, the government, must protect you from yourself":
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:
Failed previous thread:

what the fuck is going on in that other thread

Autism

>dat bulge

It's called a mound on women

>125
>for a bike thread
umm no, thats a scooter sweetie

Post women with bulges then.

your're mom

Thoughts on the Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD?

> snow
> 6 degree Celsius
um i don't think so sweetie

this is now a feminine penis thread

Kawasaki versys 1kLt or Yamaha fz09? And why

Ummm not really, it is 16 and sunny here

>tfw want to ride but 30 cm of snow outside
Even a knobby tire is useless in these conditions, I'd need a paddle tire or tracks

My thermometer reads a bit over 4°C, yet it's snowing
>euro weather

did you know we have tigers in russia?

MT 09, because of that sweet triple sound and because it's a Yamaha

I think you can get the 750 for pretty much the same price.

Who cares what it is?

that's not a 125

Thank you

post more of that chicken

burger here, how legal is it to strap one these on to my rear rack for a (mostly) road bike? I was thinking of getting fiber optic one.

it'd help if I remembered the image

fiber optic what?

It's legal here in yuroland, and I've seen crooser loosers with american flags

they make versions with the flag pole lit, I was thinking of getting a red one and hooking it into my brake light.

Silly 4chum, I don't live on the equator

Red and blue are not allowed, for obvious reasons
You might get away with a "breathing" effect, but no flashing

kys not ybr

Can't stand the YBR. Ugly as sin. Handles like shit.

I don't think anyone will disagree here, you need to say something other than the obvious truth to bait people

I have zero cash and no job rn, and am desperate. I bought a throttle cable that ended up being too short and exhausting my remaining money. Can I solder a section of my old cable that I cut to the new one? Are solders strong enough to hold that at least for 2 weeks until I get my first check?

Pls no judgements, suffice to say shit has fallen apart for me in the last 2 months and I just need answers

Just crank the adjustment nut to the minimum or route it differently than factory
You might be able to use a pushbike's cable, but the diameters are a bit off

YBR a beaut

I know people who did zero maintenance on Tomos mopeds for 2 decades except topping off the gas and the things still run. Those yugoslavian engineers really made them to last.

It's possible i think but you would have to weave both cut ends into Each other and solder, also prop have to cut the cable sleeve, prob easier to give a dude a blowie for 20 bucks and buy a cable kit on amazon

I've got a solder on stop for my throttle cable because I went with a different carb and it holds up fine.

I'm a retard, just putting it out there.
Where is the adjustment nut, and could I get a visual representation of a weave cut?

>I know people who did zero maintenance on Tomos mopeds for 2 decades except topping off the gas and the things still run. Those yugoslavian engineers really made them to last.
What maintenance is there to do anyway? Air filter? These things are so simple I don't even think there's anything to maintain

Awesome, thanks! What metal should I use for the solder? Was thinking either lead or bronze

>tires
>spark plug + it's a two stroke so that should be changed more often
>fuel lines

If people here just would do any maintenance. Cars often end up being complete junk piles at about 150-200 000 kilometers (watch out, kilometers, not miles!) because nobody bothers to fix anything.

Dude, I'm not gay but if I was desperate 20 bucks is 20 bucks then your g2g. And google rope splicing

Show me your cable
Depending on type it could be inline with it, near the bars or down at the carby

kys wr you are the reason we can't have the nice things

Got to replace my chain & sprocket.

I'm an absolute scrub so laugh at me if I'm wrong, but I've heard you can change the sprocket size to get more acceleration at the cost of top end speed.

How could I do this? All the sprockets I'm looking at online seen to be the same size.

>sign up for socal supermoto
>get a track day at sale price
>whoops something came up, can I reschedule?
>sure, but that was supposed to be a non-transferable promotion
>oh my bad I can pay full retail no worries
>nah it's ok just bring a friend
>tfw none of my friends ride
>tfw that was in July

You get one of a different size
As an example, I went from a 44t rear to a 46t, putting down about 5% more torque, but losing out on 5% of my top speed
Let's say I once topped out at 200, now I'd be at 190

Or, alternatively, if I cruised on the highway at 6krpm, now i will at 6030

Interesting, thank you. My bike only has a top speed of 80-85mph, which is not a lot. Would it be worth sacrificing 5mph for a 5% torque increase?

I can't really decide if I should keep it stock or not.

I’ve been interested in starting biking but my friend who used to bike unintentionally scared me about how dangerous it is. What are the chances I’m gonna get hit by some idiot in a car not paying attention?

america?

Yes, unfortunately

57% chance you'll die on your first week

well, about 100% then.
it was nice to know you user

Nice number, where’s the proof

It can be dangerous, but riding a bike is a totally different experience to driving. You ride to survive, you constantly keep tabs on what's going on around you, what's going on up ahead, you have to become very defensive because you are vulnerable.

Riding is great fun and you'll probably be fine, you just have to remember that people are stupid and stay well away, and expect them to do stupid shit 24/7.

I plan to get a ninja to start on, would getting it in a bright color like lime green improve my chances of people seeing me?

moto madness

>I live in flat gridland
Then it's way easier for you to get shot by a cop or a nigga.

Once you learn how to countersteer properly and feel the bike as a part of your body you can go and do whatever you want

Silver solder, it's much harder/stronger than regular tin/lead solder.

I'm already dead, if you see a skellington riding a bike that's me

I have that same HOMCOM topbox. Got it on eBay for like 55 bucks shipped.

Not at all, you could be the brightness of the sun itself and people will still miss you.

GF wants to take MSF beginner course so she can be a better passenger. I think that’s a great idea!
I should teach her to ride a bicycle first though, right? She never learned because she’s an orphan.

if you don't want to live here, then please leave

I've got 5 grand in the bank and zero motivation to live any longer. I need to convert that money into a machine that will end it all in the most surefire fashion possible. Suggestions?

Don't bother with gear, she's already covered in scars

Kawasaki H2R

Any BR anons here ?
Thinking about a honda cg titan 160cc
I'm a newfag and i dont know shit about bikes, pls spoonfeed me.

TUONO

Is it normal for my bike to go into about 3k revs for a few seconds then drop down to 1.5k after starting it up after leaving it out in a cover over night? As well as a distinctive petrol smell coming from my bike for a few seconds but fades away?

Definitely not a motorbike. Crashing it will hurt a lot, and you ll quite possibly make it and be crippled.

Way out of my league financially.

Now that looks a lot more reasonable. How reliable and easy to control are those? I'd prefer something that's either viable to burst into flames by itself or steers so badly that I'll end up dead on the first corner I take.

At the very least I want to go out having the last bit of joy I could possibly squeeze out of this miserable existence. Sure, I could just buy a shotgun and blow my head off, but where's the fun in that? I need death to come on two wheels and with a final burst of adrenaline.

Easy af to work on, parts are cheap and abundant, sips fuel and is fast enough for city traffic. If you are concerned with budget, might want to consider the 125. Even more frugal, cheaper and has less shit to brake.

It goes without saying that if you plan on doing any kind of highway riding this is NOT the bike for you.

pretty much any liter bike made in the past 20 years can go about 180. Chances of not dying when crashing into something solid at that speed are slim. You can shoot yourself just before impact to be sure if you want.

Reposting from last thread but is there a first bike/price guide for ausfags?

>surefire
Buy a KTM and start it

I don't want to buy some piece of shit that breaks down before it hits the good speeds. I want something that'll disintegrate while I'm doing at least 200+.

I saw how some of those fuckers managed to finish the Dakar. Too reliable for my needs.

then get a loan for an H2 with a ridiculously high interest rate. It's not like financial stability would matter to you.

Also sport bikes are incredibly reliable. You could get 2 bikes in good enough condition to kill you with $5k.

a bike breaking down isn't going to kill you. You need to hit a very solid wall at very hihg speed to be sure you die.

Hey I have the same Ski

This is European hours, ignore the other posts.
Learn to ride safely and don't push your limits and you will do fine. You can avoid 99% of potential accidents on a bike if you are smart about it. Don't sit in blind spots, don't go slower than traffic, use your signals, etc.

>euro hours
America is fully awake

Buy a first gen R1 for $2k and turbo it.

>11am in the easternmost time zone
Yeah ok.

Just buy any bike and try to ride safe and slow, it will still kill you.

Thanks user, its for a job-home-uni course, however i might have to make some trips from Campo Grande to Aquidauana and other cities (around 200-400km) is it doable ?

Now we're talking. Thanks, man, this seems like the way to go.

I've been going safe and slow all my life, which is why I'm gonna go out hard and fast, hopefully in a glorious fireball.

Thanks fellas, it's been great having this talk with you, and thanks for the suggestions, even the ones I won't be doing. Have a good time y'all, and remember that if you ain't feeling alive, then it's not worth living.

Overall, you are nine times more likely to die on a bike than in a car. However, those stats are skewed by all the Stunta boyz, drunks, street-rossi's, Squiddo, and middle aged guys on Harley's who "rode dirty when I was in school". Those guys die at the highest rate of all, surprisingly.

So, don't be a Street Rossi, Squiddo, or midlife crises guy and you'll be fine.

Waste of trips
Just off yourself and dont risk anyones life

Those carbed superbikes make absurd gains when heavily modded
Pretty sure the turbo R1s make like 230hp+

Get a suzuki.
Youll be dead in no time

I love carbs. So easy to work with, once you learn how. My newest bike is EFI, which has been a bit discouraging as adding Dynojet's black box to Bosche's strikes me as just going double-black.

I'm ordering a cat-delete pipe from Chinaland, when it get's here I think I'm leaving the EFI alone and adding a PowerJet. Because it's 1979 again.

That is retarded.
Just tune it

NO get a Yamaha.

Those have all been fixed though

Suzuki still a shit

Lol I'm a fan of carbs more too but that seems needless

Things break when you crash
Who would have thought